Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:17 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:51 pm

You keep trying to imply I'm scared by the bullshit you peddle, when I'm not scared. As previously stated, this virus is following the historical path of all viruses that become endemic.

You really need to start thinking for yourself and quit pushing the bullshit you keep reading. You are not helping.

Which methodology did they use to classify those deaths? Can you even tell me? How about case count? It's much easier than myelin sheaths, axons and dendrites.

Don't forget NOT PEER REVIEWED. That's not how science works.
The bullshit I’ve been peddling from the start of this has been mostly predictive of at least reasons to be concerned and often of how things play out. Why? Quality sources supported by the science you proclaim to understand.

You seem quite angry. Hope your day gets better.
I am angry, but not at you. My apologies for being a dick, you didn't deserve that.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:20 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:17 pm

The bullshit I’ve been peddling from the start of this has been mostly predictive of at least reasons to be concerned and often of how things play out. Why? Quality sources supported by the science you proclaim to understand.

You seem quite angry. Hope your day gets better.
I am angry, but not at you. My apologies for being a dick, you didn't deserve that.
Hey man, no worries whatsoever. We’re good. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:40 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:21 am

Covid is medical, had we followed the medical advise, we wouldn't have the psychological and economic issues that followed. By not following the protocol, Covid spread, and the government got involved, leading to the psychological and economic issues. Several segments of the economy are booming right now, and at least where I am, there is not much that is on lockdown, just the slow release of the vaccine.
Politics played a part in people not following protocol but so did psychology and communications/marketing. The doctors arrogantly thought they could tell people what to do and people would just do it. They should have considered how to frame and communicate the message as well how to explain the changes in the recommendations.

Protocols were first put in place in March and adjusted but are still in place in varying formats. Do you really think that if people had followed the protocols this would have been under control in a matter of weeks? Because that is the only way we would have avoided the psychological and economic impacts. And a good psychologist/sociologist could have told the doctors that some people weren't going to follow the protocols and the doctors could have planned and communicated accordingly. Doctors aren't gods and people aren't going to bow before them and do exactly what they say. To expect people to do so is arrogant and demonstrates a lack of understanding of human nature.
:nod: The protocols were just to "flatten the curve". The virus was always going to virus.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:22 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:40 am

Politics played a part in people not following protocol but so did psychology and communications/marketing. The doctors arrogantly thought they could tell people what to do and people would just do it. They should have considered how to frame and communicate the message as well how to explain the changes in the recommendations.

Protocols were first put in place in March and adjusted but are still in place in varying formats. Do you really think that if people had followed the protocols this would have been under control in a matter of weeks? Because that is the only way we would have avoided the psychological and economic impacts. And a good psychologist/sociologist could have told the doctors that some people weren't going to follow the protocols and the doctors could have planned and communicated accordingly. Doctors aren't gods and people aren't going to bow before them and do exactly what they say. To expect people to do so is arrogant and demonstrates a lack of understanding of human nature.
:nod: The protocols were just to "flatten the curve". The virus was always going to virus.
The "shelter in place" was to "flatten the curve". The protocols were to slow the spread during and after the "shelter in place".
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:35 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:25 am

I love me some rugged individualism. I use it as a pejorative here to trigger. How’s it working? :lol:

The nation was also founded and has been governed by GROUPs of men who worked together for a COLLECTIVE cause. :coffee: you know...all that ‘to secure these rights, governments are created by men/we shall hang together or surely hang separately/ one nation under god/...mumbo jumbo. :coffee: :coffee:

And yes, I understand the need for limitations on government enshrined in our founding ideals as well.

As for the politics...that’s, again, a matter of leadership. We can make excuses for why a team isn’t on the same page and playing together as a unit but most of the time it falls on leadership (coaching).
I think we actually agree to a large degree....the failure was in leadership, and not just Trump. But Pelosi, Schumer, et.al., who went against ANYTHING the Executive branch proposed and politicized literally every statement. Trump shut down travel from China? Pelosi goes to Chinatown in SF and parties. Trump says try Hydroxide-whatever, he’s an idiot, Fauci says its nothing to worry about and masks don’t work, then it’s the worst thing ever and wear THREE masks....our leadership (from Trump on down) failed us miserably, and it’s why I laugh at people who think the government will step in and “save” them...there was literally ZERO “collective” for the cause—every single thing was politicized and done solely to consolidate power. People aren’t stupid. When they see THAT happening, it’s “fuck off and leave me alone, I’ll go over here and survive without your “help””. Or, as you call it, “rugged” individualism. :|
Nailed it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:25 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:22 pm

The "shelter in place" was to "flatten the curve". The protocols were to slow the spread during and after the "shelter in place".
Yes...to "flatten the curve"...Now we are just doing it in perpetuity.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:30 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:20 pm

Hey man, no worries whatsoever. We’re good. :thumb:
Thank you.

If you want more abuse, come over to my fight thread. :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:56 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Until we get enough people poked in the arm.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:05 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:56 pm

See, that’s the latest “two weeks”....it’s why it’s all bullshit, Gil. And they’re ALREADY changing their narrative and saying “well, we can’t just automatically stop social distancing and wearing masks, just because we get everybody vaccinated!” This will NEVER. END.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:08 pm

See, that’s the latest “two weeks”....it’s why it’s all bullshit, Gil. And they’re ALREADY changing their narrative and saying “well, we can’t just automatically stop social distancing and wearing masks, just because we get everybody vaccinated!” This will NEVER. END.
One we hit herd immunity, no reason to continue with the protocol.
Last edited by Gil Dobie on Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Exactly. Fauci has already said the vaccine won't lift the protocols. It's all fucking bullshit.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:39 pm

One we hit herd immunity, no reason not to continue with the protocol.
Great, so you admit you want to continue with the current protocol- the mask wearing, distancing, size limitations, etc once we have hit herd immunity. :dunce: :ohno:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:09 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:39 pm
One we hit herd immunity, no reason not to continue with the protocol.
Great, so you admit you want to continue with the current protocol- the mask wearing, distancing, size limitations, etc once we have hit herd immunity. :dunce: :ohno:
Is herd immunity really going to happen? Or is this more like the cold that we can catch over, especially with different variants?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:40 pm

Exactly. Fauci has already said the vaccine won't lift the protocols. It's all fucking bullshit.
Who cares what Fauci says.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:19 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:18 pm

Let's take this one step at a time. Do you feel any air come in around the mask. Like by your cheeks?

Essentially, is all the air you breath in, coming through the mask?
What's your point? Mask are worn to reduce the amount of virus released by an infected person, not to prevent a person from breathing in the virus. Distancing helps with that.
Really? You have to ask? If you have a spreader, your mask is only minimally effective.

Don't hate yourself because you don't have comorbidities and are healthy.

Holy shit. I've never seen so many people hate themselves.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:28 pm

What's your point? Mask are worn to reduce the amount of virus released by an infected person, not to prevent a person from breathing in the virus. Distancing helps with that.
Really? You have to ask? If you have a spreader, your mask is only minimally effective.

Are you kidding. Libs can’t STAND themselves...
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:26 pm

No shit. I've never seen a group hate themselves more than COVID scolds.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Oh, it’s not just the COVID scolds...there’s more self flagellation and self loathing in libs than in any other collective group known to man.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

I do have a comorbility and my wife has two. When you sober up we can talk again.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Or the group of self proclaimed experts that make fun of those that follow their Doctors advice.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Trumpers lead that category. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:14 pm

I do have a comorbility and my wife has two. When you sober up we can talk again.
I only wish you and your wife well, please know that.

But listening to the politicization of this pandemic is maddening. 65 million people were affected during H1N1 pandemic, with children being afflicted. Did we hear anything close to what is being spewed today?

Both are following the same trajectory, but one is obviously being politicized. I've had enough of that bullshit.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

For anyone going to China, get ready to bend over:
China makes anal swab Covid tests compulsory for foreign arrivals

China has made anal swab tests for the coronavirus mandatory for almost all international arrivals, deepening a row with other countries over a practice many have described as humiliating.

The Japanese government has already raised concern about its citizens being subjected to the “undignified” procedure while American diplomats have also complained. Katsunobu Kato, Japan’s chief cabinet secretary, said it would ask China to alter its testing regimen after some Japanese travellers reported suffering “psychological pain” from the invasive procedure....
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chin ... -mvthjq8c7
:shock: :suspicious: :lol: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:23 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:14 pm

I only wish you and your wife well, please know that.

But listening to the politicization of this pandemic is maddening. 65 million people were affected during H1N1 pandemic, with children being afflicted. Did we hear anything close to what is being spewed today?

Both are following the same trajectory, but one is obviously being politicized. I've had enough of that bullshit.
If we were as stringent with H1N1, or even suicide, or addiction, or the economy, etc, there's always going to be people saying what about this, what about that, what about the other thing. Tis the modern era of news media influencing the populace.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:21 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:09 pm
Is herd immunity really going to happen? Or is this more like the cold that we can catch over, especially with different variants?
There is a lot you asked in that question, but to give you the short answer, yes, COVID should eventually die down and become a seasonal type cold. Although it looks to be a nasty one for those susceptible individuals. The CDC has already started adding COVID statistics to the family that includes Flu and Pneumonia.