kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Don’t Sass Me!

Post by kalm »

Dear Republicans,

The next couple of elections will be decided by independents. Here’s your best candidate in 2024 if he’s interested. Next post is an example of how I think too many primaries will go.
That’s not to say Sasse isn't bothered by Nebraskans spending their Saturday targeting Sasse’s vote to convict Trump. In fact, he's perplexed that Republicans in his state even worked on Super Bowl Sunday to censure him.

“You want to go to some hotel, strip mall conference room and scream about a politician who tried to tell you: ‘I would oppose somebody in my own party who violated their oath?’" he marveled. "That's not healthy.”

Strong opinions came to Sasse easily during a 30-minute interview in his Capitol hideaway. Of Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), he says: “That guy is not an adult.” President Joe Biden’s White House is “cowering” to the opinions of people like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-N.Y.). Sasse sees Congress itself as little but “a bunch of yokels screaming.”

Sasse, 49, has a youthful energy, a rapid speaking pace and an everyman’s appeal. When he cracks open his mini-fridge, a hefty selection of Bud Light cans reveals itself. He has a dry sense of humor, deadpanning of his beloved Cornhuskers’ recent struggles in men's basketball: “Half of all presidential impeachments in U.S. history happened before Nebraska won another Big 10 game.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/2 ... KDgDYImIKw
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Don’t Sass Me!

Post by kalm »

U.S. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler was already facing a backlash from fellow Republicans after breaking with most of her party and voting to impeach former President Donald Trump.

Then she ignited national news — and briefly scrambled the end of the Senate impeachment trial — with an explosive account of Trump’s refusal to call off Capitol rioters during a phone call with House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy.

And now, pro-Trump forces are working to make Herrera Beutler pay.

In a recent interview with the far-right news site Newsmax, former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski boasted the Trump organization will back a candidate to unseat the congresswoman, who “caused a lot of consternation lately.”

Already, three primary challengers have declared against Herrera Beutler, R-Battle Ground, who will be up for a seventh term in 2022. All are first-time candidates who argue she betrayed Republicans by voting to impeach Trump.

They are: Joe Kent, an Army Special Forces veteran and former CIA employee; Heidi St. John, a Christian author and homeschooling advocate; and Wadi Yakhour, who worked as chief of staff at the Selective Service System in the Trump administration....

In an Inauguration Day blog post, since removed from her website, St. John echoed Trump’s false claims of election fraud, calling Biden’s election “the greatest vote heist in American history.”

A mother of seven, St. John views public schools as morally corrupted and urges parents to take their kids out of them. In a recent podcast, she advised parents not to allow children to have sleepovers with friends because “nothing good happens after 10 p.m.”

At a meeting of the Clark County Republican Party last week, St. John painted a dark picture of America, saying the nation is “at war with ourselves” and “on the brink of collapse” due to looming Marxism imposed by Democrats.

“This is a battle for the soul of America,” she said.

St. John also has rejected the response to the COVID-19 pandemic as a plot by political elites to damage Trump. In a Facebook video last month, she rejected mask mandates. “I don’t do the mask. It’s BS of the highest order,” she said.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... dTfkCwJPxU
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:41 am
U.S. Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler was already facing a backlash from fellow Republicans after breaking with most of her party and voting to impeach former President Donald Trump.

Then she ignited national news — and briefly scrambled the end of the Senate impeachment trial — with an explosive account of Trump’s refusal to call off Capitol rioters during a phone call with House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy.

And now, pro-Trump forces are working to make Herrera Beutler pay.

In a recent interview with the far-right news site Newsmax, former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski boasted the Trump organization will back a candidate to unseat the congresswoman, who “caused a lot of consternation lately.”

Already, three primary challengers have declared against Herrera Beutler, R-Battle Ground, who will be up for a seventh term in 2022. All are first-time candidates who argue she betrayed Republicans by voting to impeach Trump.

They are: Joe Kent, an Army Special Forces veteran and former CIA employee; Heidi St. John, a Christian author and homeschooling advocate; and Wadi Yakhour, who worked as chief of staff at the Selective Service System in the Trump administration....

In an Inauguration Day blog post, since removed from her website, St. John echoed Trump’s false claims of election fraud, calling Biden’s election “the greatest vote heist in American history.”

A mother of seven, St. John views public schools as morally corrupted and urges parents to take their kids out of them. In a recent podcast, she advised parents not to allow children to have sleepovers with friends because “nothing good happens after 10 p.m.”

At a meeting of the Clark County Republican Party last week, St. John painted a dark picture of America, saying the nation is “at war with ourselves” and “on the brink of collapse” due to looming Marxism imposed by Democrats.

“This is a battle for the soul of America,” she said.

St. John also has rejected the response to the COVID-19 pandemic as a plot by political elites to damage Trump. In a Facebook video last month, she rejected mask mandates. “I don’t do the mask. It’s BS of the highest order,” she said.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... dTfkCwJPxU
Interesting that the part of the article you copied and pasted was mainly about the craziest one that is challenging the incumbent .... :suspicious:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:34 am Dear Republicans,

The next couple of elections will be decided by independents. Here’s your best candidate in 2024 if he’s interested. Next post is an example of how I think too many primaries will go.
That’s not to say Sasse isn't bothered by Nebraskans spending their Saturday targeting Sasse’s vote to convict Trump. In fact, he's perplexed that Republicans in his state even worked on Super Bowl Sunday to censure him.

“You want to go to some hotel, strip mall conference room and scream about a politician who tried to tell you: ‘I would oppose somebody in my own party who violated their oath?’" he marveled. "That's not healthy.”

Strong opinions came to Sasse easily during a 30-minute interview in his Capitol hideaway. Of Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), he says: “That guy is not an adult.” President Joe Biden’s White House is “cowering” to the opinions of people like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio Cortez (D-N.Y.). Sasse sees Congress itself as little but “a bunch of yokels screaming.”

Sasse, 49, has a youthful energy, a rapid speaking pace and an everyman’s appeal. When he cracks open his mini-fridge, a hefty selection of Bud Light cans reveals itself. He has a dry sense of humor, deadpanning of his beloved Cornhuskers’ recent struggles in men's basketball: “Half of all presidential impeachments in U.S. history happened before Nebraska won another Big 10 game.”
Always remember that nothing good comes from Nebraska.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:07 am
Interesting that the part of the article you copied and pasted was mainly about the craziest one that is challenging the incumbent .... :suspicious:
Guilty as charged. It’s called a lead.

The vet might be more dangerous. Dan Crenshaw and the wheelchair bound kid types are compelling in their leadership attributes and military record but they are fighting an uphill battle too when it comes to MAGA.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:08 am
kalm wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:34 am Dear Republicans,

Always remember that nothing good comes from Nebraska.
Ummm...the Reuben Sammy and James Coburn?

Fail!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:13 am
HI54UNI wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:07 am

The vet might be more dangerous. Dan Crenshaw and the wheelchair bound kid types are compelling in their leadership attributes and military record but they are fighting an uphill battle too when it comes to MAGA.
*Lede
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:23 am
kalm wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:13 am

*Lede
It can’t be both?

Dyck.