Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:30 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 am

So a voting machines will simply "glitch" and swap votes? That as well seems like a very hard requirement.
SCOTUS says it doesn’t matter.

Ready to surrender?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/supreme ... d=76043982
In regards to getting anyone to do an actual forensic audit, sure. Said that all along, because it is obvious that there is no process to contest the election. Very much like how Gregoire beat Rossi years ago. Washington admitted they didn't have a process to resolve such a closely contested election.

In regards to voting machines magically glitching and swapping votes, no.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:35 am

Ready to surrender?

In regards to getting anyone to do an actual forensic audit, sure. Said that all along, because it is obvious that there is no process to contest the election. Very much like how Gregoire beat Rossi years ago. Washington admitted they didn't have a process to resolve such a closely contested election.

Team Trump should have asked the courts for forensic audits.

:lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:15 pm

First things first. There is no such thing as a glitch. A computer program does not rewrite it's code to give a different result. Something had to interfere.
Btw...don't you work for Boeing? :lol: 737 Max is INFAMOUS for its software glitch. :lol:
As I am not at liberty to speak for the company, I can't say anything, but will mention what others have said.

The US has a very strong pool of pilots with airmanship skills and thus can actually fly the plane.

Then we have some that believe you can fly the plane simply by checklist and autopilot.

Once again. I do not speak for the company.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ready to surrender?

I don't think you understand technology. :lol: There are a litany of computer glitches and bugs that occur and it has nothing to do with a human doing something evil. A coding or design mistake, sure but not b/c they want to swing the election. By your logic, the 737 Max "glitch" occurred b/c Boeing engineers wanted to kill people. It was a design mistake. Sometimes a glitch occurs b/c a software update was either needed or updated incorrectly ( missing a patch or part of the code.)

Besides, think critically - how long will a voting machine business stay in business if their product so blatantly cheats? People do stupid things and illegal things for sure, but i'm willing to bet that any audit of the voting machines would fine a "glitch" to not be the end result of a human trying to fix the election.

TLDR: Human error is plausible but hardly the only reason for a glitch.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:40 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 am

Btw...don't you work for Boeing? :lol: 737 Max is INFAMOUS for its software glitch. :lol:
As I am not at liberty to speak for the company, I can't say anything, but will mention what others have said.

The US has a very strong pool of pilots with airmanship skills and thus can actually fly the plane.

Then we have some that believe you can fly the plane simply by checklist and autopilot.

Once again. I do not speak for the company.
Auto pilot is only good as long as the sensors, like the AoA sensors, don't go haywire and cause MCAS to overcorrect.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:44 am

I don't think you understand technology. :lol: There are a litany of computer glitches and bugs that occur and it has nothing to do with a human doing something evil. A coding or design mistake, sure but not b/c they want to swing the election. By your logic, the 737 Max "glitch" occurred b/c Boeing engineers wanted to kill people. It was a design mistake. Sometimes a glitch occurs b/c a software update was either needed or updated incorrectly ( missing a patch or part of the code.)

Besides, think critically - how long will a voting machine business stay in business if their product so blatantly cheats? People do stupid things and illegal things for sure, but i'm willing to bet that any audit of the voting machines would fine a "glitch" to not be the end result of a human trying to fix the election.

I think you might have misinterpreted what I was saying.

I was saying voting machines should be ironclad in regards to not glitching. I assume it's why they don't allow updates to the software weeks before the election and why they are not supposed to be hooked up to the internet.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:53 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:44 am

I think you might have misinterpreted what I was saying.

I was saying voting machines should be ironclad in regards to not glitching. I assume it's why they don't allow updates to the software weeks before the election and why they are not supposed to be hooked up to the internet.
Being unhooked from the internet is a security "feature." It's right to expect technology to be problem free but expecting anything to be "iron clad" will just disappoint you. Speaking personally, my company has damn good cyber security defenses. We have millions and millions of attacks each year. Last year was the first time in almost 5 years that we had a successful breach.

Unless it's already being done, and I hope so, companies like Dominion should be building their software and then having Red teams assault them day and night to expose weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Throw everything they can at the HW and SW to make it react wrong. :twocents:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:18 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 am
False. Glitches exist and computer programs can re-write their code (or codes they're creating). It's part of Machine-Learning (ML). Computers are learning to code themselves (which would include updating their code i.e. patches).

Add AI to equation and you have a machine that can operate itself, check a server for updates and update itself, visualize a problem within it's architecture and resolve it, create a program all without a human.
:lol:

Sorry I missed this.

Screw you too!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:23 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:22 am Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe a "glitch" is a hardware problem which causes software issues, and a "bug" is a coding problem which causes software issues. Glitches happen, I encounter them in my job as I'm sure others have too.
A glitch can be a system failure. They're usually temporary and sometimes resolve themselves (i.e. turn off your laptop and see if that corrects the problem).

A bug is a HW or SW defect. They produce unintended results and typically arise from a error in design or source code.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Could this be the audit to finally end all doubts?

https://www.azmirror.com/2021/02/26/jud ... for-audit/
The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors must turn over ballots and tabulation machines to Senate Republican leaders so they can conduct an audit of the 2020 general election, a judge ruled.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Timothy Thomason ruled on Friday that it was within the Senate’s authority to subpoena the materials and equipment so it can audit the election. The ruling brings a potential conclusion to the months-long battle between the supervisors and the Senate.
Thought this defense by the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors speaks volumes.
Maricopa County challenged the subpoenas in court, arguing that it would be illegal to turn over the ballots to anyone, citing state laws requiring ballots to go under lock and key for two years once an election is canvassed. And the supervisors said it would jeopardize the certification of its ballot tabulation machines to allow an unaccredited or unqualified auditor to examine them.
WTF? I'm glad the judge told them the obvious. Locking up ballots isn't so they can just sit there and not be looked at. Very disingenuous argument in my opinion.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:19 am Could this be the audit to finally end all doubts?

The Maricopa County Board of Supervisors must turn over ballots and tabulation machines to Senate Republican leaders so they can conduct an audit of the 2020 general election, a judge ruled.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Timothy Thomason ruled on Friday that it was within the Senate’s authority to subpoena the materials and equipment so it can audit the election. The ruling brings a potential conclusion to the months-long battle between the supervisors and the Senate.
Thought this defense by the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors speaks volumes.
Maricopa County challenged the subpoenas in court, arguing that it would be illegal to turn over the ballots to anyone, citing state laws requiring ballots to go under lock and key for two years once an election is canvassed. And the supervisors said it would jeopardize the certification of its ballot tabulation machines to allow an unaccredited or unqualified auditor to examine them.
WTF? I'm glad the judge told them the obvious. Locking up ballots isn't so they can just sit there and not be looked at. Very disingenuous argument in my opinion.
What do you think they will find???

I bet it will be enough to overturn the 4 other states as well! Biden better not unpack everything just yet!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:33 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:19 am Could this be the audit to finally end all doubts?

I bet it will be enough to overturn the 4 other states as well! Biden better not unpack everything just yet!
Good question. If given digital images, ballots, envelopes and voting machines, they could find enough fraud to surpass the margin of victory. Examples would be fradulent ballots, invalid signature matches, paper ballot count not matching digital ballot count and shoddy adjudication.

We both know the election won't be overturned even if they did prove fraud gave Biden the victory, but hopefully it would lead to election reform.

Regardless, if this audit is thorough and transparent, then all questions should be answered and the subject put to rest.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:48 am

Good question. If given digital images, ballots, envelopes and voting machines, they could find enough fraud to surpass the margin of victory. Examples would be fradulent ballots, invalid signature matches, paper ballot count not matching digital ballot count and shoddy adjudication.

We both know the election won't be overturned even if they did prove fraud gave Biden the victory, but hopefully it would lead to election reform.

Regardless, if this audit is thorough and transparent, then all questions should be answered and the subject put to rest.
Fraud would be the only issue. What’s never talked about is the chance that Biden gains votes. It’s amazing it was as close as it was.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:00 am

Fraud would be the only issue. What’s never talked about is the chance that Biden gains votes. It’s amazing it was as close as it was.
All things are possible.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

The other question is: Can you trust that an audit by the Republican Senate will be objective and unbiased?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:39 am

The other question is: Can you trust that an audit by the Republican Senate will be objective and unbiased?
That's why I mentioned transparent. Should be a live stream of actions and discussions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

About as much as you can trust a polling station in Detroit, Philly or Atlanta manned by hard core Dems. :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:25 pm
About as much as you can trust a polling station in Detroit, Philly or Atlanta manned by hard core Dems. :lol: :lol:
True :rofl:
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

I doubt that.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

catbooster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:21 pm

I doubt that.
How so bro? Are you saying the losing side will never be happy?
catbooster
Level2
Level2

Post by catbooster »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:24 pm
catbooster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:21 pm

I doubt that.
Yep - not all, but a sizeable contingent.

Wait - you're just trolling me aren't you?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

catbooster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:11 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:24 pm

No I'm not. While I am on the side of election shenanigans, if there was a forensic audit in which I got to watch, I would gladly shut my mouth...which is very hard.
catbooster
Level2
Level2

Post by catbooster »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:28 pm
catbooster wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:11 pm

No I'm not. While I am on the side of election shenanigans, if there was a forensic audit in which I got to watch, I would gladly shut my mouth...which is very hard.
OK. I don't doubt you, and a fair number of other people would accept that result. But there are too many people - on both ends of the political spectrum - who don't seem to accept anything that goes against their views. If a transparent and thorough investigation corroborates the current conclusions of the Justice Dept, courts, state and local election administrators, etc., I'm sure a significant number of Trump supporters will still not believe that Biden won. Especially if Trump and some media outlets continue to get clicks/views/attention by continuing the stolen election story.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

What a bunch of general shitty people in this putsch.

Basket of deplorables. :ohno:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Oh.