Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Official "Making America Woke Again" Thread

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:52 pm
She wants to rewrite history and refuses to apologize - how imperialistic of her.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:02 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:52 pm
She wants to rewrite history and refuses to apologize - how imperialistic of her.
I see what you did there...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:20 am
kalm wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:29 am

Or we can criticize both while still measuring the degree of hypocrisy and doucheyness.

Do you want to wipe Trump’s slate clean because AOC didn’t condemn her follower’s comments?

Yikes!
What do you think "we should be criticizing bad behavior regardless of ideology" means?

The problem with "measuring the degree of hypocrisy and doucheyness" is that your bias will impact how you measure it. You will perceive the other side's "degree of hypocrisy and doucheyness" to be worse and measure it accordingly.
Indeed that is a concern. So we should never assign value or judgement or compare behavior because.........both sides do it?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:44 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:20 am
What do you think "we should be criticizing bad behavior regardless of ideology" means?

The problem with "measuring the degree of hypocrisy and doucheyness" is that your bias will impact how you measure it. You will perceive the other side's "degree of hypocrisy and doucheyness" to be worse and measure it accordingly.
Indeed that is a concern. So we should never assign value or judgement or compare behavior because.........both sides do it?
We can assign value or judgment but we should avoid defending or rationalizing what one side did because we believe what the other side did was worse or that they did it first or some other childish bullshit. We also should remember that the value we assign is subjective and that other, opposing opinions can be valid and should be respected.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:09 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:44 pm

We can assign value or judgment but we should avoid defending or rationalizing what one side did because we believe what the other side did was worse or that they did it first or some other childish bullshit. We also should remember that the value we assign is subjective and that other, opposing opinions can be valid and should be respected.
Wow. Agree!

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Bernie selling out (shocker). It was never $1400 on top of the $600 that went it out, the narrative was very specific in $2k going out after the vote. Poor people and working class folks gonna be pissed.

DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

SDHornet wrote:Bernie selling out (shocker). It was never $1400 on top of the $600 that went it out, the narrative was very specific in $2k going out after the vote. Poor people and working class folks gonna be pissed.

Add that to his comments that limiting those stimulus checks to the ACTUAL poor (what the GOP proposal does by lowering the income cap) is a bad thing and a lot of the Bernie shine has dulled away the last few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:35 am And so it begins.
-2017: Trump issues EO, lib state AGs judge shop to get a donk appointed fed judge to issue a nationwide injunction as the case winds it way through Appeals Courts.
2021- Now we have the exact opposite.
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-ne ... ion-freeze
Judge extends restraining order against Biden's deportation freeze
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1dxrAn
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Last week:
Psaki:
“The president, let me be crystal clear, wants schools to open, he wants them to stay open and he wants to do that safely and he wants health and medical experts to be the guides for how we should do exactly that,”
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky:
“There is increasing data to suggest that schools can safely reopen. Safe reopening does not suggest that teachers need to be vaccinated in order to reopen safely.”
Psaki the next day: Walensky was speaking in her “personal capacity” and said the White House was waiting for final guidance from the CDC.
https://nypost.com/2021/02/04/biden-not ... -from-cdc/
Translation: We're going to let the medical experts be the guides. When the medical experts say open up, well, never mind the medical experts.. :suspicious:

Dec (and right up to 1/20):
Biden vows to reopen most schools after 1st 100 days on job
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-he ... a611b26616

This week: Apparently 50% of schools open 1 day a week in 1st 100 days = most schools open in 1st 100 days.. :suspicious: :dunce: :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am Last week:
Psaki:
“The president, let me be crystal clear, wants schools to open, he wants them to stay open and he wants to do that safely and he wants health and medical experts to be the guides for how we should do exactly that,”
“There is increasing data to suggest that schools can safely reopen. Safe reopening does not suggest that teachers need to be vaccinated in order to reopen safely.”
Psaki the next day: Walensky was speaking in her “personal capacity” and said the White House was waiting for final guidance from the CDC.
Translation: We're going to let the medical experts be the guides. When the medical experts say open up, well, never mind the medical experts.. :suspicious:

This week: Apparently 50% of schools open 1 day a week in 1st 100 days = most schools open in 1st 100 days.. :suspicious: :dunce: :lol:
Does it upset you the Democrats are acting like Republicans and using science when it fits their agenda? This isn't a new thing, both sides have been doing it for a long time.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:16 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:57 am Last week:
Psaki:

Does it upset you the Democrats are acting like Republicans and using science when it fits their agenda? This isn't a new thing, both sides have been doing it for a long time.
There you go again with you’re whataboutism..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Re: The Official

Post by BDKJMU »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 pm
SDHornet wrote:Bernie selling out (shocker). It was never $1400 on top of the $600 that went it out, the narrative was very specific in $2k going out after the vote. Poor people and working class folks gonna be pissed.

Add that to his comments that limiting those stimulus checks to the ACTUAL poor (what the GOP proposal does by lowering the income cap) is a bad thing and a lot of the Bernie shine has dulled away the last few weeks.

Bernieworld seethes over Tanden as OMB nominee
To former Sanders staffers and allies, Tanden is one of the Democratic elites who helped sink his 2016 campaign behind the scenes.
https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/ ... ssion=true

Bernie just bending over and taking it up the arse for the democrat party again and again, and again, and doing the same to his supporters..Feel the Bern! :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:35 pm
DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 pm Add that to his comments that limiting those stimulus checks to the ACTUAL poor (what the GOP proposal does by lowering the income cap) is a bad thing and a lot of the Bernie shine has dulled away the last few weeks.

To former Sanders staffers and allies, Tanden is one of the Democratic elites who helped sink his 2016 campaign behind the scenes.

Bernie just bending over and taking it up the arse for the democrat party again and again, and again, and doing the same to his supporters..Feel the Bern! :lol:
Bernie is getting mad that all the other primary candidates that cucked for Biden* are getting their payouts via cabinet positions, and all he got was another lake house. Whomp whomp.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Didn't Biden* say this type of behavior would be grounds for immediate termination?
AWhite House official tried to quash a story about his relationship with a reporter by issuing threats and using derogatory language to another reporter pursuing it, according to two sources familiar with the incident. In a sympathetic profile Monday, People revealed that White House Deputy Press Secretary TJ Ducklo is dating Axios political reporter Alexi McCammond, who covered the Joe Biden campaign. But behind the scenes, Ducklo had previously lashed out at Politico reporter Tara Palmeri, who was reporting the story, exhibiting behavior that led to tense meetings between the Washington news outlet’s editors and senior White House officials.

After Vanity Fair published this account, the White House announced that Ducklo would be suspended for one week.

The confrontation began on Inauguration Day, January 20, after Palmeri, a coauthor of Politico’s Playbook, contacted McCammond for comment while one of her male colleagues left a message for Ducklo, according to the sources. Ducklo subsequently called a Playbook editor to object to the story, but was told to call the Playbook reporters with his concerns. But instead of calling the male reporter who initially contacted him, Ducklo tried to intimidate Palmeri by phone in an effort to kill the story. “I will destroy you,” Ducklo told her, according to the sources, adding that he would ruin her reputation if she published it.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/02 ... lationship
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:24 am

Bernie is getting mad that all the other primary candidates that cucked for Biden* are getting their payouts via cabinet positions, and all he got was another lake house. Whomp whomp.
Well he did some cool meme's made out of his inauguration picture. :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Bernie....oy vey. He shouldn't be given a hall pass.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 pm Add that to his comments that limiting those stimulus checks to the ACTUAL poor (what the GOP proposal does by lowering the income cap) is a bad thing and a lot of the Bernie shine has dulled away the last few weeks.

I'd be worried that the Bernie bros would rally but then again...vegans don't really have the energy for it.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:01 am
houndawg wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:31 am

That their problem. I could drive roundtrip to either Memphis or Nashville in the time it takes to drive to Chicago.
Let's deflect ...
  • Avoiding the statement about Illinois's gross mismanagement by Donks.
  • Not answering the question - what's your property worth? Can't really say if <$2,300 is a low tax rate or not until we know that.
And if Lil Egypt seceded from Illinois and joined Kentucky the average IQs in both states would rise. :kisswink:
:rofl:

You'd think a guy from Iowa would be a better loser after a lifetime of practice. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:58 pm

Bernie....oy vey. He shouldn't be given a hall pass.
For not being more outwardly opposed to Tanden?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:50 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:01 am
Let's deflect ...
  • Avoiding the statement about Illinois's gross mismanagement by Donks.
  • Not answering the question - what's your property worth? Can't really say if <$2,300 is a low tax rate or not until we know that.
And if Lil Egypt seceded from Illinois and joined Kentucky the average IQs in both states would rise. :kisswink:

You'd think a guy from Iowa would be a better loser after a lifetime of practice. :coffee:
Still avoiding and deflecting ... What's your property worth?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

So much for Biden's statement of zero tolerance. Only woke when it concerns others. At this pace, Biden's lies have far outpaced Trump. Biden's lies are so numerous that the Washington Post gave up trying to keep track of them. :ohno:

Ducklo, the tough guy piece of shit, is dating a Politico reporter and was called out on it by another reporter. He got super nasty with the reporter by threatening to ruin her and even making derogatory comments on her sex life.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/12/jen-psaki ... uspension/
“I am not joking when I say this, if you are ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect … talk down to someone, I promise you I will fire you on the spot,” he said at the time. “On the spot. No ifs, ands or buts. Everybody is entitled to be treated with decency and dignity. That’s been missing in a big way the last four years.”

Ducklo was suspended without pay for a week over his tirade to Palmeri, to whom he’s also apologized. When he returns, he will no longer be assigned to work with Politico reporters.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:55 pm So much for Biden's statement of zero tolerance. Only woke when it concerns others. At this pace, Biden's lies have far outpaced Trump. Biden's lies are so numerous that the Washington Post gave up trying to keep track of them. :ohno:

Ducklo, the tough guy piece of shit, is dating a Politico reporter and was called out on it by another reporter. He got super nasty with the reporter by threatening to ruin her and even making derogatory comments on her sex life.

“I am not joking when I say this, if you are ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect … talk down to someone, I promise you I will fire you on the spot,” he said at the time. “On the spot. No ifs, ands or buts. Everybody is entitled to be treated with decency and dignity. That’s been missing in a big way the last four years.”

Ducklo was suspended without pay for a week over his tirade to Palmeri, to whom he’s also apologized. When he returns, he will no longer be assigned to work with Politico reporters.
Way to to take the Duckhi road, Joe. :ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:51 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:55 pm So much for Biden's statement of zero tolerance. Only woke when it concerns others. At this pace, Biden's lies have far outpaced Trump. Biden's lies are so numerous that the Washington Post gave up trying to keep track of them. :ohno:

Way to to take the Duckhi road, Joe. :ohno:
Looks like Ducklo took the Duckhi road and just went ahead and resigned.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:03 pm

:? I'm OK with somebody else getting my check if they need it more than I do
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:11 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:50 am

Still avoiding and deflecting ... What's your property worth?
Its worth whatever somebody will pay for it. :coffee: