Trump Impeachment Part Duex

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Trump Impeachment Part Duex

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:17 pm Finally got a little time to review this. Gotta agree with everyone else who has been paying attention. It's over. Trump's going to gain more popularity already above his rock star status and Dems will continue to step on their own dicks.

When will the Left realize lifelong politicians are losers? It takes a total blowhard like Trump to come in, get shit done and then leave unscathed.

If I was the Left, I'd quit talking about Trump, because it simply affirms how they got their ass handed to them from a guy who pretty much went it solo.
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto: :+1:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:22 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:46 pm
Everytime someone utters the word "fight" they don't mean physical violence.
You don't know jack about testicular fortitude..
Every time someone utters the words “stand down and stand ready” when referring to a terrorism organization they don’t mean physical violence.
Of course not. But now it's good to know that BDK and the GOP either don't care or too fucking stupid to realize how a powerful person can inspire action - which is what this boils down to. His words and actions inspire people. Inspired them to act.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:59 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:17 pm Finally got a little time to review this. Gotta agree with everyone else who has been paying attention. It's over. Trump's going to gain more popularity already above his rock star status and Dems will continue to step on their own dicks.

When will the Left realize lifelong politicians are losers? It takes a total blowhard like Trump to come in, get shit done and then leave unscathed.

If I was the Left, I'd quit talking about Trump, because it simply affirms how they got their ass handed to them from a guy who pretty much went it solo.

Ad hominems are all you have? You have 4D TDS. :lol:

More seriously though. What isn't true about my statement in regards to Trump making the entrenched DC establishment look bad? The behavior was exposed almost on day one when Trump wanted to "close" the border and immediately got pushback that it couldn't be done.

Really? You're going to come right out and say you can't do your job? That went on for four years and is happening right now with this laughable show impeachment or whatever it should be called.

Trump's going to come out of this with higher ratings and unscathed because DC is full of idiots.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:00 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:59 am

More seriously though. What isn't true about my statement in regards to Trump making the entrenched DC establishment look bad? The behavior was exposed almost on day one when Trump wanted to "close" the border and immediately got pushback that it couldn't be done.

Really? You're going to come right out and say you can't do your job? That went on for four years and is happening right now with this laughable show impeachment or whatever it should be called.

Trump's going to come out of this with higher ratings and unscathed because DC is full of idiots.
Dude - I was agreeing with you, to a point, hence my " I'm with stupid" emoji. :lol:

I agreed back in 2016 that a shock to the system would be a good thing. I just didn't expect supporters of any political party to be so rabid that they would actually attack the seat of government. I didn't anticipate the agent of that shock to spend months saying if he lost, it's because the it was rigged and then tell a paramilitary group to Stand By and Stand Ready.

The thing that I don't get is how anyone can honestly believe that a President's words have zero power. We lock up cult leaders who inspire, encourage, their followers to commit crimes. Charles Manson didn't kill anyone - but he was responsible for encouraging his followers that did. (I know it's not a 1:1 but it's a point - we are responsible for our words and actions). I can't believe we have to explain this to adults.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:11 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:00 am

Dude - I was agreeing with you, to a point, hence my " I'm with stupid" emoji. :lol:

I agreed back in 2016 that a shock to the system would be a good thing. I just didn't expect supporters of any political party to be so rabid that they would actually attack the seat of government. I didn't anticipate the agent of that shock to spend months saying if he lost, it's because the it was rigged and then tell a paramilitary group to Stand By and Stand Ready.

The thing that I don't get is how anyone can honestly believe that a President's words have zero power. We lock up cult leaders who inspire, encourage, their followers to commit crimes. Charles Manson didn't kill anyone - but he was responsible for encouraging his followers that did. (I know it's not a 1:1 but it's a point - we are responsible for our words and actions). I can't believe we have to explain this to adults.
:thumb: Only saw the first row! :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

If Trump's a rock star what rock star is he most similar too?

He received -50% of the vote. Probably 50% of that 50% (25% of the total for those of you keeping score) are true supporters. The other 50% held their nose to vote for him because they felt he was better than the alternative. I would guess that the majority of the +50% of the voters who didn't vote for him can't stand him. Is there or has there been a rock star that generates that kind of fanaticism and hate?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:27 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:11 am

:thumb: Only saw the first row! :lol:
:thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:28 am

He received -50% of the vote. Probably 50% of that 50% (25% of the total for those of you keeping score) are true supporters. The other 50% held their nose to vote for him because they felt he was better than the alternative. I would guess that the majority of the +50% of the voters who didn't vote for him can't stand him. Is there or has there been a rock star that generates that kind of fanaticism and hate?
Trump is Nickleback - adored by those that love him....and hated by everyone else with taste and style. 8-)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:32 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:28 am

Trump is Nickleback - adored by those that love him....and hated by everyone else with taste and style. 8-)
You bite your damned tongue or it’ll be pistols at 20 paces, my friend! :tothehand: :tothehand:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:38 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:32 am
You bite your damned tongue or it’ll be pistols at 20 paces, my friend! :tothehand: :tothehand:
Choose your 2nd, my friend!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:42 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:38 am

I choose Winterborn. :coffee: :coffee:

You’re fucked, bro. :nod:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:43 am

Shit.

I choose AlphaGriz.

Weehawken...at Dawn.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

He could choose 89. 89's like Niedermeyer - a sneaky little shit - and he might kill and bury Winterborn by the stream in his backyard. Or Alphie, Alphie's Doc Holiday - unpredictable and he might beat Ibanez to the duel and take you out first, Johnny Ringo.
Last edited by UNI88 on Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:46 am

Shit.

I choose AlphaGriz.

Weehawken...at Dawn.
He’s not here. Not eligible, or I’d have chosen him. :tothehand:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:54 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:46 am
Shit.

I choose AlphaGriz.

Weehawken...at Dawn.
You backing out, broham?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:56 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:54 am

You backing out, broham?
Well if we’re going to pick imaginary people, I choose Chris Kyle. Either pick someone who posts, or I’m going to claim victory by default. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:58 am
You backing out, broham?
Well if we’re going to pick imaginary people, I choose Chris Kyle. Either pick someone who posts, or I’m going to claim victory by default. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
You don't get to claim victory by default. I believe you and Ibanez need to select a Third and that person would rule on whether Alphie could be a second.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:04 am

You don't get to claim victory by default. I believe you and Ibanez need to select a Third and that person would rule on whether Alphie could be a second.
Then I choose 88 as my third.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

You backing out, broham?
Alpha isn't imaginary and Chris Kyle is dead. If we're choosing dead snipers, then I choose Carlos Hathcock.

If it needs to be an active member of this board, then I choose BDK as my second and SD as my third.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:07 am

Alpha isn't imaginary and Chris Kyle is dead. If we're choosing dead snipers, then I choose Carlos Hathcock.

If it needs to be an active member of this board, then I choose BDK as my second and SD as my third.
Mmmm......good choices. :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious: I didn’t expect that out of you.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:05 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:04 am
Both parties have to agree to a single third if I understand duel protocol.

What about Jason Bourne as your 2nd?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Maybe we just go to thumb wars? Would be easier.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:22 am
kalm wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:12 am

Those clips are unbelievable. No rioter at least inside that building should see less than 20 and many should get life.

It’s sad that the seriousness of that day is being under-appreciated. :ohno:

(Sent from my moderate perch, high above the Palouse)
I think at best Trump has accomplice liability for the actions of Jan 6. His words and actions inspired and encouraged the riot. If you think otherwise, then I really don't know what to say. You're just ignoring the obvious and are being intellectually dishonest.
If true, why wasn't the NG called and who is responsible?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:20 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:05 am

Both parties have to agree to a single third if I understand duel protocol.

What about Jason Bourne as your 2nd?
I come from family that was a second for Aaron Burr. We are winners.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

They can't because there was never a plan to govern. It's all been "Orange Man Bad" since Nov 2016 with zero plans for action. If they Left really cared and walked the talk, we'd all have our $2k already.