Wheres the Republican alternative to ACA?

Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Wheres the Republican alternative to ACA?

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
It has nothing to do with spine, it has everything to do with not having a vision. We'll get the single payer healthcare system (with the attached private system that people with means will access because the single payer system will be a gradually diminishing entity in terms of quality) because the GOP doesn't have another vision. All of these failed attempts to roll back Obamacare prove that - they have nothing in mind to replace it with.
But what about the free market? And portability? And tort reform?
That will be the conk rallying cry when single payer is enacted. :roll: :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
It has nothing to do with spine, it has everything to do with not having a vision. We'll get the single payer healthcare system (with the attached private system that people with means will access because the single payer system will be a gradually diminishing entity in terms of quality) because the GOP doesn't have another vision. All of these failed attempts to roll back Obamacare prove that - they have nothing in mind to replace it with.
Agree with them having no vision...but if they had a spine they could have repealed then replaced...like they claimed they would. Hence no spine. :coffee:
The few moderate republicans that are left know that they can't repeal and then replace. The far right just wants to repeal and once it's repealed they'll block any substantive replacement. The only chance to replace it is to do it at the same time as the repeal. The party would have been better off just leaving it be without making a big deal about it and then stepping in to fix what was left when it imploded. Their replacement proposals wouldn't look as draconian compared to a failed health care system.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
But what about the free market? And portability? And tort reform?
I'm not sure the current crop of GOP in Washington even know what those things are. You don't get a real sense out of these folks that they have any ideas on how to govern other than winning the next election. Both parties are devoid of thought at this point in time and just concerned about getting and holding onto power. It's in this vacuum of political thought that you can see someone like a Trump ride in on the wave of electoral discontent.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

I was about to say - There is no alternative. Trump kept saying it'll be unveiled in weeks or it'll be part of the campaign but there's nothing. That mega book handed to Leslie Stahl wasn't legislative or a plan. It was EOs.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Maybe we could just leave health care between me and the medical community without the "help" of the government.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:22 am Maybe we could just leave health care between me and the medical community without the "help" of the government.
And if there's an answer as to how give medical access to everyone who either is unemployed or can't afford access to health care either due to basic cost or due to pre-existing conditions that doesn't involve the government then you have a winner. People need affordable access to health care that isn't interrupted by a job loss. How we as a nation do that is what's up for debate.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:22 am Maybe we could just leave health care between me and the medical community without the "help" of the government.
The problem is that the medical community is screwing you with your pants on and you are too impotent to fight back.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter

Ibanez wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:03 pm
The problem is that the medical community is screwing you with your pants on and you are too impotent to fight back.
Even if that were true it would be better than being screwed by an entity with the force of law behind it, like our benevolent government.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

TheDancinMonarch wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:03 pm The problem is that the medical community is screwing you with your pants on and you are too impotent to fight back.
Even if that were true it would be better than being screwed by an entity with the force of law behind it, like our benevolent government.
But it is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter

Ibanez wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:35 pm
TheDancinMonarch wrote:
But it is true.

Well we are all entitled to our opinion. But I would rather be cured by someone ripping me off than be shuffled around the medical bureaucracy by someone recently transferred in from the DMV.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

starting to think Trump isn't going to reveal his much touted health care plan before he leaves office :(
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:54 pm starting to think Trump isn't going to reveal his much touted health care plan before he leaves office :(
You may be right. Can’t wait to see Biden’s solution to COVID that he’s kept bottled up all these months. I expect it to disappear within about 30 days.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:05 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:54 pm starting to think Trump isn't going to reveal his much touted health care plan before he leaves office :(
You may be right. Can’t wait to see Biden’s solution to COVID that he’s kept bottled up all these months. I expect it to disappear within about 30 days.
I'll take the under.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

We won't hear about covid after 4 NOV. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Yes, Sniffin’ Joe promised to have it all taken care of by now. WTF?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

27 hours left for Trump and the Republicans to deliver this big, beautiful health care package they've been promising for 4 years.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I held my nose and voted for Biden. After 4 years of the drunk uncle, I'm ready for a sleepy grandpa at the wheel. Just like with Trump, I'll give Biden the chance to surprise me. He gets 100 days.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:59 am I'll give Biden the chance to surprise me.
Watch your back.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:29 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:59 am I'll give Biden the chance to surprise me.
Watch your back.
I won't wash my hair for a few days...that ought to keep him at bay. :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Put down your phone.

Get off the couch.

Go outside and walk/run around.

Take my advice and I’ve reduced healthcare costs in America to the tune of several billion

Didn’t even take an act of Congress.. imagine that

You’re welcome

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:44 pm Put down your phone.

Get off the couch.

Take my advice and I’ve reduced healthcare costs in America to the tune of several billion

You’re welcome

CID 2024 - Make America Fit Again!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Suddenly the blue states are sounding a shitload like the red states circa July of 2020. Must open up. Must get businesses open. Must end lockdowns. Must get kids back in schools. It’s magically gone on juuuuuust long enough for all those things to go away right after Biden takes over.

Whodathunkit?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Get off the couch.

You’re welcome

Welcome back, CID! Hope all is well.

Great advice. I’ve yoga’d, learned a little guitar, tied flies, fished, started reading books again, and golfed my way through the last year.

It’s a tough job, this whole healthy living thing.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:35 am

Get off the couch.

You’re welcome

Welcome back, CID! Hope all is well.

Great advice. I’ve yoga’d, learned a little guitar, tied flies, fished, started reading books again, and golfed my way through the last year.

It’s a tough job, this whole healthy living thing.
Making music without friends is probably the biggest "hardship" I've had to deal with. Bluegrass around a fire is our crowd's main form of socializing. Whats your axe?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky