Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:14 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:01 pm

Conspiracy theories = well known facts about the limitations of PCR testing.

How many times can you go to that well before it runs dry. :D
Why go elsewhere when that well is full of opinions, loose facts, and non-science? :kisswink:
:lol: Nice try. I will admit there are plenty of opinions, as there should be. Very few lock solid answers in the biological sciences.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Just a reminder of what a dope we had a President during the past four years:

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Trumps gone, don't need reminders on a covid thread.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Minnesota has it's lowest number of active cases since the surge in November. Thanks Biden
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:06 pm Just a reminder of what a dope we had a President during the past four years:

I see your TDS is still going strong, even after he's gone from the White House.

You should really get that checked.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Hey SD, good to see Newsome says you can your house now.

California lifts virus stay-at-home orders, curfew statewide
https://news.yahoo.com/california-lift- ... 15443.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

If you were on this board claiming for the past 10 months that the politicians were only looking after our best interests and that shutting down and locking down were legit alternatives to "stopping the spread" (despite MOUNDS of evidence to the contrary), you should just go ahead and ban yourself.

It's now been made PAINFULLY obvious the shutdowns were ONLY a political tool to oust Trump from office (as anyone with a brainstem has said all along). The three biggest mouthpieces for locking down (Newsom, Cuomo and the Chicago Mayor) have ALL done complete 180's on lockdowns now that Trump has been defeated...but not before completely destroying their states' economies, and then awaiting the promised bailout from the Feds once Biden got elected.

If you weren't smart enough to see through that bullshit you should stay out of the deep end of these conversations--forever.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:24 am Hey SD, good to see Newsome says you can your house now.

I think Newsom is sweating his recall efforts.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:28 pm If you were on this board claiming for the past 10 months that the politicians were only looking after our best interests and that shutting down and locking down were legit alternatives to "stopping the spread" (despite MOUNDS of evidence to the contrary), you should just go ahead and ban yourself.

It's now been made PAINFULLY obvious the shutdowns were ONLY a political tool to oust Trump from office (as anyone with a brainstem has said all along). The three biggest mouthpieces for locking down (Newsom, Cuomo and the Chicago Mayor) have ALL done complete 180's on lockdowns now that Trump has been defeated...but not before completely destroying their states' economies, and then awaiting the promised bailout from the Feds once Biden got elected.

If you weren't smart enough to see through that bullshit you should stay out of the deep end of these conversations--forever.
Politics played a roll, mistakes were made (true), and most political leaders in the world from Sweden to China to Israel were all in on this grand conspiracy to get Biden elected. :rofl:

And everything is now opened back up, right? It will be April in Paris by April! :clap:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:13 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:28 pm If you were on this board claiming for the past 10 months that the politicians were only looking after our best interests and that shutting down and locking down were legit alternatives to "stopping the spread" (despite MOUNDS of evidence to the contrary), you should just go ahead and ban yourself.

Politics played a roll, mistakes were made (true), and most political leaders in the world from Sweden to China to Israel were all in on this grand conspiracy to get Biden elected. :rofl:

And everything is now opened back up, right? It will be April in Paris by April! :clap:
I'd love to see some stats and an apples-to-apples comparison on infections, hospitalizations and deaths by state over the last 3-6 months to see if things are really that much better to justify the sudden change in reducing restrictions in Donk runs states.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Apparently 1 mask is no longer good enough. Now you have ass clowns saying people (the gen public) should be wearing 2 masks.. :suspicious:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

*role

Like it or not, other countries take their cue from America.

And I never said everything (yet) was opened back up. But when the biggest opponents of opening things up all (within days of each other) do 180's, that doesn't peak your interest? Or make you look askance at the whole process?
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Take it FWIW, but this is an interesting piece...

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:24 am Hey SD, good to see Newsome says you can your house now.

At this point, only dumbasses listen to him. Aside from athletic and entertainment events, the SD household have been back in the norm for a long time. Seeing friends, family, etc. We've been cautions but still get out. Biggest impact to us was having the kid's activities shut down, but that opened back up a few months ago and have stayed open.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:59 pm

Lance sounds like a fucking genius. :nod: :nod: :nod: :mrgreen:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

:rofl:

Can't make this up.

Pasco, WA teachers union president calls reopening schools tantamount to white supremacy.

Really? Seems the groups suffering the most are minorities. If it were really racist, you'd keep them closed forever.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Per woldometer, CA cases have been magically dropping like a rock since Jan 14. Deaths are still steady. Both are at all-time highs since this all started, yet for some reason now CA lockdowns are lifted. :dunce:

New cases 7 day average: 26,020. Was at 44,087 on Jan 14.

Deaths 7 day average: 504. Peaked at 536 on Jan 14

Yeah, not political at all. :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:00 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:59 pm

Now we get to laugh at the people thinking that this was all driven by "SCIENCE". :rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:04 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Now we get to laugh at the people thinking that this was all driven by "SCIENCE". :rofl:
Not so fast my friend, we have the next purge coming in the form of a vaccine.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:56 pm Take it FWIW, but this is an interesting piece...

Very disturbing if true. Not surprising liar liar pants on fire Fauci is involved..

BTW, this didn't age well. from a yr + 4 days ago:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:07 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:56 pm Take it FWIW, but this is an interesting piece...

Very disturbing if true. Not surprising liar liar pants on fire Fauci is involved..

It's ironic & entertaining when you criticize public figures for lying.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:07 pm

This is why I was saying Dr Atlas was a better spokesman than Fauci. Fauci is no idiot, but he just seems to stick his foot in his mouth far too often.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:23 pm

I'd love to see some stats and an apples-to-apples comparison on infections, hospitalizations and deaths by state over the last 3-6 months to see if things are really that much better to justify the sudden change in reducing restrictions in Donk runs states.
The postmortems and specific time frame studies will be fascinating and challenging considering all of the variables.

Date of first infection. A “last three months” comparison between locations has to take into account disease timeline, baseline numbers, initial mitigating restrictions. For example, one state’s surge was just starting prior to enhanced mandates and voluntary social distancing while another is half way through the surge. Also, the later the outbreak the more likely prevention and treatments were improved and implemented reducing hospitalizations and deaths.

Population density. Still seems to play a big roll in total cases.

Location. Proximity and travel between states with different restrictions/level of compliance, level of enforcement. EG Spokane County has tougher restrictions while neighboring N. Idaho has virtually none with a ton of commerce and travel between the two.

Demographics. Extended family driven cultures. Greater respect for the elderly (CID mentioned this regarding Asia), at risk elderly populations that voluntarily isolate regardless of state imposed restrictions.

If you look at the CDC tracker going back to last January, no state escapes it. Assuming blue states have stronger restrictions, Illinois and R.I. are the only solidly blue states in the top two groups of highest infection rates. CA, TX, and FL are all in the same range.

The economic outcome studies tied to lockdowns and cases (long term effects and costs will obviously take awhile to unravel and become clear as will the health effects caused by lockdowns).

At this point, no one has avoided the crisis and there’s no decisive evidence that the lockdown cure is worse than the affliction.

Bad leadership from both sides continues to haunt us. Hypocrisy and inconsistency of mandates. Lockdowns without consistent relief stimulus for effected business owners, landlords, and workers.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracke ... sesper100k