Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by Col Hogan »

Portland is now entering third and fourth order impacts from their “Summer of Love”...

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Col Hogan wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:26 pm Portland is now entering third and fourth order impacts from their “Summer of Love”...

Meh, the more entertaining PNW news is a new CHAZ-like area (red house something) being started up around someone being evicted because they didn't pay rent.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

Seattle could become a petty criminals paradise under a law slipped into the budget Bill with no public hearings.
"This would absolutely open the floodgates for crime in Seattle, even worse than what we often currently struggle with," Lindsay said. "It's basically a blank check for anybody committing theft, assault, harassment (and) trespass to continue without disruption from our criminal justice system."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/se ... OOtW1D7KQU

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Col Hogan wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:03 am Seattle could become a petty criminals paradise under a law slipped into the budget Bill with no public hearings.
"This would absolutely open the floodgates for crime in Seattle, even worse than what we often currently struggle with," Lindsay said. "It's basically a blank check for anybody committing theft, assault, harassment (and) trespass to continue without disruption from our criminal justice system."
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/se ... OOtW1D7KQU
God, i hope this law passed. Please, if there is a God up there, Seattle will be an absolute Utopia.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Downtown Portland businesses invest in private security to combat crime

City officials have handcuffed the police so now business owners are paying security to protect their businesses.

Defund the police and the wealthy will pay for their own security and the less fortunate will be easier for criminals to prey upon.
"Financially, mathematically, it doesn’t even make sense for any of us to be open. We probably all should have abandoned our businesses. I’m from this area, I don’t want to do that," he said.

The owners said they're not feeling support from city leaders.

KATU reached out to Portland police and the mayor's office for a response on this. We're still waiting to hear back at this time.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:50 pm Downtown Portland businesses invest in private security to combat crime

City officials have handcuffed the police so now business owners are paying security to protect their businesses.

Defund the police and the wealthy will pay for their own security and the less fortunate will be easier for criminals to prey upon.
"Financially, mathematically, it doesn’t even make sense for any of us to be open. We probably all should have abandoned our businesses. I’m from this area, I don’t want to do that," he said.

The owners said they're not feeling support from city leaders.

KATU reached out to Portland police and the mayor's office for a response on this. We're still waiting to hear back at this time.
Is the private security allowed to use force? Not seeing how this stops a whole lot if they can't offer a little "stick work" to those breaking and stealing shit.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Wait, I thought the reason for the attacks on the Fed Courthouse in Portland was because of the extra feds sent there. :? , as some on here claimed. The feds long ago left, but the attacks continue.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:20 pm Wait, I thought the reason for the attacks on the Fed Courthouse in Portland was because of the extra feds sent there. :? , as some on here claimed. The feds long ago left, but the attacks continue.
Are you talking about me? First, I don't think I ever said that the attacks occurred because the extra feds were sent here. I said that the presence of the feds aggravated the situation. Second, the feds are still here.

Molotov Cocktails and Other Objects Thrown during Riot in Downtown Portland (Photo)
Law Enforcement officers from the Federal Protective Services and the Multnomah County Sheriff's office also engaged the crowd and were targeted with dangerous projectiles.
Fail.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:24 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:20 pm Wait, I thought the reason for the attacks on the Fed Courthouse in Portland was because of the extra feds sent there. :? , as some on here claimed. The feds long ago left, but the attacks continue.
Are you talking about me? First, I don't think I ever said that the attacks occurred because the extra feds were sent here. I said that the presence of the feds aggravated the situation. Second, the feds are still here.

Molotov Cocktails and Other Objects Thrown during Riot in Downtown Portland (Photo)
Law Enforcement officers from the Federal Protective Services and the Multnomah County Sheriff's office also engaged the crowd and were targeted with dangerous projectiles.
Fail.
Of course some feds are still there. :roll: The feds maintain security (FPS) at every federal courthouse in the country. Did you think they were going to go to zero courthouse security?

From 7/30:
"The local Oregon officers of the Oregon State Police will provide protection for free speech and the security of the exterior of the courthouse with the Federal Protective Service," Brown said. "A limited contingent of federal officials, who act as building security year-round, will remain and will stay focused on the interior of the U.S. Courthouse."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/federal-ag ... l-leaving/

No where does the article you linked say anything about extra fed presence beyond the regular FPS, like there was this past summer.

Fail.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:45 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Fail.
Of course some feds are still there. :roll: The feds maintain security (FPS) at every federal courthouse in the country. Did you think they were going to go to zero courthouse security?

From 7/30:
"The local Oregon officers of the Oregon State Police will provide protection for free speech and the security of the exterior of the courthouse with the Federal Protective Service," Brown said. "A limited contingent of federal officials, who act as building security year-round, will remain and will stay focused on the interior of the U.S. Courthouse."
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/federal-ag ... l-leaving/

No where does the article you linked say anything about extra fed presence beyond the regular FPS, like there was this past summer.

Fail.
Nice work crayon eater. Now did I ever say that the attacks occurred specifically because the extra feds were sent here?
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

D’uh....

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Col Hogan wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:10 pm

D’uh....
He apparently is just now figuring out that “idea” has been burning his city to the ground for 8 solid months.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

It's not just conservatives giving the shaft to the poor and less fortunate ...

Opinion: East Portland’s forgotten residents deserve vaccine priority
There is no justifiable reason the community health nurses who run our busy testing sites have not yet been vaccinated, while healthy, specialty doctors unlikely to see many COVID patients have been.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:20 pm It's not just conservatives giving the shaft to the poor and less fortunate ...

Opinion: East Portland’s forgotten residents deserve vaccine priority
There is no justifiable reason the community health nurses who run our busy testing sites have not yet been vaccinated, while healthy, specialty doctors unlikely to see many COVID patients have been.
Are the nurses white? If so they'll have to wait at the back of the line.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

D’uh....
It's going to be fun watching the donks trying to put the antifa violence they enabled back in the lamp. :lol: :popcorn:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:23 pm

D’uh....
It's going to be fun watching the donks trying to put the antifa violence they enabled back in the lamp. :lol: :popcorn:
Pelosi should be able to help now that she is Speaker of the House again.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Powell’s closes early again amid Andy Ngo book protest
“We carry a lot of books we find abhorrent, as well as those that we treasure,” read a tweet from Powell’s Books. “We believe it is the work of bookselling to do so.” Powell’s posted a longer statement on its website, defending the company’s commitment to free speech.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BuT tHe RiOtS wIlL sToP wHeN tRuMp Is GoNe

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

I'm sure, outside of the destruction and looting, that it was mostly peaceful. Stop being an inciter of hate.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

:popcorn:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:14 pm BuT tHe RiOtS wIlL sToP wHeN tRuMp Is GoNe

Meanwhile:
In Portland, Black Lives Matter-Antifa made good on their pre-announced “J20” (January 20) riot. Around 150 Antifa dressed in black shut down traffic as they marched unimpeded to the headquarters of the Democratic Party of Oregon. They held a large banner showing a Kalashnikov and the text, “WE DON’T WANT BIDEN — WE WANT REVENGE!”

They destroyed the offices by smashing its windows one by one using hammers and metal batons. They dragged dumpsters onto the street and started a fire. Their comrades shielded them from cameras with large black umbrellas.

When Portland police responded, they confiscated knives, batons, a crowbar, pepper spray and homemade firebombs from Antifa. However, most of them quickly dispersed into the neighborhood in small groups. Police only made eight arrests. Four of them had been arrested at Antifa riots in 2020.

Later that night, Antifa regrouped in southwest Portland, where they chanted, “F– Joe Biden” while marching to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility. Dressed in riot gear, they brandished shields, batons and rocks. Federal officers used flash bangs and tear gas to disperse the rioters. Portland police arrested seven, three of whom were also charged over riots last year.
https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/biden-and ... rned-down/
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:36 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:14 pm BuT tHe RiOtS wIlL sToP wHeN tRuMp Is GoNe

Meanwhile:
In Portland, Black Lives Matter-Antifa made good on their pre-announced “J20” (January 20) riot. Around 150 Antifa dressed in black shut down traffic as they marched unimpeded to the headquarters of the Democratic Party of Oregon. They held a large banner showing a Kalashnikov and the text, “WE DON’T WANT BIDEN — WE WANT REVENGE!”

They destroyed the offices by smashing its windows one by one using hammers and metal batons. They dragged dumpsters onto the street and started a fire. Their comrades shielded them from cameras with large black umbrellas.

When Portland police responded, they confiscated knives, batons, a crowbar, pepper spray and homemade firebombs from Antifa. However, most of them quickly dispersed into the neighborhood in small groups. Police only made eight arrests. Four of them had been arrested at Antifa riots in 2020.

Later that night, Antifa regrouped in southwest Portland, where they chanted, “F– Joe Biden” while marching to the Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility. Dressed in riot gear, they brandished shields, batons and rocks. Federal officers used flash bangs and tear gas to disperse the rioters. Portland police arrested seven, three of whom were also charged over riots last year.
Yeah...they’re not anarchists AT ALL! They’re clearly pro Biden.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:44 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:36 pm
Meanwhile:

They're representative of the ctrl-left and they're just as deserving of domestic terrorist treatment as the MAGAts who stormed the Capitol.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:13 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:44 pm

They're representative of the ctrl-left and they're just as deserving of domestic terrorist treatment as the MAGAts who stormed the Capitol.
They should be charged with insurrection, sedition, and treason..... by the Biden Administration. As well as the congress people who incited them!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:18 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:13 pm

They should be charged with insurrection, sedition, and treason..... by the Biden Administration. As well as the congress people who incited them!
Well, you know, we have these folks who post on message boards about zero tolerance for fascism in any and all forms, imagined or not, so you can hardly blame these Antifa anarchists for answering the call of these message board instigators. If only we knew who they were and where they posted from them we could deal with them. :mrgreen:

Going to get real crowded in these re-education camps pretty soon. Maybe the Chinese are almost done reprogramming the Uighurs and they can send us their modular camps?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation