Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:10 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:49 pm
There’s this

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/01/15/tex ... t-capitol/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bwhahahaha!

Umm...no, Karen you’re not. Normal people don’t believe Trump, hop on the private jet, and join a group of insurrectionists.

“I just want people to know I’m a normal person. That I listen to my president who told me to go to the Capitol. That I was displaying my patriotism while I was there and I was just protesting and I wasn’t trying to do anything violent and I didn’t realize there was actually violence,” Ryan said. “I’d just like to apologize for all of the families that are affected by any of the negative environment and I’d just like to say I really love people and I am not a villain that a lot of people would make me out to be, or people think I am, because I was a Trump supporter at the Capitol
Most people think they're normal. I'm sure those people in Portland who broke windows, tore down statues and/or pissed in bottles to throw at the police thought they were normal too.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:10 pm

Bwhahahaha!

Umm...no, Karen you’re not. Normal people don’t believe Trump, hop on the private jet, and join a group of insurrectionists.

“I just want people to know I’m a normal person. That I listen to my president who told me to go to the Capitol. That I was displaying my patriotism while I was there and I was just protesting and I wasn’t trying to do anything violent and I didn’t realize there was actually violence,” Ryan said. “I’d just like to apologize for all of the families that are affected by any of the negative environment and I’d just like to say I really love people and I am not a villain that a lot of people would make me out to be, or people think I am, because I was a Trump supporter at the Capitol
Most people think they're normal. I'm sure those people in Portland who broke windows, tore down statues and/or pissed in bottles to throw at the police thought they were normal too.
I would think they embrace different. It’s kind of a Portland thing. Regardless I doubt they pitched their real estate business while there and flew home on their plane.

Part of the schadenfreude for me. Entitled church going upstanding white members of society who can’t believe what’s happening to them or their country. That’s actually one of the drivers of this rebellion. :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:58 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:30 pm
I would think they embrace different. It’s kind of a Portland thing. Regardless I doubt they pitched their real estate business while there and flew home on their plane.

Part of the schadenfreude for me. Entitled church going upstanding white members of society who can’t believe what’s happening to them or their country. That’s actually one of the drivers of this rebellion. :nod:
Different? It's weird - Keep Portland Weird.

That doesn't change my point that most people think their behavior is normal (or acceptable) whether it is or not.

There is some schadenfreude and that's not a bad thing but there is also a vocal part of the left that doesn't want to just even the scales, they want to tilt them the other direction. The problem with that is that you are creating victims that will have legitimate grievances and expect their pound of flesh at some point in the future. Dismissing and ridiculing people on the right is not the path toward unity and inclusion. I thought progressives were all about inclusion.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:10 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:58 pm

That doesn't change my point that most people think their behavior is normal (or acceptable) whether it is or not.

There is some schadenfreude and that's not a bad thing but there is also a vocal part of the left that doesn't want to just even the scales, they want to tilt them the other direction. The problem with that is that you are creating victims that will have legitimate grievances and expect their pound of flesh at some point in the future. Dismissing and ridiculing people on the right is not the path toward unity and inclusion. I thought progressives were all about inclusion.
I thought Portlandia embraced not being normal? Kind of like Cyndi Lauper fans and the highly annoying politically centrists?

The left is bound to push for overreach. It’s almost inevitable under even normal circumstances. And it can come from both sides. But normal is gone forever. If I told you the country had swung wickedly to the left for a time would you want the dial to correct back to where the new center is or all the way back to the old center?

Part of sorting this all out is determining which Trump voters simply need gentle recommendations, better reading material, and a hug, and which need to be sent directly to the re-education camps.

Don’t worry...I’m placing you in the former...for now... :)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:03 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:10 pm

I thought Portlandia embraced not being normal? Kind of like Cyndi Lauper fans and the highly annoying politically centrists?

The left is bound to push for overreach. It’s almost inevitable under even normal circumstances. And it can come from both sides. But normal is gone forever. If I told you the country had swung wickedly to the left for a time would you want the dial to correct back to where the new center is or all the way back to the old center?

Part of sorting this all out is determining which Trump voters simply need gentle recommendations, better reading material, and a hug, and which need to be sent directly to the re-education camps.

Many in Portland embrace being weird, most of the others are just following along because that's what the cool kids are doing. In that respect, Portland is like most other places it's just that being different or weird is what's cool.

Stereotyping those on the right as fascists and deplorables is no better than stereotyping minorities as lazy criminals or believing that a woman's place is barefoot and pregnant at home.

I have no problem with marginalizing racists and fascists but not all conservatives are racists or fascists. And we need to treat marxists the same way we treat fascists.

The MAGAts and the pseudo-progressives both want what's best for the country and are arrogantly and self-righteously sure that they know what that is. My opinion is that what is best for the country is somewhere in between what each side wants. Equal rights and equal opportunities are good and just causes that we should be pursuing. Old school values of hard work and delayed gratification are also good things that we should encourage.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:56 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:03 am

Many in Portland embrace being weird, most of the others are just following along because that's what the cool kids are doing. In that respect, Portland is like most other places it's just that being different or weird is what's cool.

Stereotyping those on the right as fascists and deplorables is no better than stereotyping minorities as lazy criminals or believing that a woman's place is barefoot and pregnant at home.

I have no problem with marginalizing racists and fascists but not all conservatives are racists or fascists. And we need to treat marxists the same way we treat fascists.

The MAGAts and the pseudo-progressives both want what's best for the country and are arrogantly and self-righteously sure that they know what that is. My opinion is that what is best for the country is somewhere in between what each side wants. Equal rights and equal opportunities are good and just causes that we should be pursuing. Old school values of hard work and delayed gratification are also good things that we should encourage.
Agree with much of this.

Those last two lines sound like Teddy Roosevelt......the square deal guy. Which would be considered ctrl-left today. Kind of my hidden point.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This was drawn in response to Charlottesville...

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:05 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:56 am

Agree with much of this.

Those last two lines sound like Teddy Roosevelt......the square deal guy. Which would be considered ctrl-left today. Kind of my hidden point.
The last paragraph is how I feel. Am I part of the ctrl-left now? If yes, we've really moved the line to the right.

The ctrl-left thinks that hard work and delayed gratification are aspects of "whiteness". I thought whiteness was bad and I'm supposed to be ashamed of my "whiteness".
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:05 am

Agree with much of this.

The last paragraph is how I feel. Am I part of the ctrl-left now? If yes, we've really moved the line to the right.

The ctrl-left thinks that hard work and delayed gratification are aspects of "whiteness". I thought whiteness was bad and I'm supposed to be ashamed of my "whiteness".
Don't forget being on time as well!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

This begs the question - why is the military/national guard protecting the inauguration? Shouldn't the Democrats be using an army of social workers?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:05 pm

This begs the question - why is the military/national guard protecting the inauguration? Shouldn't the Democrats be using an army of social workers?
*warriors
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:39 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:05 pm

*warriors
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:45 am Image
:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »