Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Inauguration Day Armed Protest

Post by kalm »

I wonder if there will be any Camp Aushwitz shirts worn in DC?

This is a powerful fuck off to those making excuses and/or equivalencies.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1349 ... Kg4xXw94So
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:04 pm I wonder if there will be any Camp Aushwitz shirts worn in DC?

Remember that these cultists believe that high level Democratic Party politicians are literally murdering babies. Meanwhile, they idolize an ideology that literally murdered babies by the hundreds of thousands, like they were just spoiled meat.

I will fight this ideology forever. It deprived me of virtually all of my extended family. I will never allow this to happen here.
The Dem party politicians ARE literally murdering babies, but that's another discussion for another thread.

I'm not going to deny that there aren't a select few right wing cultists who may think that way. The VAST majority (likely > 99%) do not. And I find it interesting he feels the need to "fight this ideology (which he has assigned to the entire conservative movement)" by backing one that espouses burning books, banning speech, implementing reeducation camps, forced thought compliance, and establishment of a "Department of Truth", along with a few other juicy fascist tidbits. And they do these things openly, willingly, proudly, and a LOT more commonly than any right winger who may be out there who wants to kill babies (to use his phrase, which is horseshit). Where, exactly does he think these things lead? Because that's EXACTLY the way Nazi Germany started.... :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:04 pm I wonder if there will be any Camp Aushwitz shirts worn in DC?

Remember that these cultists believe that high level Democratic Party politicians are literally murdering babies. Meanwhile, they idolize an ideology that literally murdered babies by the hundreds of thousands, like they were just spoiled meat.

I will fight this ideology forever. It deprived me of virtually all of my extended family. I will never allow this to happen here.
The Dem party politicians ARE literally murdering babies, but that's another discussion for another thread.

I'm not going to deny that there aren't a select few right wing cultists who may think that way. The VAST majority (likely > 99%) do not. And I find it interesting he feels the need to "fight this ideology (which he has assigned to the entire conservative movement)" by backing one that espouses burning books, banning speech, implementing reeducation camps, forced thought compliance, and establishment of a "Department of Truth", along with a few other juicy fascist tidbits. And they do these things openly, willingly, proudly, and a LOT more commonly than any right winger who may be out there who wants to kill babies (to use his phrase, which is horseshit). Where, exactly does he think these things lead? Because that's EXACTLY the way Nazi Germany started.... :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
Am I allowed to agree with you on 99.99% of that post or have you solidified your wrongful assumption of me. Let me know, you've got my my number. :coffee: :kisswink:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

How do I know this post struck a nerve?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:43 pm

Am I allowed to agree with you on 99.99% of that post or have you solidified your wrongful assumption of me. Let me know, you've got my my number. :coffee: :kisswink:
I take anything over 60%. :thumb:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:46 pm

How do I know this post struck a nerve?
just fighting junk journalism with facts. ;) ;)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Col Hogan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:34 am
:? Says unavailable..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:49 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:43 pm

I take anything over 60%. :thumb:
:lol: You'd be surprised (apparently) to learn that even though I voted for Biden - that's pretty much where a lot of my support for him and the Democratic Party stops. LIke this latest BS of giving everyone $2k and the foreign aid. What bullshit.

Actually both Parties. They're all full of shit.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 pm
Why shut them down? They're a gold mine of information for the FBI :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:59 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 pm
Why shut them down? They're a gold mine of information for the FBI :coffee:
I agree.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

First let me say that when I said a picture of John Sullivan at the Capitol assault wasn't John Sullivan, I was wrong. As far as I can tell I saw a picture of another Black guy dressed similarly on TV.

Having said that, over the past few days I saw Facebook posts from people saying that a Black Lives Matter guy (Sullivan) that led the January 6 assault on the Capitol had been arrested. It's apparently viewed as confirmation of the bogus idea that leftists are responsible.

No. There is no indication that John Sullivan, incited or led the attack. There are all kinds of reasons for dismissing that idea that a leftist is responsible for what happened but the two most important points are that 1) Sullivan recorded his activity on video and when you watch the video it is obvious that he was just following along and 2) left wing protestors said in November that they had concerns about him including concerns about him having connections to the far right.

You can find a link to the full video in the article at https://theintercept.com/.../capitol-ri ... llivan.../. You have have an account to sign in on Youtube to view it but you only have to watch the first few minutes to see that he was not leading or instigating what happened. The video starts with him well away from where the action was under some kind of scaffolding. There are just a few people around him. He's not in a crowd. Then he or someone else says "they're going in" and he starts walking towards where the crowd is forcing its way into the capital. He has to walk a pretty good distance to get there. The idea that anything he did led to what happened is ridiculous.

On him being in Black Lives Matter or ANTIFA, the article at https://www.upworthy.com/john-sullivan- ... ot-not-blm contains this language:

"The problem is, Sullivan was kicked out of BLM protest movements in multiple cities months ago.
In a long Twitter thread, a group called Rebellion Baby detailed the various protest groups around the country that had cut ties with Sullivan, characterizing him as a possible 'agent provocateur' or 'infiltrator; with ties to the right-wing. (Note that the date of this thread is November of 2020, and that the thread was put out as a warning to Seattle protest groups to keep him away.)

John has been kicked from the #SaltLakeCity and #Portland protest scenes due to alarming behaviors including grifting/profiteering, self-promotion/clout chasing, sabotage of community actions, threats of violence, and — maybe most disturbingly — ties to the far-right,"'

There is a link in the language allowing you to view the thread, that was posted in November so you know it's not just the left trying to cover now, showing that the idea that this guy being considered a member of that movement is questionable.

No. If you think that John Sullivan being arrested shows that leftists did some kind of false flag operation to storm the Capitol, you're completely wrong. It doesn't.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Lol
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:03 pmLol
If that's for my post on John Sullivan, look at the video. The idea that the guy "caused" what happened is ridiculous.

Also, it is clear from pre existing information that he was NOT accepted by the "leftist" protest movements.

The idea that what happened on January 6 happened because leftists infiltrated the innocent, peaceful Trump supporters is absurd. That's not what happened. Trump supporters did that. They talked about doing it beforehand. It was all over social media. Then they did it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:57 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:03 pmLol
If that's for my post on John Sullivan, look at the video. The idea that the guy "caused" what happened is ridiculous.

Also, it is clear from pre existing information that he was NOT accepted by the "leftist" protest movements.
I don’t give two shits. “Caused”. “Not caused”. ‘Went along’....whatever. If he went in, I hope he’s prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, just like the rest.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

PHOENIX (AP) — An Arizona man who participated in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns said he regrets storming the building, apologized for causing fear in others and expressed disappointment with former President Donald Trump.

In a statement released late Monday through his attorney, defendant Jacob Chansley said he has re-evaluated his life since being jailed for over a month on charges stemming from the Jan. 6 riot and realizes he shouldn’t have entered the Capitol building. Chansley, who previously said Trump inspired him to be in Washington that day, said Trump “let a lot of peaceful people down.”

Chansley said he’s coming to terms with events leading to the riot and asked people to “be patient with me and other peaceful people who, like me, are having a very difficult time piecing together all that happened to us, around us, and by us. We are good people who care deeply about our country.”
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:20 am PHOENIX (AP) — An Arizona man who participated in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns said he regrets storming the building, apologized for causing fear in others and expressed disappointment with former President Donald Trump.

In a statement released late Monday through his attorney, defendant Jacob Chansley said he has re-evaluated his life since being jailed for over a month on charges stemming from the Jan. 6 riot and realizes he shouldn’t have entered the Capitol building. Chansley, who previously said Trump inspired him to be in Washington that day, said Trump “let a lot of peaceful people down.”

Chansley said he’s coming to terms with events leading to the riot and asked people to “be patient with me and other peaceful people who, like me, are having a very difficult time piecing together all that happened to us, around us, and by us. We are good people who care deeply about our country.”
Awwww...thanks for the sentiments...

20 years for you!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:20 am PHOENIX (AP) — An Arizona man who participated in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns said he regrets storming the building, apologized for causing fear in others and expressed disappointment with former President Donald Trump.

Inauguration Day was Jan 6th? :suspicious:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:15 pm

Obviously not. That was the day Trump Supporters committed treason. :mrgreen:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:26 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:15 pm
Obviously not. That was the day Trump Supporters committed treason. :mrgreen:
According to the msm, that was Nov 3, 2016.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

What Inauguration Day ARMED protests? What Inauguration Day protests period? Turned out to be a bunch of hyperventilating from the left...On Inauguration Day, there were 30 some thousand National Guardsmen and police in DC, and dozens to hundreds in most state capitols, mostly just standing around...
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:10 pm What Inauguration Day ARMED protests? What Inauguration Day protests period? Turned out to be a bunch of hyperventilating from the left...On Inauguration Day, there were 30 some thousand National Guardsmen and police in DC, and dozens to hundreds in most state capitols, mostly just standing around...
or sleeping in parking garages or being accused of being Nazi sympathizers and Trump robots.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:What Inauguration Day ARMED protests? What Inauguration Day protests period? Turned out to be a bunch of hyperventilating from the left...On Inauguration Day, there were 30 some thousand National Guardsmen and police in DC, and dozens to hundreds in most state capitols, mostly just standing around...
It could be that he posted in the wrong thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk