What to do with Trump between now and when Biden takes over

Political discussions

What should we do with Trump between now and when Biden takes the oath of office?

Pence should take the lead, invoke the 25th, and boot him from office - he's a dangerous menace and has to go now
15%
Congress should impeach him and make him the first President to be impeached twice (assuming the Senate won't move fast enough to remove him)
15%
Let him stew in the White House the whole rest of his term and make sure the repo men are there to boot him out by noon on Jan 20th
41%
Pee in butt
30%

Total votes: 27

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: What to do with Trump between now and when Biden takes over

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:20 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:29 pm This is what I don't get about the "well, if the 25th or impeach Trump, it's just going to piss off his supporters more."

Inaugurating Biden is going to piss off his supporters more.

The only thing that won't will be Trump somehow seizing a 2nd term.

There is obvious noise everywhere with this. The thinly veiled noise is the complete castration from all quarters. That suggests threats are being taken seriously.
lol. hopefully more seriously than the capitol police did. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:20 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Disagree. Attempting to impeach Trump in literally the last week of his presidency will do waaaaaaay more harm than good at this point.
It won't do any good. He's leaving. The time for symbolism is past. Trump has been asleep at the wheel since election night and there seem to be controls in place to make sure he can't do anything dangerous with regards to starting a war or anything. Let him finish in shame and slink away to Florida - where old New Yorkers go to die.
I still think that's the best option. Two impeachments in just about one year is a terrible precedent anyway (and goes back to the Dems making a bad decision on the first impeachment as that looks less and less like high crimes and misdemeanors compared to last week's debacle) - I'd rather not be in a mode where whenever the opposing party controls the House that we're constantly talking about impeaching the opposing party's President like we have this past 4 years. Obviously Trump has a large amount of blame to shoulder in making that happen this time, but not all the blame and the more we set precedent the more likely we repeat it. Hadn't impeached a President in 130 years before we impeached Clinton, and now we're looking at 3 impeachments in 20 years.

And the 25th amendment really relies on the VP and the cabinet, obviously, and they seem to think he's not an imminent danger for the next week until he's gone. I wonder if Pence and the others would make a different decision if he had a year or more to go rather than just a week.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:18 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:28 pm
Yeah, they only attempted to seize and/or burn down multiple police precincts, local, state, and fed govt buildings in multiple cities, a whole section of a city.
Yup and they were wrong to do that.

See, I can be consistent and call out multiple groups for their criminality. What is your excuse?
Those several hundred Trump supporters were wrong to use force to take over the Capitol Bldg last Wed. Happy?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:40 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:17 pm

We also saw Pelosi, Schumer, Waters, etc., tell their people to take it to them in the streets....if you see them in a restaurant or at church or on the street to attack them...and then sit back and condone and support 10 SOLID MONTHS of rioting, looting, burning, etc. We also saw BLM/ANTIFA ACTUALLY burn and loot DC several months ago, defacing public property and causing millions of dollars in damage. NOTHING was said or done then. This isn’t a one-way street Mark. Quit trying to make it so.
Yes we did. And that was 100% wrong. I never said it was a 1-way street, Tom. You're right nothing was done. Why didn't Trump's Justice Department go after those people? Is his DoJ in on the conspiracy? The BLM/Antifa mayhem of 2020 is awful and it shouldn't have been condoned. But there's a difference between the two - BLM/Antifa was about mayhem over racism. They didn't attempt to seize a body of our Government. They didn't plan on various websites and discuss logistics about how to get weapons to federal building, that they're going to arrests law makers ( at least it wasn't reported). The Trump Supporters did just that. There's now evidence on Parlar, TheDonald and other sites that people were actually planning something. They attacked a seat of our Republic in hopes to overturn an election. There is a difference. Both are terrible. One is an act of grave violence. One is an act against the very government it claims it wants to save.

Trump supporters get a free pass b/c someone else did it and its completely ridiculous and intellectually dishonest to defend criminal behavior. You're rationalizing criminal, traitorous behavior.
What happened in Seattle and elsewhere didn't happen in a vaccuum. ANTIFA is certainly planned actions over the internet this past year, esp Seattle & Portland. That was 150+ days of rioting, much of it attacks on a Fed complex. They're better at it on the internet in terms of being more discreet, and underground.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mbers.html
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:36 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:20 pm

There is obvious noise everywhere with this. The thinly veiled noise is the complete castration from all quarters. That suggests threats are being taken seriously.
lol. hopefully more seriously than the capitol police did. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
Yep. I don’t want to go all Spandos but that lack of preparedness is interesting.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:04 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Yep. I don’t want to go all Spandos but that lack of preparedness is interesting.
Yeah, it was truly bizarro. If I didn't see it on video, I wouldn't believe it.
-Part of the Capitol Building you had officers literally opening doors and taking selfies with protestors.
-Part of the Capitol Building you had officers fighting tooth and nail to keep rioters out.
-Where the woman was shot trying to go through the window you had at least 7 officers (4 in swat gear that had just come up the steps) looking like they were just mingling with the protestors behind where the woman was shot. I'm sure they were like "WTF" esp considering several looked to be in the line of fire from their fellow shooting officer..

It seemed as if each little group of Capitol Police did what the fuck they wanted, and there was no command structure above Sgt or Lt level making calls..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:04 pm Yep. I don’t want to go all Spandos but that lack of preparedness is interesting.
Yeah, it was truly bizarro. If I didn't see it on video, I wouldn't believe it.
-Part of the Capitol Building you had officers literally opening doors and taking selfies with protestors.
-Part of the Capitol Building you had officers fighting tooth and nail to keep rioters out.
-Where the woman was shot trying to go through the window you had at least 7 officers (4 in swat gear that had just come up the steps) looking like they were just mingling with the protestors behind where the woman was shot. I'm sure they were like "WTF" esp considering several looked to be in the line of fire from their fellow shooting officer..

It seemed as if each little group of Capitol Police did what the fuck they wanted, and there was no command structure above Sgt or Lt level making calls..
And now you have 10-15 officers being investigated for helping the mob. Bizarro is a good term to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:44 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Yeah, it was truly bizarro. If I didn't see it on video, I wouldn't believe it.

And now you have 10-15 officers being investigated for helping the mob. Bizarro is a good term to use.

The law enforcement vote has historically gone conk, probably more so than the military (large chunk of LEOs are former military (the one who was killed was an Air Force vet)).. Add on the fact that for a good chunk of 2020 you had BLM/ANTIFA protests & riots, including attacks on the police. You had ‘peaceful protests’ which included anti police slogans Fuck the Police, ACAB, calling police racists, etc which were not criticized, or even supported, by much of the left, along with calls across the country from the left to ‘Defund the Police’. This contributed to Trump probably getting a record % of the law enforecement vote. Haven’t seen stats, but I bet Trump beat Biden by 50+ with the law enforcement vote. Guarantee a majority of those Capitol Police voted for Trump, with some major Trumpers among them.

There have been reports of a few current and former LEOs from around the country who were among the protestors inside the Capitol Bldg..
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

We need to ignore and forget Trump. That is what will really hurt him.

The focus now should be on reconciliation. Impeachment will only widen the gulf.

Inauguration of Biden and reaching across the aisle to reasonable conks will go s long way.

At this point two groups that feel disenfranchised BLM’ers and DieHard Trumpers need to be reached out to and listened to. They both need attention. Neither should drive the agenda.

Some how objectivity needs to be restored to the media and the national dialogue.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:50 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:44 pm

The law enforcement vote has historically gone conk, probably more so than the military (large chunk of LEOs are former military (the one who was killed was an Air Force vet)).. Add on the fact that for a good chunk of 2020 you had BLM/ANTIFA protests & riots, including attacks on the police. You had ‘peaceful protests’ which included anti police slogans Fuck the Police, ACAB, calling police racists, etc which were not criticized, or even supported, by much of the left, along with calls across the country from the left to ‘Defund the Police’. This contributed to Trump probably getting a record % of the law enforecement vote. Haven’t seen stats, but I bet Trump beat Biden by 50+ with the law enforcement vote. Guarantee a majority of those Capitol Police voted for Trump, with some major Trumpers among them.

There have been reports of a few current and former LEOs from around the country who were among the protestors inside the Capitol Bldg..
I agree with you. I guess Blue Lives Matter for only a little while. It seemed to not matter when they were beating up officers and killing one.

Wednesday started out as peaceful and i was fine with it. It's the constitutional right. The MOMENT they broke the law and began going where they weren't, vandalizing buildings and instilling fear is the moment they lost credibility. That's just my opinion.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

LeadBolt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 pm We need to ignore and forget Trump. That is what will really hurt him.

The focus now should be on reconciliation. Impeachment will only widen the gulf.

Inauguration of Biden and reaching across the aisle to reasonable conks will go s long way.

At this point two groups that feel disenfranchised BLM’ers and DieHard Trumpers need to be reached out to and listened to. They both need attention. Neither should drive the agenda.

Some how objectivity needs to be restored to the media and the national dialogue.

With Social Media cutting him off it's now on the MSM to forget him. Keep his name, image and voice out of the MSM and he'll stay on the fringes with OAN and Newsmaxx.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:18 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:20 pm It won't do any good. He's leaving. The time for symbolism is past. Trump has been asleep at the wheel since election night and there seem to be controls in place to make sure he can't do anything dangerous with regards to starting a war or anything. Let him finish in shame and slink away to Florida - where old New Yorkers go to die.
I still think that's the best option. Two impeachments in just about one year is a terrible precedent anyway (and goes back to the Dems making a bad decision on the first impeachment as that looks less and less like high crimes and misdemeanors compared to last week's debacle) - I'd rather not be in a mode where whenever the opposing party controls the House that we're constantly talking about impeaching the opposing party's President like we have this past 4 years. Obviously Trump has a large amount of blame to shoulder in making that happen this time, but not all the blame and the more we set precedent the more likely we repeat it. Hadn't impeached a President in 130 years before we impeached Clinton, and now we're looking at 3 impeachments in 20 years.

And the 25th amendment really relies on the VP and the cabinet, obviously, and they seem to think he's not an imminent danger for the next week until he's gone. I wonder if Pence and the others would make a different decision if he had a year or more to go rather than just a week.
The cabinet (what’s left of it) and the VP are sycophants who either side with the seditionists or are scared of them. Of course they don’t view Trump as an imminent threat. He’s a savior. But yeah...let’s trust Trump’s cabinet to determine threat. :lol:

The people who know him the best (outside of the cult) have been constantly warning that he will not leave office peacefully. That’s already proven to be true by his own actions and words. With further riots openly planned (nation wide) and potential for others we don’t know about, coupled with at least a little support from LE, military types, and Nazi’s, every effort should be made to get him out of office. Im not worried about a coup. I just don’t want to get anywhere close to Nazi. Fuck those guys.

As his close friend and confidante the Mooch once said, the fish rots from the head.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:55 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:50 pm

I agree with you. I guess Blue Lives Matter for only a little while. It seemed to not matter when they were beating up officers and killing one.

Wednesday started out as peaceful and i was fine with it. It's the constitutional right. The MOMENT they broke the law and began going where they weren't, vandalizing buildings and instilling fear is the moment they lost credibility. That's just my opinion.

One thing that didn't bother me was the fear in the eyes of the Congress-people. Now those motherfuckers know how the people felt Parkland and Columbine, et al., felt.

And shitting on the floors and smearing it on the walls pretty much sums up their vistors. :coffee:

Not to mention tasering your own balls while looting until you die... :rofl: Rush is right...you can't make this stuff up
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:39 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:55 am I agree with you. I guess Blue Lives Matter for only a little while. It seemed to not matter when they were beating up officers and killing one.

One thing that didn't bother me was the fear in the eyes of the Congress-people. Now those motherfuckers know how the people felt Parkland and Columbine, et al., felt.

And shitting on the floors and smearing it on the walls pretty much sums up their vistors. :coffee:

Not to mention tasering your own balls while looting until you die... :rofl: Rush is right...you can't make this stuff up
What about the woman with the Gadsden Flag being trampled? The irony there was too much for me.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:47 am

What about the woman with the Gadsden Flag being trampled? The irony there was too much for me.
Donald loves the people who trampled her. I have proof sent by Trump supporting friends asking me to read the whole speech.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:47 am

There is no more irony left to give...I'm waiting to see the meme of Tip O'Neil's hand coming out of the portrait and activating the taser
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:18 pm

The cabinet (what’s left of it) and the VP are sycophants who either side with the seditionists or are scared of them. Of course they don’t view Trump as an imminent threat. He’s a savior. But yeah...let’s trust Trump’s cabinet to determine threat. :lol:

The people who know him the best (outside of the cult) have been constantly warning that he will not leave office peacefully. That’s already proven to be true by his own actions and words. With further riots openly planned (nation wide) and potential for others we don’t know about, coupled with at least a little support from LE, military types, and Nazi’s, every effort should be made to get him out of office. Im not worried about a coup. I just don’t want to get anywhere close to Nazi. Fuck those guys.

As his close friend and confidante the Mooch once said, the fish rots from the head.
Well, first of all, we have no one else but the VP and the cabinet to trust if we're going to use the 25th. Just can't get around that.

As for the leaving peacefully, I have no doubt that Trump will leave peacefully - he's a narcissist and a buffoon, but foremost he's also lazy. He's not going to do the heavy lifting required to try to hang on to power. There's never been a doubt in my mind since election night that Trump will leave on Jan 20th and Biden will be the President. Sure, the cultists extremist will pop up here and there and there will be violence - heck, I remember back in 2016 how protests against Trump becoming President became violent - but we're not anywhere in the vicinity of Nazi-ism, and again, I blame the poor state of history education in this country for giving folks the barest of information that allows them to even make that ridiculous comparison.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:20 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 am

Well, first of all, we have no one else but the VP and the cabinet to trust if we're going to use the 25th. Just can't get around that.

As for the leaving peacefully, I have no doubt that Trump will leave peacefully - he's a narcissist and a buffoon, but foremost he's also lazy. He's not going to do the heavy lifting required to try to hang on to power. There's never been a doubt in my mind since election night that Trump will leave on Jan 20th and Biden will be the President. Sure, the cultists extremist will pop up here and there and there will be violence - heck, I remember back in 2016 how protests against Trump becoming President became violent - but we're not anywhere in the vicinity of Nazi-ism, and again, I blame the poor state of history education in this country for giving folks the barest of information that allows them to even make that ridiculous comparison.
Aside from recently popularized beer hall echoes...there were literally Nazi’s inside our capital last week. Will they rise to power a la 30’s Germany? Of course not. Do we tolerate them and wait for their cult leader to quietly go away? Only if we want to tolerate Nazi’s.

Toleration of anything close to cult of personality Nazi behavior by real Nazi’s and a leader who loves them really shouldn’t be an idea to ponder.

Throw everything at them resoundingly.

We’re supposed to hate those guys...... if we pay attention to history.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:56 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:20 am

Aside from recently popularized beer hall echoes...there were literally Nazi’s inside our capital last week. Will they rise to power a la 30’s Germany? Of course not. Do we tolerate them and wait for their cult leader to quietly go away? Only if we want to tolerate Nazi’s.

Toleration of anything close to cult of personality Nazi behavior by real Nazi’s and a leader who loves them really shouldn’t be an idea to ponder.

Of course we hate them and of course we should not tolerate them. But we shouldn't do it by being better fascists than they are.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:08 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:56 am

Of course we hate them and of course we should not tolerate them. But we shouldn't do it by being better fascists than they are.
Using the 25th amendment or impeachment against Nazi’s is fascistic?

Ok.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Our Constitution is clearly a fascist document to have such despicable things in it.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:08 am

Using the 25th amendment or impeachment against Nazi’s is fascistic?

Ok.
You forgot to add expelling any members of either House that voiced any opposition to the electoral certification, acquiescence to extra-legal non-government 3rd parties stamping out any viewpoint they consider objectionable or out of vogue (heck, even Merkel, who's closer to what historical fascism is than any of us are, expressed alarm and concern at that), and JSO's (you know, the poster you consider to be the most rational) ideas of banning a major political party, or banning it's members from voting. I'm sure JSO would like to go as far as banning them from procreating, but that might go a little tad further than what's considered "rational".
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:22 am Our Constitution is clearly a fascist document to have such despicable things in it.
Strawman argument. Don't you have a Russian conspiracy to track down? :rofl:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:25 am Merkel, who's closer to what historical fascism is than any of us are, expressed alarm and concern at that
But, she understands historical fascism enough to not call Twitter banning Trump fascism. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:28 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:25 am Merkel, who's closer to what historical fascism is than any of us are, expressed alarm and concern at that
But, she understands historical fascism enough to not call Twitter banning Trump fascism. :thumb:
Good catch (and revision). Did you also catch that in four years she hasn't called Trump a Nazi either, or does that not gibe with your agenda?