NFL 2020 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Re: NFL 2020 Season

Post by CAA Flagship »

Funniest comment I heard last night:

"Taylor Heinicke is VANILLA VICK"

:lol: :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:Who watched the Saints/Bears game on Nickelodeon and what did you think?
I was watching the Ravens game when I saw that Nickelodeon was airing football. That’s a new demo they’re going after, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 pm
UNI88 wrote:Who watched the Saints/Bears game on Nickelodeon and what did you think?
I was watching the Ravens game when I saw that Nickelodeon was airing football. That’s a new demo they’re going after, eh?

It was kind of cool. I was watching on CBS when they showed a replay the slimezone from Nick after Nola scored a TD so I switched over and watched it there. They had Nate Burleson and some other announcers, (pre-recorded) Young Sheldon explaining the reason for penalties and neon graphics like the slimezone on TDs.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:27 pm
Ibanez wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:44 pm

It was kind of cool. I was watching on CBS when they showed a replay the slimezone from Nick after Nola scored a TD so I switched over and watched it there. They had Nate Burleson and some other announcers, (pre-recorded) Young Sheldon explaining the reason for penalties and neon graphics like the slimezone on TDs.
A buddy and I were going to watch it...but then got hooked watching BattleBots on Hulu and betting on the outcomes. After being down $20, I ended the night up $26. There are 4 episodes left in the season and we'll settle after the Championship. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:23 pm Image
Maybe he is, but the question is who could they possibly hire to replace him? Right now, the Eagles are a dumpster fire. The franchise QB, with a substantial cap-hitting contract, played like one of the worst QB's in the league last year and hasn't looked the same since coming back from injury, the front office has a lackey of the owner as the GM and you wonder who's really calling the shots there and how come they've blown so many drafts in a row (the Eagles picked JJ Arcega-Whiteside and Jalen Raegor in successive drafts when looking for WR's and passed over DJ Metcalf and Justin Jefferson, both all-pros, for those other two non-all-pro players), and the Eagles are in salary cap hell, easily the worst-positioned team in the NFL in terms of cap space. So what coach is going to waste an NFL head coaching opportunity, which sometimes you only get one, on this train-wreck of a situation? Jeff Lurie is looking more and more like a Jerry Jones, hands-on everything owner, but one who's tried to hide that he's doing that by using his proxy-puppet Roseman. Is Wentz going to all of a sudden get good again just because the guy with the headset on the sideline is new? What a disaster.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:34 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:23 pm Image
Maybe he is, but the question is who could they possibly hire to replace him? Right now, the Eagles are a dumpster fire. The franchise QB, with a substantial cap-hitting contract, played like one of the worst QB's in the league last year and hasn't looked the same since coming back from injury, the front office has a lackey of the owner as the GM and you wonder who's really calling the shots there and how come they've blown so many drafts in a row (the Eagles picked JJ Arcega-Whiteside and Jalen Raegor in successive drafts when looking for WR's and passed over DJ Metcalf and Justin Jefferson, both all-pros, for those other two non-all-pro players), and the Eagles are in salary cap hell, easily the worst-positioned team in the NFL in terms of cap space. So what coach is going to waste an NFL head coaching opportunity, which sometimes you only get one, on this train-wreck of a situation? Jeff Lurie is looking more and more like a Jerry Jones, hands-on everything owner, but one who's tried to hide that he's doing that by using his proxy-puppet Roseman. Is Wentz going to all of a sudden get good again just because the guy with the headset on the sideline is new? What a disaster.
Justin Jefferson was a big miss but not picking DJ Metcalf wasn't a big deal. DK Metcalf though, they really whiffed on that one. ;)

DK Metcalf was going to be a stud what but playing (and living) with Russ really accelerated the process. I don't think that happens playing with Wentz and the Eagles.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:04 pm
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:34 pm

Justin Jefferson was a big miss but not picking DJ Metcalf wasn't a big deal. DK Metcalf though, they really whiffed on that one. ;)

DK Metcalf was going to be a stud what but playing (and living) with Russ really accelerated the process. I don't think that happens playing with Wentz and the Eagles.
Come on, are you saying JJ Arcega-Whiteside is a stud just waiting to be happen, but has been held back by playing with Wentz and the Eagles? The Eagles whiffed on two straight WR picks in two years and instead of having two all-pro WR's have a guy who's not terrible (Raegor) and a guy who was a healthy scratch most of the year, his second as a pro.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:04 pm

Come on, are you saying JJ Arcega-Whiteside is a stud just waiting to be happen, but has been held back by playing with Wentz and the Eagles? The Eagles whiffed on two straight WR picks in two years and instead of having two all-pro WR's have a guy who's not terrible (Raegor) and a guy who was a healthy scratch most of the year, his second as a pro.
No. I'm saying that playing with Russ accelerated DK's development. I don't think he would be this good this fast if he was playing with Brady either (the Seahawks used the Patriot's pick on DK). Russ really took DK under his wing in a way that I don't think most QBs would have.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Packers have a chance, Kupp is out.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Lol the Chargers hired a guy who was fired from JMU from his DC job in 2014..JMU’s defense sucked that year..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Green Bay by 3, 24-21
Kansas City by 6, 34-28
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Did you write this Gil?

Roger Johnson: Overturn the Packers' loss
The game was "rigged." The game was "stolen." The game was "fixed." I'm going to ask the courts to change the final score; if they won't, I'm asking the NFL commissioner to "find" more points for the Packers. Clearly "collusion" among the refs, the announcers, the fans and even the cheerleaders!
:rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:05 pm Did you write this Gil?

The game was "rigged." The game was "stolen." The game was "fixed." I'm going to ask the courts to change the final score; if they won't, I'm asking the NFL commissioner to "find" more points for the Packers. Clearly "collusion" among the refs, the announcers, the fans and even the cheerleaders!
Nope, just hoping the Pack does better next year.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:05 pm Did you write this Gil?

They need to get Aaron some valium. His sphincter tightens up too much during really big games.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:59 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:23 pm

They need to get Aaron some valium. His sphincter tightens up too much during really big games.
He was fine, defense needs more help, and special teams.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Stafford to the Rams for Goff and picks.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:32 pm Stafford to the Rams for Goff and picks.
Two 1st round picks (next two years) and a 3rd round pick this year is more than I expected the Lions to get.

Goff has been very inconsistent , so he should fit in well in Detroit.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:48 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:32 pm Stafford to the Rams for Goff and picks.
Two 1st round picks (next two years) and a 3rd round pick this year is more than I expected the Lions to get.

Goff has been very inconsistent , so he should fit in well in Detroit.
2 first round picks and an ok QB was a good deal for Detroit.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Rumor of Colts and Eagles discussing Wentz trade.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:52 am Rumor of Colts and Eagles discussing Wentz trade.
If they're willing to give up their first round pick (#21 in the draft) then the Eagles would be silly not to consider it. Eagles could throw in a 5th round pick if that makes it work, but considering the salary cap hit the Eagles need to take I'm not sure they need to sweeten the pot any more. The Colts were really interested in Stafford so with him not there and with the Colts not have a high enough pick to get one of the top 3 QB's in the draft, and with Houston not about to trade Watson inside the division, this might be their best option. Besides, I'm not sure Carson can stay in Philly now, if they let fans in the stadium next year and he's playing he'll get crucified over his performance on the field this year and his performance off the field since being benched. He's worn out his welcome.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Rodgers gets 3rd MVP.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter