Total votes: 7

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Ohio State or Alabama

Post by JohnStOnge »

Let's see if anybody will pick Ohio State. I won't; though I'll be pulling for the Buckeyes.

I will say think that, as often happens, people are tending to under estimate Ohio State's talent level. From what I've read I'm thinking Ohio State is going to have 8 to 12 players drafted with maybe 6 or 7 in the first three rounds. Two or three first rounders maybe.

Kind of reminds me of when Ohio State played Miami in that 2003 BCS Championship game and everybody was saying it was a talent mismatch. Turned out that Ohio State had 19 players drafted during the next two NFL drafts while Miami had 17. Miami had 10 first rounders and that's incredible. But it was NOT the talent mismatch I think most people thought it was.

I think this Alabama team will probably have more players drafted than Ohio State over the next two NFL drafts. But I don't think it's going to be by that much. Obviously Alabama is going to be by far the most talented team Ohio State. But I think Ohio State is also going to be by far the most talented team Alabama has played.

Hopefully it'll be a good game or the extremely unlikely scenario of Ohio State blowing Alabama out will transpire. Then I could enjoy it like I enjoyed watching Nebraska blow out the Florida team nobody down here thought Nebraska could hang with in the 1995/1996 defacto championship game.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Ohio State or Alabama

Post by AZGrizFan »

Same. I WANT Ohio State. I THINK Alabama will win.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Don't like either, hope for a good game.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:57 pm Don't like either, hope for a good game.
That too.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

7 season of the college football playoffs:

NC game with winner bolded:
2014: #2 Oregon/#4 OH ST (#1 Bama lost semis)
2015: #1 Clemson/#2 BAMA (#4 OK lost semis)
2016: #1 Bama/#2 Clemson (#3 OH St lost semis)
2017: #3 UGA/#4 BAMA (#1 Clemson lost semis; #2 OK lost semis)
2018: #1 BAMA/#2 Clemson (#4 OK lost semis)
2019: #1 LSU/#3 Clemson (#2 OH ST & #4 OK lost semis)
2020: #1 BAMA/#3 OH ST (#2 Clemson lost semis)

Semi final appearances:
BAMA: 6
Clemson: 6
OH ST: 4
OK: 4
ND: 2
OR: 1
FSU: 1
Mich ST: 1
WA: 1
UGA: 1
LSU: 1

NC Game Appearances:
BAMA: 5
Clemson: 4
OH ST: 2
OR: 1
UGA: 1
LSU: 1

NCs:
BAMA: 3
Clemson: 2
OH: 1
LSU: 1 (One hit wonder). Trolling JSO

-All 7 NC games has had 1 of 3 between BAMA, Clemson, and OH St. 4 of the 7 NC games have had 2 of the 3.
-Oklahoma is 0-4 in the semis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_Playoff
Last edited by BDKJMU on Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Smith had 215 yds in the first half he could be no.2 overall choice headed to the Jets!!!!!
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Saban passes Bear Bryant and becomes 1st coach to win 7 Nat titles.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:28 am Smith had 215 yds in the first half he could be no.2 overall choice headed to the Jets!!!!!
Heck, on 1 of his TD catches you had an inside OH ST LB trying to cover the Heisman winning WR. :suspicious: I’d fire the OH ST DC over that one..

Bama had 52 with 13+ min left (they scored 17 in a qtr+ without Smith). Could have put up 59 or 66, and that was with Smith out injured almost the entire 2nd half..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

To me the better QB looked like the one from BAMA. Jone was 36 for 45, 464, 5 TDs/0 INT) (did have the fumble).
-Top completion % in the history of college football (77+%) (I-A).
-Top QB efficiency rating in the history of college football.
-Top QBR in history in the history of college football.
While going 11-0 vs SEC teams plus Notre Dame & Ohio St. No 2-3 OOC cupcakes as. Exceeded what Burrow dod last yr at LSU. Course he is touted as a 1st Rd pick also. Will be interesting how that works out between Jones, the Ohio St QB, and Trey Lance. I guess the hipie from Clempson will be the #1 pick.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:32 am
dal4018 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:28 am Smith had 215 yds in the first half he could be no.2 overall choice headed to the Jets!!!!!
Heck, on 1 of his TD catches you had an inside OH ST LB trying to cover the Heisman winning WR. :suspicious: I’d fire the OH ST DC over that one..

Bama had 52 with 13+ min left (they scored 17 in a qtr+ without Smith). Could have put up 59 or 66, and that was with Smith out injured almost the entire 2nd half..
The DC was stuck on stupid for that move where were the DBs??????
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:38 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:32 am

The DC was stuck on stupid for that move where were the DBs??????
The safety on that play pretty much ran himself out of the play. Can't blame it all on the LB or the coach.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:53 am To me the better QB looked like the one from BAMA. Jone was 36 for 45, 464, 5 TDs/0 INT) (did have the fumble).
-Top completion % in the history of college football (77+%) (I-A).
-Top QB efficiency rating in the history of college football.
-Top QBR in history in the history of college football.
While going 11-0 vs SEC teams plus Notre Dame & Ohio St. No 2-3 OOC cupcakes as. Exceeded what Burrow dod last yr at LSU. Course he is touted as a 1st Rd pick also. Will be interesting how that works out between Jones, the Ohio St QB, and Trey Lance. I guess the hipie from Clempson will be the #1 pick.
Jones is going to be interesting - sure, he had by far the most talented stable of WR's, TE's, and RB's to throw to, but he did look good doing it. I think after Lawrence, the QB's in question would be Fields, the kid from BYU (Zach Wilson), and now Mac Jones. Lance is a project and isn't anywhere near what these guys are in terms of passing ability today. I think those top 4 QB's all go in the top 10.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Jets need and OL and a QB. I don't think they stay with Darnald.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

This is boring and bad for NCAAF. Early predictions for 2021 season look like the same 6-7 teams. Something needs to change.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 am This is boring and bad for NCAAF. Early predictions for 2021 season look like the same 6-7 teams. Something needs to change.
Covid or not, teams that play 6 games shouldn't be in the NC when there are others with better record or at least played almost twice as many games. :coffee: :coffee:

I really just do not like Ohio State. They could be playing a team of murders and rapists - i'll still not root for Ohio State.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 am This is boring and bad for NCAAF. Early predictions for 2021 season look like the same 6-7 teams. Something needs to change.
Don't see how it's going to change. The rich get richer, in these cases, literally. The P5 schools have all of the money, and within the P5 schools themselves there is a smaller segment that has most of the money. Will college athletes now allowed relatively unfettered free agency, they're free to go where they want and they want to win. That means you go to the schools that win all the time. And it's not just an FBS thing, all levels of football are stagnant when it comes to competition. And really, most college sports are and have been like this already. If you're looking for fresh faces and surprising outcomes, college sports is not the place to look.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:08 am
Covid or not, teams that play 6 games shouldn't be in the NC when there are others with better record or at least played almost twice as many games. :coffee: :coffee:

I really just do not like Ohio State. They could be playing a team of murders and rapists - i'll still not root for Ohio State.
That's fine, but NOBODY was going to challenge Bama last night. I'm pretty sure they could beat several NFL teams.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:27 am
Don't see how it's going to change. The rich get richer, in these cases, literally. The P5 schools have all of the money, and within the P5 schools themselves there is a smaller segment that has most of the money. Will college athletes now allowed relatively unfettered free agency, they're free to go where they want and they want to win. That means you go to the schools that win all the time. And it's not just an FBS thing, all levels of football are stagnant when it comes to competition. And really, most college sports are and have been like this already. If you're looking for fresh faces and surprising outcomes, college sports is not the place to look.
But I'd take even different P5 teams. My only hope is that I remember a time when it seemed Nebraska would never be bad. Florida State would never be down. Hopefully if Saban and Dabo move on, things will change.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:28 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:08 am

That's fine, but NOBODY was going to challenge Bama last night. I'm pretty sure they could beat several NFL teams.
They were on fire. They confused the defense, Devonta was explosive off the line and through people. Several times I thought the RB or someone was sacked, only to see that they were actually 7-8 yards down field. It was an impressive game.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:41 am
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:27 am

But I'd take even different P5 teams. My only hope is that I remember a time when it seemed Nebraska would never be bad. Florida State would never be down. Hopefully if Saban and Dabo move on, things will change.
I'm with you. Even Texas and USC were perennial favorites. Where are they now?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:54 am
89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:41 am
I'm with you. Even Texas and USC were perennial favorites. Where are they now?
I agree with both of you guys, but we are living in the Lebron era of sports where it's better to join the pack to win rather than forge your own path. Kids are flocking to 'Bama, Clemson, and Ohio State, and then to a lesser extent Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and then other SEC schools (and even then just a handful, like Georgia, Florida, Auburn and Texas A&M). I'm not sure how that changes, barring a dominant coach popping up somewhere different.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

FTR, as long as it's not Florida or South Carolina. Would love to see Tennessee come back to the top.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:
Last edited by Ibanez on Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am FTR, as long as it's not Florida or South Carolina. Would love to see Tennessee come back to the top.

Don't worry about South Carolina. We aren't going anywhere, anytime soon.

Prick. :mrgreen:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:10 am FTR, as long as it's not Florida or South Carolina. Would love to see Tennessee come back to the top.
I agree, I do kind of miss them. Great football environment there in Knoxville. It would be better to see a Nebraska be viable again, and maybe at least one Pac-12 team. The Pac-12 is almost in danger of sinking to G5 status for football.