Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:06 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:02 pm
Yep. BLM/ANTIFA looting, rioting and burning down buildings in dozens of cities this past late spring-summer, which the media outside Fox called mostly peaceful and mostly didn’t show. Yet we have 1 day of protests in DC, no burning or looting, a few windows broken, and leftist media goes apeshit.
You forgot 4 people killed, 14 cops injured, pipe bombs and an IED found and instilling fear in over 600 people in the actual building. But yeah, let's give this fuckers a pass b/c they only did it once. Let's rationalize violence b/c we agree with the supporters. :ohno: So much for "Back the Blue."

I especially enjoyed the Patriots with the Confederate Flag, breaking the law and trespassing in the name of upholding election law. That's how I like my irony! :mrgreen:
How many buildings were burned down? How many stores were looted? How many statues were torn down? How many CHAZ no go zones were there? How many incendiarys and molotovs were shot/thrown at the fed building?

150 police injured during BLM protests in DC this past Spring.
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/veri ... 7017a699f8

Man, conks suck at rioting..
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:03 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:58 am
That can't be. You said there was "nothing wrong" with the election..
I should've been more clear. Like I said in this thread, there was no widespread, coordinated effort to steal the election. In the sense that the election was rigged and stolen from Trump - that's completely wrong and with fact.
Not with fact. We can't say one way or another as any potential evidence wasn't adjudicated.

Agree about it not being widespread, it was targeted to a handful of metro areas in swing states.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 pm

You forgot 4 people killed, 14 cops injured, pipe bombs and an IED found and instilling fear in over 600 people in the actual building. But yeah, let's give this fuckers a pass b/c they only did it once. Let's rationalize violence b/c we agree with the supporters. :ohno: So much for "Back the Blue."

I especially enjoyed the Patriots with the Confederate Flag, breaking the law and trespassing in the name of upholding election law. That's how I like my irony! :mrgreen:
How many buildings were burned down? How many stores were looted? How many statues were torn down?

That's a deflect and has no bearing on yesterday's event. C'mon BDK. Be honest for once - Why do you support a group of Trump supporters that openly rebelled against their country and broke the law resulting in property damage, bodily injuries and death?

To be honest, I figured you'd have the integrity to call them out. But I didn't expect you to rationalize it. That is disappointing.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

How many buildings were burned down? How many stores were looted? How many statues were torn down? How many CHAZ no go zones were there? How many incendiarys and molotovs were shot/thrown at the fed building?

"Whose rioting is worse" is a stupid take to have.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:19 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Countless audits, internal investigations, 60+ lawsuits across several states and federal jurisdictions… And a little common sense that a conspiracy that far and wide, with that many civilians to have occurred and there's no trace evidence that could be produced in the past 5 or so weeks with an Elite Strike Force searching, probably doesn't exist. Irregularities, sure. A conspiracy so massive that Republican and Democratic states, legislatures, governors, and judges (not to mention supporters and appointees of the President) just seems to be far fetched.

I didn't realize the GOP became the party of Expandos.
Well, when Trump said Obama wiretapped him, I thought that was far fetched. I don't believe one way or the other. I am open to the possibility that shit happened. And I think that much of what might have happened can't be proved with what is left to investigate. It's like me trying to prove that I took a dump yesterday.
I've said I would welcome the results from an independent review. It would ONLY be good for our system. But I don't think you're going to find anything egregious there. It'll be more of the same election shenanigans that we see from Democrats and Republicans. More human error blown out of proportion.

And you can prove you took a dump yesterday - take a picture. I'm assuming you don't know how to edit metadata. :mrgreen:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:21 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:03 pm

I should've been more clear. Like I said in this thread, there was no widespread, coordinated effort to steal the election. In the sense that the election was rigged and stolen from Trump - that's completely wrong and with fact.
Not with fact. We can't say one way or another as any potential evidence wasn't adjudicated.

Agree about it not being widespread, it was targeted to a handful of metro areas in swing states.
Bingo..
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:24 pm

"Whose rioting is worse" is a stupid take to have.
Preach, brother!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Was this guy rioting with his employee badge around his neck? There's stupid, then there's this guy. :rofl:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 pm Was this guy rioting with his employee badge around his neck? There's stupid, then there's this guy. :rofl:

Moron. I wonder if the guy dressed like the Beast Master has been arrested yet. If I've seen his FB page by now, surely the FBI has.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:28 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:27 pm Was this guy rioting with his employee badge around his neck? There's stupid, then there's this guy. :rofl:

Moron. I wonder if the guy dressed like the Beast Master has been arrested yet. If I've seen his FB page by now, surely the FBI has.
I would hope most of these idiots will be rounded up once they go through all the footage. I think they also did this following the Portland Courthouse riots.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:30 pm

I would hope most of these idiots will be rounded up once they go through all the footage. I think they also did this following the Portland Courthouse riots.
I saw this morning that a NC man was already arrested.

I'm sure that dumb fuck who ransacked Pelosi's office is nervous. Isn't' carrying a firearm at the US Capitol a crime?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I liked the Sopranos finale better than Trumps.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:50 pm I liked the Sopranos finale better than Trumps.
Trump's got more media and social media coverage. :coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

What is it with all these people saying that yesterday with the worst day in the history of the country?
I'm not sure it truly makes the top 10.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Exactly. It's this guy and the other, what, 200 people that gave the whole thing a black eye?

Protesting on the steps is legal.

Of course when they were protesting Kavanaugh, they had people in Chuck Schumer's office watching tv.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:06 pm

Exactly. It's this guy and the other, what, 200 people that gave the whole thing a black eye?

Of course when they were protesting Kavanaugh, they had people in Chuck Schumer's office watching tv.
I wouldn't be surprised if yesterday there were ANTIFA infiltrators in the crowd. They tend to be over the top trying to fit in..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:04 pm What is it with all these people saying that yesterday with the worst day in the history of the country?
I'm not sure it truly makes the top 10.
I'm not sure it makes the top 100.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Cool to fly with BLM attire, but no MAGA.
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/flight-a ... rs-flights
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:04 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:55 am

:nod:
:jack:
:licker:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

The barricades were before the steps. The moment they moved past the barricades, they were trespassing.

The big question is how did this group breach security so easily? That's equally troubling.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:58 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:50 pm I liked the Sopranos finale better than Trumps.
Trump's got more media and social media coverage. :coffee:
It'll really come down to the soundtrack, IMO.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Great leadership here. Shouldn't make things worse at all. :dunce:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:00 pm

The barricades were before the steps. The moment they moved past the barricades, they were trespassing.

The big question is how did this group breach security so easily? That's equally troubling.
Yup. It's not like they didn't know this protest was coming. It was announced weeks in advance.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:08 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Yup. It's not like they didn't know this protest was coming. It was announced weeks in advance.
Or law enforcement has gotten tired of being portrayed as part of the problem (defund the police, ACAB, etc.) and said fvck it, let them in.

How many liberals switched sides and defended LEOs yesterday when Trumpers were calling them traitors?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:08 pm Great leadership here. Shouldn't make things worse at all. :dunce:

I thought the outcome from the protests in the summer was that we shouldn't be using tear gas on protestors anymore? I'm the first to say that law enforcement has a long way to go in terms of fixing what's wrong, but in this case they're damned if they do, damned if they don't - they corrected something they were criticized for before (using tear gas) and now they're criticized for not using it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation