2020 General Election

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by Ibanez »

And Democrats win both seats in Georgia!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:54 pm Sedition, Ganny

Hey, keep driving that stake of hateful division in this country with every spiteful post and you'll likely get exactly what you want, dback. You and your ilk offer nothing but the same kind of vengeful and mindless violence and retribution that we are seeing on pitiful display by the fools who are making up the mob in DC this afternoon. I see where that kind of constant derision and lack of humanity have gotten us through these past 4 years, maybe open your eyes up and think of a better way. Or, continue to double down. I'm pretty sure I know what you're going to pick. :kisswink:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:41 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:11 pm
They're angry about what they perceive to be an injustice perpetuated against them and they've been riled up and lashed out as a result.

There are valid comparisons to the protests in Portland, Seattle, etc. no matter how much you might want to pretend otherwise.

The extremes of both sides are mirror images of each other. You can either admit it and start working toward a future that addresses everyone's grievances and concerns or continue to ignore it and pretend that your side is righteous and the other side are evil Fascists/Marxists.

Still waiting ... :coffee:
You literally have a leader who just a few minutes ago claimed election fraud while his supporters occupy the seat of power for the entire country via force. And this has been telegraphed for weeks.

Remember when that happened in Portland?

Don’t be mad at Trump and his supporters for simply doing what they said they were going to do. (Right Ganny?)

Some days might be better than others for championing the “both sides do it” battle cry. :shock: :lol:
Do I remember when protests in Portland turned violent and resulted in rioting, looting and vandalism? Yes. Do I remember when pseudo-progressive leaders ignored or rationalized the violence and destruction? Yes. Are pseudo-conservative leaders doing the same thing now? Yes. Ignoring the parallels because it makes you feel better doesn't make them go away.

Trump is a sociopathic narcissist and a buffoon and he is absolutely throwing gas on the fire but Biden (AnTiFa is just an idea), AOChe and others weren't much better when rationalizing or defending the protests in Portland or elsewhere.

They're worse does not in any way shape or fashion justify what either side has condoned and encouraged. It's the adult equivalent of "he hit me first!" The reality is that we're circling the toilet as each side one ups the other. We can either start to call both sides out for their bullsh!t or continue down the drain. I'd rather call them all out and tell them to grow the fvck up.

:kisswink:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:30 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude. If you can’t see the irony/sarcasm in my posts, I can’t help you. :dunce:
Your past posts suggest otherwise.
Really? Have I not made my position clear on violent protests and their value?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:05 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:41 pm

You literally have a leader who just a few minutes ago claimed election fraud while his supporters occupy the seat of power for the entire country via force. And this has been telegraphed for weeks.

Remember when that happened in Portland?

Don’t be mad at Trump and his supporters for simply doing what they said they were going to do. (Right Ganny?)

Some days might be better than others for championing the “both sides do it” battle cry. :shock: :lol:
Do I remember when protests in Portland turned violent and resulted in rioting, looting and vandalism? Yes. Do I remember when pseudo-progressive leaders ignored or rationalized the violence and destruction? Yes. Are pseudo-conservative leaders doing the same thing now? Yes. Ignoring the parallels because it makes you feel better doesn't make them go away.

Trump is a sociopathic narcissist and a buffoon and he is absolutely throwing gas on the fire but Biden (AnTiFa is just an idea), AOChe and others weren't much better when rationalizing or defending the protests in Portland or elsewhere.

They're worse does not in any way shape or fashion justify what either side has condoned and encouraged. It's the adult equivalent of "he hit me first!" The reality is that we're circling the toilet as each side one ups the other. We can either start to call both sides out for their bullsh!t or continue down the drain. I'd rather call them all out and tell them to grow the fvck up.

:kisswink:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I DO think it’s hilarious, mind you, that all the “law and order” democrats are coming out of the fucking woodwork now, though. Not sure where they’ve been for the past 10 months, but hey, great to see you!
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

It's almost like Proud Boys had been planning this for some time...

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:15 pm I DO think it’s hilarious, mind you, that all the “law and order” democrats are coming out of the fucking woodwork now, though. Not sure where they’ve been for the past 10 months, but hey, great to see you!
Was just thinking the same thing, but also wanted to add their hateful rhetoric is to blame as well. Trying to pin this solely on the voters rings a bit hollow.

Both sides try to whip their constituents up ALL the time with their extreme statements.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:38 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:15 pm I DO think it’s hilarious, mind you, that all the “law and order” democrats are coming out of the fucking woodwork now, though. Not sure where they’ve been for the past 10 months, but hey, great to see you!
Was just thinking the same thing, but also wanted to add their hateful rhetoric is to blame as well. Trying to pin this solely on the voters rings a bit hollow.

Both sides try to whip their constituents up ALL the time with their extreme statements.
The BLM protesters in Minnesota were arrested, booked, charged, plead guilty, waiting court dates and some have rewards on their heads. Same should go for the Proud Boys revolt. Peaceful protesters are fine, but arrest the ones that break ranks and break the law.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:00 pm

The BLM protesters in Minnesota were arrested, booked, charged, plead guilty, waiting court dates and some have rewards on their heads. Same should go for the Proud Boys revolt. Peaceful protesters are fine, but arrest the ones that break ranks and break the law.
Agreed, but I wasn't saying that. Look at how our elected leaders speak. Always in the extreme. You can't keep labeling half the nation as pieces of shit and then act like you didn't have a part in it.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:08 pm

Agreed, but I wasn't saying that. Look at how our elected leaders speak. Always in the extreme. You can't keep labeling half the nation as pieces of shit and then act like you didn't have a part in it.
Are any of these guys going to get arrested for storming the Capital?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Oh, i agree. But watching the Dems suddenly be all about law and order is fucking hilarious.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:11 pm

No. Apparently just shot and killed.
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

A white woman was shot by cops today, so as usual no national news coverage. This is so Minneapolis all over again.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

dbackjon wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:45 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:15 pm

I’m sure Progressives like AOC approve of today’s action...

A new low for you. Trying to overthrow the government.
??? Where do I support overthrowing the government...I simply point out that the progressives like you and AOC support violent protests as long as they support your POV...

I’m not a supporter of what has happened today...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

It’s almost as comical as the law and order Republicans breaking the law in order to stage a protest.

Any peaceful protests that devolves into law breaking is wrong, regardless if they’re republicans or democrats. It’s all wrong. You have the right to peacefully assemble - but to scare, vandalize, send bombs and create a dangerous situation like we saw in Ferguson, Seattle and now DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:11 pm

I heard that 13 were arrested. But who knows?
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Bobcat wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:22 pm A white woman was shot by cops today, so as usual no national news coverage. This is so Minneapolis all over again.
Sadly, she died.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:00 pm The BLM protesters in Minnesota were arrested, booked, charged, plead guilty, waiting court dates and some have rewards on their heads. Same should go for the Proud Boys revolt. Peaceful protesters are fine, but arrest the ones that break ranks and break the law.
Oh, i agree. But watching the Dems suddenly be all about law and order is fucking hilarious.
Yeah. But now watching Republicans use the same excuses as Democrats did last spring is just an incredible display of hypocrisy.

This wasn’t about law and order. It’s about power.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:36 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Yeah. But now watching Republicans use the same excuses as Democrats did last spring is just an incredible display of hypocrisy.

:nod: The blatant hypocrisy from both sides is astounding.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:36 pm Yeah. But now watching Republicans use the same excuses as Democrats did last spring is just an incredible display of hypocrisy.

Yup. But the Dems are worst so it’s all good.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:42 pm
UNI88 wrote:
Yup. But the Dems are worst so it’s all good.

10 months worth vs about 3 hours worth. So yeah, they’re better at it. But then again, they have the media on their side, so it’s to be expected.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

And, police hold the door and let them out without detaining them...

What the absolute fuck... :ohno:

Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)