Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:19 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:12 am

Rudy?
No. He writes under a psuedonym, but has always been the voice of reason. His articles have always put the skids on crazy Conk talk, especially about the intelligence community.

He too thought Trump was wrong when he first heard the headlines and then when he listened to it, he obviously changed his mind.

Like I was saying, he said it was a meeting between the two to try and resolve issues before it goes to court.

When it does go to court, the Trump team will get the information they asked for.
Okee dokee. How did the Powell wannabe sound on paper?

Anyway...here’s Trump’s staunchest supporter and legal expert in Georgia last night.

[img]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0zHgLhb ... d3Fbcg5OyQ

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:31 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:19 am

No. He writes under a psuedonym, but has always been the voice of reason. His articles have always put the skids on crazy Conk talk, especially about the intelligence community.

He too thought Trump was wrong when he first heard the headlines and then when he listened to it, he obviously changed his mind.

Like I was saying, he said it was a meeting between the two to try and resolve issues before it goes to court.

When it does go to court, the Trump team will get the information they asked for.

Anyway...here’s Trump’s staunchest supporter and legal expert in Georgia last night.

I read through that. L Wood has been a blast. Either he is right, or he knows enough about defamation lawsuits that he is not worried about getting sued.

You have seen how Trump has distanced himself from Wood for weeks now?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:03 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:35 am Listened to the audio clip last night of Trump’s phone call. :shock:

Holy shit balls. Dude really is a two bit thug wannabe mob boss. 25th amendment now please.

(Also happens to be his best argument in criminal proceedings).
I read the transcript. Hardly a two bit thug. In fact I was stunned at how uncooperative Georgia has been.

Trump would make a claim, Raffensberger would refute it by saying they had investigated, and when Trump would ask for a copy of the report, they wouldn't provide it.

My understanding is the meeting was to try and reconcile differences before it goes to court.

Trump's lawyer admitted they did the best they could, but that the Georgia SOS had better information. Every time Trump's lawyers asked for the information so they could take out any mistakes from their claims, Raffensberger declined to give them that information.
Honestly - how does anyone hear what Trump was saying and think it was anything other than him trying to strongarm Raffensberger. It's pretty damn clear.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:37 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:31 am

I read through that. L Wood has been a blast. Either he is right, or he knows enough about defamation lawsuits that he is not worried about getting sued.

Did you see your buddy Jack Posobeic, the former intel officer turned master troll, commented.

:lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:42 am

I read the transcript. Hardly a two bit thug. In fact I was stunned at how uncooperative Georgia has been.

Trump would make a claim, Raffensberger would refute it by saying they had investigated, and when Trump would ask for a copy of the report, they wouldn't provide it.

My understanding is the meeting was to try and reconcile differences before it goes to court.

Trump's lawyer admitted they did the best they could, but that the Georgia SOS had better information. Every time Trump's lawyers asked for the information so they could take out any mistakes from their claims, Raffensberger declined to give them that information.
Honestly - how does anyone hear what Trump was saying and think it was anything other than him trying to strongarm Raffensberger. It's pretty damn clear.
Because he was asking Raffensperger to do his job. They provided him with lists of possible fraudulent ballots and Raffensperger hasn't done anything with them. That's what Trump was getting at. He is down by 11,779 votes and provided him with upwards of 50k in suspected fraudulent ballots only to have some of these investigated, but nobody got to see the reports.

For example, Raffensperger said he would audit Fulton county and he turned around and did Cobb. The fraud was suspected in Fulton, so why do Cobb?

Isn't the SOS supposed to look into fraud claims?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:44 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:37 am

Did you see your buddy Jack Posobeic, the former intel officer turned master troll, commented.

:lol:
Not yet. It's crap like this that makes Twitter fun to read.

Just like the other night when the guy pulled the HG Wells and 70% believed we were at war, even when commenters were saying what a great job trolling the guy was doing.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:57 am

Because he was asking Raffensperger to do his job. They provided him with lists of possible fraudulent ballots and Raffensperger hasn't done anything with them. That's what Trump was getting at. He is down by 11,779 votes and provided him with upwards of 50k in suspected fraudulent ballots only to have some of these investigated, but nobody got to see the reports.

For example, Raffensperger said he would audit Fulton county and he turned around and did Cobb. The fraud was suspected in Fulton, so why do Cobb?

Troll...Listen to the tape. Every single claim Trump made was dealt with by Raffsenberger. It was an almost verbatim accounting by Trump of everything his cult members have been saying. :lol: Nothing new or credible that hasn’t been looked at.

And then there were the thinly veiled threats. Stopped an inch short of “we wouldn’t want any thing bad to happen to you. That would be most unfortunate.”

(In Fat Toney from the Simpson’s voice)

:rofl:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 am

Troll...Listen to the tape. Every single claim Trump made was dealt with by Raffsenberger. It was an almost verbatim accounting by Trump of everything his cult members have been saying. :lol: Nothing new or credible that hasn’t been looked at.

And then there were the thinly veiled threats. Stopped an inch short of “we wouldn’t want any thing bad to happen to you. That would be most unfortunate.”

Agree to disagree. I just hope there is resolution on this, unlike pretty much everything else that has been in the news for the last 12 years.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:16 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:01 am

Agree to disagree. I just hope there is resolution on this, unlike pretty much everything else that has been in the news for the last 12 years.
That’s fine. Just remember your party (what’s left of it) officially no longer has legitimate claims to democracy, law, patriotism, the constitution, or reality.

And honestly, I don’t think that’s a good thing. A rational 2nd party is needed to cool the Ctrl left and moderate the big changes coming down the pike.
Forget all the whispered denials and the off-the-record expressions of concern in private; ignore the knowing smirks on camera from GOP officials who are desperately trying to indicate that they’re in on the joke. Brush aside the caviling of the anti-anti-Trump writers who would rather talk about that time in 2017 when some Democrats objected to the Electoral College vote (and were gaveled down by Joe Biden himself).

This is sedition, plain and simple. No amount of playacting and rationalizing can change the fact that the majority of the Republican Party and its apologists are advocating for the overthrow of an American election and the continued rule of a sociopathic autocrat.

This is not some handful of firebrands making a stand for the television cameras. In 2005, one Democrat in the House and one in the Senate filed an objection to counting Ohio’s electoral votes, while insisting that they were not contesting the outcome of the presidential election itself. In 2017, a handful of Democratic members of the House objected to the electoral count. Because they lacked support in the Senate, then–Vice President Biden ruled the representatives out of order and declared, “It is over.” In both cases, the Democratic candidate had already conceded.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... on/617538/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:35 am Listened to the audio clip last night of Trump’s phone call. :shock:

Holy shit balls. Dude really is a two bit thug wannabe mob boss. 25th amendment now please.

(Also happens to be his best argument in criminal proceedings).

Trump's lawyers don't know how to subpoena the records? I thought he only hired the best.

Does Georgia have a duty to share their records with Trump absent a subpoena or are they kind of like his tax returns?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Raffes told him everything has been reviewed, audited and is accurate. He told Trump that Trumps data is wrong. Trump says plainly -
So look, all I want to do is this, I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have.
Later he says again,
“So what are we going to do here, folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break.”
. THen he givess Raffe an explanation to give the voters
The people of Georgia are angry, the people of the country are angry. And there's nothing wrong with saying that, you know, um, that you've recalculated,
How can you look at that and think it's anything other than Trump b egging for 11k votes to magically appear and the reason be "votes were recalculated"? Hasn't Trump lost Ga 3x by now?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:16 am

That’s fine. Just remember your party (what’s left of it) officially no longer has legitimate claims to democracy, law, patriotism, the constitution, or reality.

And honestly, I don’t think that’s a good thing. A rational 2nd party is needed to cool the Ctrl left and moderate the big changes coming down the pike.
Forget all the whispered denials and the off-the-record expressions of concern in private; ignore the knowing smirks on camera from GOP officials who are desperately trying to indicate that they’re in on the joke. Brush aside the caviling of the anti-anti-Trump writers who would rather talk about that time in 2017 when some Democrats objected to the Electoral College vote (and were gaveled down by Joe Biden himself).

This is sedition, plain and simple. No amount of playacting and rationalizing can change the fact that the majority of the Republican Party and its apologists are advocating for the overthrow of an American election and the continued rule of a sociopathic autocrat.

This is not some handful of firebrands making a stand for the television cameras. In 2005, one Democrat in the House and one in the Senate filed an objection to counting Ohio’s electoral votes, while insisting that they were not contesting the outcome of the presidential election itself. In 2017, a handful of Democratic members of the House objected to the electoral count. Because they lacked support in the Senate, then–Vice President Biden ruled the representatives out of order and declared, “It is over.” In both cases, the Democratic candidate had already conceded.
:lol: Drama Queen.

I guess The Atlantic forgot about the other two times the Dems contested before 2017.

The last three Republican Presidents. But Libs are so patriotic. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:49 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:32 am

I guess The Atlantic forgot about the other two times the Dems contested before 2017.

Contesting the election is over. We always knew Trump was an insecure little bitch who would do this. But the results we have are the results of a fair and open election. What's going on now is the POTUS trying to strong arm people into subverting the will of the people. It's tantamount to a coup. It's quite un-American. It's a textbook authoritative move.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:46 am

Raffes told him everything has been reviewed, audited and is accurate. He told Trump that Trumps data is wrong. Trump says plainly -
So look, all I want to do is this, I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have.
Later he says again,
“So what are we going to do here, folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break.”
. THen he givess Raffe an explanation to give the voters
The people of Georgia are angry, the people of the country are angry. And there's nothing wrong with saying that, you know, um, that you've recalculated,
How can you look at that and think it's anything other than Trump b egging for 11k votes to magically appear and the reason be "votes were recalculated"? Hasn't Trump lost Ga 3x by now?
Let me guess. You havent read the transcript or listened to it?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:54 am

Contesting the election is over. We always knew Trump was an insecure little bitch who would do this. But the results we have are the results of a fair and open election. What's going on now is the POTUS trying to strong arm people into subverting the will of the people. It's tantamount to a coup. It's quite un-American. It's a textbook authoritative move.
Drama queen #2
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:55 am
Drama queen #2
I turn to name calling at this point too...
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:59 am

Drama queen #2
:lol: :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I've given Trip a lot of grief about his willingness to burn it all down to get what he wants. With all of the unsubstantiated accusations, inflammatory rhetoric and attempts to overturn the election results, Trump and his sycophants are showing their willingness to do the same.

Do I think there was some hinky stuff that occurred with this election? Yes.
Do I think that there was enough of it to change the outcome of the election? No
Do I think that only Democrats were involved in the hinky stuff? No

Trump and his sycophants can claim that the election was stolen and that what they are doing isn't a coup but a counter-coup but what will be the result if they are successful? The Democrats are not going to go quietly into the night. A civil war is a definite possibility if the election results are overturned. Is trying to achieve 4 more years of Donald Trump worth risking the future of the country over? It's the act of a sociopathic narcissist.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Didn’t realize you were the official arbiter of when “contesting the election” was over.

Congrats on the promotion.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:59 am

Drama queen #2
Fair enough. I apologize for name calling. It wasn't meant to be dismissive or mean. Just felt your responses were a little dramatic.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 am I've given Trip a lot of grief about his willingness to burn it all down to get what he wants. With all of the unsubstantiated accusations, inflammatory rhetoric and attempts to overturn the election results, Trump and his sycophants are showing their willingness to do the same.

Do I think that there was enough of it to change the outcome of the election? No

Trump and his sycophants can claim that the election was stolen and that what they are doing isn't a coup but a counter-coup but what will be the result if they are successful? The Democrats are not going to go quietly into the night. A civil war is a definite possibility if the election results are overturned. Is trying to achieve 4 more years of Donald Trump worth risking the future of the country over? It's the act of a sociopathic narcissist.
We will know soon enough if Trump is right or full of it.

After 4 years of bombshells against Trump that turned into nothing, I have learned to sit and wait.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:29 am
Didn’t realize you were the official arbiter of when “contesting the election” was over.

Congrats on the promotion.
I'm not. But when the States and Electoral College meet and certifies the winner - it's pretty much over. I guess if you really want to be a stickler, we'll have to wait until Jan. 20.

I didn't realize Republicans cared so little for the integrity of elections that they'd actually defend a man who in his own words is begging for votes and telling a state to just simply say it was a re-calculation.

But I know the Republican answer is some mix of " The Democrats did it" or " after the way Trump was treated he should..." All pathetic excuses, IMO. Have any of you taught your children it's ok to do something simply because someone else did it? Why wouldn't we hold politicians to the same standard?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Raffes told him everything has been reviewed, audited and is accurate. He told Trump that Trumps data is wrong. Trump says plainly - Later he says again, . THen he givess Raffe an explanation to give the voters

I literally posted quotes from the transcript.... :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Raffes told him everything has been reviewed, audited and is accurate. He told Trump that Trumps data is wrong. Trump says plainly - Later he says again, . THen he givess Raffe an explanation to give the voters

I literally posted quotes from the transcript.... :dunce:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:38 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 am I've given Trip a lot of grief about his willingness to burn it all down to get what he wants. With all of the unsubstantiated accusations, inflammatory rhetoric and attempts to overturn the election results, Trump and his sycophants are showing their willingness to do the same.

We will know soon enough if Trump is right or full of it.

After 4 years of bombshells against Trump that turned into nothing, I have learned to sit and wait.
We've known since the 1970s that Trump is full of shit. Every Single Republican that is backing him in Congress, 4.5 years ago, was saying how awful he'd be. We all made jokes about him and knew him as nothing more than a self-aggrandizing, insecure, arrogant man that cares only for himself. I honestly don't know what changed in 2016 to make millions of people feel differently. Is it the (R)?