Not Woke Anymore

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Not Woke Anymore

Post by Col Hogan »

A women’s studies PhD has been faking it for over almost two decades as she realized that Critical Social Justice ideology is destroying American society...

I’m sad to say it, but I believe that Critical Social Justice ideology—if not beaten in the war of ideas—will destroy the liberal foundation of American society. By liberal I mean principles including, but not limited to, constitutional republican government, equality under the law, due process, a commitment to reason and science, individual liberty, and freedom—of speech, of the press, and of religion. Because Critical Social Justice ideology is now the dominant paradigm in American academia, it has flowed into all other major societal institutions, the media, and even corporations. Far from being counter-cultural, Critical Social Justice ideology is now the cultural mainstream. A diverse spectrum of liberals, libertarians, conservatives, and all others who, to put it bluntly, want the American constitution to continue to serve as the basis for our society have to team up to prevent this ideology from destroying our country.
https://newdiscourses.com/2020/12/unive ... qBmCiftOtw
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Not Woke Anymore

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:A women’s studies PhD has been faking it for over almost two decades as she realized that Critical Social Justice ideology is destroying American society...

I’m sad to say it, but I believe that Critical Social Justice ideology—if not beaten in the war of ideas—will destroy the liberal foundation of American society. By liberal I mean principles including, but not limited to, constitutional republican government, equality under the law, due process, a commitment to reason and science, individual liberty, and freedom—of speech, of the press, and of religion. Because Critical Social Justice ideology is now the dominant paradigm in American academia, it has flowed into all other major societal institutions, the media, and even corporations. Far from being counter-cultural, Critical Social Justice ideology is now the cultural mainstream. A diverse spectrum of liberals, libertarians, conservatives, and all others who, to put it bluntly, want the American constitution to continue to serve as the basis for our society have to team up to prevent this ideology from destroying our country.
That’ll get the woke crowd in a tizzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:55 pm
Col Hogan wrote:A women’s studies PhD has been faking it for over almost two decades as she realized that Critical Social Justice ideology is destroying American society...

That’ll get the woke crowd in a tizzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. It's why she writes under a psuedonym.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Social Justice means different things to different people.

This is what I think of as Social Justice, someone going after people because they look different or have different beliefs. Luckily this guy was convicted.

MPR Link

The leader of an anti-government white supremacist militia group and former sheriff's deputy has been convicted of hate crime charges after a pipe bomb attack on a Minnesota mosque in 2017.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Col Hogan wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:03 pm A women’s studies PhD has been faking it for over almost two decades as she realized that Critical Social Justice ideology is destroying American society...
I've only done informal studies of women. But I'm sure I came up with the same conclusion. They're all fucking nuts. :coffee:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 pm Social Justice means different things to different people.
FWIW, when I was on our church parish council we had a social justice committee. They were in charge of charity work. I like that definition.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:59 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 pm Social Justice means different things to different people.
FWIW, when I was on our church parish council we had a social justice committee. They were in charge of charity work. I like that definition.
How would you describe the way the word "justice" is used there?
Charity work has nothing to do with rights or law, at least not without stretching things pretty far.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:08 am

Charity work has nothing to do with rights or law, at least not without stretching things pretty far.
the maintenance or administration of what is just
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:10 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:08 am
OK. But that is probably a minority definition of the word, especially when based on a minority definition of the word just.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:19 am
89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:10 am

OK. But that is probably a minority definition of the word, especially when based on a minority definition of the word just.
I'm not sure your point. Gil said different people had different definitions and I gave an example of one.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:26 am
I'm not sure your point. Gil said different people had different definitions and I gave an example of one.
I like your church’s. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:23 am
Col Hogan wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:03 pm A women’s studies PhD has been faking it for over almost two decades as she realized that Critical Social Justice ideology is destroying American society...
I've only done informal studies of women. But I'm sure I came up with the same conclusion. They're all fucking nuts. :coffee:
I basically took my wife’s African American Studies class for her, researching and writing all the papers without ever attending a lecture. She got a B.

Follow me for awesome insights on black America and how to get reward laid.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

89Hen wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:26 am
Meh. I just think that term, in that particular case, is not the best match for what is being done. It's not incorrect. It's just that it is using a minority definition of the word.

Kind of like "Football". :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Doing the worker of a social worker, basically fits the definition of a social justice action. Caring for others.

Social justice must be founded on care for others, pope tells judges