SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:57 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Yep. My top employee’s sister committed suicide Saturday night. I now know more people who’ve killer themselves than have died from COVID.
Unfortunately, I know more who have died from Covid.
To be fair Gil, you alone represent like 6.93% of the state population of ND.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:41 pm

And he does it while living in Minnesota :lol:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Lol, it's tough dealing with life at times. Suicide is sometimes difficult to diagnose. My cousins son was all-state basketball, loved to hunt and fish, seaminly out of nowhere, took his own life. Others, you know it's coming, just a matter of time. I know one guy that several of us would meet for coffee almost daily. He kept saying he was going to do it. Eventually he went the carbon monoxide route. Sad either way.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:40 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:14 pm

Yep. My top employee’s sister committed suicide Saturday night. I now know more people who’ve killer themselves than have died from COVID.
Jesus that's awful. :ohno:

But you know, lockdown until no one dies or something.
Sort of like how we should regard the elderly and those with comorbidities?

I read the other day that Japan’s suicide rate is up.

It’s all very sad.

I’m just thankful my boys have handled it with grace. More helpful around the house and way more engagement. They understood from the start how serious things were going to get, the underlying health concerns of Mrs. kalm, and haven’t wavered or complained when friends invite them to do things.

Meanwhile, in England, economists from the London School are suggesting a one time wealth asset tax to help float the working class.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:43 pm
kalm wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:18 pm

It does seem to be losing some steam in places but not in WA.

Hope that continues but it could be due to the holiday and in a few weeks, also due to the holiday.
As I was looking at the numbers, I thought the same thing....there were states that didn’t report on Thursday, which caused some 7-day curves to shift, so we shall see if it continues or was a downward blip because of the holiday. On the surface though, it looks good in several areas....
Things turned north again, Klammy….
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:37 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:43 pm

As I was looking at the numbers, I thought the same thing....there were states that didn’t report on Thursday, which caused some 7-day curves to shift, so we shall see if it continues or was a downward blip because of the holiday. On the surface though, it looks good in several areas....
They are? :?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:18 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:40 pm

Jesus that's awful. :ohno:

But you know, lockdown until no one dies or something.

It’s all very sad.

I’m just thankful my boys have handled it with grace. More helpful around the house and way more engagement. They understood from the start how serious things were going to get, the underlying health concerns of Mrs. kalm, and haven’t wavered or complained when friends invite them to do things.

Meanwhile, in England, economists from the London School are suggesting a one time wealth asset tax to help float the working class.
Those at risk can do what they need to do to keep themselves "safe". They shouldn't depend on others to do it for them.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:09 pm

And he does it while living in Minnesota :lol:
:lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:12 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:18 am

It’s all very sad.

Those at risk can do what they need to do to keep themselves "safe". They shouldn't depend on others to do it for them.
Those at risk from suicide can do what they need to do to keep themselves "safe" during a pandemic. They shouldn't depend on others to do it for them.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:25 pm

Those at risk from suicide can do what they need to do to keep themselves "safe" during a pandemic. They shouldn't depend on others to do it for them.
I know a few people that have said, if they out themselves, they are taking a few with them. We see that all the time with murder/homicides.

Topped 3000 deaths today. If, as the Trumpers say, there are as many other deaths, suicide, people dying from putting off health visits, as there are Covid deaths, they we are looking at 6000 deaths today, and nearly 600,000 total deaths directly and indirectly associated with covid.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:15 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:37 am

Yes...we had the discussion right after thanksgiving that the numbers looked better, but it could be because of the holiday reporting, and it turns out that was probably correct....
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:32 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Yes...we had the discussion right after thanksgiving that the numbers looked better, but it could be because of the holiday reporting, and it turns out that was probably correct....
Oh. I thought heading “south” was bad. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Except gubmint is shutting everything down, closing schools, and taking draconian measures that have little, it any, effect in "stopping" the china virus.

Try harder.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:29 pm

I know a few people that have said, if they out themselves, they are taking a few with them. We see that all the time with murder/homicides.

Topped 3000 deaths today. If, as the Trumpers say, there are as many other deaths, suicide, people dying from putting off health visits, as there are Covid deaths, they we are looking at 6000 deaths today, and nearly 600,000 total deaths directly and indirectly associated with covid.
Meh. Our society accepts murdering the unborn which is at about 900k on the year so far. Not sure why people are getting overly worked up over the china virus deaths.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

French Laundry was the place Newsom got busted at having a massive party with healthcare lobbyists at during the shutdown. :rofl:

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:03 pm

Meh. Our society accepts murdering the unborn which is at about 900k on the year so far. Not sure why people are getting overly worked up over the china virus deaths.
We need more level headed people involved to educate people before they start making babies, and how to deal with an planned pregnancy. Same on any hot topic that draws a violent crowd, aka, bombers, rioters, looters.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

We need more level headed people involved to educate people before they start making babies, and how to deal with an unplanned pregnancy. Same on any hot topic that draws a violent crowd, aka, bombers, rioters, looters.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Except gubmint is shutting everything down, closing schools, and taking draconian measures that have little, it any, effect in "stopping" the china virus.

Try harder.
But why? Your low velocity volleys come straight to me.

Have you shared your discoveries on efficacy with the rest of the scientific community? This is great news!

:clap:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:16 am

We need more level headed people involved to educate people before they start making babies, and how to deal with an planned pregnancy. Same on any hot topic that draws a violent crowd, aka, bombers, rioters, looters.
Abortions are bad so Covid deaths are meh.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:08 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:16 am

You don’t see the stupidity in being selective about which lives matter? :dunce: :dunce:

Black Lives Matter - but only if killed by a cop
Black lives don’t matter - if killed in a drive-by shooting by another black person
Cop’s lives don’t matter
White lives don’t matter - unless you die with COVID or from COVID
Unborn babies lives don’t matter
COVID patients lives matter
Suicides lives don’t matter
The OTHER 4,000 people dying every day don’t matter (unless they happen to die WITH COVID)

It’s truly dizzying trying to keep up.
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:24 am
kalm wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:08 am

You don’t see the stupidity in being selective about which lives matter? :dunce: :dunce:
All lives matter. :coffee:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

kalm wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:26 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:24 am

Yes they do. Not sure why Right Wingers keep arguing about taking precautions to protect EVERYONE from getting the Trump Virus.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:32 am
kalm wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:26 am

Yes they do. Not sure why Right Wingers keep arguing about taking precautions to protect EVERYONE from getting the Trump Virus.

Again, the left’s actions over the past 4 years would cast serious doubt on your statement that you think all lives matter.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:33 am
mainejeff wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:32 am

Again, the left’s actions over the past 4 years would cast serious doubt on your statement that you think all lives matter.
What did the "Left" do?
Go Black Bears!