Political discussions
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

The Republican Base

Post by JohnStOnge »

The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Republican base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Hitler and Mussolini consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Republican base is the dark underbelly of United State culture. It is a big problem because traditional Republican leadership is not willing to reject what the Republican base has become.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: The Republican Base

Post by HI54UNI »

If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:50 pm The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Republican base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Hitler and Mussolini consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Republican base is the dark underbelly of United State culture. It is a big problem because traditional Republican leadership is not willing to reject what the Republican base has become.
Your bastardization and lack of comprehension of history is perhaps only eclipsed by your similar inability to grasp economic theory. If any scales have fallen from people's eyes, it's from most of us who thought, despite your weird penchant for rambling and non-sensical posts (pro-drunk driving, pro racial discrimination, and pro-NAMBLA, to just name a few), that you were a somewhat intelligent poster. Thankfully, we now know the opposite to be true. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Good idea for a thread HI54UNI!Image
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

This is the only suitable response to a JSO post. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Listen, I dislike Trump as much as the next rational person and his cult is mind boggling - but don't let them ruin your day. Jeesh! Get a hobby (one that doesn't involve Trump).
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:31 am

Listen, I dislike Trump as much as the next rational person and his cult is mind boggling - but don't let them ruin your day. Jeesh! Get a hobby (one that doesn't involve Trump).
Or statistics. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:34 am

Yes. Thanks for the assist. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Btw...keep an eye on your mailbox. Greetings from the South are en-route.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JSO has been Fivered again!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JSO is clearly backwards here. Trump is facing a Lincoln type national emergency and needs to take Lincoln type actions. When a former Justice department attorney now representing the president...oops I mean the people...and a retired general turned national security advisor are calling for violence and Marshall law to re-do the election, you know shit just got real...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo ... 08613.html
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:50 pm The scales have fallen from my eyes over the past 5 years. The problem we have in this country is that the Republican base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Hitler and Mussolini consolidating power in the 20th century. We have learned that the Republican base is the dark underbelly of United State culture. It is a big problem because traditional Republican leadership is not willing to reject what the Republican base has become.
Very well said. Your best work since Edition 3, Version 2.1, Chapter 17 of "Why Trump Voters are Rubes Volume 61."
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:15 am
Very well said. Your best work since Edition 3, Version 2.1 of "Why Trump Voters are Rubes Volume 61."
They’re not all rubes. I’m sure some of them simply value their tax rate over kindness and grace.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:34 am

Or economic theory.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:17 am
Pwns wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:15 am

Very well said. Your best work since Edition 3, Version 2.1 of "Why Trump Voters are Rubes Volume 61."
They’re not all rubes. I’m sure some of them simply value their tax rate over kindness and grace.
Exactly. I value my tax rate, making idiot organizations (UN, NATO countries, etc) pay their fair share, reducing regulatory burden, strengthening borders, calling China on their shit, low unemployment, low inflation, record stock markets, record economic growth, common sense prison reform, and a host of other things more than I value kindness and grace. Dude is a giant, lying narcissist, but at the end of the day the policies he’s implemented are what I support, in spite of him. Conservatives are able to separate the man from his policies. Snowflake libs are unable to. They’d rather elect a bumbling idiot who’s nice and kowtows to the vocal minority in his party than a narcissist with a mean streak who gets shit done to make our country a better place while running his mouth incessantly.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:13 pm

Exactly. I value my tax rate, making idiot organizations (UN, NATO countries, etc) pay their fair share, reducing regulatory burden, strengthening borders, calling China on their shit, low unemployment, low inflation, record stock markets, record economic growth, common sense prison reform, and a host of other things more than I value kindness and grace. Dude is a giant, lying narcissist, but at the end of the day the policies he’s implemented are what I support, in spite of him. Conservatives are able to separate the man from his policies. Snowflake libs are unable to. They’d rather elect a bumbling idiot who’s nice and kowtows to the vocal minority in his party than a narcissist with a mean streak who gets shit done to make our country a better place while running his mouth incessantly.
This is the 3rd best post in this thread. 5er and WB get the top spots for obvious reasons. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:15 pm

This is the 3rd best post in this thread. 5er and WB get the top spots for obvious reasons. :coffee:
I’ll take that. :nod: :nod: :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I guess I should have put “/thread” after this, huh Klammy? Got no witty comeback? Nothing to add? No pithy response?

I’m disappointed. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:20 am

I guess I should have put “/thread” after this, huh Klammy? Got no witty comeback? Nothing to add? No pithy response?

I figured I’d just let you and Chester the terrier...I mean SD...bask in your Trump love.

I think you can have a great country AND kindness and grace at the same time.

:coffee:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Clearly a Democrat. Or maybe a Libertarian.
Could I ever be a star?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:20 am

I figured I’d just let you and Chester the terrier...I mean SD...bask in your Trump love.

I think you can have a great country AND kindness and grace at the same time.

:coffee:
I do too...unfortunately those weren’t the choices presented to us. And given the vitriol spewed by both sides, it probably WON’T be presented to us for the foreseeable future.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Look guys. The Republican base is clearly a problem for this country. You even see it with this COVID-19 thing. It's mostly the Republican base buying into conspiracy theories and in denial. People aren't dying FROM COVID, they are dying WITH COVID. Not. Masks don't work. Not. Hydroxychloriquine cures it. Not. It's going to go away after November 3. Not. We can't function effectively as a country because we've got like 40% of the country...the hard core Republican base...totally detached from reality and believing a bunch of bullshit sources of information.

I have written in the past that there are problems with the Democrat base. I have used the term "zombie voters" for people that vote by reflexively Democrat. But we have gotten to the point where the Republican base is worse. It has become the party of willful ignorance.
Could I ever be a star?

mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:38 pm Look guys. The Republican base is clearly a problem for this country. You even see it with this COVID-19 thing. It's mostly the Republican base buying into conspiracy theories and in denial. People aren't dying FROM COVID, they are dying WITH COVID. Not. Masks don't work. Not. Hydroxychloriquine cures it. Not. It's going to go away after November 3. Not. We can't function effectively as a country because we've got like 40% of the country...the hard core Republican base...totally detached from reality and believing a bunch of bullshit sources of information.

I have written in the past that there are problems with the Democrat base. I have used the term "zombie voters" for people that vote by reflexively Democrat. But we have gotten to the point where the Republican base is worse. It has become the party of willful ignorance.
Amen John. They don't want to wear a mask.....they don't want to take a vaccine.....they are a bunch of anti-anything personalities. They basically want a free-for-all in EVERY aspect of our lives. That won't work in a "civilized" world in 2020. We need to get rid of Trump first....it won't solve everything but the further away we get from that azzhole...the better. :thumb:
Go Black Bears!
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

mainejeff wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:51 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:38 pm Look guys. The Republican base is clearly a problem for this country. You even see it with this COVID-19 thing. It's mostly the Republican base buying into conspiracy theories and in denial. People aren't dying FROM COVID, they are dying WITH COVID. Not. Masks don't work. Not. Hydroxychloriquine cures it. Not. It's going to go away after November 3. Not. We can't function effectively as a country because we've got like 40% of the country...the hard core Republican base...totally detached from reality and believing a bunch of bullshit sources of information.

Amen John. They don't want to wear a mask.....they don't want to take a vaccine.....they are a bunch of anti-anything personalities. They basically want a free-for-all in EVERY aspect of our lives. That won't work in a "civilized" world in 2020. We need to get rid of Trump first....it won't solve everything but the further away we get from that azzhole...the better. :thumb:
Lookie here Cuomo is now a Conk :lol:

No, jeff. Americans are sick and tired of Donk politicians shutting down businesses, forcing people to wear masks, banning gatherings, encouraging people not to travel for the holidays while they are vacationing in Cabo, attending private gatherings, and not wearing the masks they require everyone else to wear.

So take your sanctimonious fake outrage and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. :kisswink:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Hey Baldfvck....get over your Donk hate and wear a GD mask for your fellow Americans at risk. This has been a total shitshow thanks to your CULT...azzhole.
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Wow.....the Arizona Republican Party is off the rails.....

https://twitter.com/AZGOP?ref_src=twsrc ... r%5Eauthor
Go Black Bears!
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:50 pm the Republican base is largely composed of the kind of people that allowed for things like Hitler and Mussolini consolidating power in the 20th century.
:suspicious: