2020 NBA Draft

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

2020 NBA Draft

Post by Gil Dobie »

Minnesota Timberwolves are on the clock.

Top 3 options are:
Anthony Edwards - Georiga
LaMello Ball
James Wiseman - Memphis

Or do the Wolves make a trade.

Most outlets have the Wolves taking Ball or Edwards. Siakim and Aaron Gordon have been mentioned as players the Wolves would like to trade for.
Wolves also have the 17 and 31st pics tonight.

Who's on your teams radar.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: 2020 NBA Draft

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:01 am Minnesota Timberwolves are on the clock.

Top 3 options are:
LaMello Ball
James Wiseman - Memphis

Most outlets have the Wolves taking Ball or Edwards. Siakim and Aaron Gordon have been mentioned as players the Wolves would like to trade for.

Maybe Edwards could play for the Wolves and Vikings ...
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:05 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:01 am Minnesota Timberwolves are on the clock.

Top 3 options are:
LaMello Ball
James Wiseman - Memphis

Maybe Edwards could play for the Wolves and Vikings ...
Not a bad actor
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Latest is the Bulls want Wiseman and might be willing to trade up with the Wolves
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Top 3 options are:
LaMello Ball
James Wiseman - Memphis

Robert Covington. :lol:

Seriously, though, I've sat through the years since the Blazers drafted Lillard and then McCollum, and then try to get the pieces around them through the draft that will somehow transform the Blazers into an instant contender. You hope your team picks the right player and you hope that player grows into a superstar, but all that takes time (if it ever happens). I was glad to see the Blazers pick in this year's draft go over to Houston and we can get a proven player on the roster to at least keep us in the conversation. Lillard is the best player for the Blazers since Drexler and we need to at least try to be a contender, and that wasn't going to happen by making pick after pick in the draft.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:54 pm

Top 3 options are:
LaMello Ball
James Wiseman - Memphis

Seriously, though, I've sat through the years since the Blazers drafted Lillard and then McCollum, and then try to get the pieces around them through the draft that will somehow transform the Blazers into an instant contender. You hope your team picks the right player and you hope that player grows into a superstar, but all that takes time (if it ever happens). I was glad to see the Blazers pick in this year's draft go over to Houston and we can get a proven player on the roster to at least keep us in the conversation. Lillard is the best player for the Blazers since Drexler and we need to at least try to be a contender, and that wasn't going to happen by making pick after pick in the draft.
That's a great point. Timberwolves have had more flops than heroes in the draft. Trading the pick away for a Gordon or Siakim would be best for them.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

I should point out as well that the comments from Edwards regarding his love of football more than his love of basketball could be alarming. I recall Greg Oden's interview before the draft that he said he had always wanted to become a dentist and always aspired to be a dentist growing up (then he got too big, he said).

Whatever you end up doing, you have to love it 100% in order to be the best at it.

http://permanenttooth.blogspot.com/2007 ... ntist.html
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:26 pm I should point out as well that the comments from Edwards regarding his love of football more than his love of basketball could be alarming. I recall Greg Oden's interview before the draft that he said he had always wanted to become a dentist and always aspired to be a dentist growing up (then he got too big, he said).

Whatever you end up doing, you have to love it 100% in order to be the best at it.

I think the super stars from this draft might be after the top 3. Kid from France is suppose to be a great player too.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:34 pm
JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:26 pm I should point out as well that the comments from Edwards regarding his love of football more than his love of basketball could be alarming. I recall Greg Oden's interview before the draft that he said he had always wanted to become a dentist and always aspired to be a dentist growing up (then he got too big, he said).

I think the super stars from this draft might be after the top 3. Kid from France is suppose to be a great player too.
It's a weird draft, that's for sure. Could be a real dud of a class or you could find some gems. Just no sure thing anywhere in the draft, and losing March Madness and then having the draft 6 months later than normal has just clouded it further.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

A draft class with 5 All-Stars is generally considered a "good" draft. Most of the kids will be some sort of role players with one or two really good years in the league. And some will wash away. Sadly, past drafts are littered with "can't-miss" players who, for one reason or another, missed, either through their own fault or the faults of others.

This draft will be especially interesting in that the whole process was rushed. Almost like throwing darts.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when, after KAT requests some extra practice time with him, Edwards tells him "Sorry, Falcons are in town. Maybe some other time".
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

The Knicks took OBI TOPPIN from Dayton supposedly he was listed as a POWER FORWARD but he only average 7.7 RPG.he needs to hit the weights he weighs 220 that is more like a SMALL FORWARD instead.He has a 20 PPG average.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:54 pm

Top 3 options are:
LaMello Ball
James Wiseman - Memphis

Lillard would not have that title if BRANDON ROY'S career had not ended due to injury he could have been the next CLYDE DREXLER.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Busy night, the Timberwolves drafted Edwards at #1, trade #17 for Ricky Rubio and picks, draft. The Wolves used the No. 25 pick from Oklahoma City acquired in the Rubio trade and the No. 33 pick to move up to No. 23 overall and select Leandro Bolmaro, a 6-foot-7 shooting guard out of Argentina. Minnesota selected Washington forward Jaden McDaniels with the No. 28 pick.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:23 pm A draft class with 5 All-Stars is generally considered a "good" draft. Most of the kids will be some sort of role players with one or two really good years in the league. And some will wash away. Sadly, past drafts are littered with "can't-miss" players who, for one reason or another, missed, either through their own fault or the faults of others.

This draft will be especially interesting in that the whole process was rushed. Almost like throwing darts.
The draft was delayed almost half a year. This was literally the most drawn out draft period in the history of the NBA. How is that rushed? :suspicious:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

I like what the Sixers did. Got rid of the Horford contract (and the Horford player). Got rid of Josh Richardson who didn't really seem to fit and didn't seem to be anything particularly well. Picked up two experienced and good shooters in Green and Curry, and even picked up a young project in Ferguson in the OKC trade to go along with the trio of college kids they picked in the draft (Maxey from UK - good scorer, Reed from DePaul - a big kid, and Joe from Arkansas - potential shooter). And they only really lost one #1 pick in 2025 through all of this. Never know what the drafted kids will end up being, but changing out Horford and Richardson for Danny Green and Seth Curry (along with something like $13M in cap space) is a pretty good night. :thumb:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:58 am I like what the Sixers did. Got rid of the Horford contract (and the Horford player). Got rid of Josh Richardson who didn't really seem to fit and didn't seem to be anything particularly well. Picked up two experienced and good shooters in Green and Curry, and even picked up a young project in Ferguson in the OKC trade to go along with the trio of college kids they picked in the draft (Maxey from UK - good scorer, Reed from DePaul - a big kid, and Joe from Arkansas - potential shooter). And they only really lost one #1 pick in 2025 through all of this. Never know what the drafted kids will end up being, but changing out Horford and Richardson for Danny Green and Seth Curry (along with something like $13M in cap space) is a pretty good night. :thumb:
Curry is a good pickup for you guys. Very underrated player. People need to stop referring him only as "Steph's brother". He is a dangerous 3-point shooter in his own right.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Maryland player goes #10. Good for the program.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:03 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:58 am I like what the Sixers did. Got rid of the Horford contract (and the Horford player). Got rid of Josh Richardson who didn't really seem to fit and didn't seem to be anything particularly well. Picked up two experienced and good shooters in Green and Curry, and even picked up a young project in Ferguson in the OKC trade to go along with the trio of college kids they picked in the draft (Maxey from UK - good scorer, Reed from DePaul - a big kid, and Joe from Arkansas - potential shooter). And they only really lost one #1 pick in 2025 through all of this. Never know what the drafted kids will end up being, but changing out Horford and Richardson for Danny Green and Seth Curry (along with something like $13M in cap space) is a pretty good night. :thumb:
Curry is a good pickup for you guys. Very underrated player. People need to stop referring him only as "Steph's brother". He is a dangerous 3-point shooter in his own right.
Agreed - I liked him last year with the Mavs, opened my eyes up to him. Surprised that the Mavs let him go for just Richardson and a second rounder. I didn't like Richardson last year, but maybe he'll mesh better with the Mavs.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Blazers so far...

Trade Trevor Ariza to Houston for Robert Covington
Trade Mario Hezonja in a three team trade and get Enes Kanter from the Celtics
Resign Rodney Hood