2020 Election Predictions

Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

2020 Election Predictions

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Probably should have started this before early voting started... but, a week to go works.

President:
Biden 334, Trump 204

Senate:
50/50 split.

D +3

Pickups: Colorado, Arizona, North Carolina, Maine
Losses: Alabama

House:
Hard to pay attention to these in any detail. Democrats pick up a handful. I'll say +5.

To shit on other people's predictions, you need to post your own. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: 2020 Election Predictions

Post by Pwns »

This is purely anecdotal but I know someone on the board of elections in a purple county in Georgia who is saying they're getting lots of Biden Ballots that are all GOP on the down-ballot races.

I'd flip Florida and Arizona on Jelly's map to Trump and say the GOP keeps the senate majority.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

President
Biden 313 - most of the Rust Belt going back to Ds
Trump 225 - wins Pennsylvania plus most of the states he won in 2016

Senate
Flips to D but still a slim majority, maybe +4.

HoR
I think it stays in D hands
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Pwns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:06 am This is purely anecdotal but I know someone on the board of elections in a purple county in Georgia who is saying they're getting lots of Biden Ballots that are all GOP on the down-ballot races.

I'd flip Florida and Arizona on Jelly's map to Trump and say the GOP keeps the senate majority.
That'd be an interesting rebuke. Keep the Reps in the Senate but vote out their leader.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I'd also say, with respect to polls, that 2020 is really different. For 1, you don't have 2 unlikable, dishonest, corrupt scumbags running. Biden is far more likable than HRC ever was.

Also, at this stage in 2016, Clinton and Trump were much closer than Biden and Trump are. PLUS, there haven't been any October Surprises like Comey's letter. I don't think the Hunter Biden stories have moved the needle much, if any.

538 has done some interesting analysis around 2016 polling.
On average since 1972, polls in the final 21 days of presidential elections have missed the actual margins in those races by 4.6 percentage points, almost exactly matching the 4.8-point error we saw in 2016.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/th ... all-right/
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:16 am I'd also say, with respect to polls, that 2020 is really different. For 1, you don't have 2 unlikable, dishonest, corrupt scumbags running. Biden is far more likable than HRC ever was.

Also, at this stage in 2016, Clinton and Trump were much closer than Biden and Trump are. PLUS, there haven't been any October Surprises like Comey's letter. I don't think the Hunter Biden stories have moved the needle much, if any.

On average since 1972, polls in the final 21 days of presidential elections have missed the actual margins in those races by 4.6 percentage points, almost exactly matching the 4.8-point error we saw in 2016.
Agree with you about Biden being more likable, but not dishonest and a corrupt scumbag? :rofl:

My prediction is that the DNC steals this election for Biden. PA is his with ballots being able to count with no postmark, that alone will make it hard for Trump to win.

Not sure on the Senate, haven't looked too closely at it tbh. House stays D.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Trump wins, Senate stays red, House blue.

If I give score predictions, they’re on gameday before kickoff, or a day or 2 before.

FWIW Vegas now has it 290 Biden, 248 Trump (the betting cents are constantly fluctuating)..
https://www.predictit.org/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Pwns wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:06 am This is purely anecdotal but I know someone on the board of elections in a purple county in Georgia who is saying they're getting lots of Biden Ballots that are all GOP on the down-ballot races.

That would be Biden 294, Trump 244.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Biden wins the top spot. Too lazy for numbers.

Democrats win ME, AZ and CO Senate seats and the R's win AL. The runoff in GA for the appointed seat will be a bloodbath for control of the Senate.

The House stays as is. Who has time for the numbers.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:27 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:16 am I'd also say, with respect to polls, that 2020 is really different. For 1, you don't have 2 unlikable, dishonest, corrupt scumbags running. Biden is far more likable than HRC ever was.

Agree with you about Biden being more likable, but not dishonest and a corrupt scumbag? :rofl:

My prediction is that the DNC steals this election for Biden. PA is his with ballots being able to count with no postmark, that alone will make it hard for Trump to win.

I'm not sure what proof there is of him being corrupt (and to be honest I haven't looked deep into it) but he isn't corrupt when compared to Clinton and Or a NYC Real Estate developer during a time when the mafia ran NYC and the construction industry there.

Hunter Biden may be unethical but I haven't seen irrefutable proof that Papa Joe was involved.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:39 am

I'm not sure what proof there is of him being corrupt (and to be honest I haven't looked deep into it) but he isn't corrupt when compared to Clinton and Or a NYC Real Estate developer during a time when the mafia ran NYC and the construction industry there.

Hunter Biden may be unethical but I haven't seen irrefutable proof that Papa Joe was involved.
I don't think he's as corrupt and dishonest as Trump or Hillary but he's a politician who became wealthy as a public servant so I think he's dishonest and at least a little corrupt. He showed extremely poor judgement and/or disdain for regular Americans by letting Hunter do the things that he did. He has accomplished very little in the many years of public service and his greatest qualifications for office seem to be that he's not as bad as the other choices and that it's his turn.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Hunter laptop scandal, plus the fact that Biden has enriched himself during his career as a politician. Yeah no different than any other scumbag career politician, but the narratives are that Biden isn't like that even though it's obvious that he is.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:54 am

I don't think he's as corrupt and dishonest as Trump or Hillary but he's a politician who became wealthy as a public servant so I think he's dishonest and at least a little corrupt. He showed extremely poor judgement and/or disdain for regular Americans by letting Hunter do the things that he did. He has accomplished very little in the many years of public service and his greatest qualifications for office seem to be that he's not as bad as the other choices and that it's his turn.
Bingo.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

I'm on record as of August 8 claiming Trump takes 37 states.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I get what you're saying and I agree that I hate Biden less than Hilary, but I wouldn't exactly pin the honest, not corrupt tag on him just yet. His best chance to avoid having a terrible legacy is the 25th Amendment so he can go back to the basement.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:34 pm
I get what you're saying and I agree that I hate Biden less than Hilary, but I wouldn't exactly pin the honest, not corrupt tag on him just yet. His best chance to avoid having a terrible legacy is the 25th Amendment so he can go back to the basement.
:lol: :lol: Well played.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

2016 - 6 days prior to election:
Gil wrote:I'm getting 364 to 174 H-Rod, the Candy Kaine can be President.
BDK wrote:Looking at the RCP map (with links to all recent state polls) I think Trump takes all the gray toss ups except for CO and NH. That = Clinton 272, Trump 266. That my prediction.

But I'll say it here: if Trump can win EITHER CO or PA, he will win. If he can't he loses. I'd give him about a 30-40% chance...
93 wrote:I still think Hilldog takes it, but in more of a nailbiter than she expected. Something like 287-251
89 wrote:I still think Clinton big
And in true fence riding position....
Ibanez wrote:I wonder what the chances are both get 269
:lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:49 pm 2016 - 6 days prior to election:
Gil wrote:I'm getting 364 to 174 H-Rod, the Candy Kaine can be President.
BDK wrote:Looking at the RCP map (with links to all recent state polls) I think Trump takes all the gray toss ups except for CO and NH. That = Clinton 272, Trump 266. That my prediction.

But I'll say it here: if Trump can win EITHER CO or PA, he will win. If he can't he loses. I'd give him about a 30-40% chance...
93 wrote:I still think Hilldog takes it, but in more of a nailbiter than she expected. Something like 287-251
89 wrote:I still think Clinton big
And in true fence riding position....
Ibanez wrote:I wonder what the chances are both get 269
:lol:
:lol: knowing me, that comment was probably made in jest. Or just being an ass. I, like everyone, figured Clinton had it in the bag.

Btw, post the thread that's from. I'd like to see how far off we all were.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

2012 thread for a trip down memory lane
https://championshipsubdivision.com/for ... ns#p713717
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:53 pm Btw, post the thread that's from. I'd like to see how far off we all were.
Not that many put an actual number up. Kalm of course posted a lot of fodder but didn't stick his neck out at all.

It's a mega-long thread. Page 90 is a week prior to election day.

https://championshipsubdivision.com/for ... 10&t=45449
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:38 am Trump wins, Senate stays red, House blue.

If I give score predictions, they’re on gameday before kickoff, or a day or 2 before.

FWIW Vegas now has it 290 Biden, 248 Trump (the betting cents are constantly fluctuating)..
https://www.predictit.org/
This.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:56 pm
Ibanez wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:53 pm Btw, post the thread that's from. I'd like to see how far off we all were.
Not that many put an actual number up. Kalm of course posted a lot of fodder but didn't stick his neck out at all.

I called it for Trump on here in July IIRC along with AZ.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:03 pm
89Hen wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:56 pm

I called it for Trump on here in July IIRC along with AZ.
For this election or 2016?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:30 pm 2012 thread for a trip down memory lane
https://championshipsubdivision.com/for ... ns#p713717
Good find. Oh and back when JSO was a "conservative":
JohnStOnge wrote:Obama will win. As usual, the people who make this country work will vote majority Republican and the parasites will vote Democrat. And there are too many parasites. Throw in a pinch of illegal voting...which always works to the Democrats favor...in a close election. Voilà! A totally unqualified individual with a completely wrong world view is President again.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:52 am Probably should have started this before early voting started... but, a week to go works.
No, because that would have been back in Sept, before the 3 scheduled debates, + any Oct surprises, + any # of other factors that can effect the race in the last month, or even last week or 2.

I couldn’t find a separate prediction thread for 2016, but people were making scoreboard predictions the week before hand in the big thread.

Best time to make a score prediction is the day before gameday.