Why I'm holding my nose and voting for Trump...

Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Why I'm holding my nose and voting for Trump...

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:52 am
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:44 am

His base is literally the peanut gallery.

:nod: :lol:
I believe it's spelled "basket of irredeemable deplorables". I also spell it as "voters". :coffee:
Yes, they are voters and I am referring to his base. You are aware of their style, no? :coffee:

“A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville, a nickname for the cheapest and ostensibly rowdiest seats in the theater, the occupants of which were often known to heckle the performers.[1] The least expensive snack served at the theatre would often be peanuts, which the patrons would sometimes throw at the performers on stage to convey their disapproval. Phrases such as "no comments from the peanut gallery" or "quiet in the peanut gallery" are extensions of the name“

A peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville, a nickname for the cheapest and ostensibly rowdiest seats in the theater, the occupants of which were often known to heckle the performers.[1] The least expensive snack served at the theatre would often be peanuts, which the patrons would sometimes throw at the performers on stage to convey their disapproval. Phrases such as "no comments from the peanut gallery" or "quiet in the peanut gallery" are extensions of the name
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:32 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:00 am Biden and those he will appoint will be better. It’s not even close. :lol:
Better at being uniters? No.
Ignore Trump’s actions and words as much as you’d like. :thumb:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:10 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:33 am :suspicious:
The leader of the Republican Party is a billionaire. The richest Senator and Representative are both Republicans. Not to mention McConnel and Romney. Pelosi is wealthy, as are several others but I honestly couldn't name them. Unless i'm way off base, the wealthiest "leaders" we have are Republicans.

According to open secrets, the wealthy back the Republicans more than the Democrats, though that can ebb and flow with election cycle and candidate.
According to the filings, McConnell makes them look like paupers.
The office holders are mere lackey in the hands of the real "fat cats". They serve at the pleasure of their " owners". Of course it could be true that they are just publically Dems to keep the peasants from dragging them from their homes.

And let's not forget that Warner, Feinstein and Blumenthal make McConnell look like a pauper.

According the filings by the congresspeople themselves, McConnel makes those 3 look like paupers.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:42 pm
The leader of the Republican Party is a billionaire. The richest Senator and Representative are both Republicans. Not to mention McConnel and Romney. Pelosi is wealthy, as are several others but I honestly couldn't name them. Unless i'm way off base, the wealthiest "leaders" we have are Republicans.

According to open secrets, the wealthy back the Republicans more than the Democrats, though that can ebb and flow with election cycle and candidate.
The wealthiest among us are firmly entrenched members of the Woke Party.
Bezos
Gates
Zuckerberg
Buffett
Ballmer
Page
Brin
Bloomberg
Knight

Of the top 20 wealthiest people in the U.S., there are really only three who stick out to me that have any Conkiness to them: Sheldon Adelson, Larry Ellison, and Charles Koch. There are a few who seem to be pretty a-political too.
Of the 50 richest families, 28 mainly donate to Republicans and only seven contribute mainly to Democrats.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiasavch ... crats/amp/
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:12 pm
89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:32 pm

Better at being uniters? No.
That's your only possible retort. Biden is NOT a uniter. You'd have a hard time coming up with one that is.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:08 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:12 pm

That's your only possible retort. Biden is NOT a uniter. You'd have a hard time coming up with one that is.
I’m not saying he’s a a rockstar uniter. He’s simply way better than Trump who intentionally sews division to a point where even the Leadbolts of the world call him asinine and more sober Republican politicians and pundits have become never-Trumpers. He’s already done some long term damage to the party.

Your feelings on this and much of the irrational vitriol towards a centrist Dem candidate who’s learned to work with Republicans his whole career, voted for conservative legislation, and even this week has stated he’s considering Republican appointees stems from tribalism.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

I hope they don’t ask Trump any tough questions tonight. He’s too much of a pussy to handle them.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:41 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Wrong.
Okay Mr. Peanut ...

:D
A 4D peanut! :thumb:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:31 pm

I’m not saying he’s a a rockstar uniter. He’s simply way better than Trump who intentionally sews division to a point where even the Leadbolts of the world call him asinine and more sober Republican politicians and pundits have become never-Trumpers. He’s already done some long term damage to the party.

Your feelings on this and much of the irrational vitriol towards a centrist Dem candidate who’s learned to work with Republicans his whole career, voted for conservative legislation, and even this week has stated he’s considering Republican appointees stems from tribalism.
:lol: You're just upset Trump won't roll over and get pummeled like George Bush and all the other Never Trumpers.

Klam's got a TDS fever. :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:27 am
Doesn't sound like a hot mike to me.
And those 2 idiots are too stupid to realize that the military counts those flyovers as seat time for their pilots, which they have to have a certain # of hours of every month.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:36 pm
TheDancinMonarch wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:10 pm
According to the filings, McConnell makes them look like paupers.
The office holders are mere lackey in the hands of the real "fat cats". They serve at the pleasure of their " owners". Of course it could be true that they are just publically Dems to keep the peasants from dragging them from their homes.

And let's not forget that Warner, Feinstein and Blumenthal make McConnell look like a pauper.

According the filings by the congresspeople themselves, McConnel makes those 3 look like paupers.
Warner, Feinsten, and Blumenthal are all richer than Cocaine Mitch.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-ric ... million-15

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... _by_wealth

I also think it is important to look at how they became wealthy. Did they become successful in business? Did they inherit? Or did they become rich while serving in Congress?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:33 am
TheDancinMonarch wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:00 am

This is the 21st century. The "fat cats" are the Democrats.
:suspicious:

Its not that lopsided. Its about 55-45..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:40 pm
Baldy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:42 pm
The wealthiest among us are firmly entrenched members of the Woke Party.
Bezos
Gates
Zuckerberg
Buffett
Ballmer
Page
Brin
Bloomberg
Knight

Of the top 20 wealthiest people in the U.S., there are really only three who stick out to me that have any Conkiness to them: Sheldon Adelson, Larry Ellison, and Charles Koch. There are a few who seem to be pretty a-political too.
Of the 50 richest families, 28 mainly donate to Republicans and only seven contribute mainly to Democrats.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katiasavch ... crats/amp/
First line says...
This article is more than 6 years old.
:lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:11 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:36 pm

Warner, Feinsten, and Blumenthal are all richer than Cocaine Mitch.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-ric ... million-15

I also think it is important to look at how they became wealthy. Did they become successful in business? Did they inherit? Or did they become rich while serving in Congress?
My post is based off of open secrets and forbes article. https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2020/0 ... lionaires/ Last updated this year based off their filings. I see I misread the paragraph around Pelosi. My mistake.

But you make a great distinction and probably the most important one - did they become rich while serving the country. You cannot fault someone from their business acumen or being born into a wealthy family and inheriting money.

I think my point, which you all are missing, is that the fat cats are both Rs and Ds.
Last edited by Ibanez on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:14 pm

Its not that lopsided. Its about 55-45..
I didn't say it was lopsided.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:40 pm

:lol: You're just upset Trump won't roll over and get pummeled like George Bush and all the other Never Trumpers.

Klam's got a TDS fever. :lol:
You mean like offering more in stimulus than Pelosi? Or was it begrudgingly wearing a mask and accepting social distancing? Maybe it was draining the Swamp? Or his bromance with Kim Jong Un?

Oh...I know...it’s lowering the deficit and working longer hours instead of playing golf like Obama.

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

:lol: No
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I'm a life long registered D. I've voted 3rd party for POTUS starting in 2012 and actually spent time deciding who to vote for on state and local elections. I'll be voting down ballot R for the first time in my life this time around with little to no research on the candidates themselves. The D's willingness to enable the rioting and lack of safety for their constituents made this election a no-brainer for me.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:41 am I'm a life long registered D. I've voted 3rd party for POTUS starting in 2012 and actually spent time deciding who to vote for on state and local elections. I'll be voting down ballot R for the first time in my life this time around with little to no research on the candidates themselves. The D's willingness to enable the rioting and lack of safety for their constituents made this election a no-brainer for me.
So how do you feel about the obvious efforts by the Republicans to suppress voting all over the country?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:16 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:41 am I'm a life long registered D. I've voted 3rd party for POTUS starting in 2012 and actually spent time deciding who to vote for on state and local elections. I'll be voting down ballot R for the first time in my life this time around with little to no research on the candidates themselves. The D's willingness to enable the rioting and lack of safety for their constituents made this election a no-brainer for me.
So how do you feel about the obvious efforts by the Republicans to suppress voting all over the country?
So how do you fee about the obvious efforts by the Democrats to promote looting and rioting and destroy cities across America?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Illicit voting should be suppressed. That’s what the R’s are trying to suppress. The false narrative that arose around Stacey Abrams defeat in GA lives on only in the imagination of whacked out D’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:33 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:16 pm

So how do you fee about the obvious efforts by the Democrats to promote looting and rioting and destroy cities across America?
False premise to your question. There is no obvious effort like that by the Democrats. But there is an obvious effort by Republicans to suppress voting. Like the Secretary of State of Texas trying to stop drive up voting in Harris County even though the people who do that have to go through all of the stuff people have to go through when they walk into a polling place. Or like Republicans in Pennsylvania trying to stop mail in votes postmarked by election day from being counted if they are received a few days later. Note that they know, as we all do, that a greater percentage of Democrats are going to vote by mail. What's going on is obvious.

No Democrat has promoted looting and rioting. Republicans are CLEARLY trying to do things to make it more difficult for people in Democrat friendly areas to vote and to inhibit vote by mail.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:39 pm
False premise to your question. There is no obvious effort like that by the Democrats. But there is an obvious effort by Republicans to suppress voting. Like the Secretary of State of Texas trying to stop drive up voting in Harris County even though the people who do that have to go through all of the stuff people have to go through when they walk into a polling place. Or like Republicans in Pennsylvania trying to stop mail in votes postmarked by election day from being counted if they are received a few days later. Note that they know, as we all do, that a greater percentage of Democrats are going to vote by mail. What's going on is obvious.

No Democrat has promoted looting and rioting. Republicans are CLEARLY trying to do things to make it more difficult for people in Democrat friendly areas to vote and to inhibit vote by mail.
You're bias causes you to focus on things that are negatives for Trump rather than seeing the entire situation.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 pm

You're bias causes you to focus on things that are negatives for Trump rather than seeing the entire situation.
88 we appreciate the effort but it’s falling on deaf ears.

If John can’t admit that Dems have OPENLY advocated for looting and rioting, then he’s not going to understand or acknowledge your message.

I mean, there are literally DOZENS of videos of left wing politicians attempting to incite violence if they don’t get their way.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »