Why I'm holding my nose and voting for Trump...

Political discussions
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Why I'm holding my nose and voting for Trump...

Post by SeattleGriz »

CAA Flagship wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:29 pm
89Hen wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:27 pm

:rofl: You're so cute.
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :rofl:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:45 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 am
I would add that you DO have to look at the character of the person. If someone is known to have no integrity, for instance, then you know won't be able to trust them. If I can't trust my leader, I can'e vote for them. The policies are important, but the personality is equally important. If their personality is so vile that that can't work with both parties, then it doesn't really matter how good their policies may be b/c they'll never get anywhere.

It's difficult to reconcile the character of a candidate with their positions and what they want to do. But you also need to take into account that while the President can support ideas and have an agenda - he's basically powerless if he can't work with 535 Congresspeople. Executive Actions only have so much force and effect.

Hillary Clinton could run on the GOP platform and she still wouldn't get my vote b/c she lacks integrity. She is a phony, plain and simple.

Really, i'm looking forward to Nikki Haley 2024. It can't come soon enough. :coffee:
Are you speaking of Trump here? Because while personality is important, his lack of one doesn’t appear to have stopped him from getting a lot of shit done. He accomplished more in 4 years than Obama could only dream of in 8. And a shitload of it helped black People.
I keep trying to point this out to those who say Trump is an idiot. An idiot just ran circles around the establishment Uniparty and you want to admit that? What does that say about the establishment?

Lazy as shit and full of lip service.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 am
I would add that you DO have to look at the character of the person. If someone is known to have no integrity, for instance, then you know won't be able to trust them. If I can't trust my leader, I can'e vote for them. The policies are important, but the personality is equally important. If their personality is so vile that that can't work with both parties, then it doesn't really matter how good their policies may be b/c they'll never get anywhere.

It's difficult to reconcile the character of a candidate with their positions and what they want to do. But you also need to take into account that while the President can support ideas and have an agenda - he's basically powerless if he can't work with 535 Congresspeople. Executive Actions only have so much force and effect.

Hillary Clinton could run on the GOP platform and she still wouldn't get my vote b/c she lacks integrity. She is a phony, plain and simple.

Really, i'm looking forward to Nikki Haley 2024. It can't come soon enough. :coffee:
Are you speaking of Trump here? Because while personality is important, his lack of one doesn’t appear to have stopped him from getting a lot of shit done. He accomplished more in 4 years than Obama could only dream of in 8. And a shitload of it helped black People.
In general, the character and integrity of a person is a good indication how they'll lead, treat others, show compassion, empathy, etc...
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:28 pm

I keep trying to point this out to those who say Trump is an idiot. An idiot just ran circles around the establishment Uniparty and you want to admit that? What does that say about the establishment?

The reality is this country has been ripe for a culturally conservative and economically left-center candidate for a while, and Trump (sort of) campaigned on that. He didn't outwit anyone as much as he governs more in the ideological centroid of the country than either party.

If the Democrats want to dominate they've got to give up the identity politics and the GOP needs to give up the fat cats who don't care if the woke burn the country down as long as they can make lots of money with commie Chinese who are catching up with us militarily and economically.

This is one graph that explains Trump's win:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:12 pm
Ibanez wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:01 pm

:suspicious: There’s nobody running who fits that profile
:lol:

You guys are right. I forgot a whataboutBiden? comment with that.

I’m voting for the candidate that at least has/had some trace of uniting people and intellectual curiosity.
So not Trump or Biden.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:10 am
kalm wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:12 pm

You guys are right. I forgot a whataboutBiden? comment with that.

I’m voting for the candidate that at least has/had some trace of uniting people and intellectual curiosity.
So not Trump or Biden.
This time it’s not about sides or protest votes against a binary system. This time it’s about America. It’s my patriotic and moral duty to vote against Trump.

A vote for Trump is a vote for emboldened stupidity.

I’ll forgive those who do but their misguided choices are disheartening and they will be forever marked as semi-dangerous.

(Until it takes long enough for most of them to disavow ever having given that support.)
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:23 am
So not Trump or Biden.
This time it’s not about sides or protest votes against a binary system. This time it’s about America. It’s my patriotic and moral duty to vote against Trump.

I’ll forgive those who do but their misguided choices are disheartening and they will be forever marked as semi-dangerous.

(Until it takes long enough for most of them to disavow ever having given that support.)
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Pwns wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:54 am

The reality is this country has been ripe for a culturally conservative and economically left-center candidate for a while, and Trump (sort of) campaigned on that. He didn't outwit anyone as much as he governs more in the ideological centroid of the country than either party.

If the Democrats want to dominate they've got to give up the identity politics and the GOP needs to give up the fat cats who don't care if the woke burn the country down as long as they can make lots of money with commie Chinese who are catching up with us militarily and economically.

This is the 21st century. The "fat cats" are the Democrats.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

So not Trump or Biden.

That's not what you said.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am

You’re right. It really isn’t about Biden’s ability to unite and intellectual curiosity. He’s a politician and shouldn’t be trusted.

But in all seriousness, and I think it was Mattis who mentioned it, Trump is the first President in our lifetimes who displays no interest in unifying the country. If anything, he thrives from the opposite as Gannon has pointed out.

This crisis is world changing and difficult to navigate without all of the fog of war bullshit emboldened by those who play loose with the facts and science for political gain. And Trump is the leader. And yes both sides do it. I just happen to think we are years away from any semblance of normalcy. We need honesty, the best science driven information at the moment, and patience.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Nice graph!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Who are all those people in the top left of that graph? Extremely liberal in economics and extremely conservative in social matters. I never would've thought there'd be that many there.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:50 am

You’re right. It really isn’t about Biden’s ability to unite and intellectual curiosity. He’s a politician and shouldn’t be trusted.

But in all seriousness, and I think it was Mattis who mentioned it, Trump is the first President in our lifetimes who displays no interest in unifying the country. If anything, he thrives from the opposite as Gannon has pointed out.

This crisis is world changing and difficult to navigate without all of the fog of war bullshit emboldened by those who play loose with the facts and science for political gain. And Trump is the leader. And yes both sides do it. I just happen to think we are years away from any semblance of normalcy. We need honesty, the best science driven information at the moment, and patience.
:thumb: As long as you realize Biden is no better.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:45 am

:thumb: As long as you realize Biden is no better.
Biden and those he will appoint will be better. It’s not even close. :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Not to come across as harsh, but this is horse shit. Even if Trump kissed ass until the cows came home, the Left would still hate him and be offended over everything.

Trump does best to just ignore the peanut gallery.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:00 am

:suspicious:
The leader of the Republican Party is a billionaire. The richest Senator and Representative are both Republicans. Not to mention McConnel and Romney. Pelosi is wealthy, as are several others but I honestly couldn't name them. Unless i'm way off base, the wealthiest "leaders" we have are Republicans.

According to open secrets, the wealthy back the Republicans more than the Democrats, though that can ebb and flow with election cycle and candidate.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:04 am

Not to come across as harsh, but this is horse shit. Even if Trump kissed ass until the cows came home, the Left would still hate him and be offended over everything.

Trump can't ignore the peanut gallery. His ego won't allow it.

And vice versa, FYI. :thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

His base is literally the peanut gallery.

:nod: :lol:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:44 am

I believe it's spelled "basket of irredeemable deplorables". I also spell it as "voters". :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:00 am Biden and those he will appoint will be better. It’s not even close. :lol:
Better at being uniters? No.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:33 am

The leader of the Republican Party is a billionaire. The richest Senator and Representative are both Republicans. Not to mention McConnel and Romney. Pelosi is wealthy, as are several others but I honestly couldn't name them. Unless i'm way off base, the wealthiest "leaders" we have are Republicans.

According to open secrets, the wealthy back the Republicans more than the Democrats, though that can ebb and flow with election cycle and candidate.
The wealthiest among us are firmly entrenched members of the Woke Party.
Bezos
Gates
Zuckerberg
Buffett
Ballmer
Page
Brin
Bloomberg
Knight

Of the top 20 wealthiest people in the U.S., there are really only three who stick out to me that have any Conkiness to them: Sheldon Adelson, Larry Ellison, and Charles Koch. There are a few who seem to be pretty a-political too.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

89Hen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:32 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:00 am Biden and those he will appoint will be better. It’s not even close. :lol:
Better at being uniters? No.
Who is he appointing? What does kalm know that we don't? :suspicious:
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:33 am

The office holders are mere lackey in the hands of the real "fat cats". They serve at the pleasure of their " owners". Of course it could be true that they are just publically Dems to keep the peasants from dragging them from their homes.

And let's not forget that Warner, Feinstein and Blumenthal make McConnell look like a pauper.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Wrong.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Wrong.
Okay Mr. Peanut ...

:D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm