Certainly a plot thickener if true.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:26 pm Certainly a plot thickener if true.

Reading the bios of the reporters, I’m not holding my breath.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:56 am

Indeed, Trump does invite the grilling, it's what he does and is part of his schtick. With that said, the media does themselves no favors by adopting a less-than-rigorous grilling of Biden. It feeds into the idea that the media is favoring one candidate over another. The worry is that such favoritism will carry over into the new administration (assuming Biden wins) as they begin to govern.
Less than rigorous grilling of Biden? It's been no grill at all this campaign. Look who the media had conduct Biden's town hall. Stephanopolous was a member of the Clinton War Room. It would be like having Karl Rove conduct the Trump town hall.

Notice whenever the MSM has someone moderating the debates or town halls who has worked for one side of the aisle or the other, its almost always they've worked for the donks?
:roll:

Thats because Biden is communicating his position on issues, it makes grilling unnecessary. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:54 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:31 am

Less than rigorous grilling of Biden? It's been no grill at all this campaign. Look who the media had conduct Biden's town hall. Stephanopolous was a member of the Clinton War Room. It would be like having Karl Rove conduct the Trump town hall.

Notice whenever the MSM has someone moderating the debates or town halls who has worked for one side of the aisle or the other, its almost always they've worked for the donks?
:roll:

Thats because Biden is communicating his position on issues, it makes grilling unnecessary. :coffee:
:rofl: :rofl:

You schtick is humorous.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:15 pm

A story from the Conks in Asia...I wonder what their bios say. :lol:

Exclusive: Taiwan man pulled strings for Hunter Biden’s businesses in China
A Taiwanese businessman brokered investment deals in mainland China over the past decade for Hunter Biden, the second son of United States presidential candidate Joe Biden, the Apple Daily edition in Taiwan reported, citing an investigative report on Friday.

According to the 40-page English report that Apple Daily obtained exclusively, Taiwanese resident Michael Lin, 57, played an important role in arranging meetings between Hunter Biden and Chinese political and business figures.

Lin graduated from the department of international business at National Chengchi University in Taiwan and obtained a master’s degree from the school of management at Yale University in Connecticut. He worked for a number of securities firms after graduation.

In the past 10 years, he became a middleman helping to set up meetings and establish connections for the children of prominent American politicians so they could seek business opportunities in Taiwan and mainland China.

Hunter Biden visited China at least six times during the eight-year tenure of his father as U.S. vice president, and all the trips involved Lin as the middleman, records of the U.S. Secret Service showed.
It's still the Russians....again. :coffee:
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Even klam's man crush has questions. :rofl:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:29 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:34 am Hunter Biden pursued deals with a major Chinese energy company including one that would be 'interesting for me and my family', new secret emails said to be from the presidential candidate's son claim.

He also struck a deal for $30 million plus bonuses 'based on introductions alone' over three years after his father left office, then was offered a 'much more lasting and lucrative arrangement.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -firm.html

The article talks about an email and the breakdown of ownership of the company. 20% owned by Hunter plus 10% held by Hunter for the "big guy".

Who's the big guy? Joe? :suspicious:
This October Surprise is pure gold...err, I mean crack. :rofl:

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:37 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:15 pm

A story from the Conks in Asia...I wonder what their bios say. :lol:

Exclusive: Taiwan man pulled strings for Hunter Biden’s businesses in China
A Taiwanese businessman brokered investment deals in mainland China over the past decade for Hunter Biden, the second son of United States presidential candidate Joe Biden, the Apple Daily edition in Taiwan reported, citing an investigative report on Friday.

According to the 40-page English report that Apple Daily obtained exclusively, Taiwanese resident Michael Lin, 57, played an important role in arranging meetings between Hunter Biden and Chinese political and business figures.

Lin graduated from the department of international business at National Chengchi University in Taiwan and obtained a master’s degree from the school of management at Yale University in Connecticut. He worked for a number of securities firms after graduation.

In the past 10 years, he became a middleman helping to set up meetings and establish connections for the children of prominent American politicians so they could seek business opportunities in Taiwan and mainland China.

Hunter Biden visited China at least six times during the eight-year tenure of his father as U.S. vice president, and all the trips involved Lin as the middleman, records of the U.S. Secret Service showed.
It's still the Russians....again. :coffee:
Yep lol...
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:38 pm Wisconsin blocked from accepting mail-in ballots after Election Day
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wiscon ... s-election
As is Michigan (as of now)
https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/92493003 ... ection-day
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:58 pm Donks in PA are worried that too many Biden voters don’t know how to properly mail in absentee ballots.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB19R4ru
-Green Party not on the ballot in PA. Might be old news, but I didn‘t know. (advantage donks).

2016 PA 266+k absentee ballots. Expecting 3 million for this election.

-Above naked ballot law for absentee ballots (advantage conks).

Court order has ordered absentee ballots received up to 3 days past election day (as long as are postmarked by election day) to be counted. (advantage donks).

Conk controlled legislature passed legislation last month included -3 day head start for counties on processing ballots (donk wish).
-lifting the county residency restriction on party or campaign representatives who observe inside polling places (conk wish, as they don’t have enough poll watchers in some counties, esp donk stronghold of Philadelphia.
-banning drop boxes, used in 20+ of the 67 counties, including most heavily populated donk leaning. (conk wish).

Legislation going nowhere with donk Gov Wolf‘s threatened veto (advantage donks).

https://www.mcall.com/news/elections/mc ... utType=amp

Meanwhile, PA Supreme Ct to rule on question of whether counties should count mail-in ballots when a voter’s signature doesn’t match the one on their registration.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... ontext=amp
PA Supreme Ct is lib majority, so my guess is they will rule the signatures don‘t have to match (advantage donks).
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:58 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:38 pm Wisconsin blocked from accepting mail-in ballots after Election Day
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wiscon ... s-election
As is Michigan (as of now)
https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/92493003 ... ection-day
Well, Trump did say that they should maybe extend the election out past Nov 3rd and Dems said he was trying to undermine our Democracy (Hildabeast's go-to line), so we had better stick to the deadline.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Things could change at any time but, so far, it looks to me like this whole Hunter Biden thing is getting people that are going to vote for Trump anyway excited but not having a perceptible impact beyond that population. I think most people expected this tactic and, also, I think most people thought it likely the Russians would try something like this.

We'll see what happens. It's not that this doesn't worry me at all. I don't think there is anything to it in reality but it could hurt. But I am more worried about the unusual voting circumstances associated with the COVID-19 thing.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Here is a good analysis of the New York Post story situation:

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/92450686 ... r-giuliani

What we have is a former Sean Hannity Show Producer and Rudi Giuliani putting out stories that really do not provide evidence to support assertions.
From pillar to post, the tabloid asserted as fact things presumed to be true. While the headline links the former vice president to his son's business dealings, the story serves up no proof. It rests upon an email, supposedly from a Ukrainian businessman to the younger Biden, thanking him for "an opportunity to meet your father."
It's a nothing burger. Hopefully most people will realize that and we can get rid of the atrocity we now have in the Oval Office.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Again I have to shake my head about how oblivious people in the Trump cult are. I was listening to NPR this morning and this Trump supporter compared Trump to Cassandra, the Prophetess of Troy. He said Trump keeps predicting things and they keep coming true but nobody believes him. I am thinking, "WTF?"

Let's review. On February 26, 2020, in referring to COVID-19 cases in the United States, Trump said,:
You have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.

When he was promoting the Republican tax cut plan, he said:
The economy now is at 3%. Nobody thought it would be anywhere close. I think it could go to 4, 5, and maybe even 6%, ultimately.
First of all, I doubt nobody thought the economy could get to 3% since it grew at an annual rate of 3.1% in 2015. But, otherwise, how did that work out.

Trump and the Republicans claimed the tax cut would increase economic growth enough to create a situation where it would be revenue neutral or even increase revenue. It did not:

The economy now is at 3%. Nobody thought it would be anywhere close. I think it could go to 4, 5, and maybe even 6%, ultimately.

He said his China tariffs would bring a bunch of jobs back to the United States. Nope:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 582529001/

And of course he said Mexico would pay for the wall.

This thing where people think Trump was right about things really perplexes me. Frankly, off the top of my head, I can't think of anything he was right about. There are some things that remain open to question such that he COULD end up being right. But I can't think of anything he has been unequivocally shown to be right about.

Oh and BTW: According to the numbers at https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/U ... ce-deficit the US trade deficit had declined for 5 consecutive years during 2012 through 2016 then increased during the consecutive years 2017 and 2018. 2019 isn't up yet. Do you think maybe Trump predicted his policies would cut the trade deficit? Didn't happen.
Could I ever be a star?

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

The computer tech contacted the FBI about the laptop in September 2019. Why didn't the FBI do something back then and investigate? If that had happened there would be no October surprise for Biden. Would it have ended Biden's campaign for president during the primary? Without Biden would it be Trump vs. Bernie right now?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 am The computer tech contacted the FBI about the laptop in September 2019. Why didn't the FBI do something back then and investigate? If that had happened there would be no October surprise for Biden. Would it have ended Biden's campaign for president during the primary? Without Biden would it be Trump vs. Bernie right now?
Why did the computer tech contact the FBI?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I think Trump should pardon Joe Biden. Show how magnanimous he really is.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am
HI54UNI wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 am The computer tech contacted the FBI about the laptop in September 2019. Why didn't the FBI do something back then and investigate? If that had happened there would be no October surprise for Biden. Would it have ended Biden's campaign for president during the primary? Without Biden would it be Trump vs. Bernie right now?
He saw some disturbing images and a number of emails that concerned Ukraine, Burisma, China and other issues
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

:lol:
I can't believe it!!! I'm glad we have a POTUS who was never connected to someone so unethical and corrupt. This makes my decision that much easier.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

So.....Trump says he may leave the country if he loses? WHat a punk bitch. PUNK BITCH! It's a good joke...but jokes are based on some truths. He's an scared, insecure little man.
At a rally Friday night, he floated the prospect of fleeing abroad. “Could you imagine if I lose?” he said. “I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country, I don’t know.”
“We’ve learned over the last couple of months: Joe Biden is a corrupt politician,” Trump said to his supporters, “and the Biden family is a criminal enterprise.”
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10 ... ution.html

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1a75L6

So....criminal enterprises are bad?
Not only has the Trump Foundation shut down for its misconduct, but the president has been forced to pay $2 million for misusing charitable funds for his own political gain.
https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/do ... foundation
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:38 am Here is a good analysis of the New York Post story situation:

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/17/92450686 ... r-giuliani

What we have is a former Sean Hannity Show Producer and Rudi Giuliani putting out stories that really do not provide evidence to support assertions.
From pillar to post, the tabloid asserted as fact things presumed to be true. While the headline links the former vice president to his son's business dealings, the story serves up no proof. It rests upon an email, supposedly from a Ukrainian businessman to the younger Biden, thanking him for "an opportunity to meet your father."
It's a nothing burger. Hopefully most people will realize that and we can get rid of the atrocity we now have in the Oval Office.
Common sense to Dingbat: Neither Biden nor anyone from his 'team' have denied the allegations.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:55 am
Supposedly he saw things that disturbed him.

Take all of it FWIW.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Biden just called a lid until Thursday. Has any candidate stayed in hiding for four days this close to an election?

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:43 pm Biden just called a lid until Thursday. Has any candidate stayed in hiding for four days this close to an election?
Who didn't see this coming? They have to keep him out of the spotlight so he doesn't dig a bigger hole in regards to Hunter. Don't want him calling someone, "Fat" and challenge them to push ups.

Expect Welker, the moderator, to give Joe the questions beforehand, just like when she gave Hillary spokeswoman a heads-up about Flint, MI.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.