POTUS Debate #1

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: POTUS Debate #1

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I work in Old Town Alexandria. Biden and BLM signs everywhere.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:59 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:03 am
Sounds like you’re living in the wrong area. Early-mid Sept I drove down to rural VA then the Carolinas, Georgia, N Fl, stayed St Johns Co/St Aug for a week+, then back, mostly 2 to 4 lane non interstate/rural (I like country drives & try to avoid interstates time permitting). Maybe 100 locations with several hundred Trump signs/flags (most put up more than 1), 1 Biden flag, zero BLM. Its like we’re talking about 2 different worlds.
I see tons of Trump and Biden flags and yard signs. I was specifically talking about Proud Boys vs BLM.
I drove through rural South Carolina yesterday for about 3 hours - counted more Biden and Harrison signs than I could remember. Only say 3 flags.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:50 am
89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:59 am
I see tons of Trump and Biden flags and yard signs. I was specifically talking about Proud Boys vs BLM.
Well, I never saw BLM signs either.
I've seen quite a few BLM signs but no Antifa or Proud Boys. I've seen BLM signs in yards and BLM spray painted in a variety of locations including on this tripod on Harry's Ridge near Mt. St. Helens.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Don't like political signs, but I keep an American flag hung on my patio. No one's noticed it has 52 stars yet. :mrgreen:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:26 am I work in Old Town Alexandria. Biden and BLM signs everywhere.
We visited my wife's aunt down in Woodstock, VA last weekend and drove home the rural way through Winchester, Berryville, Harper's Ferry... was interesting to see that in the rural areas with small homes, mobiles, manufactured, etc... was ALL Trump signs. Once we got to the big estates in Berryville, all Biden signs.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:08 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:26 am I work in Old Town Alexandria. Biden and BLM signs everywhere.
We visited my wife's aunt down in Woodstock, VA last weekend and drove home the rural way through Winchester, Berryville, Harper's Ferry... was interesting to see that in the rural areas with small homes, mobiles, manufactured, etc... was ALL Trump signs. Once we got to the big estates in Berryville, all Biden signs.
You mean there is an urban-rural voting divide? Unprecedented.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:32 am

It was more rich vs middle class. It was all rural.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:32 am
All those deplorables that don't know any better are why we need to get rid of the Electoral College. People in New York and California can show those people the right way. It's wrong to disenfranchise minority and women voters but ok to disenfranchise rural voters because they don't get it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I am very familiar with that route, as Woodstock is about 40 miles north east of Harrisonburg/JMU, and about 50 miles northeast of Massanutten (about 15 miles south east of Harrisonburg), where my mom lives.

Sounds like you took 340 from Frederick through Charles Town & Harpers Ferry. Generally when you drive THROUGH Berryville on 340 (which you have to do to pass big the ass homes (inside the Beltway $$/commuters), then you wouldn’t have driven through/by Winchester, unless you were doing some zig zagging, or took a different route on the way back? I assume soon after crossing into VA, before the town of Berryville, you got off 340 onto Rt 7 to Winchester, then I81 down to Woodstock (done it to Harrisonburg a hundred times).

This Thur I’ll be taking 340 from Frederick through Harpers Ferry, Charles Town, Berryville, Front Royal, etc about 100 miles all the way to Shenandoah, then cut over to Massanutten. Mix of 4 and 2 lane.. Much nicer drive than I95/I66/I81. Drove the same route on 9/3. There weren’t Biden signs in Berryville (or anywhere) then. Berryville would be about the only place you’d seen them in multiple. I’ll keep an eye out..
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:03 pm

I am very familiar with that route, as Woodstock is about 40 miles north east of Harrisonburg/JMU, and about 50 miles northeast of Massanutten (about 15 miles south east of Harrisonburg), where my mom lives.

Sounds like you took 340 from Frederick through Charles Town & Harpers Ferry. But if you drove through the town of Barryville on 340, then you wouldn’t have driven by Winchester. I assume right after you crissed into VA, before the town of Berryville (and before the big ass homes in Berryville (DC $$/ commuters)) you got off 340 onto Rt 7 to Winchester, then I81 down to Woodstock (done it to Harrisonburg a hundred times). Maybe you didn’t go down and back the same way in VA?

This Thur I’ll be taking 340 from Frederick through Harpers Ferry, Charles Town, Berryville, Front Royal, etc all the way to Shenandoah, then cut over to Massanutten. About 100 miles on 340, mix of 4 and 2 lane.. Much nicer drive than I95/I66/I81. Drove the same route on 9/3. There weren’t Biden signs in Berryville (or anywhere) then. I’ll keep an eye out..

, and then Rt 7 over to I81 down to Woodstock. If I’ll be driving that way to VA this weekend- my mom lives Massanutten south of Woodstock
Thank you,Rain Man
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Sounds like you took 340 from Frederick through Charles Town & Harpers Ferry. But if you drove through the town of Barryville on 340, then you wouldn’t have driven by Winchester. I assume right after you crissed into VA, before the town of Berryville (and before the big ass homes in Berryville (DC $$/ commuters)) you got off 340 onto Rt 7 to Winchester, then I81 down to Woodstock (done it to Harrisonburg a hundred times). Maybe you didn’t go down and back the same way in VA?

This Thur I’ll be taking 340 from Frederick through Harpers Ferry, Charles Town, Berryville, Front Royal, etc all the way to Shenandoah, then cut over to Massanutten. About 100 miles on 340, mix of 4 and 2 lane.. Much nicer drive than I95/I66/I81. Drove the same route on 9/3. There weren’t Biden signs in Berryville (or anywhere) then. I’ll keep an eye out..
Thank you,Rain Man
Yeah, I replied to a driving route like JSO does to polls (and that last paragraph was somehow a duplicate).
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:15 pm

Thank you,Rain Man
Yeah, I replied to a driving route like JSO does to polls (and that last paragraph was somehow a duplicate).
:lol: :lol: :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

, and then Rt 7 over to I81 down to Woodstock. If I’ll be driving that way to VA this weekend- my mom lives Massanutten south of Woodstock
Thank you,Rain Man
I thought Waze hijacked his account.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:21 pm
Thank you,Rain Man
I thought Waze hijacked his account.

Inquiring minds want to know if he'll get to his Mom's in time to watch Judge Wapner.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

FTR BDK, it was the way home we went this route. I guess we never reached Winchester (Winchster) on 81. We got off 81 in Stephens City.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Around here more Trump signs than Biden but there are more Biden signs this time than there were Hillary signs last time. Living in a small town and having formerly worked for the city I know who most people are. Generally the ones with Biden signs are government workers - teachers, mail carriers, county employees. The Trump ones are all over the spectrum - retirees, business owners, factory workers, farmers.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:01 pm FTR BDK, it was the way home we went this route. I guess we never reached Winchester (Winchster) on 81. We got off 81 in Stephens City.
Copy, I see what you did now.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:01 pm FTR BDK, it was the way home we went this route. I guess we never reached Winchester (Winchster) on 81. We got off 81 in Stephens City.
Ok, I drove back from my Mom's at Massanutten in the Shenandoah Valley in VA. If an address had multiple signs/flags, only counted that as 1.
You were right about Berryville. About an 8 mile stretch in Clarke Co on Rt 340 from Boyce to north of Berryville was about 10 Biden, and 8 Trump. One stretch was 5 Biden in a row.

South of there, Page Co (where Woodstock & you said your in laws are at), on Rt 340 was about 50 Trump, 4 Biden. Heck, the Confederate Naval Jacks outnumbered the Biden signs.

Got off I95 in northern MD to cut over to Rt 1 to avoid the $12 in tolls (and because I prefer not driving on interstates). Kind of zig zagged from near Aberdeen to Rt 1, then into PA. What surprised me: 20 or so mile stretch of rural Hereford, Cecil counties, MD on several 2 lane roads, and Rt 1. : 20+ Trump, 0 Biden.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 am
Ok, I drove back from my Mom's basement at Massanutten in the Shenandoah Valley in VA. If an address had multiple signs/flags, only counted that as 1.
You were right about Berryville. About an 8 mile stretch in Clarke Co on Rt 340 from Boyce to north of Berryville was about 10 Biden, and 8 Trump. One stretch was 5 Biden in a row.

South of there, Page Co (where Woodstock & you said your in laws are at), on Rt 340 was about 50 Trump, 4 Biden. Heck, the Confederate Naval Jacks outnumbered the Biden signs.

Got off I95 in northern MD to cut over to Rt 1 to avoid the $12 in tolls (and because I prefer not driving on interstates). Kind of zig zagged from near Aberdeen to Rt 1, then into PA. What surprised me: 20 or so mile stretch of rural Hereford, Cecil counties, MD on several 2 lane roads, and Rt 1. : 20+ Trump, 0 Biden.
FIFY
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:51 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 am
Ok, I drove back from my Mom's basement at Massanutten in the Shenandoah Valley in VA. If an address had multiple signs/flags, only counted that as 1.

FIFY
:tothehand: