BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 'This is their new hoax'

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:47 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:32 am https://www.newsweek.com/trump-walter-r ... er-1536238

Makes me think about an episode described in Trump's Book, "The Art of the Deal" that I think capture's this guy's nature.

The episode is one in which he had not yet started work on a hotel project and felt that if investors caught on to that they might back out. So he arranged to have construction workers go out to the site and just randomly do things like move dirt around. The idea was to make investors think something was going on when it wasn't.

And it worked. The book says they bought it.
GASP! :shock:

You mean to tell me that the President of the United Freaking States posed for a photo-op????

Good Lord, they surely got him this time. IMPEACH!!!! :thumb:
Wow, so JSO discovered Trump doing something that every POTUS since the advent of the camera has done- a staged photo op. STOP THE PRESSES!!
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:18 pm

You mean to tell me that the President of the United Freaking States posed for a photo-op????

Wow, so JSO discovered Trump doing something that every POTUS since the advent of the camera has done- a staged photo op. STOP THE PRESSES!!
You guys know you're full of it. The guy had two pictures taken 10 minutes apart with the objective of making people think he was doing stuff when he wasn't doing stuff. It's not a just a photo op. It's a scam. It's how he operates. It's what he does.

Name me another instance of a President who signed a blank piece of paper while having somebody take a picture of it to make it look like he was doing something of substance when he wasn't. Maybe you have one.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW this whole thing about Trump being a "relentless' worker is nonsense. The guy sits around and watches TV and/or plays around on Twitter. He doesn't actually do the work necessary to inform his decisions and we all know it.
Could I ever be a star?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

"That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play," tweeted James Phillips, who is also the chief of disaster medicine at the George Washington University Department of Emergency Medicine.

"Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity," he continued.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... _FV_f1D_6s
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:32 pm
"That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play," tweeted James Phillips, who is also the chief of disaster medicine at the George Washington University Department of Emergency Medicine.

"Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity," he continued.

If they're all wearing masks why does it matter?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:37 pm

I am reserving judgement on it to some extent. It's possible they chose Secret Service agents who already had COVID and so are likely immune. Also I could not tell if there was a barrier...plexiglass or something...sealing the passenger seat in the back off from the front seats.

However, if those agents hadn't had COVID and there was no separation that would be bad. Yes they were wearing masks and it looked to me like they were wearing N95 type masks. So the risk was reduced. But there would still be risk. So you have to ask yourself if a President wanting to be seen waving at supporters out of a window is sufficient basis for putting those agents at risk.

Obviously agents are willing to put themselves at risk. But that was a totally unnecessary thing.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW, let's say you know someone has COVID-19 and is symptomatic. Early on in the course so you know he is excreting lots of the virus.

Would you like to sit in a sealed vehicle with him for 30 minutes or so while you wear a mask just so he could ride around and wave at people?
Could I ever be a star?

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

He's on a literal killing spree.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:43 pm
You guys know you're full of it. The guy had two pictures taken 10 minutes apart with the objective of making people think he was doing stuff when he wasn't doing stuff. It's not a just a photo op. It's a scam. It's how he operates. It's what he does.

Name me another instance of a President who signed a blank piece of paper while having somebody take a picture of it to make it look like he was doing something of substance when he wasn't. Maybe you have one.
You're gonna get him this time.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Cue the sad trombone...

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:02 pm
HI54UNI wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:37 pm

I am reserving judgement on it to some extent. It's possible they chose Secret Service agents who already had COVID and so are likely immune. Also I could not tell if there was a barrier...plexiglass or something...sealing the passenger seat in the back off from the front seats.

However, if those agents hadn't had COVID and there was no separation that would be bad. Yes they were wearing masks and it looked to me like they were wearing N95 type masks. So the risk was reduced. But there would still be risk. So you have to ask yourself if a President wanting to be seen waving at supporters out of a window is sufficient basis for putting those agents at risk.

Obviously agents are willing to put themselves at risk. But that was a totally unnecessary thing.
:nod:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Baldy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:49 pm
Cue the sad trombone...

More sensationalism about a non-event. A few thoughts I had when I saw this

1) He doesn't want to look weak (which President, R or D, would?)
2) It shows our allies and everyone that he's still in the game, unlike Kim Jong Un
3) Again - obvious PR stunt for his supporters. But, wouldn't we expect this from a Democrat? Maybe not a car ride, simply stepping outside and waving?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:46 pm BTW this whole thing about Trump being a "relentless' worker is nonsense. The guy sits around and watches TV and/or plays around on Twitter. He doesn't actually do the work necessary to inform his decisions and we all know it.
:lol: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:59 am
Baldy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:49 pm
Cue the sad trombone...

2) It shows our allies and everyone that he's still in the game, unlike Kim Jong Un
3) Again - obvious PR stunt for his supporters. But, wouldn't we expect this from a Democrat? Maybe not a car ride, simply stepping outside and waving?
What’s a non event?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Kayleigh McEnany has it now.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:42 am Kayleigh McEnany has it now.
Didn’t know about Hicks either. Man they royally fucked this up.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:07 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:59 am

What’s a non event?
It's a nothing event. it's not important in the scheme of things. And that's especially true for anything Trump does.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:32 am https://www.newsweek.com/trump-walter-r ... er-1536238
Trump in Walter Reed Photo-Op Appears to Sign Blank Paper to Show He's Well and 'Relentless'
Makes me think about an episode described in Trump's Book, "The Art of the Deal" that I think capture's this guy's nature.

The episode is one in which he had not yet started work on a hotel project and felt that if investors caught on to that they might back out. So he arranged to have construction workers go out to the site and just randomly do things like move dirt around. The idea was to make investors think something was going on when it wasn't.

And it worked. The book says they bought it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:28 am

What’s a non event?
It's a nothing event. it's not important in the scheme of things. And that's especially true for anything Trump does.
:nod: This tweet sums up this weekend quite well:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

What’s a non event?
Disagree. It’s a glaring example of the incompetence/unnecessary risk/ignorance for the sake of of phony strength projection one month prior to election. It’s symptomatic of why we’re #1 in the world when it comes to pandemic control.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am
Disagree. It’s a glaring example of the incompetence/unnecessary risk/ignorance for the sake of of phony strength projection one month prior to election. It’s symptomatic of why we’re #1 in the world when it comes to pandemic control.
Much of what Trump does is wrong and i'm no fan of PR stunts, which admittedly this is what it was, but It also goes to show that our Commander in Chief isn't bed-ridden. Could it have been done better? Certainly. Just go to a window or go outside and wave.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am It’s symptomatic of why we’re #1 in the world when it comes to pandemic control.
I guess.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am
Or its an example of no matter what protocols are in place, people are still gonna get the 'Rona. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am
kalm wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:50 am It’s symptomatic of why we’re #1 in the world when it comes to pandemic control.
I guess.

But Trump rallies though...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:12 am
I guess.

Yep. Our selfishness and tribalism as a culture are another symptom. Btw, how many political leaders do you see in those pics?