kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:22 pm
And here in conk central Eastern Washington, I’ve experienced the opposite. Apolitical types and young voters are suddenly following politics. Dems are well ahead in new voter registrations in most states (including swing states) which are demographically under 40 (a group that Trump doesn’t do well with), the active duty military polling has swung 20 points in favor of the Dems since 2016. How is he doing with women?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

This doesn’t help.... :lol:
A digital ad released by a fundraising arm of the Trump campaign on Sept. 11 calling on people to “support our troops” uses a stock photo of Russian-made fighter jets and weapons.

The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them. The ad first appeared on Sept. 8 and ran until Sept. 12.

“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”

He noted the angle of the aircraft’s tail, the way the tail is swept far back, and the spacing of the engines, along with the tunnel between them.

Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, confirmed that the planes are Russian MiG-29s, and also said the soldier on the far right in the ad carries an AK-74 assault rifle.
https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/ ... ctxQOoVSqo
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:56 am This doesn’t help.... :lol:
A digital ad released by a fundraising arm of the Trump campaign on Sept. 11 calling on people to “support our troops” uses a stock photo of Russian-made fighter jets and weapons.

The ad, which was made by the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, features silhouettes of three soldiers walking as a fighter jet flies over them. The ad first appeared on Sept. 8 and ran until Sept. 12.

“That’s definitely a MiG-29,” said Pierre Sprey, who helped design both the F-16 and A-10 planes for the U.S. Air Force. “I’m glad to see it’s supporting our troops.”

He noted the angle of the aircraft’s tail, the way the tail is swept far back, and the spacing of the engines, along with the tunnel between them.

Ruslan Pukhov, director of the Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies in Moscow, confirmed that the planes are Russian MiG-29s, and also said the soldier on the far right in the ad carries an AK-74 assault rifle.
https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/ ... ctxQOoVSqo
Ooops. That ad was supposed to run in Volograd.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:39 am
Baldy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:22 pm
And here in conk central Eastern Washington, I’ve experienced the opposite. Apolitical types and young voters are suddenly following politics. Dems are well ahead in new voter registrations in most states (including swing states) which are demographically under 40 (a group that Trump doesn’t do well with), the active duty military polling has swung 20 points in favor of the Dems since 2016. How is he doing with women?
I probably should stock up on popcorn and beer then, as a tight race is going to provide the most entertainment. :popcorn: :party:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:39 am And here in conk central Eastern Washington, I’ve experienced the opposite. Apolitical types and young voters are suddenly following politics. Dems are well ahead in new voter registrations in most states (including swing states) which are demographically under 40 (a group that Trump doesn’t do well with), the active duty military polling has swung 20 points in favor of the Dems since 2016. How is he doing with women?
It's kind of fascinating. Trump has slightly increased his support with Latinos, but the reason Biden's polling well is due to a jump in support from white and older people (specifically women and college-educated). Of course, whites are still the dominant voter base so any percent increase there is going to be orders of magnitude larger than other demographics.

Young people may vote more this year, but I'm not convinced it'll be significant. Hope I'm wrong.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:38 am Young people may vote more this year, but I'm not convinced it'll be significant. Hope I'm wrong.
It would be quite remarkable if they did.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

:lol:

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Who made the bet with me about Biden not making a term? I forgot to bookmark it.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

This is elder abuse. Dementia is hitting this guy hard. 😬

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:38 am
kalm wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:39 am And here in conk central Eastern Washington, I’ve experienced the opposite. Apolitical types and young voters are suddenly following politics. Dems are well ahead in new voter registrations in most states (including swing states) which are demographically under 40 (a group that Trump doesn’t do well with), the active duty military polling has swung 20 points in favor of the Dems since 2016. How is he doing with women?
It's kind of fascinating. Trump has slightly increased his support with Latinos, but the reason Biden's polling well is due to a jump in support from white and older people (specifically women and college-educated). Of course, whites are still the dominant voter base so any percent increase there is going to be orders of magnitude larger than other demographics.

Young people may vote more this year, but I'm not convinced it'll be significant. Hope I'm wrong.
Last week, an NBC News/Marist poll showed Mr. Trump with a narrow edge over Mr. Biden among Latino voters in Florida, earning 50% of their support compared with 46% for Mr. Biden. An August survey of Latino voters by Equis Lab, a Democratic polling firm, found Mr. Biden with a 16-point lead over Mr. Trump among that group in the state, substantially less than Mrs. Clinton’s exit-poll advantage in 2016.
https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/biden- ... 1600171592
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Baldy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:52 am This is elder abuse. Dementia is hitting this guy hard. 😬
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN2322U4

Funny how I grew up with adults teaching me to not believe everything I see on the internet, and now those older people believe everything they see on the internet. I guess I'm fortunate to have grown with the internetz, instead of before or after it.
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Baldy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:52 am This is elder abuse. Dementia is hitting this guy hard. 😬

This man couldn't negotiate bedtime with a 5 year old much less some critical international crisis.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:01 am

This man couldn't negotiate bedtime with a 5 year old much less some critical international crisis.
That was pretty bad. :lol:

Doesn’t bode well for the debates if you are able to fall into a View ambush.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:57 am

Funny how I grew up with adults teaching me to not believe everything I see on the internet, and now those older people believe everything they see on the internet. I guess I'm fortunate to have grown with the internetz, instead of before or after it.
so you can watch those “unedited” videos and come away somehow thinking he looks fine? :suspicious: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Prediction
- Biden will use the Rona as an excuse to push for virtual debates where he can have a teleprompter/ear bud/coach to help him respond to questions.
- Trump will throw a twitter tantrum complaining about it because a virtual format cuts into his ability to bully and bluster his opponent.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Prediction
- Biden will use the Rona as an excuse to push for virtual debates where he can have a teleprompter/ear bud/coach to help him respond to questions.
- Trump will throw a twitter tantrum complaining about it because a virtual format cuts into his ability to bully and bluster his opponent.
Biden could get “blustered” in a room by himself.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

This specifically may be fake but it is still a fair representation of the Biden "thought" process.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

My apologies. I keep forgetting how cognizant and coherent Biden really is. :lol:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

TheDancinMonarch wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:29 pm

This specifically may be fake but it is still a fair representation of the Biden "thought" process.
Still less potentially dangerous than Trump and probably smarter even at diminished capacity.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:05 pm
TheDancinMonarch wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:29 pm

Still less potentially dangerous than Trump and probably smarter even at diminished capacity.
Gonna need some details. Trump hasn't started any new wars and is actually bringing troops home. Plus, for whatever reason, peace seems to breaking out in the Middle East.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:03 pm
SDHornet wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:40 pm Rogan hitting the nail on the head...

As I've said about stuff like that before: Biden is fine. He comes across as more "there" than Trump does. These people can keep trying this and I guess there is some chance it will work. But every time Biden goes public with discussion, answering questions, etc., it gets shot down. Any rational person can see that he's fine and is, in fact, a lot more lucid than Trump is.
Watch that The View clip and tell me he’s fine.. :dunce: :rofl:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Pwns wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:34 am :lol:

And the mask slips. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Baldy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:25 pm

My apologies. I keep forgetting how cognizant and coherent Biden really is. :lol:

I see your "you know what I mean" and raise you a "Despacito" with a "these people" kicker. I'm sure this will get the Latino vote surging for Biden. :lol:

It's even funnier if you know the lyrics of the song. :rofl:

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:38 am

Interesting way to say that Biden's support with Latinos is cratering.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Prediction
Good prediction. I predicted he would back out, but like your prediction better.

My other running prediction s are that Trump wins 37 states this time and the Russia predication investigation won't send anyone of importance to jail.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz