NFL 2020 Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Re: NFL 2020 Season

Post by Ivytalk »

I’ll go out on a limb now and predict that no 2020 NFL season will be played.

Also, ESPN will fold by next June. Amid much rejoicing,
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:06 pm I’ll go out on a limb now and predict that no 2020 NFL season will be played.

Thank you Eeyoretalk ... ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:56 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:06 pm I’ll go out on a limb now and predict that no 2020 NFL season will be played.

Thank you Eeyoretalk ... ;)
I’m learning from the masters: Gil and 89! :thumb:
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Matthew Stafford goes on the Covid do not play list. There goes the Super Bowl. :ohno:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:36 am Matthew Stafford goes on the Covid do not play list. There goes the Super Bowl. :ohno:
aaaaaaand, Doug Pederson has COVID as well:

https://6abc.com/doug-pederson-tests-po ... FmsK0J_RV8
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I still disagree with it, but the NBA is the only league doing sports "correctly" right now, or as correctly as possible with the bubble, mandatory staff masks, continuous testing, and harsher team/player fines.

BTW the Jags QB is out too, although he's on the C19 list and not necessarily positive for the virus.
tribe_pride
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: W&M

Post by tribe_pride »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm Although I still disagree with it, the NBA is the only league doing sports "correctly" right now, or as correctly as possible.

Jags QB is also out right now, although on the Covid list instead of saying he's tested positive.
And the NHL - and no hockey players are going to strip clubs
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm I still disagree with it, but the NBA is the only league doing sports "correctly" right now, or as correctly as possible with the bubble, mandatory staff masks, continuous testing, and harsher team/player fines.
So thugs do something right? :?
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:29 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:22 pm I still disagree with it, but the NBA is the only league doing sports "correctly" right now, or as correctly as possible with the bubble, mandatory staff masks, continuous testing, and harsher team/player fines.
Why are they thugs? :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:29 pm

That Royal Wulff has never let me down. :lol:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:44 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:32 pm
From "Gorillas in the Mist" to comments like this, a small group of people like to whistle on CS. :coffee:

You know what a normal person does: not say it in the first place.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:50 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:44 pm

From "Gorillas in the Mist" to comments like this, a small group of people like to whistle on CS. :coffee:

You know what a normal person does: not say it in the first place.
Normal people don’t virtue-signal 23 hours a day either.

Now go find a court to pack. :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

NFL season look like it might make with with a few lessons from MLB. Might be a good sign for NCAA football too.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Minnesota Vikings will be allowed 250 fans for homes game, per state requirements for indoor events, but that could change.

n that meeting, John Drum, the General Manager at U.S. Bank Stadium said employees are slowly returning to the facility to get it ready for games. He said the preparations and planning are flexible enough to change if local, national, or NFL guidelines change. As of now, fans would not be allowed at U.S. Bank Stadium for the start of the season.

“Currently U.S. Bank is classified as an indoor entertainment venue. The limitation on that is an event of 250 people maximum. So that doesn’t provide much opportunity to host events at this time,” Drum said.

A spokesperson for Governor Walz’s office sent out this statement in relation to possibly having fans at Vikings games this season: “The Administration is communication with teams and large venues, including the Vikings and U.S. Bank Stadium, to discuss what a safe season might look like.”
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:19 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 am

I guess Kaepernick wanted too much money.
That and the fact that Kap can't play anymore. Gotta give it to Kap, he's been way more relevant than he ever would've been. He was tailor-made for the team Harbaugh had in San Fran - spend all the money on the defense, run a one dimensional offense with a QB that can move, and hope it all turns out okay. Problem is, no one else runs that kind of operation in the NFL so when Harbaugh went back to college and all those guys on defense left or retired, Kap had nowhere to go. I don't doubt his sincerity, I think it's to his credit the work he's done in regards to shining a light on continued and significant racism in this country. But I think it also glosses over the fact that he was a diminished QB with little future left in the NFL - he should maybe still be getting 2nd or 3rd string QB money, but he was never going to be a legit starting NFL QB again.
Man, Kap oughta see how much longer he can stay out of the NFL - he's turning into the caught fish story - with every retelling it gets bigger and bigger. Case in point, EA Sports just added Kap to Madden 21 as a free agent - comes complete with an 81 rating, which places him as the 15th best QB in (or not in) the NFL (he's even with Big Ben now). For comparison, the last time Kap was in a Madden game was in Madden 17, which gave him a rating of 74, which tied him then for the 30th best QB then (tied with Paxton Lynch and Blaine Gabbert). Of course, that was back when Kap was working out, actually throwing a football and practicing within an NFL program. Apparently absence (and lack of playing a single snap of competitive football) has made the heart grow fonder. And before anyone says the 74 rating was impacted by his social activism, that rating then came out about a month before Kap started kneeling for the anthem. I don't think there's ever been a case of a player of diminishing talent who so captivated the public, granted with a very noble cause, that they completely forgot he was a diminished player before all of that non-football activity.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/09/08/colin ... ports-2020
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

James Robinson named Jaguars' starting RB
According to a story from Pro Football Talk, the Jaguars have listed undrafted free agent James Robinson out of Illinois State as their starting running back for Week 1.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:24 pm James Robinson named Jaguars' starting RB
According to a story from Pro Football Talk, the Jaguars have listed undrafted free agent James Robinson out of Illinois State as their starting running back for Week 1.
Hope he does well.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

There have been questions on whether or not ARI at SF will go today, with the possibility of being postponed or moved due to bad air quality because of the nearby wildfires.

SH's brilliant (?) proposal: Move the game to Kezar Stadium. Yes, the very first home of the 49ers still exists. It's been converted into a smaller indoor facility that's currently being used mainly by the Bay Area Bombers Roller Derby team. As an indoor facility, the bad air quality would likely be a non-factor, as would the lowered seating capacity, as SF County has declared that all such contests will be bogusly held without fans due to COVID anyway.

Of course, that won't enter into the minds of ANYONE with any sort of authority over this kind of thing, right?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

The Lions are who I thought they were. Gave up 3 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to lose at home. And true to form, they had it inside the Bears 20 with around :30 to play, and failed to convert. It's like a script with them.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Packers quiet the crowd at US Bank Stadium, oh wait, there was no crowd.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Wellness check on 93. Any word on his mental state.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:51 pm Wellness check on 93. Any word on his mental state.
Yeah, the Eagles looked like an incipient dumpster fire. The OL basically has nobody at this point, and Carson Wentz's inability to throw accurately really came back to bite the team yesterday. Up 17-0, Eagles had a chance to score before the half, and then get the football to start the second half. Everything was lined up for a runaway. But then Wentz badly throws behind a wide open Reagor and the ball is picked, and Washington rolls into half only down 17-7 and the Eagles never get the momentum back. Things could get really ugly really fast for the Eagles. They're still in a division that stinks, and the cowboys will still find a way to underachieve, but the Eagles might not even be good enough to take advantage of that kind of division again. Could be a long year - can't always draw too many things from just one week, but it doesn't look super at this point.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:51 pm Wellness check on 93. Any word on his mental state.
Yeah, the Eagles looked like an incipient dumpster fire. The OL basically has nobody at this point, and Carson Wentz's inability to throw accurately really came back to bite the team yesterday. Up 17-0, Eagles had a chance to score before the half, and then get the football to start the second half. Everything was lined up for a runaway. But then Wentz badly throws behind a wide open Reagor and the ball is picked, and Washington rolls into half only down 17-7 and the Eagles never get the momentum back. Things could get really ugly really fast for the Eagles. They're still in a division that stinks, and the cowboys will still find a way to underachieve, but the Eagles might not even be good enough to take advantage of that kind of division again. Could be a long year - can't always draw too many things from just one week, but it doesn't look super at this point.
It was just last year that Washington lead 17-0 in Philly only to blow the lead and lose. Hard to win on the road in the NFC East.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

:lol: :lol: He seemed ok yesterday. Anyone check FB this morning?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:41 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:06 am

It was just last year that Washington lead 17-0 in Philly only to blow the lead and lose. Hard to win on the road in the NFC East.
Yeah, crowd noise was brutal yesterday. :rofl: