2020 NBA Season

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: 2020 NBA Season

Post by 93henfan »

Sometimes you just get sick of a squeaky wheel that never shuts up, even when it's been getting all the oil for over 50 years while the majority of wheels get by just fine on their own.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:40 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:34 pm

You and a few million other people heard about it. It led to MLS and MLB games being boycotted with Clayton Kershaw standing with Mookie Betts during the interview. Which led to millions more hearing about it.

You have been complaining about blacks and their violence after protest, now you are bitching about a peaceful protest.
And lol at what they're protesting: A violent felon, with a felony warrant for his arrest, who was resisting police, was armed with a knife, and was shot.
There's more to it than that.

As representatives of Wisconsin -- as the players referred to the team in their statement -- the Bucks believe the state legislature in Madison has failed to enact sufficient measures to address criminal justice reform and police brutality. A statement from Bucks players called for the specific action to hold accountable the officers involved in the shooting of Blake. - ESPN.com
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:44 pm Sometimes you just get sick of a squeaky wheel that never shuts up, even when it's been getting all the oil for over 50 years while the majority of wheels get by just fine on their own.
Maybe the white majority of wheels is well oiled.
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:34 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:24 pm
Yep. How long did that "boycott" last? 24 hrs? :lol: Those clowns care too much about their 7 to 8 figure salaries..And they probably realized that 90+% of the country could care less if they boycotted or not..
You and a few million other people heard about it. It led to MLS and MLB games being boycotted with Clayton Kershaw standing with Mookie Betts during the interview. Which led to millions more hearing about it.
Plenty heard about it. The question is how many actually cared.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:24 pm Yep. How long did that "boycott" last? 24 hrs? :lol: Those clowns care too much about their 7 to 8 figure salaries..And they probably realized that 90+% of the country could care less if they boycotted or not..
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:34 pm You and a few million other people heard about it. It led to MLS and MLB games being boycotted with Clayton Kershaw standing with Mookie Betts during the interview. Which led to millions more hearing about it.

You have been complaining about blacks and their violence after protest, now you are bitching about a peaceful protest.
And lol at what they're protesting: A violent felon, with a felony warrant for his arrest, who was resisting police, was armed with a knife, and was shot.
If they stop playing for longer they lose their platform. Boycotting (really postponing) a day's games drew a lot of attention to the issue. People are talking about it. The "boycott" was effective.

They're protesting much more than the death of a single felon. Go ahead and spin it that way if it makes you feel safe and snug, snowflake.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:20 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:24 pm Yep. How long did that "boycott" last? 24 hrs? :lol: Those clowns care too much about their 7 to 8 figure salaries..And they probably realized that 90+% of the country could care less if they boycotted or not..
If they stop playing for longer they lose their platform. Boycotting (really postponing) a day's games drew a lot of attention to the issue. People are talking about it. The "boycott" was effective.

They're protesting much more than the death of a single felon. Go ahead and spin it that way if it makes you feel safe and snug, snowflake.
Millions heard about it, and the overwhelming majority of the country could care less. :nod: The "boycott" was effective. Yeah, right..Go ahead and believe that if it makes you feel better, snowflake.. :lol:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

All this time during the bubble, myself, Gannon and Gil were the only ones in here talking about the playoffs. Now people seem to feel the need to come in and say they could care less about the NBA, the boycott, the bubble, the playoffs, etc, and turn this into more of a political bull session. You could care less, I get it. Now take it to the poli board where it belongs and leave this for the basketball discussion (that you have said, you could care less).
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

If you could care less, that means you care. :luv:

I couldn't care less about the NBA, so I will leave this thread, as instructed.

In fact, I may leave this site for good. It's no fun anymore and we have some people who seem borderline radical nowadays. Who knows what they're capable of? Probably best just to steer clear and stay away. This is why we can't have nice things.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:54 pm If you could care less, that means you care. :luv:

In fact, I may leave this site for good. It's no fun anymore and we have some people who seem borderline radical nowadays. Who knows what they're capable of? Probably best just to steer clear and stay away. This is why we can't have nice things.
Send Simmons to the Wolves for the #1 pick, and you can care more ;)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

93henfan wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:54 pm If you could care less, that means you care. :luv:

Wentz can play some ball to.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:24 pm

Nah, you can have Embiid but it would have to be the pick and a player. You want to send over KAT and the #1 and you can have Embiid. KAT could play soft in this setup because Horford can play down low and Simmons likes to play from the lane too. KAT could become the new Mike Gminski and just camp out on the outside.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

What's funny about KAT playing soft and camping outside - he and Embiid average the exact same number of 3's per game attempted. Difference is KAT shoots at a higher rate - 31% to 40%.

From two KAT has the advantage 58% to 52%

From the field overall KAT outshoots Embiid 54% to 48% - one more make per game while taking 1 less shot per game

EFG% is 58% to 51% KAT

KAT is a better FT shooter 84% to 79%

KAT averages more rebounds per game over their careers - and more offensive rebounds

KAT averages less turnovers per game

KAT averages less fouls per game

Same exact number of steals per game

There are two areas Joel has the advantage - blocks at 1.8-1.5 and assists 3.1-2.8

But yeah, KAT is the worse player. The soft player.

Defensively you would notice zero difference - and offensively KAT is far more skilled.

Simmons can kick rocks. Go after Booker
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Oh...and despite being in the league 2 less seasons, KAT has played 150 more games.

And that's with the wolves not getting to restart after the Covid shutdown
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Lillard back in Portland for further examination on his injured knee but not expected to have surgery.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/297 ... e-examined

Lillard not expected to return to the bubble.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JALMOND wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:09 am Lillard back in Portland for further examination on his injured knee but not expected to have surgery.

So, Lebron and the Lakers close this series out 4-1. Some grind. :mrgreen:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:18 am What's funny about KAT playing soft and camping outside - he and Embiid average the exact same number of 3's per game attempted. Difference is KAT shoots at a higher rate - 31% to 40%.

From the field overall KAT outshoots Embiid 54% to 48% - one more make per game while taking 1 less shot per game

EFG% is 58% to 51% KAT

KAT averages more rebounds per game over their careers - and more offensive rebounds

There are two areas Joel has the advantage - blocks at 1.8-1.5 and assists 3.1-2.8

Defensively you would notice zero difference - and offensively KAT is far more skilled.

You can't honestly think KAT is as good, or god forbid better, a defensive player as Embiid? Come on, man. :lol:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:02 am
JALMOND wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:09 am Lillard back in Portland for further examination on his injured knee but not expected to have surgery.

So, Lebron and the Lakers close this series out 4-1. Some grind. :mrgreen:
Blazers will win Game 5 so everyone can say how much better McCollum is at PG that Lillard. :ohno: :suspicious:

:lol:
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:04 am
clenz wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:18 am What's funny about KAT playing soft and camping outside - he and Embiid average the exact same number of 3's per game attempted. Difference is KAT shoots at a higher rate - 31% to 40%.

EFG% is 58% to 51% KAT

You can't honestly think KAT is as good, or god forbid better, a defensive player as Embiid? Come on, man. :lol:
In the big scheme of a full game you aren't going to notice any difference between KAT and Embiid

Neither are in the top 100 career defensive rating for current/active NBA players. One has a rating of 104 the other 108. Not a big difference.

This past season KAT gave up an OFG% of 48. Embiid 50

Inside 6' KAT gave up a OFG% of 61%. Embiid 62%
Inside 10 was 58 for both.

On total 2 point shots regardless of distance KAT 53% Embiid 55%

There isn't a ton of difference between the two
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I wish my team with a gazillion lottery picks and the draw of being in a major market could have drafted or attracted a star player as good as Dame. :mrgreen:
FYP :D
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:00 pm

I wish my team with a gazillion lottery picks and the draw of being in a major market could have drafted or attracted a star player as good as Dame. :mrgreen:
Nah, my team already exits the playoffs early, no need for Dame to do that for us, we got that covered. :thumb:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:44 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Nah, my team already exits the playoffs early, no need for Dame to do that for us, we got that covered. :thumb:
The odds of the Blazers coming back from down 3-1 are slim without Dame but at least they're still playing.

A limping Blazers team made it to the conference finals last year, not exactly an early exit. You'll try to make the sting go away by pointing out that they were swept in the finals but they still made it that far. Face it, a small market Blazers team with lower expectations has outperformed the Sixers over the last several years.

Are you going to hold it against Dame that he's stuck with the team that drafted him - improving chemistry, building his teammates' confidence, leading and making them better - rather than going shopping for a team that will rent his and another superstar or twos services?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:47 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:24 pm

Nah, you can have Embiid but it would have to be the pick and a player. You want to send over KAT and the #1 and you can have Embiid. KAT could play soft in this setup because Horford can play down low and Simmons likes to play from the lane too. KAT could become the new Mike Gminski and just camp out on the outside.
Embids endurance is questionable.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:47 am Nah, you can have Embiid but it would have to be the pick and a player. You want to send over KAT and the #1 and you can have Embiid. KAT could play soft in this setup because Horford can play down low and Simmons likes to play from the lane too. KAT could become the new Mike Gminski and just camp out on the outside.
Embids endurance is questionable.
At best

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Defending champs are in a hole, down 2 games to zip to the Celtics
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:52 pm Defending champs are in a hole, down 2 games to zip to the Celtics
U-S-A!

U-S-A!

:mrgreen:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.