Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by Pwns »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:47 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 pm

I’m still getting used to how many idiots there are. And they walk amongst us...
I think we've reached a point in our history where we need to fix it so that only people with graduate degrees can vote. I think we'd have a much better country.
No thanks. I dont want president Susan Sontag any more than I want another Trump. What a bizarre post. :suspicious:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

You do want more Trump, though.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Well that’s fucking stupid. Really stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:41 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:24 am

Und I haff zwei graduate degrees! So I can outvote you, Dummkopf! :dunce: :silly:

That is fine. I can tell from looking at exit polling results that this would be a better country if only people with graduate degrees could vote. The impact on me is irrelevant. If I want to vote I can get a graduate degree.
So, you are saying that you’d disenfranchise yourself to get Trump out of office. 8-)

Political seppuku right there.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Pwns wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:52 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:47 pm

I think we've reached a point in our history where we need to fix it so that only people with graduate degrees can vote. I think we'd have a much better country.
No thanks. I dont want president Susan Sontag any more than I want another Trump. What a bizarre post. :suspicious:
You don’t have to worry about Sontag, Pwnsie. She’s been dead for 15 years. Hillary Clinton proves your point better.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:27 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:31 am We should get rid of the Presidency. A singular person with that much power, Constitutional or not, is a ridiculous concept. It's more ridiculous when the position is voted through an electoral college system.
I don't recall you making this statement between 2008 and 2016. :coffee:
Sometimes it takes a really fucking stupid orange person to open your eyes :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Amend the Constitution or STFU

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:04 pm Amend the Constitution or STFU

Twirpz’s America: No POTUS, 10,000 Congresscritters, 10,000 judges

That engine of guvmint would hum, baby
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Silenoz wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:24 pm
SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:27 pm

I don't recall you making this statement between 2008 and 2016. :coffee:
Sometimes it takes a really fucking stupid orange person to open your eyes :coffee:
Except the logical response from the opposition would to be to put together a coherent platform with a half decent candidate. Instead the DNC pushes the worst candidate ever (hildog) followed by an old white guy with dementia. But yeah let's just do away with the Presidency instead. :lol: :dunce:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:55 am

That is fine. I can tell from looking at exit polling results that this would be a better country if only people with graduate degrees could vote. The impact on me is irrelevant. If I want to vote I can get a graduate degree.
So, you are saying that you’d disenfranchise yourself to get Trump out of office. 8-)

Thanks for teaching me a new word. Yes I would give up my current right to vote and it's not just Trump. He's the worst thing so far but not the only thing.

If I want to vote I could just get a Masters. It'd take a couple of years. I could either do one I"m interested in or I could pick an easy one just so I can vote.

Just goes to show that I care more about my country than I do about myself, right? Get rid of the Republican Party as a factor and enter the New Enlightenment.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

BTW if it was just Trump I might be persuaded to just go with 4 year degree and above. Check out question 5 in this poll (go to the second occurrence of it where they've got it broken down):

It estimates that Whites with at least a 4 year degree would, if the election were held today, vote for Biden over Trump by 52% to 42%. Meanwhile it estimates that Whites without at least a 4 year degree would, if the election day were held today, vote for Trump over Biden by 59% to 34%.

Clearly we need to see to it that Whites without at least a 4 year degree cannot vote. I know that would leave Bill Gates out. But it'd be best for the country. Yes, Gates is smart. But way too many others in that group are not.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Thanks for teaching me a new word. Yes I would give up my current right to vote and it's not just Trump. He's the worst thing so far but not the only thing.

If I want to vote I could just get a Masters. It'd take a couple of years. I could either do one I"m interested in or I could pick an easy one just so I can vote.

Just goes to show that I care more about my country than I do about myself, right? Get rid of the Republican Party as a factor and enter the New Enlightenment.
Arguing that only people with a graduate degree should be able to vote because you don't like the current POTUS is Trip-level naive and shortsighted. I don't like the POTUS so we have to change the system. It's no better than arguing that only people who own property should vote or that only white, males should vote.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

We don't need to amend the Constitution. Well...we could get rid of electing Presidents via an Electoral College but that's a different issue. With respect to the role of the Presidency we just need for Congress to re-assert itself. We have to somehow get out of the cycle whereby when the President of one of the two major Parties is in power everybody in Congress who is in that Party becomes a sychophant. We need people in Congress who are interested in maintaining the Legislative Branch's role as the pre-eminent branch.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:24 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Arguing that only people with a graduate degree should be able to vote because you don't like the current POTUS is Trip-level naive and shortsighted. I don't like the POTUS so we have to change the system. It's no better than arguing that only people who own property should vote or that only white, males should vote.
AS I said it is not just not liking the current POTUS. That is kind of the final straw. But it's not the only indication.

It's different than arguing that only people with property or only White males should vote because it's directly related to being informed. We could, instead, do a poll test that's essentially a short IQ test and say only people with IQs 115 or above can vote. That would help Republicans in one respect in that it would disproportionately exclude Blacks and Hispanics. But I think the end result would still be bad for the Republican Party as it is. You'd be talking about only allowing the top 16% of the intelligence distribution to vote and I don't think Republicans would do well.
Could I ever be a star?

Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:35 pm

We don't need to amend the Constitution. Well...we could get rid of electing Presidents via an Electoral College but that's a different issue. With respect to the role of the Presidency we just need for Congress to re-assert itself. We have to somehow get out of the cycle whereby when the President of one of the two major Parties is in power everybody in Congress who is in that Party becomes a sychophant. We need people in Congress who are interested in maintaining the Legislative Branch's role as the pre-eminent branch.
It's three separate, yet equal branches there, Einstein.

Maybe you shouldn't be able to vote. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:04 pm

BTW if it was just Trump I might be persuaded to just go with 4 year degree and above. Check out question 5 in this poll (go to the second occurrence of it where they've got it broken down):

It estimates that Whites with at least a 4 year degree would, if the election were held today, vote for Biden over Trump by 52% to 42%. Meanwhile it estimates that Whites without at least a 4 year degree would, if the election day were held today, vote for Trump over Biden by 59% to 34%.

Clearly we need to see to it that Whites without at least a 4 year degree cannot vote. I know that would leave Bill Gates out. But it'd be best for the country. Yes, Gates is smart. But way too many others in that group are not.
Whatever, StMengele.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:35 pm
Silenoz wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:24 pm
Except the logical response from the opposition would to be to put together a coherent platform with a half decent candidate. Instead the DNC pushes the worst candidate ever (hildog) followed by an old white guy with dementia. But yeah let's just do away with the Presidency instead. :lol: :dunce:
Logic took off when we ended up with Hilary and Trump, and he ain't ever coming back :lol:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Silenoz wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:37 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:35 pm

Logic took off when we ended up with Hilary and Trump, and he ain't ever coming back :lol:
On that we agree.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

We've become a nation of cunts that deserve to have a cunt like Trump inflicted on us. As usual I warned you cunts years ago, right here at cs.com, that Citizens United was GAME OVER. As usual you cunts weren't listening, but I tried....
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:51 am We've become a nation of cunts that deserve to have a cunt like Trump inflicted on us. As usual I warned you cunts years ago, right here at cs.com, that Citizens United was GAME OVER. As usual you cunts weren't listening, but I tried....
And, as by far the biggest drive-by cunt on this board, you should know! :thumb:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:51 am We've become a nation of cunts that deserve to have a cunt like Trump inflicted on us. As usual I warned you cunts years ago, right here at cs.com, that Citizens United was GAME OVER. As usual you cunts weren't listening, but I tried....
And, as by far the biggest drive-by cunt on this board, you should know! :thumb:
I love how people who have no problem with campaign contributions in general get so up in arms about CU.

The real solution is easy but neither side wants it.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:50 am
Ivytalk wrote:
I love how people who have no problem with campaign contributions in general get so up in arms about CU.

The real solution is easy but neither side wants it.

How many are there?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

If money was everything it would've been Hillary Clinton versus Jeb Bush in 2016.

Ironically for the Citizens United zealots, Donald Trump is probably also the least-controlled president ever. He does what's good for Trump (or at least what he thinks is good for him) and doesn't GAF what the GOP or it's donors think.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

The usual progressive nostrum of public financing of elections, besides being the most un-libertarian option out there, does nothing to alleviate the problem of the duopoly. Republicans and Democrats would get the lion’s share of the money, leaving crumbs for third parties.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Pwns wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:08 am If money was everything it would've been Hillary Clinton versus Jeb Bush in 2016.

Ironically for the Citizens United zealots, Donald Trump is probably also the least-controlled president ever. He does what's good for Trump (or at least what he thinks is good for him) and doesn't GAF what the GOP or it's donors think.
Money is NOT everything but it’s more than just presidential elections.