The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:06 pm EOs have been used over the years for mundane things like catering menus, whatever.

Using them in place of legislative action was mostly an Obama invention (yes - Reagan used one - to close a legislative loophole with the consent of Congress). Trump has of course built on the Obama legacy.

My hope is that this serves as an example to people why EOs in place of legislation are a bad idea.. because if your guy can do it, so can the other guy. And no executive ever relinquishes that kind of power.

Unfortunately I don’t think we are going to learn that lesson. My guy’s EOs were no big deal but your guy’s are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind of like when Reid used the nuclear option to get Sotamayor through, then the Dems were just aghast that the Reps would do the same thing with Kavanaugh. Fucking retards. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:06 pm EOs have been used over the years for mundane things like catering menus, whatever.

Using them in place of legislative action was mostly an Obama invention (yes - Reagan used one - to close a legislative loophole with the consent of Congress). Trump has of course built on the Obama legacy.

My hope is that this serves as an example to people why EOs in place of legislation are a bad idea.. because if your guy can do it, so can the other guy. And no executive ever relinquishes that kind of power.

Unfortunately I don’t think we are going to learn that lesson. My guy’s EOs were no big deal but your guy’s are different

MY hope is that those that consider a vote to be "offensive", and not "defensive", will re-consider. ;)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

In response to McConnell's directive that "he gets nothing" and Job 1 is to "make him a one-term President". Gotta fight with the weapons at hand - by comparison Trump had it easy
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:

In response to McConnell's directive that "he gets nothing" and Job 1 is to "make him a one-term President". Gotta fight with the weapons at hand - by comparison Trump had it easy
Nope, it is still an abuse of authority that Presidents don’t have in the first place.

Congress absolutely has the authority to claim itself as a check on the Executive - its right there in the founders’ design. Just because Cocaine Mitch says it out loud is not cause for a temper tantrum

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

We should get rid of the Presidency. A singular person with that much power, Constitutional or not, is a ridiculous concept. It's more ridiculous when the position is voted through an electoral college system.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:31 am We should get rid of the Presidency. A singular person with that much power, Constitutional or not, is a ridiculous concept. It's more ridiculous when the position is voted through an electoral college system.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:31 am We should get rid of the Presidency. A singular person with that much power, Constitutional or not, is a ridiculous concept. It's more ridiculous when the position is voted through an electoral college system.
Worthy of a discussion.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Any guesses as to how the woman in the video at this link voted for in 2016 or how she will vote in 2020?

https://www.wisn.com/article/coronaviru ... s/33599218#
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I'm fine with having a Chief Executive of the Executive Branch. What I have a problem is is the idea that the Executive should be looked at as the most powerful branch or the "policy setting" branch. To me, the Constitution clearly makes the Legislative branch the most powerful branch. It makes the rules. It sets the policies. The job of the Executive Branch is to implement the will of the Legislative branch.

Yes, the Constitution gives the President some influence on policy in the form of the veto. But the Legislative branch can override that. When it comes right down to it, what the Legislative Branch says goes if the Legislative branch really wants it. The Legislative branch can also remove a President from office.

The Legislative branch makes the law. The Executive branch implements the law. That's the way it is supposed to work.
Could I ever be a star?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:57 pm Any guesses as to how the woman in the video at this link voted for in 2016 or how she will vote in 2020?

I’m still getting used to how many idiots there are. And they walk amongst us...
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:57 pm Any guesses as to how the woman in the video at this link voted for in 2016 or how she will vote in 2020?

I’m still getting used to how many idiots there are. And they walk amongst us...

Can we develop an infertility aerosol and prevent them from procreating?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Bold move calling the people in the first photo idiots when 100% of them are wearing a mask (correctly I may add) with signs saying "Black Lives Matter" and "Tyranny will not Bring Peace". It's definitely the sort of pic where history takes a look and judges, "IDIOTS!"
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I think we've reached a point in our history where we need to fix it so that only people with graduate degrees can vote. I think we'd have a much better country.
Could I ever be a star?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:24 pm Bold move calling the people in the first photo idiots when 100% of them are wearing a mask (correctly I may add) with signs saying "Black Lives Matter" and "Tyranny will not Bring Peace". It's definitely the sort of pic where history takes a look and judges, "IDIOTS!"
You thinking that it is ok to riot and loot shows your bias toward the left. People protesting for BLM also show their idiocy when they assault people that disagree with them - brutalizing others is an ironic approach to demonstrating your opposition to police brutality. Both groups of people are representative of idiots for different reasons, but idiots nonetheless.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:48 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:24 pm Bold move calling the people in the first photo idiots when 100% of them are wearing a mask (correctly I may add) with signs saying "Black Lives Matter" and "Tyranny will not Bring Peace". It's definitely the sort of pic where history takes a look and judges, "IDIOTS!"
You thinking that it is ok to riot and loot shows your bias toward the left. People protesting for BLM also show their idiocy when they assault people that disagree with them - brutalizing others is an ironic approach to demonstrating your opposition to police brutality. Both groups of people are representative of idiots for different reasons, but idiots nonetheless.
And you actually used a terrible picture. Trip acts as if all the BLM protesters wear masks.

20% mask usage?

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:47 pm

I think we've reached a point in our history where we need to fix it so that only people with graduate degrees can vote. I think we'd have a much better country.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

So if 100% wore masks you’re fine with this kind of gathering?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:54 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:48 pm
And you actually used a terrible picture. Trip acts as if all the BLM protesters wear masks.

20% mask usage?

Thanks 89. And even if some are wearing masks, I'm pretty sure they're violating ordinances against large gatherings.

This BS that protests are ok and church, etc. isn't is a double standard that helped feed the "we're not wearing masks" cause. Blame for where we doesn't just rest with Trump, Democratic leaders like Cuomo, DeBlasio, Kate Brown, etc. are guilty as well.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:17 pm

20% mask usage?

Thanks 89. And even if some are wearing masks, I'm pretty sure they're violating ordinances against large gatherings.

This BS that protests are ok and church, etc. isn't is a double standard that helped feed the "we're not wearing masks" cause. Blame for where we doesn't just rest with Trump, Democratic leaders like Cuomo, DeBlasio, Kate Brown, etc. are guilty as well.
:nod: :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

I don't recall you making this statement between 2008 and 2016. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

And JSO chimes in with an idea that's even more fucking retarded than Trips. :lol: :lol: :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:17 pm

20% mask usage?

I'm pretty sure these kinds of gatherings are permitted. But the ones that go against the msm narrative aren't.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Und I haff zwei graduate degrees! So I can outvote you, Dummkopf! :dunce: :silly:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:24 am

Und I haff zwei graduate degrees! So I can outvote you, Dummkopf! :dunce: :silly:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ivytalk wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:24 am

That is fine. I can tell from looking at exit polling results that this would be a better country if only people with graduate degrees could vote. The impact on me is irrelevant. If I want to vote I can get a graduate degree.
Could I ever be a star?