CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
I have a buddy who has one of those lasers. They are made mostly in Russia and they are no joke. You can start fires with them they are so powerful.

I dont want to see the regulated but they are being used to damage the eyes of LE officers. The problem is possession of them isn’t illegal in most places, and finding the person who used one on somebody else is very difficult.

Somebody who shines one of those things at me is going to go to the hospital. Right now that’s the only deterrent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

I wish these losers would just go back to playing D&D in their basements.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

...and klam said all the thugs left town. :?

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Baldy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:04 pm ...and klam said all the thugs left town. :?

ANTIFA, BLM- one in the same..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:04 pm ...and klam said all the thugs left town. :?

You’re right. I should have said “Brute Squad.” There are thugs in every large city.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 am

You’re right. I should have said “Brute Squad.” There are thugs in every large city.
So now you're saying that even after the Feds left town, the peaceful protests really aren't all that peaceful after all?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:58 am

These aren’t “thugs”. These are terrorists.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Sat night:
Riot declared as protesters set fire to Portland police union offices, authorities say

PORTLAND, Ore. – A fire inside a police union building led authorities in Portland, Oregon, to declare a riot and force protesters away from the offices as violent demonstrations continue in the city that had hoped for calm after federal agents withdrew more than a week ago.

A group of demonstrators broke into the Portland Police Association building, set the fire and were adding to it when officers made the riot declaration late Saturday, police tweeted. Video shot by a journalist shows smoke and flames rising from inside the building.

Several hundred people had gathered outside the offices, which are located about 5 miles north of the federal courthouse that had been the target of nightly violence earlier this summer. The Portland Police Association is a labor union that represents members of the Portland Police Bureau.

Live video had shown multiple dumpster fires had been set near the building, less than half an hour after police tweeted that “criminal activities including, but not limited to, vandalism, unlawful entry to the building, or fire starting,” could be subject to arrest, the use of tear gas and/or crowd-control munitions.

Once the riot was declared – just after 11:30 p.m. – officers formed a line and used flash bangs and smoke canisters to force the crowd away from the area.

Rallies were also held earlier in the afternoon and evening throughout the city, including at Peninsula, Laurelhurst and Berrydale parks, local media reported....
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/3329837001

Wait, how can this be? I thought the rioting was only because of the feds, who left over a week ago? :?
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:33 am

So looting and destruction of property are inevitable? :?

Kalm, you might want to rethink your statement above and how it reads from a business owner, who's lively hood has been destroyed and they have no recourse to rebuild. Their life and love of their business has just been taken away by individuals that believe destruction will get their point across. Talking to them about it, I can guarantee it is not a ho-hum matter.
I didn’t say it was a ho-hummer, unsympathetic, or that I wouldn’t be pissed of in their shoes.
My apologies, Kalm. I took your last paragraph in the wrong way. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:43 am
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:33 am

I didn’t say it was a ho-hummer, unsympathetic, or that I wouldn’t be pissed of in their shoes.
No worries. I’m only right about one quarter of the time. :mrgreen:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:08 am
Winterborn wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:43 am

No worries. I’m only right about one quarter of the time. :mrgreen:
Same here. But some days I feel like I get 24 cents back in change..... :whistle: :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Everybody on the schadenfreude express!

https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/20 ... new-trend/

I’m think this might be like the Tea Party and will disappear when there’s a Dem in the White House

But God I hope not... I hope these municipal leaders have to quit and move away

BTW... I have an answer for these asshole children- just shoot them with pepper balls... they’re nonlethal. These shits throw piss and paint? Throw it back at em. Then when they retaliate with something stronger (and they will) then you can come out with old smokey

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Eating their own...

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:Eating their own...

She criticized their defunding plans so they cut her pay.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:07 pm
SDHornet wrote:Eating their own...

She criticized their defunding plans so they cut her pay.

Cut her pay to 70 cents on the dollar compared to her male counterparts?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Things didn't go too well in the suburbs, so Antifa returned to the Federal Courthouse. So we still going with "Trumps fault" on these riots?

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Has anyone considered these folks just like to watch stuff catch on fire or blow up? Every Twitter thing I see just has a bunch of people hanging around and tossing an incendiary every now and then and filming it. I think they're just fireworks junkies.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:45 am Things didn't go too well in the suburbs, so Antifa returned to the Federal Courthouse. So we still going with "Trumps fault" on these riots?

Yeah, lol at the assclowns, including on here, who tried to blame the fed presence on the rioting at the courthouse..
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:24 am Has anyone considered these folks just like to watch stuff catch on fire or blow up? Every Twitter thing I see just has a bunch of people hanging around and tossing an incendiary every now and then and filming it. I think they're just fireworks junkies.
They are called pyromaniacs and probably should take this test.

#4 and 6 are probably particular areas of concern.... :coffee:

http://www.ietherapy.com/pyromania/self ... f-test.php

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:47 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:45 am Things didn't go too well in the suburbs, so Antifa returned to the Federal Courthouse. So we still going with "Trumps fault" on these riots?

Yeah, lol at the assclowns, including on here, who tried to blame the fed presence on the rioting at the courthouse..
If you're calling me an assclown you should look in the mirror. I didn't blame the rioting on the federal presence, I said it aggravated the situation.

The riots themselves aren't Trump's fault but he and the big bad Wolf did throw gasoline on the fire in order to increase his chances of reelection.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:39 pm

ANTIFA, BLM- one in the same..
yeah, and all cops are Derek Chauvin. :silly:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:55 am
If you're calling me an assclown you should look in the mirror. I didn't blame the rioting on the federal presence, I said it aggravated the situation.

The riots themselves aren't Trump's fault but he and the big bad Wolf did throw gasoline on the fire in order to increase his chances of reelection.
Not to mention changing the subject to brave policemen protecting us from anarchy rather than thug cops executing handcuffed suspects in the middle of the street in broad daylight. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Yup, having Federal personnel defending the Federal Courthouse from being razed by the Antifa/BLM rioters definitely aggravated the situation. :lol: :dunce:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 am

Yup, having Federal personnel defending the Federal Courthouse from being razed by the Antifa/BLM rioters definitely aggravated the situation. :lol: :dunce:
When the average number of protesters/rioters went from 100 before the Feds arrival to 1,000 after I think it's fair to argue that they aggravated the situation. Trumpkins and Wolfy were more interested in boosting his reelection efforts than protecting a courthouse or American lives.

I'm not defending the rioters, the mayor, governor and others dropped the ball by neutering the police response.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 am Yup, having Federal personnel defending the Federal Courthouse from being razed by the Antifa/BLM rioters definitely aggravated the situation. :lol: :dunce:
When the average number of protesters/rioters went from 100 before the Feds arrival to 1,000 after I think it's fair to argue that they aggravated the situation. Trumpkins and Wolfy were more interested in boosting his reelection efforts than protecting a courthouse or American lives.

I'm not defending the rioters, the mayor, governor and others dropped the ball by neutering the police response.
People should just think of protecting Federal property like Lincoln resupplying the US garrison at Fort Sumter then they’ll feel better