Political discussions
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:31 pm
Pwns wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:13 pm Yeah, I agree it'll be Rice.

Harris could cause some of the proggies to not vote, but no one except Republicans are going to care about Benghazi and war isn't war when a Democrat does it.
Well, hopefully Harris causes some of the proggies to not vote.
Oh she'll cause a lot of Leftists and blacks to stay home. I expect the "forced mail in vote" rhetoric to be significantly ramped up by the msm because of this move.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:19 pm I’m guessing Rice is the VP pick.

I hope it’s Lockemup Harris but I think its Rice.

Harris won’t be able to defend her actions as DA. Rice can’t defend her hawkishness on Libya and Syria, but war is ok as long as Democrats do it.

Advantage: Rice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Surprised Biden’s handlers chose Harris.
Well, she could be the safe pick though - team Trump could on on the attack over Rice but there isn’t as much there with Harris.

After some thought, I wonder if voters won’t go for a law and order Dem ticket? The media and social media tend to inflate the violence and shenanigans going on right now, and I wonder if a plurality of people aren’t getting fed up.

Time will tell, I guess
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:21 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Yep. Surprised Biden’s handlers chose Harris.
Well, she could be the safe pick though - team Trump could on on the attack over Rice but there isn’t as much there with Harris.

After some thought, I wonder if voters won’t go for a law and order Dem ticket? The media and social media tend to inflate the violence and shenanigans going on right now, and I wonder if a plurality of people aren’t getting fed up.

Time will tell, I guess
How much will the Harris pick cost Biden with progressives? They really hate Trump so they might come out regardless. They might not like Biden or Harris but they're clearly the lesser of two evils in their eyes. Defeating Trump is the priority.

She will likely help him pick up more moderates than some of the other possibilities.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:21 pm Well, she could be the safe pick though - team Trump could on on the attack over Rice but there isn’t as much there with Harris.

Time will tell, I guess
How much will the Harris pick cost Biden with progressives? They really hate Trump so they might come out regardless. They might not like Biden or Harris but they're clearly the lesser of two evils in their eyes. Defeating Trump is the priority.

She will likely help him pick up more moderates than some of the other possibilities.
That’s hard to say

But progressives are demonstrably more uptight than the Trumpies

Case in point: the GOP base hated Obama but couldnt be bothered to come out for Romney in 2012

I think they’ll come out for Biden/Harris but whether enough of them will remains to be seen

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Yep. Surprised Biden’s handlers chose Harris.

Time will tell, I guess
Truer words were never spoken. :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

At the end of the day, if I had to pick between Clinton or Harris as POTUS

It would be Harris all day long

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Pwns wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:13 pm Yeah, I agree it'll be Rice.

Harris could cause some of the proggies to not vote, but no one except Republicans are going to care about Benghazi and war isn't war when a Democrat does it.

The ones that will do that are already not voting brcause Biden; Harris won't increase that number

I think that somewhere deep inside the Democrats want to lose. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:50 am

The ones that will do that are already not voting brcause Biden; Harris won't increase that number

I think that somewhere deep inside the Democrats want to lose. :coffee:
Of course they do! Because Democrats have elevated whining to an art form, and four more years of Trump will give them a chance to perfect it.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:33 pm

Time will tell, I guess

She's clearly the safest pick for the Republican wing of the Democrat Party. I doubt she'll have any more impact than VP candidates usually do
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:02 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:17 am

If the cops could just find a way to refrain from executing handcuffed suspects in the middle of the street in broad daylight we wouldn't have nearly the problem. :coffee:
1,000,000+ police/citizen interactions a year, and you want to focus on the 10 that went bad.

You’re as bad as Black Lives Matter focusing on the .6% of blacks being shot by cops, but ignoring the 99.4% being killed by other blacks.

Nicely done, houndawg. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
There you go again. The many police executions caught on video by civilians are the tip of the iceberg.

You should wear your mask more :ohno:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:50 pm At the end of the day, if I had to pick between Clinton or Harris as POTUS

Any rational person would. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:03 am
CID1990 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:50 pm At the end of the day, if I had to pick between Clinton or Harris as POTUS

But that's an easy one.

What if you had to pick between:

Harris and Trump?

Harris and Pence?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:00 am

But that's an easy one.

Harris and Trump?

Harris and Pence?
Harris over both and I neither like nor trust her.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

But that's an easy one.

Harris and Trump?

Harris and Pence?
Trump and Pence. At that point I am going for what is going to cause the most chaos and disruption. :twisted:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:16 am
But that's an easy one.

Harris and Trump?

Harris and Pence?
Trump and Pence. At that point I am going for what is going to cause the most chaos and disruption. :twisted:
Pence scares me. He's worse than Ted Cruz. He comes across as a true believer. A religious zealot who would be fine with starting armageddon because it would bring about judgement day where he and his loved ones ascend into heaven while sinners descend into hell.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:24 am

Pence scares me. He's worse than Ted Cruz. He comes across as a true believer. A religious zealot who would be fine with starting armageddon because it would bring about judgement day where he and his loved ones ascend into heaven while sinners descend into hell.
I am not that worried about him, true believer or not. The items that he would like to push are pretty well protected by existing court precedents and he is not that likely to raise taxes or expand the welfare state.

Harris on the other hand is much more likely to push for regulations and taxes that will directly impact my hobbies and wallet.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:58 am
I am not that worried about him, true believer or not. The items that he would like to push are pretty well protected by existing court precedents and he is not that likely to raise taxes or expand the welfare state.

Harris on the other hand is much more likely to push for regulations and taxes that will directly impact my hobbies and wallet.
I'm more worried about Pence having the nuclear football than I am Trump and Trump's unpredictability and instability scare me.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Yeah the "Pence will throw all the gays in camps" narrative doesn't really go well with the checks and balances we have in our government.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm

I'm more worried about Pence having the nuclear football than I am Trump and Trump's unpredictability and instability scare me.
This.

Pence knows how Washington works, and is also a crazy person. Trump's just narcissistic and stupid.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:15 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:13 pm

This.

Pence knows how Washington works, and is also a crazy person.
And yet the Leftist were hell bent on impeaching Trump. Care to take a guess at who would have been President had the silent coup been successful?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
Winterborn wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:03 am Any rational person would. :coffee:
But that's an easy one.

Harris and Trump?

Harris and Pence?
Harris over Trump for sure

I might actually go for Pence over Harris... he’d be the do no harm placeholder Prez

(The Jesus people don’t bother me)

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:13 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:02 am

1,000,000+ police/citizen interactions a year, and you want to focus on the 10 that went bad.

You’re as bad as Black Lives Matter focusing on the .6% of blacks being shot by cops, but ignoring the 99.4% being killed by other blacks.

Nicely done, houndawg. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
There you go again. The many police executions caught on video by civilians are the tip of the iceberg.

You should wear your mask more :ohno:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: "Many". :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

The only place where "many" blacks are executed on a weekly basis is Chicago (well, and now NY & Minneapolis, what with their "defund the police" push)….
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

You all know that if Trump gets reelected, then that fat fuck Capn Cat comes back. Trump will make manufacturing boom.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

As bad ad Biden is, the Democrats are energized for this election. They would vote for almost anyone over Trump. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt by saying almost anyone.