Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Political discussions
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by Baldy »

In Portland, black lives matter, you faggot.

Right, dback?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:15 pm Now they're beating and pepper spraying a 50 year old Navy vet without apparent provocation other than harsh words about their oaths to the Constitution ...

That guy is a bad ass. Didn't even flinch when hit by the baton. Old guy too. That was amazing. I bet the guy who hit him had his penis shrink to 1/4 size when he did that and the guy didn't even flinch.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:17 pm Gettin ugly out there. States rights...limited government, right to protest and such..
:nod: & :ohno: Are they wearing anything like a name badge or number so that they can be identified for trial later?

CID, is there any legitimate reason that a federal officer not working undercover shouldn't be identifiable?
I’m sure they are making an “officer safety” argument for not being identifiable but whatever...

I am really happy Fed LE arrogance is being displayed this way... these guys are every DEA task force I ever encountered

The Libertarian Party should be campaigning on this crap. But instead, people will vote for the Dems - the one party with the worst track record of weaponizing Fed LE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:10 pm
UNI88 wrote:
:nod: & :ohno: Are they wearing anything like a name badge or number so that they can be identified for trial later?

CID, is there any legitimate reason that a federal officer not working undercover shouldn't be identifiable?
I’m sure they are making an “officer safety” argument for not being identifiable but whatever...

I am really happy Fed LE arrogance is being displayed this way... these guys are every DEA task force I ever encountered

The Libertarian Party should be campaigning on this crap. But instead, people will vote for the Dems - the one party with the worst track record of weaponizing Fed LE

Officer safety? The federal government doesn't have the resources and wherewithal to place a unique and readable sequence of letters and/or numbers on an agent's uniform or fatigues that can be tied back to their information only with a court order? This should be a part of the Patriot Act. Why are agents wearing fatigues? If they want to militarize the DHS then it should be subject to Posse Comitatus.

Jeff Deist with the Mises Institute had an interesting take on this ...

ABOUT THOSE SPOOKY FEDERAL COPS IN PORTLAND
Dear Portlandia progressives: a federal government big enough to take care of you is a federal government big enough to "take care of you."
Scary unidentifiable police, federal black sites, and procedureless snatching of individuals from the streets are the wholly predictable and natural consequences of the very policies you advocated for decades. Why do you imagine a big government with lots of power will restrict itself to the cozy "social issues" and economic takings you support? Government can seize the means of production, but not seize you?
The Ron Paul quote on Homeland Security was prescient.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:10 pm I’m sure they are making an “officer safety” argument for not being identifiable but whatever...

Officer safety? The federal government doesn't have the resources and wherewithal to place a unique and readable sequence of letters and/or numbers on an agent's uniform or fatigues that can be tied back to their information only with a court order? This should be a part of the Patriot Act. Why are agents wearing fatigues? If they want to militarize the DHS then it should be subject to Posse Comitatus.

Dear Portlandia progressives: a federal government big enough to take care of you is a federal government big enough to "take care of you."
Scary unidentifiable police, federal black sites, and procedureless snatching of individuals from the streets are the wholly predictable and natural consequences of the very policies you advocated for decades. Why do you imagine a big government with lots of power will restrict itself to the cozy "social issues" and economic takings you support? Government can seize the means of production, but not seize you?
I said I’m sure that’s what they will say - I am not defending the practice
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:57 pm
UNI88 wrote:

I said I’m sure that’s what they will say - I am not defending the practice
Sorry, that was directed at DHS and it's/Trump's sycophants not you.

And you're right, this is an opportunity for the Libertarian Party. Opposition to this is consistent with it's core values and should have crossover appeal from the SJWs protesting around the country to the Clive Bundy types.
Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:10 pm
UNI88 wrote:

The LP IS campaigning on this crap. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:45 am
Why are they driving around in unmarked minivans with Florida plates?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
I’m ok with unmarked cars. You can’t leave a marked one unattended without it being set on fire or otherwise disabled.

Baldy
Level4
Level4

Post by Baldy »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:35 am
Because they're having to deal with people who do this:

and this

and this

and this

and on

and on

and on
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:16 am
kalm wrote:
I’m ok with unmarked cars. You can’t leave a marked one unattended without it being set on fire or otherwise disabled.

That makes sense.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Good to see some cities pushing back but man...potential for some problems...
“My dad volunteered and served in World War II to fight fascism, like most of my uncles, so we would not have an American president brutalizing and kidnapping Americans for exercising their constitutional rights and trying to make America a better place, which is what patriots do,” said Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner in a statement. “Anyone, including federal law enforcement, who unlawfully assaults and kidnaps people will face criminal charges from my office.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... ral-agents
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Baldy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:54 am
I see as SRT but not a personal identifier for this guy. Are USBP agents wearing identifiers but not other agents?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:08 am
Baldy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:54 am
I see as SRT but not a personal identifier for this guy. Are USBP agents wearing identifiers but not other agents?
Hey, 88, no more virtue-signaling! Now get off the fence and down in the trenches to protect your city! :nod:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:12 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:08 am
Hey, 88, no more virtue-signaling! Now get off the fence and down in the trenches to protect your city! :nod:
I'm not going anywhere near that mess. I'm a middle-aged white small l libertarian male and could be a target of the rioters and the storm troopers.

What is the LP doing to campaign on this crap?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:15 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:12 am

I'm not going anywhere near that mess. I'm a middle-aged white small l libertarian male and could be a target of the rioters and the storm troopers.

Look at the Jorgensen-Cohen website law enforcement portion.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:37 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:15 am

This?
“I am appalled that the United States ranks number one in the world for having the highest percentage of people imprisoned. I am also appalled that the federal government permits police to seize a person’s assets without first convicting them of a crime, and then keep most of the assets seized. This is literally highway robbery. As President, I will use my Constitutional authority to end federal civil asset forfeiture prior to conviction, and pardon persons convicted of non-violent victimless crimes. I will also work with Congress to end the failed War on Drugs and other victimless crime laws.”
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I just got finished with the Waco miniseries on Netflix and I think the "no one has ever been so abused by the feds" funny and ironically Trumpian.

What's funnier is some of the people pitching the biggest fits today would be cheering the FBI and ATF on if that incident happened today.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:00 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:37 am

This?
“I am appalled that the United States ranks number one in the world for having the highest percentage of people imprisoned. I am also appalled that the federal government permits police to seize a person’s assets without first convicting them of a crime, and then keep most of the assets seized. This is literally highway robbery. As President, I will use my Constitutional authority to end federal civil asset forfeiture prior to conviction, and pardon persons convicted of non-violent victimless crimes. I will also work with Congress to end the failed War on Drugs and other victimless crime laws.”
That’s part of it. The LP is also for ending qualified immunity and against militarizing the police. That said, the LP opposes defunding the police. It recognizes the role of police in protecting life and property in a civilized society.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:23 am That’s part of it. The LP is also for ending qualified immunity and against militarizing the police. That said, the LP opposes defunding the police. It recognizes the role of police in protecting life and property in a civilized society.
That is consistent with my beliefs regarding the police.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:48 am
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:23 am That’s part of it. The LP is also for ending qualified immunity and against militarizing the police. That said, the LP opposes defunding the police. It recognizes the role of police in protecting life and property in a civilized society.
That is consistent with my beliefs regarding the police.
Same but I feel a bit of schadenfreude about the whole situation.

On one hand I am not supportive of what is happening there now from a Fed and a local level but on the other hand I want to crack a beer and find some popcorn.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Because if they drive around in marked vehicles this would be the result due to the left wing anarchist mob in Portland:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:07 am Good to see some cities pushing back but man...potential for some problems...
“My dad volunteered and served in World War II to fight fascism, like most of my uncles, so we would not have an American president brutalizing and kidnapping Americans for exercising their constitutional rights and trying to make America a better place, which is what patriots do,” said Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner in a statement. “Anyone, including federal law enforcement, who unlawfully assaults and kidnaps people will face criminal charges from my office.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... ral-agents
You don’t have a constitutional right to block streets without a permit, smash windows, graffiti and ransack buildings, and throw stuff at the police. As soon as some in the crowd start doing that, its no longer a peaceful protest.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:44 am
Because if they drive around in marked vehicles this would be the result due to the left wing anarchist mob in Portland:
CID beat you to it.
CID1990 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:16 am
kalm wrote: