Political discussions
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Re: Cancel Culture thread

Post by JoltinJoe »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:19 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Didn't C-F-A fold and give in to the LGBTXYZ narratives?
Yep.
I think they've tried to avoid some controversy but they are still being boycotted.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Wait... what’s going on with MyPillow??

Most brilliant marketing strategy ever.

I’m thinking about ordering a half a million acrylic blankets and starting the MyBlanket company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:28 pm Wait... what’s going on with MyPillow??

I’m thinking about ordering a half a million acrylic blankets and starting the MyBlanket company

I know. Crazy, isn't? Charge $60 for a pillow -- but you get a second one "free!"

And now he can't make them fast enough! :lol:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

JoltinJoe wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:10 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:28 pm Wait... what’s going on with MyPillow??

I know. Crazy, isn't? Charge $60 for a pillow -- but you get a second one "free!"

My wife bought them. I didn't like mine, no longer using it. $50 when we bought.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:30 am
JoltinJoe wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:10 pm

My wife bought them. I didn't like mine, no longer using it. $50 when we bought.
Down filling sucks! You need to use much more comfortable polyurethane foam! Cheaper to make, but pay the same price as down! :lol:

Actually, I stayed at a friend's house down the shore, and he had those Giza cotton sheets. They were really nice. So we bought some of them. But the pillows? I just won't pay those prices for polyurethane foam.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JoltinJoe wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:35 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:30 am

Down filling sucks! You need to use much more comfortable polyurethane foam! Cheaper to make, but pay the same price as down! :lol:

Actually, I stayed at a friend's house down the shore, and he had those Giza cotton sheets. They were really nice. So we bought some of them. But the pillows? I just won't pay those prices for polyurethane foam.
I bought a Tempur-pedic pillow about 6-7 years ago. I loved it...then I found a bamboo pillow for $25. It's honestly the best pillow i've had and I take it with me if i'm sleeping out of town (except for my in-laws. I left the tempur-pedic pillow there).
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:59 am
Are the Irish calling for this?

If not, then STFU. I hope ND tells them beat it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AP says it will capitalize Black but not white

NEW YORK (AP) — After changing its usage rules last month to capitalize the word “Black” when used in the context of race and culture, The Associated Press on Monday said it would not do the same for “white.”....
https://apnews.com/7e36c00c5af0436abc09e051261fff1f
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:31 pm

NEW YORK (AP) — After changing its usage rules last month to capitalize the word “Black” when used in the context of race and culture, The Associated Press on Monday said it would not do the same for “white.”....
And the pendulum over swings.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Fukkem. I don’t capitalize either one.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

But why...? This is Pandering 101. :ohno:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Planned Parenthood of Greater New York says it will remove the name of pioneering birth control advocate Margaret Sanger from its Manhattan health clinic because of her “harmful connections to the eugenics movement.
https://wbng.com/2020/07/21/sangers-nam ... -eugenics/
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:54 pm
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York says it will remove the name of pioneering birth control advocate Margaret Sanger from its Manhattan health clinic because of her “harmful connections to the eugenics movement.
PP is just discovering this now? What a basket of estrogenic deplorables! :rofl: The bitch only had those “harmful connections” about 100 years ago!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:05 am
Are the Irish calling for this?

If not, then STFU. I hope ND tells them beat it.
From the article:
He also gives historical context: Irish people once were looked at in the U.S. with the same prejudice that other minority groups are today.
And there it is. If you peel away the thin layer of film, the crux of the situation is revealed.
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Planned Parenthood Removes Margaret Sanger's Name

Okay, this is going to seem kinda upside down, but I disagree with PP, here.

If you view abortion is necessary and not immoral you should stand by the person that stood up for it when abortion was unspeakable and probably very unpopular and don't be spineless.

The point of pointing out that Sanger is a eugenicist is to show there shouldn't be double standards about what historical figures get a pass for their views on race, not that we ought to erase everyone with revolutionary ideas who also embraced ideas that offend our 21st century sensibilities.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Pwns wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:15 am Planned Parenthood Removes Margaret Sanger's Name

Okay, this is going to seem kinda upside down, but I disagree with PP, here.

If you view abortion is necessary and not immoral you should stand by the person that stood up for it when abortion was unspeakable and probably very unpopular and don't be spineless.

The point of pointing out that Sanger is a eugenicist is to show there shouldn't be double standards about what historical figures get a pass for their views on race, not that we ought to erase everyone with revolutionary ideas who also embraced ideas that offend our 21st century sensibilities.
Sanger set up PP for the direct purpose of aborting the undesirables like blacks, browns, and Joos out of existence.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:54 pm
This is like the KKK disavowing J. Calvin Jones because he was a racist. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:07 am Tues night Wisconsin: Democrat state senator attacked by BLM/ANTIFA protestors:
The unrest that unfolded Tuesday night began after 200 to 300 protesters marched through downtown Madison and escalated once they reached the state Capitol grounds. Some tried breaking into the Capitol building but were repelled by police inside with pepper spray...

... One protester was arrested after he allegedly went to a restaurant across the street from the Capitol with a baseball bat. The man, identified as Devenore Johnson, 28, spoke through a megaphone while walking around the establishment. He was arrested and was seen being carried by police to a squad car.

Others gathered near a condominium building and surrounded a tow truck, forcing the driver to abandon the vehicle. The crowd broke into buildings, and a Molotov cocktail was thrown into a city-county building. Windows at the Tommy Thompson Center, named for the former Republican governor, were smashed as well as lights at the Capitol.

Evers said there was “significant damage to state property.”
https://www.foxnews.com/us/wisconsin-go ... onal-guard

2 statues toppled-one of Civil War Col. Hans Christian Heg, who fought for the Union side and was an ardent abolitionist, and one of Wisconsin's motto, "Forward."

Wis National Guard called up yesterday.
So 2 'women', Samantha R. Hamer, 26, (right) and Kerida E. O’Reilly, 33, (left) have been arrested in the attack on what turned out to be a 60 yr old gay democrat state senator.
.....The assault came as the mob was moving to topple two statues including Civil War abolitionist Hans Christian Heg and another of a female figure representing the state’s “Forward” motto.

In a video posted to his Twitter page, Sen. Tim Carpenter (D-Milwaukee) said he was punched and kicked in the head, neck and ribs.

The police had clear pictures of the two women.
Samantha Hamer’s profile on the district’s official homepage (here) states that she assists “students and families who are struggling with social-emotional needs, behavioral issues, or environmental issues in the family, school and/or community.” According to reports, Hamer works as a licensed social worker for the Mount Horeb School District in suburban Madison and O’Reilly is a licensed physical therapist in Madison with a Doctorate in Physical Therapy program from Marquette University.

Hamer has been put on administrative leave by the Mount Horeb School System. This is a violent crime and thus the move was predictable.

Both women however also fall under licensing authority of the Department of Safety and Professional Services, which will now review their licenses for possible revocation.

One issue may be whether the concussion is treated as “serious” or “great” bodily harm under the statute. It is clearly a felony since bodily injury occurred but there is a distinction on the level of harm in terms of the level of felony under Wisconsin law...
https://jonathanturley.org/2020/07/29/state-senator/

My question is, what is causing all these educated millennial white women, who nationwide seem to be a disproportionate # of the protesters, or more than you would expect, to go batshit crazy?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:07 am Tues night Wisconsin: Democrat state senator attacked by BLM/ANTIFA protestors:

2 statues toppled-one of Civil War Col. Hans Christian Heg, who fought for the Union side and was an ardent abolitionist, and one of Wisconsin's motto, "Forward."

So 2 'women', Samantha R. Hamer, 26, (right) and Kerida E. O’Reilly, 33, (left) have been arrested in the attack on what turned out to be a 60 yr old gay democrat state senator.
.....The assault came as the mob was moving to topple two statues including Civil War abolitionist Hans Christian Heg and another of a female figure representing the state’s “Forward” motto.

In a video posted to his Twitter page, Sen. Tim Carpenter (D-Milwaukee) said he was punched and kicked in the head, neck and ribs.

Samantha Hamer’s profile on the district’s official homepage (here) states that she assists “students and families who are struggling with social-emotional needs, behavioral issues, or environmental issues in the family, school and/or community.” According to reports, Hamer works as a licensed social worker for the Mount Horeb School District in suburban Madison and O’Reilly is a licensed physical therapist in Madison with a Doctorate in Physical Therapy program from Marquette University.

Hamer has been put on administrative leave by the Mount Horeb School System. This is a violent crime and thus the move was predictable.

Both women however also fall under licensing authority of the Department of Safety and Professional Services, which will now review their licenses for possible revocation.

One issue may be whether the concussion is treated as “serious” or “great” bodily harm under the statute. It is clearly a felony since bodily injury occurred but there is a distinction on the level of harm in terms of the level of felony under Wisconsin law...

My question is, what is causing all these educated millennial white women, who nationwide seem to be a disproportionate # of the protesters, or more than you would expect, to go batshit crazy?
Well, since they are highly educated, they didn’t get out into the real world until later in life

then the participation trophies stopped coming in...

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

They’ve got a social worker at the school who obviously needs mental help, working with kids. Nice job. You reap what you sow, motherfuckers.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am

Why did you put women between ' '?

I would love to know why the majority of SJWs are white and not black. You would think the blacks would be the majority in these crowds but all I see are a majority of white people.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:54 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:17 am

Why did you put women between ' '?

I would love to know why the majority of SJWs are white and not black. You would think the blacks would be the majority in these crowds but all I see are a majority of white people.
Because one of them sure looks like a man.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

For those of you not from/near the SC and GA coasts, Gullah people are African Americans that settled in those coastal towns and on the sea islands. They are Gullah people, also known as Geechee. There is nothing derogatory about them. Geechee comes from a river in Georgia. Nobody really knows where Gullah came from, some suspect it's derived from Angola - where the Africans came from.

There's a market and mill in Edisto, SC called "Geechie Boy.' It was the owners nickname and since the selling the company, it's still called that. You can buy stone ground grits, corn flower, etc.. It's owned by a white family. I just learned that SJWs are harassing this man to rename the company b/c Geechee is offensive. We asked a black chef we know (who is supposedly an expert on southern cooking) and says it is - but admits he has no idea what Geechee is or where it comes to. :roll:
Spoiler: show
Btw - this guy has no problem getting a degree from Ole Miss for free, simply b/c he's black and using his race in negotiating his salary.
These SJWs have gone so far as to send him hand written letters threatening his life and his children's. The guy has too much inventory to rename and is thinking about selling.

This is total crap. I'm going to make the assumption that these fucks are white who has no clue about the history of the word and name and are just attacking a white man for having a company with a black past. I hope these SJWs get arrested.

/thread.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:04 am For those of you not from/near the SC and GA coasts, Gullah people are African Americans that settled in those coastal towns and on the sea islands. They are Gullah people, also known as Geechee. There is nothing derogatory about them. Geechee comes from a river in Georgia. Nobody really knows where Gullah came from, some suspect it's derived from Angola - where the Africans came from.

There's a market and mill in Edisto, SC called "Geechie Boy.' It was the owners nickname and since the selling the company, it's still called that. You can buy stone ground grits, corn flower, etc.. It's owned by a white family. I just learned that SJWs are harassing this man to rename the company b/c Geechee is offensive. We asked a black chef we know (who is supposedly an expert on southern cooking) and says it is - but admits he has no idea what Geechee is or where it comes to. :roll:
Spoiler: show
Btw - this guy has no problem getting a degree from Ole Miss for free, simply b/c he's black and using his race in negotiating his salary.
These SJWs have gone so far as to send him hand written letters threatening his life and his children's. The guy has too much inventory to rename and is thinking about selling.

This is total crap. I'm going to make the assumption that these fucks are white who has no clue about the history of the word and name and are just attacking a white man for having a company with a black past. I hope these SJWs get arrested.

/thread.
They will not (unfortunately). They are bored, pampered, self-absorbed, idiots that want something to believe in or follow, in order to feel needed/important.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein