Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:20 pm
AshevilleApp wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Did Utah have a lot of protests? Oklahoma? South Carolina? Kansas? (Maybe so, I really don't know.) But I saw an article a few days back (dated from late June I believe) indicating that 40 states had seen spikes in Covid. Maybe a combination of reopening, a long holiday weekend, protests and assholeity in the general population? Should be interesting to watch South Carolina's numbers in a couple of weeks, since Bike Week at Myrtle Beach is currently happening.
Maybe a combination of more testing, more testing, and more testing? Because most of those states experiencing “spikes” in cases haven’t seen a corresponding spike in deaths....
App did a good job with the answer and clearly both you and Seagriz have still not read the article.

Here’s a hint: “bring out yer dead...bring out yer dead”
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:06 pm

Maybe a combination of more testing, more testing, and more testing? Because most of those states experiencing “spikes” in cases haven’t seen a corresponding spike in deaths....
App did a good job with the answer and clearly both you and Seagriz have still not read the article.

Sorry! I was working! :lol:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

So I guess masks are in with Trump now? Patriotic even!

Better late than never but woulda been nice 5 months ago.

Any takers on when he'll gaslight his supporters that he was always for masks? I give it a day.

Anyways, clearly the mask wearers were the most patriotic of us...
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:27 pm So I guess masks are in now with Trump? Patriotic even!

Any takers on when he'll gaslight his supporters that he was always for masks? I give it a day.

He's still blaming Fauci and the Surgeon General about Masks in the Fox News article. Hopefully this leads to good results for the country.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:54 pm

:nod:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Oh wait. That article from The Atlantic. :rofl: The Atlantic is a joke.

Good one. You almost got me.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:So I guess masks are in with Trump now? Patriotic even!

I said “patriotic duty” like 5 months ago

Maybe I should be that cunt’s chief of staff
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:06 pm App did a good job with the answer and clearly both you and Seagriz have still not read the article.

Careful, SG

You may have to quote the Atlantic in the near future. They have leaned decisively towards classical liberalism and away from wokeism pretty consistently over the last couple years
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:58 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

Careful, SG

You may have to quote the Atlantic in the near future. They have leaned decisively towards classical liberalism and away from wokeism pretty consistently over the last couple years
And this was mostly a data based article and pretty damned mute politically.

Desperation smells desperate.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:02 pm
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Careful, SG

And this was mostly a data based article and pretty damned mute politically.

Desperation smells desperate.
Kind of like how you refuse to admit Michael Mann has not published his data or methodology?

Seriously, you give me actual dates of death and prove these weren't harvested like the article I quoted, then we can be objective.

Too many times, have hospitals and media been caught "harvesting" death from the past to bolster current numbers, to be trusted without showing their work.

The CDC just released data showing the 12th week in a row of declining deaths. Who is correct? The Atlantic or the CDC?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... index.html
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/u ... ose-deaths
The Centers for Disease Control last week reported there were a record 70,980 drug overdose deaths in 2019, which is a 4.8 percent increase from the year before. Fatal overdoses had declined for the first time in decades in 2018.

Drug overdoses have only accelerated during the coronavirus pandemic. According to real-time data obtained by The Washington Post, suspected overdoses rose 18 percent in March compared with last year, 29 percent in April, and 42 percent in May.

The economic shutdown caused by the coronavirus has resulted in massive layoffs and joblessness – a root cause of the drug abuse that results in overdose deaths.
All you proponents of shutting down the country....Do these deaths count as COVID deaths?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 pm https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/u ... ose-deaths
The Centers for Disease Control last week reported there were a record 70,980 drug overdose deaths in 2019, which is a 4.8 percent increase from the year before. Fatal overdoses had declined for the first time in decades in 2018.

Drug overdoses have only accelerated during the coronavirus pandemic. According to real-time data obtained by The Washington Post, suspected overdoses rose 18 percent in March compared with last year, 29 percent in April, and 42 percent in May.

The economic shutdown caused by the coronavirus has resulted in massive layoffs and joblessness – a root cause of the drug abuse that results in overdose deaths.
All you proponents of shutting down the country....Do these deaths count as COVID deaths?
The people working for a shut down are the ones not following suggested protocol, masks, social distancing and hand washing. :D
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:31 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:29 pm https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/u ... ose-deaths

The people working for a shut down are the ones not following suggested protocol, masks, social distancing and hand washing. :D
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:49 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:31 am

like a good liberal, avoiding the real issue and placing blame where it doesn't belong.
Last edited by AZGrizFan on Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:40 am
like a good liberal, placing blame where it doesn't belong.
They'll rightfully share part of the blame if governors lock things down again.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:51 am

like a good liberal, placing blame where it doesn't belong.
They'll rightfully share part of the blame if governors lock things down again.
Those numbers in the article are ALL pre-reopening...March, April and May numbers. :tothehand:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

like a good liberal, avoiding the real issue and placing blame where it doesn't belong.
I blame anyone who unnecessarily endangers their community. Including lib friends who dine in and have a houseful of their kid’s friends over or large family gatherings, as well as all the conservative Karen’s who are “done with this disease and are gonna just live their life and there ain’t no commie governor gonna force me to wear a mask because FREEDOM!!!!”
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:12 am all the conservative Karen’s
First, I'm so over this whole Karen shit. It's run its course. But I was trying to figure out who has more Karens, the left or the right and it seems like a pretty even split to me. I've watched far too many of those videos on social media.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:56 am
First, I'm so over this whole Karen shit. It's run its course. But I was trying to figure out who has more Karens, the left or the right and it seems like a pretty even split to me. I've watched far too many of those videos on social media.
Agreed.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

While I get your point - If I come in contact with a cocaine addict i'm not going to suddenly become one within 14 days. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:nod: Karens and snowflakes on either side.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Who are these 'Karens' that people started talking about seems like a month or 2 ago?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:15 am

Who are these 'Karens' that people started talking about seems like a month or 2 ago?
Karen's have been around much longer than that. From wikipedia: a woman perceived to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is considered appropriate or necessary.

Karens are the typical white woman that wants to speak to the manager b/c her sweet tea isn't sweet enough or some other bullshit. Currently, it's a white woman that throws a hissy fit b/c she has to wear a mask in a store.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:28 am
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:15 am
Karen's have been around much longer than that. From wikipedia: a woman perceived to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is considered appropriate or necessary.

Karens are the typical white woman that wants to speak to the manager b/c her sweet tea isn't sweet enough or some other bullshit. Currently, it's a white woman that throws a hissy fit b/c she has to wear a mask in a store.
Or throws a hissy fit when she catches you in your vehicle not wearing a mask.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein