Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:43 pm
AOC-backed Jamaal Bowman defeats powerful Dem Rep. Engel in New York race

It took nearly a month, but a progressive insurgent challenger has toppled longtime Rep. Eliot Engel in New York’s Democratic primary, ousting the powerful chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee in a major upset.

The Associated Press called the race for Jamaal Bowman, a former middle school principal and first-time candidate, on Friday, more than three weeks after the June 23 primary election.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bowman ... l-new-york
I bet the cunts in the DNC aren't liking this shit one little bit
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:26 am
I bet the cunts in the DNC aren't liking this shit one little bit
They'll be sucked into the backwash and become bootlicking apologists & defenders just like the RNC cvnts did with Trump.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

This will surely help Biden...

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:00 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:36 am Ain’t looking good for old Donnie...(and this ain’t 2016)

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020- ... /president
He has no one to blame but himself.

He’ll be down to diehard supporters like BDKKK and Seattle “4D Chess” Griz by November 3. It might be a loss of Goldwater proportions.
Meh. Trump supporters are openly attached in the streets, what makes anyone think any poll will get honest answers in this climate?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:48 pm

He’ll be down to diehard supporters like BDKKK and Seattle “4D Chess” Griz by November 3. It might be a loss of Goldwater proportions.
Meh. Trump supporters are openly attached in the streets, what makes anyone think any poll will get honest answers in this climate?
Help! Help! I'm being attached!

Sorry SD, I couldn't resist.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:05 pm

Help! Help! I'm being attached!

Sorry SD, I couldn't resist.
:lol:

If I felt like fishing for a vid of a Trump supporter being attacked in public I would, but my name isn't BDK.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Never in my life would I ever hope a dipshit like Biden would be president, but Trump is just an ignorant cult leader with people blindly following him over the cliff.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

So you’re saying that millions of Trump voters will emerge like the Mole People on November 3? Mmmkay.

You hire Presidents in large part for their crisis management skills. Measured by that rubric, Trump has been a colossal failure, and it gets worse every time he tweets.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:26 am

So you’re saying that millions of Trump voters will emerge like the Mole People on November 3? Mmmkay.

You hire Presidents in large part for their crisis management skills. Measured by that rubric, Trump has been a colossal failure, and it gets worse every time he tweets.
Your first sentence is largely what happened in 2016. Would it surprise you to see it happen again?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ivytalk wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:48 pm Meh. Trump supporters are openly attached in the streets, what makes anyone think any poll will get honest answers in this climate?

I learned in 2016 not to count any election chickens until they are hatched

But I do think Trump’s win hinged on former Obama voters and independents - and I don’t see them voting for him again in any significant numbers

But polling logic went out the window in 2016 and I’m not seeing many of them employing lessons learned from that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am
Ivytalk wrote:

But I do think Trump’s win hinged on former Obama voters and independents - and I don’t see them voting for him again in any significant numbers

But polling logic went out the window in 2016 and I’m not seeing many of them employing lessons learned from that

:suspicious: :suspicious: "former Obama voters"?

You think there were a bunch of former Obama voters who went Rogue and voted for Trump? Or just didn't vote....
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:34 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:26 am

Your first sentence is largely what happened in 2016. Would it surprise you to see it happen again?
Yes, it would. As I see it, the falloff in Trump support within the GOP comes mostly from educated voters who took a chance on a then-unknown Trump because they despised Hillary. Now they know Trump, and don’t like him much. Many of the “deplorables” who are scratching to earn a living post-Covid may just stay home. In a close election, that could be decisive. I think Biden will win by a margin greater than Obama’s over Romney in 2012. If Trump continues to flounder, it could approach Goldwater territory. :twocents:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:23 am
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am

You think there were a bunch of former Obama voters who went Rogue and voted for Trump? Or just didn't vote....
I think a little of both. We know that a lot of traditional blue voters switched to Trump. There's a good documentary about these W. Virginians who were life long Dems that voted for Trump b/c they didn't like Hillary and felt that she threatened their way of life.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:07 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:34 am

Yes, it would. As I see it, the falloff in Trump support within the GOP comes mostly from educated voters who took a chance on a then-unknown Trump because they despised Hillary. Now they know Trump, and don’t like him much. Many of the “deplorables” who are scratching to earn a living post-Covid may just stay home. In a close election, that could be decisive. I think Biden will win by a margin greater than Obama’s over Romney in 2012. If Trump continues to flounder, it could approach Goldwater territory. :twocents:
Well....I hear from a lot of folks who DIDN'T vote for Trump in '16 (like me) but who are in '20....guess we'll know for sure in about 3 1/2 months.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

What happens if Trump loses and refuses to concede?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:25 am What happens if Trump loses and refuses to concede?
I don't know, Hillary. :roll: :roll:

She STILL hasn't conceded that she lost in '16. :lol: :lol:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:22 am

Well....I hear from a lot of folks who DIDN'T vote for Trump in '16 (like me) but who are in '20....guess we'll know for sure in about 3 1/2 months.
You'd like this.

My wife is on a liberal womens facebook group - she can't stand these women but their craziness is pure entertainment. These women are all saying they'll leave the country if Trump wins. These women are having the vapors. Some are asking which countries are the best to go to? Which are the most "American-like." Given that it's now impossible to get a passport ( which I haven't heard of) does a 14-yr old need one? :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:22 am

Yup. As baseball folks say, that’s why you play the game.

But I’m still willing to put up five bucks on Biden now.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:27 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:25 am What happens if Trump loses and refuses to concede?
I don't know, Hillary. :roll: :roll:

She STILL hasn't conceded that she lost in '16. :lol: :lol:
Doesn't matter - she didn't win.

But I would suspect that if Biden wins - our secret service and/or military might have to come in an forcefully review Trump.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

GWB UN-conceded in 2000, and it paid off. The answer to the hypothetical you pose depends on many variables: how long it takes to count the votes this year; what the Biden “margin of victory” is, and in which states; whether SCOTUS gets involved again; what Trump’s legal arguments are, etc.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:43 am
GWB UN-conceded in 2000, and it paid off. The answer to the hypothetical you pose depends on many variables: how long it takes to count the votes this year; what the Biden “margin of victory” is, and in which states; whether SCOTUS gets involved again; what Trump’s legal arguments are, etc.
And if the end result is that Trump lost, does he voluntarily vacate or attempt to deny the results?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Another question, what is the likelihood that Trump sees the writing on the wall and withdraws due to a medical condition leaving Pence or someone else as the candidate. If they lose he can claim that he would have won and his ego would remain intact.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am I learned in 2016 not to count any election chickens until they are hatched

Former Obama voters voting for Trump were well documented - mostly in the Rust Belt

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:What happens if Trump loses and refuses to concede?
I think that’s left wing media blather

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:47 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:43 am

And if the end result is that Trump lost, does he voluntarily vacate or attempt to deny the results?
Who determines the “end result”? Why play the speculation game?