CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by CID1990 »

UNI88 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:17 pm Nope. Reading is fundamental. Laughing at people who laugh at the notion the riots were the cause of the increasing #s isn't laughing at yourself.
That's funny because I :lol: at the shallow kool-aid drinkers who think that the riots were the only major cause of the increasing #s.
It obviously was t the only cause...

But the only major mass gatherings that correlate to the closely followed spike in cases were the BLM riots

Which means there’s more than “cow farts” evidence for it

But never fear! Our betters in high castles are already chastising us for getting haircuts again, so all is back to normal
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:28 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:41 am
And I :lol: and people who :lol: at the notion the protests were a reason for the increase.
Where is the big increase in Minnesota then?????

Riots were a month and a half ago.
5/26 riots started. But even after they ended after 5/30, were still large demonstrations & protests continued.
6/19, the 7 day moving avg for MN bottomed out at 319 cases (World-o-meter)
7/17 the 7 day moving avg up to 607 cases.
That looks like they started to shoot up about 3 weeks after the protests. Well, we've heard about a 2-3 week lag time.

But that is for the whole state of MN. I'd like to see the numbers for Minneapolis.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:16 pm
UNI88 wrote:
That's funny because I :lol: at the shallow kool-aid drinkers who think that the riots were the only major cause of the increasing #s.

But the only major mass gatherings that correlate to the closely followed spike in cases were the BLM riots

But never fear! Our betters in high castles are already chastising us for getting haircuts again, so all is back to normal
Why is it the southern states getting hit. Minnesota had, and is still having large protest.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Why is it the southern states getting hit. Minnesota had, and is still having large protest.
And Minnesota's #s have been going up since mid June.
I bet the spike is even more pronounced if you could separate Minneapolis's #s from the rest of the state.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:23 pm

I bet the spike is even more pronounced if you could separate Minneapolis's #s from the rest of the state.
We went from 20 to 30 deaths per day, to averaging less than 10, and that is going up since June?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

UNI88 wrote:
It obviously wasn't the only cause...

Have you checked AZ's posts? He seems pretty convinced they were the only major cause and I don't doubt that there are more like him. I believe that the protests/riots were a major contributor to the increases. I also think that many people got complacent with phased reopening and stopped wearing masks and/or worrying about physical distancing and that was and continues to also be a major cause. This was aggravated by the fools who saw the protests on TV and decided since the protestors weren't following protocols then they didn't need to either. If the protesters had jumped off of cliffs would these lemmings have followed?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:32 pm
We went from 20 to 30 deaths per day, to averaging less than 10, and that is going up since June?
Gil, can the numbers for Minnesota be broken down between the Cities and rest of the state?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:19 pm 5/26 riots started. But even after they ended after 5/30, were still large demonstrations & protests continued.
That looks like they started to shoot up about 3 weeks after the protests. Well, we've heard about a 2-3 week lag time.
But that is for the whole state of MN. I'd like to see the numbers for Minneapolis.
Granted, Minnesota seems to have kept the older folks from catching it as much, so deaths still down, despite the younger protesters causing an increase in cases the last month.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:37 pm

Gil, can the numbers for Minnesota be broken down between the Cities and rest of the state?
It might be broken down by county somewhere. Minneapolis has always had the highest numbers. St Paul also had the protests and is still having them. The interstate closing have primarily been St Paul.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:49 pm

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:19 pm 5/26 riots started. But even after they ended after 5/30, were still large demonstrations & protests continued.
Granted, Minnesota seems to have kept the older folks from catching it as much, so deaths still down, despite the younger protesters causing an increase in cases the last month.
Protest started in May, not June, almost 2 month ago. Florida, Texas and California all opened up and the lag time for more cases shows. More people are out and about now and now wearing mask and not social distancing. It wasn't just the protest here. Many of the Minnesota protesters wore mask.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:36 pm

It obviously wasn't the only cause...

Have you checked AZ's posts? He seems pretty convinced they were the only major cause and I don't doubt that there are more like him. I believe that the protests/riots were a major contributor to the increases. I also think that many people got complacent with phased reopening and stopped wearing masks and/or worrying about physical distancing and that was and continues to also be a major cause. This was aggravated by the fools who saw the protests on TV and decided since the protestors weren't following protocols then they didn't need to either. If the protesters had jumped off of cliffs would these lemmings have followed?
This. Protests were hypocritical but to pin it on one single thing is ignorant. It’s American selfishness and politics. I have friends in the medical field who take unnecessary risks. And they’re the smart ones.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:49 pm

Protest started in May, not June, almost 2 month ago. Florida, Texas and California all opened up and the lag time for more cases shows. More people are out and about now and now wearing mask and not social distancing. It wasn't just the protest here. Many of the Minnesota protesters wore mask.
I never stated they started in June. I stated multiple post they started the end of May, about 1.75 months ago. There's also the 2-3 week lag time from for the spread to start showing up.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:42 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:11 pm

I never stated they started in June. I stated multiple post they started the end of May, about 1.75 months ago. There's also the 2-3 week lag time from for the spread to start showing up.
Combined with people getting out and about and a lot more testing now too, than prior to the protest, I believe the protest rise is minimal compared to people getting out more.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:16 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:42 pm
Combined with people getting out and about and a lot more testing now too, than prior to the protest, I believe the protest rise is minimal compared to people getting out more.
Nope. But that’s certainly what they want you to think.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:53 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Who are they? I don't listen to the Karen's or Kellyannes.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

You dont think there were and still are protests happening in the South? :?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Baldy wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:19 pm Why is it the southern states getting hit. Minnesota had, and is still having large protest.
Atlanta and Dallas are dealing with daily shenanigans and those are just the ones I know of firsthand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Baldy wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:17 am

The are still going on all over the country. Why does the south have the biggest spread?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:05 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:53 pm

Who are they? I don't listen to the Karen's or Kellyannes.
Whoever you’re getting your erroneous information from.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:00 am

The are still going on all over the country. Why does the south have the biggest spread?
In texas it’s tied to the influx of cases coming across the border, along with the wave caused by the riots in early/mid June.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:01 am

In texas it’s tied to the influx of cases coming across the border, along with the wave caused by the riots in early/mid June.
Who are you getting your info from?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

It's not the riots or protests or whatever you want to call them. It's not even the Republican Governors refusing to deal with reality. It's Trump screwing up in the very beginning by thinking he could use an approach previously known to be ineffective (the travel restriction) instead of gearing up to tamp the early brush fires out like South Korea did. Trump facilitated a circumstance allowing things to get out of control. Didn't have to be this way.
Last edited by JohnStOnge on Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24566432/
Trump flails in interview with Wallace, citing false and nonexistent data on COVID-19
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:32 am https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /24566432/
Trump flails in interview with Wallace, citing false and nonexistent data on COVID-19
Of course Chris Wallace can make Trump flail. Wallace is one of the toughest (and fairest) interviewers out there.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Maybe because demographically, the ones who are the most vulnerable are the ones who are doing the most protesting in the South.

EDIT: The same reason why 25% of the cases in Maine are black while blacks only make up 2% of Maine's population.
Last edited by Baldy on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.