Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:42 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:36 pm
-Called out the NG earlier.
-Mobilized other assets earlier (like state police).
-Reinforced the precinct earlier and not abandoned it.
Sounds so easy. To begin with it's one of the highest crime area's in Minneapolis. Defending the precinct lead to more violence.

In response, police made two controversial decisions:

They initially focused on defending the 3rd Precinct building, which critics say left the rest of the neighborhood largely unprotected against a few looters and arsonists among the protesters. Dozens of buildings were burned and damage has been estimated at least in the tens of millions of dollars.

And when protests were still largely peaceful in the first days following Floyd’s death, police fired tear gas and rubber bullets into the crowd outside the precinct, an action that protesters and city leaders say escalated an already volatile situation.

As protests around the precinct became more violent, several City Council members urged the mayor and police chief to surrender the building, believing that the traditional police tactics — to hold the building at all costs — were further angering the public.
Defending the precinct lead to more violence.
Well with that mindset, defending anything that rioters want to burn or destroy leads to more violence, so everything that rioters want to burn or destroy should be abandoned. Wrong mindset to have. Weakness in the face of violence, just invites more violence.

As far as being overwhelmed throughout the neighborhood, that all goes back to the 2 day delay in calling up the NG and other reinforcements.

In the days following I heard numerous former big city police chiefs criticize the abandoning of the police station. I'll take their word for it.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 pm
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:34 pm
So it took about 48 hours for the PD Chief and Mayor to figure out they were outnumbered? Jesus.
Yep, they dithered. The Gov has no excuse either, as he either dithered, or was unaware when he should have been.
Did the mayor and governor botch the response to the protests and looting as badly as the Trump administration botched the federal government response to the Coronavirus?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:20 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 pm

You sound just like Tackleberry from Police Academy. :coffee:
“There was gunplay, sir, and he missed it!” :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:47 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:42 pm

Sounds so easy. To begin with it's one of the highest crime area's in Minneapolis. Defending the precinct lead to more violence.

In response, police made two controversial decisions:

They initially focused on defending the 3rd Precinct building, which critics say left the rest of the neighborhood largely unprotected against a few looters and arsonists among the protesters. Dozens of buildings were burned and damage has been estimated at least in the tens of millions of dollars.

And when protests were still largely peaceful in the first days following Floyd’s death, police fired tear gas and rubber bullets into the crowd outside the precinct, an action that protesters and city leaders say escalated an already volatile situation.

As protests around the precinct became more violent, several City Council members urged the mayor and police chief to surrender the building, believing that the traditional police tactics — to hold the building at all costs — were further angering the public.
Defending the precinct lead to more violence.
Well with that mindset, defending anything that rioters want to burn or destroy leads to more violence, so everything that rioters want to burn or destroy should be abandoned. Wrong mindset to have. Weakness in the face of violence, just invites more violence.

As far as being overwhelmed throughout the neighborhood, that all goes back to the 2 day delay in calling up the NG and other reinforcements.

In the days following I heard numerous former big city police chiefs criticize the abandoning of the police station. I'll take their word for it.
Yup. I'd argue that surrendering the building emboldened the riots and encouraged more rioters to show up.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 pm
Yep, they dithered. The Gov has no excuse either, as he either dithered, or was unaware when he should have been.
Did the mayor and governor botch the response to the protests and looting as badly as the Trump administration botched the federal government response to the Coronavirus?
Like how some people were against the travel ban before being for it?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Black Lives Matter Mob Invades Dallas Restaurant, Tries to Start Riot
Mindless chaos as mostly white BLM agitators scream at black families.

Black Lives Matter protesters invaded a restaurant in Dallas and tried to start fights with diners in yet another instance of mindless chaos.

The whole incident was caught on camera by an African-American man called Damani Bryant Felder who denounced the mob as “ruining an otherwise peaceful evening with their BS.”

The video shows the mob, which consisted mainly of white people, shouting about George Floyd as bemused diners looked on. Two of the tables nearest the protesters are occupied by black families.

The mob proceeds to shout swear words in the direction of little black children, before fights begin to break out.

“They create the unrest then they get upset when someone actually speaks up for themselves,” states Felder.

Some of the mob then began throwing objects at the diners as Dallas police were forced to make arrests and use tear gas.

“This is marxism, cultural marxism to a tee, they did not come out here to be heard, they came out here to create a scene,” states Felder, noting that the restaurant was full of both white and black people, as well as a black musician, enjoying a peaceful evening before BLM agitators showed up.

“They came out here to create a scene and now they’re acting like they’re the oppressed people,” asserts Felder, adding, “They brought this on this entire establishment because they cannot fucking behave and they can’t learn to express themselves like adults.”

“All they care about is creating this manufactured outrage, this chaos, their rationale is ‘if we are upset no one else can enjoy any peace whatsoever’,” said Felder.

The clip then shows the protesters running away as more police move in and families look on in fear.
https://summit.news/2020/07/15/black-li ... tart-riot/
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:01 pm Did the mayor and governor botch the response to the protests and looting as badly as the Trump administration botched the federal government response to the Coronavirus?
Guess what the countries with the “best” virus track records all have in common?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:21 pm
SDHornet wrote:
Guess what the countries with the “best” virus track records all have in common?

The people are complete sheep? :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:06 pm

The people are complete sheep? :coffee:
I don't know about that. These days it seems like most 'Mericans are sheep - but they can choose between a couple different tribes for who they will follow without thinking for themselves.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:

They aren't Brazil, Russia, or the US?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Pretty soon just being white is going to be enough to get a person fired in some areas....

Until last week, Gary Garrels was senior curator of painting and sculpture at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA). He resigned his position after museum employees circulated a petition that accused him of racism and demanded his immediate ouster.

"Gary's removal from SFMOMA is non-negotiable," read the petition. "Considering his lengthy tenure at this institution, we ask just how long have his toxic white supremacist beliefs regarding race and equity directed his position curating the content of the museum?"

Their sole complaint is that he allegedly concluded a presentation on how to diversify the museum's holdings by saying, "don't worry, we will definitely still continue to collect white artists."
https://reason.com/2020/07/14/gary-garr ... arsely-api
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:21 pm Guess what the countries with the “best” virus track records all have in common?

HD and AZ...

Two peas in a pod- who knew?

The correct answer is that they had (and still have varying degrees) a complete moratorium on international arrivals

See: New Zealand, Taiwan, Thailand, etc

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:21 am
houndawg wrote:
HD and AZ...

The correct answer is that they had (and still have varying degrees) a complete moratorium on international arrivals

Imagine the uproar if Trump had tried that. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

houndawg wrote:
HD and AZ...

...one little wisecrack and you go nuclear? :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:18 pm
HD and AZ...

...one little wisecrack and you go nuclear? :ohno:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :kisswink:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:21 am HD and AZ...

Precisely

Remember that when down the road the board progs want to point to how good those countries’ COVID response was
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:27 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Precisely

Remember that when down the road the board progs want to point to how good those countries’ COVID response was
Christ, he was eviscerated when he attempted to shut off travel from China (where the damned thing originated)… let alone a COMPLETE shutdown of international arrivals...
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Precisely

Christ, he was eviscerated when he attempted to shut off travel from China (where the damned thing originated)… let alone a COMPLETE shutdown of international arrivals...
Imagine the outrage from the Left if Trump wanted a federal mask wearing mandate in April. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:24 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:55 pm

Imagine the outrage from the Left if Trump wanted a federal mask wearing mandate in April. :lol:
Yeah, remember the outrage from the left back in April when Trump suggested he could make mandates to the states...
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Minneapolis proposing cutting their PD budget by 50%, which means their will be a need to lay off a lot of officers. If they do it by seniority would be laying off a disproportionate # of black officers. Quite the conundrum. So there's a proposal to just lay off white officers.
https://jonathanturley.org/2020/07/17/s ... epartment/

Liberals.. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:15 pm Minneapolis proposing cutting their PD budget by 50%, which means their will be a need to lay off a lot of officers. If they do it by seniority would be laying off a disproportionate # of black officers. Quite the conundrum. So there's a proposal to just lay off white officers.
https://jonathanturley.org/2020/07/17/s ... epartment/

Liberals.. :lol:
These are Leftists at play, not Liberals. However the Liberals get credit for enabling the nonsense and getting steamrolled by a Marxist agenda. :coffee:

*the more you know meme*
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:27 pm Precisely

“Those countries blocked all international travel” will be almost as delicious a reply as “The 1980s called”

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

You be the judge. For a young officer, she sounded calm and squared away, considering the circumstances. She's pretty hot, too. Check out the 5/11 Tactical video.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-top-sho ... box-cutter
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:You be the judge. For a young officer, she sounded calm and squared away, considering the circumstances. She's pretty hot, too. Check out the 5/11 Tactical video.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-top-sho ... box-cutter
Hm

He had not quite approached the point where I would have shot him - i.e.: he did not appear to be preparing to make a run at her, but he was advancing

But use of force cases always come down to relative factors, such as size, etc... which is one reason female cops’ force continuum is different from male cops’ force continuum. That doesn’t appear to come into play here.

But the over arching factor is that the suspect had a blade, he was advancing, and most importantly, he was ignoring verbal commands. Looks like suicide by cop to me.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Precisely

Well as leading board prog, I was on the record for curbing immigration and little issue with the border wall.

BTW...Here’s an interesting historical view of the 14th amendment and the SCOTUS’s dereliction in upholding it that adds to this mess...
The Fourteenth Amendment effected a fundamental transformation in the constitutional law of policing in two respects. First, it required states to respect basic fundamental rights, including those to life and personal security. State police could not indiscriminately search and seize Black Americans. Second, as Senator Jacob Howard—one of the amendment’s framers—explained in congressional debates, its guarantee of “the equal protection of the laws” demanded “one measure of justice” for all persons, regardless of race. The requirement of equal protection ended “the injustice of subjecting one caste of persons to a code not applicable to another,” according to Howard

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ce/614317/