Football Championship Subdivision discussions
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Yo, Weber State Fans

Post by andy7171 »

What's the deal with your QB from last season? I see he transferred to Towson for his 5th year, is he going to win the job at QB?

I mean, all the BS pre-season polls are shitting on Towson. I figured he'd be at least satisfactory with 6th senior RB coming back.

I would have helped if Spring ball was canceled.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Yo, Weber State Fans

Post by kalm »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:52 am What's the deal with your QB from last season? I see he transferred to Towson for his 5th year, is he going to win the job at QB?

I mean, all the BS pre-season polls are shitting on Towson. I figured he'd be at least satisfactory with 6th senior RB coming back.

Won a lot of games but was maybe the 23rd best QB in the Big Sky last year.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

Someone find Andy a copy of the Montana @ Weber playoff game...
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Last season in the semi finals at JMU I remembered him as being decent looking considering the defense he was playing against. He was 12 for 23, 134 yds, 1 TD until 4 1/2 min left in the game 4th qtr. Weber got the ball down 30-7, JMU put backups in, and that last Weber drive Constatine went 4-7, 52 yds, TD pass with 2+ min left. So he finished 16-31, 186, 2 TDs, 0 INT. Elusive + playing behind a good OL- JMU with the 2 AA DEs, couldn't sack him.

So why would he leave Weber? Weber get some hot shot transfer, or someone back from a Mormon mission? And why Towson. The kid is from California, no? Anyway, if CAA games happen this fall or winter/spring, he'll get to face off vs JMU again @ Towson..

On a side note about Weber, the one who impressed me on their offense was their RB Davis. As I recall, he wasn't suppose to be close to 100%. Not a huge game (13 carries/61 yds), but he was playing against at the time the #1 rush defense in the country. Not a big back, but one fast & quick caucasion. And he ran hard- his legs didn't stop churning until he was on the ground. Heck, they may have been churning when he was on the ground.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:31 pm Last season in the semi finals at JMU I remembered him as being decent looking considering the defense he was playing against. He was 12 for 23, 134 yds, 1 TD until 4 1/2 min left in the game 4th qtr. Weber got the ball down 30-7, JMU put backups in, and that last Weber drive Constatine went 4-7, 52 yds, TD pass with 2+ min left. So he finished 16-31, 186, 2 TDs, 0 INT. Elusive + playing behind a good OL- JMU with the 2 AA DEs, couldn't sack him.

So why would he leave Weber? Weber get some hot shot transfer, or someone back from a Mormon mission? And why Towson. The kid is from California, no? Anyway, if CAA games happen this fall or winter/spring, he'll get to face off vs JMU again @ Towson..

On a side note about Weber, the one who impressed me on their offense was their RB Davis. As I recall, he wasn't suppose to be close to 100%. Not a huge game (13 carries/61 yds), but he was playing against at the time the #1 rush defense in the country. Not a big back, but one fast & quick caucasion. And he ran hard- his legs didn't stop churning until he was on the ground. Heck, they may have been churning when he was on the ground.
Thanks. Graduate school transfer for his 5th year? No clue. If you've ever been on campus at Towson, there are a lot worse places to be. This ain't Youngstown. :lol:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Why would a Big Sky QB take a grad transfer to Towson State? BBQ is better....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

SuperHornet wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:20 pm Why would a Big Sky QB take a grad transfer to Towson State? BBQ is better....
The 2 most likely explanations:
1. Weber's HC left, so new staff/offense. Last I heard, Jay Hill is still the HC at Weber.
2. Weber got a new hot shot QB transfer.

#1 didn't happen, so it must have been #2.

Flacco was Towson's starting QB the last 2 seasons. 2018 was great. Last year very good, but not as good as 2018. Flacco is gone, and I have no idea what TU has at QB. Must be some connection between someone on TU's staff, and Weber/Constatine, because that is an out of the blue, across the country transfer..
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Weber has a QB coming back from a mission that is supposed to be hot stuff. Plus Weber just got a star transfer from Middle Tennessee State that supposed to be a real solid dual threat qb. Id give out names and info but im up in the mountains and signal is sketchy at best.

P.s. Jay Hill Is still the Head coach

Cheers!
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:24 pm Weber has a QB coming back from a mission that is supposed to be hot stuff. Plus Weber just got a star transfer from Middle Tennessee State that supposed to be a real solid dual threat qb. Id give out names and info but im up in the mountains and signal is sketchy at best.

P.s. Jay Hill Is still the Head coach

Cheers!
:thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

andy7171 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:52 am What's the deal with your QB from last season? I see he transferred to Towson for his 5th year, is he going to win the job at QB?

Apparently no longer transferring to Towson. Gone from Boise St to Ventura College to Weber St to Towson to Washington St. Talk about confused.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu ... -transfer/
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Meh. Can't blame him. Towson is shut down. If FBS is still going to play just conference games, good luck to him.