Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:28 pm
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:07 pm
*slightly. It's gone up, which makes your earlier comments fake news.

And I wouldn't start comparing states. What difference does it make if more New Yorkers die vs Floridians? :suspicious: It makes zero difference. :twocents:
Well, tell that to the MSM and left. The MSM and left want to cling to a narrative that that the red states have this terrible response to the virus, when the death stats (total deaths, deaths per million, CFR) are far worse in the blue states.
I don't have to tell them anything. They're in it for themselves.

Honest question - do death rates really correlate to response? I don't know. I'm not sure I see a correlation. Now, infection yes. Red states closed late/ opened up too early, without meeting CDC guidelines and now they're spiking. I'm in a red state where our Governor last month said he won't make any comments about wearing a mask. Now he's making PSA's about it while our numbers are increasing.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:01 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:32 pm

Worldometer clearly shows 118, 93, 95 and then 45 for today. Scroll down and look at the charts.
The chart showing 45 was yesterday. 35 is today.
My chart doesn't show today's yet. What does your chart show for the 9th, 10th and 11th?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:07 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:02 pm

So deaths below the national average are ok? :roll:
No, but there's no reason for alarm in a state of around 21 million, loaded with Q-tips, that have death numbers as low as Florida's..
Average age of Florida residents is 42.2, not much above the National Average. Many of the Q-Tips as you call them list Florida as their residents, because there is no state income tax and live back north during the hot and humid Florida summers.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:46 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:01 pm
The chart showing 45 was yesterday. 35 is today.
My chart doesn't show today's yet. What does your chart show for the 9th, 10th and 11th?
45 was yesterday, 7/12. The chart doesn't show it, but at the top for FL shows 35 deaths for today, 7/13.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:32 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:28 pm
Well, tell that to the MSM and left. The MSM and left want to cling to a narrative that that the red states have this terrible response to the virus, when the death stats (total deaths, deaths per million, CFR) are far worse in the blue states.
Florida will catch up before this is over. New York in over the hump and down to less than 500 new cases today. Florida is trending upwards. Doesn't matter if it's red or blue state, people are dying.
I’ll take that bet. There’s no WAY FL catches NY.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:46 pm My chart doesn't show today's yet. What does your chart show for the 9th, 10th and 11th?
45 was yesterday, 7/12. The chart doesn't show it, but at the top for FL shows 35 deaths for today, 7/13.
Plenty of time to register at least 11 deaths. Let’s hope today’s count begins the decline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Florida will catch up before this is over. New York in over the hump and down to less than 500 new cases today. Florida is trending upwards. Doesn't matter if it's red or blue state, people are dying.
Only about 140,000 cases apart.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:35 pm

I was talking deaths. NY got herd immunity early by killing off 35,000 in the first 3-4 weeks.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

How about Sweden?!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 pm How about Sweden?!
:lol:

Zero economic benefit and significantly more deaths than their neighbors.

Btw, look for Washington to roll back either county by county or state wide to Phase 1.5 or 1 by next week. Only county where the R(e) is below 1 is Yakima now. The one that had to shutdown again last month due to community spread.

You can also kiss in-school Ed goodbye in September. If we’re lucky, maybe November but 2021 is a safer bet.

Welcome back to March!
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:40 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:35 pm

I was talking deaths. NY got herd immunity early by killing off 35,000 in the first 3-4 weeks.
I don't know if that will happen. We have much better treatments at this time. If the ICU units fill up and it's more difficult to treat everyone. Then maybe.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Say what?

:rofl: :rofl:
Video Transcript

DONALD TRUMP: Well, you know that we have one of the lowest mortality rates anywhere. If you know Biden and Obama stopped their testing-- they just stopped it. You probably know that. I'm sure you don't want to report it.

But they stopped testing. Right in the middle, they just want, no more testing, and on a much lesser problem than the problem that we have, obviously, with respect to-- this is the worst thing that's happened since probably 1917. This is a very bad-- all over the world. It's 188 countries right now.

But now we are-- we test more than anybody by far. And when you test, you create cases. So we've created cases
https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-bizarre-c ... 29254.html
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:28 am Say what?

:rofl: :rofl:
Video Transcript

DONALD TRUMP: Well, you know that we have one of the lowest mortality rates anywhere. If you know Biden and Obama stopped their testing-- they just stopped it. You probably know that. I'm sure you don't want to report it.

But they stopped testing. Right in the middle, they just want, no more testing, and on a much lesser problem than the problem that we have, obviously, with respect to-- this is the worst thing that's happened since probably 1917. This is a very bad-- all over the world. It's 188 countries right now.

But now we are-- we test more than anybody by far. And when you test, you create cases. So we've created cases
https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-bizarre-c ... 29254.html
That guy can't speak without making some bullshit lie or non sequitur or insult.

This coming from the man that said we won't have a problem, that a miracle will save us and that admitted to slowing down the testing. What a choade.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

The Obama administration didn't test for Covid. It's just a fact. Libtards try to obfuscate it, but Trump was left with no Covid tests by the previous administration. :ohno:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I think we can maybe forget about herd immunity. People are getting this thing twice, and some early studies are showing a significant antibody reduction rate three months after infection.

- which is not all that surprising, since the common cold (which is also a coronavirus) behaves the same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Thinking the same thing. Unless DeSantos puts positive Chinese Flu patients in retirement/convalescent homes like Cuomo did, then I'd be surprised if FL catches NY. NY is at 34.2k dead while FL is well below at 4.2k.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 pm How about Sweden?!

Btw, look for Washington to roll back either county by county or state wide to Phase 1.5 or 1 by next week. Only county where the R(e) is below 1 is Yakima now. The one that had to shutdown again last month due to community spread.

You can also kiss in-school Ed goodbye in September. If we’re lucky, maybe November but 2021 is a safer bet.

Welcome back to March!
:dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CA deaths way down yesterday. If this continues then it's safe to say that peak was caused by the BLM protests a month prior. All those young protesters probably went home and preached to grandma and grandpa about why they should have killed Hitler sooner.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:54 am CA deaths way down yesterday. If this continues then it's safe to say that peak was caused by the BLM protests a month prior. All those young protesters probably went home and preached to grandma and grandpa about why they should have killed Hitler sooner.
Which is why Florida is seeing an uptick in the elderly being affected.

Sorry...Q-tips. Can't leave BDK out.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:04 am
SDHornet wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:54 am CA deaths way down yesterday. If this continues then it's safe to say that peak was caused by the BLM protests a month prior. All those young protesters probably went home and preached to grandma and grandpa about why they should have killed Hitler sooner.
Which is why Florida is seeing an uptick in the elderly being affected.

Sorry...Q-tips. Can't leave BDK out.
They dying in mass like in NY?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:51 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 am

Welcome back to March!
:dunce:
Oooh! I get privileged with the dunce emoji? :clap:

Thanks BDKCSUS!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:38 am
Great news! So it’s only going to kill 328,000 and hospitalize and cause permanent health problems to millions more!

Let’s open up!
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

Florida has announced plans to have kids return to school as usual in less than a month from today. Teachers (including my wife) are losing their minds over this. No additional funding for things like hand sanitizer and extra masks has been offered to help protect the classrooms. No real contingency plans either regarding what happens if students and teachers start getting sick. It's gonna be a shit show.

As a side note, Florida reported a record number of deaths (132) today.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SunCoastBlueHen wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:30 am Florida has announced plans to have kids return to school as usual in less than a month from today. Teachers (including my wife) are losing their minds over this. No additional funding for things like hand sanitizer and extra masks has been offered to help protect the classrooms. No real contingency plans either regarding what happens if students and teachers start getting sick. It's gonna be a shit show.

As a side note, Florida reported a record number of deaths (132) today.
132? But BDK said the numbers are going down.

The moms around here are doing the same thing. Fort Mill School District has released 3 emails over the past week, each revising what the others have said. Originally it was no masks in school. Now it's mandatory.
Spoiler: Shameless Dad Bragging
Spoiler: show
COVID is slightly screwing us. We're homeschooling LilCCU (5 yrs old). She was in pre-k when the SHTF so we started homeschooling. Well with the pre-k curriculum didn't challenge her at all. We went straight into a kindergarten curriculum. I'm not sure if it's her or us but she's blew through kindergarten curriculum. 2 months ago she had an assessment for kindergarten and she tested high enough to skip a grade. We're taking a week off from "school" before we begin the 1st grade curriculum. I haven't met any other 5 year old that tell time, do simple math and can count money correctly about 80% of the time (nickles trip her up, but she's getting it.)