Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:17 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:15 am

Where do you think the pizza oven is? :-P
I'm going to take SDHornets suggestion and try pizza on the grille.
My pickup grille doesn't get hot enough to cook a pizza.

The grill on the other hand does. :mrgreen:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Winterborn wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:20 am

Lol
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Gil Dobie wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:33 am
Winterborn wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:20 am

Lol
The only reason I know the difference is due to me using "grill" when I should of used "grille" in a document I was proofing. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:15 am

Where do you think the pizza oven is? :-P
Same here. Got a pizza stone. Just been lazy.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Feds turn down MN disaster request to pay for Twin Cities damage from riots and looting.
https://startribune.com/feds-deny-walz- ... p9wI8g1Evo

Good. All those democrat run cities that ordered their police to stand down in the face of looting and rioting can pay for their own damage. Minneapolis is slashing their police budget- let that pay for it.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

De Blasio: We’re banning all “large gatherings” — except maybe Black Lives Matter protests..

You just can’t make this up..
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:13 pm De Blasio: We’re banning all “large gatherings” — except maybe Black Lives Matter protests..

You just can’t make this up..
You mean to tell me that the Chinese Virus has mutated to to point that it knows not to attack those who attend BLM riots???? Now this thing is really starting to scare the shit out of me. :shock:

Fuckin' Chinese. :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:37 pm Feds turn down MN disaster request to pay for Twin Cities damage from riots and looting.

Good. All those democrat run cities that ordered their police to stand down in the face of looting and rioting can pay for their own damage. Minneapolis is slashing their police budget- let that pay for it.
The police did not stand down in Minneapolis. They were overwhelmed. Things didn't settle down until the National Guard came in. There are still protest going on in Minneapolis, no looting and rioting, no national coverage. Large camp in Powderhorn Park that isn't making national headlines either.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:26 am
BDKJMU wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:37 pm Feds turn down MN disaster request to pay for Twin Cities damage from riots and looting.

The police did not stand down in Minneapolis. They were overwhelmed. Things didn't settle down until the National Guard came in. There are still protest going on in Minneapolis, no looting and rioting, no national coverage. Large camp in Powderhorn Park that isn't making national headlines either.
They abandoned a precinct to a bunch of rioters. The left wing mayor didn't want to appear heavy handed with the rioters. The Gov was slow to call out the Nat Guard.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:03 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:26 am

They abandoned a precinct to a bunch of rioters. The left wing mayor didn't want to appear heavy handed with the rioters. The Gov was slow to call out the Nat Guard.
They didn't have enough officers to stop the number of looters and rioters until the NG organized. The Minneapolis Mayer didn't know how to handle this. The NG came to town on Thursday, but would not deploy because they needed daylight time to case out what they would do. Friday night the riots were basically stopped.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:03 am
They didn't have enough officers to stop the number of looters and rioters until the NG organized. The Minneapolis Mayer didn't know how to handle this. The NG came to town on Thursday, but would not deploy because they needed daylight time to case out what they would do. Friday night the riots were basically stopped.
No excuse for giving up a police station, which set a terrible precedence, and just encouraged the rioters. They've got OC, CS, rubber bullets. And if need be, real bullets. They could have held out.

Riots started Tues, 5/26.
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/05/2 ... e-incident
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/05/ ... th-police/

The Gov didn't call out the NG till late Thur.. 2 days later than he should have..The mayor was clearly in over his head, an the gov dithered.

Minnesota National Guard leader says state lagged in Minneapolis riot response
https://www.postbulletin.com/news/gover ... t-response
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:05 pm

No excuse for giving up a police station, which set a terrible precedence, and just encouraged the rioters. They've got OC, CS, rubber bullets. And if need be, real bullets. They could have held out.

The Gov didn't call out the NG till late Thur..about 36 hours later than he should have..The mayor was clearly in over his head, an the gov dithered.

Yup. The politicians enabled this to happen by either appeasement, delay, naivete, or incompetence. Most likely a combination of all of those factors and probably others. This is the bed those fuckers made, good on Trump for letting them lay in it.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

The Gov didn't call out the NG till late Thur..about 36 hours later than he should have..The mayor was clearly in over his head, an the gov dithered.

Minneapolis Mayor Frey requested the Guard on May 28th at 10:55 am, Governor announced at 4pm on the 28th, the he had activated the guard. 10:41pm the Guard announced they were activated to Minneapolis St Paul area. 11:55pm Trump tweets a threat to call in the NG, which had already been activated. Starting May 29th, there were no more fires. It takes time to deploy, you can't just flip a switch and have instant National Guard deployment.

You go down and protect a precinct at a moments notice with 3000 angry rioters coming your way. Live to fight another day.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:29 pm

Minneapolis Mayor Frey requested the Guard on May 28th at 10:55 am, Governor announced at 4pm on the 28th, the he had activated the guard. 10:41pm the Guard announced they were activated to Minneapolis St Paul area. 11:55pm Trump tweets a threat to call in the NG, which had already been activated. Starting May 29th, there were no more fires. It takes time to deploy, you can't just flip a switch and have instant National Guard deployment.

You go down and protect a precinct at a moments notice with 3000 angry rioters coming your way. Live to fight another day.
So it took about 48 hours for the PD Chief and Mayor to figure out they were outnumbered? Jesus.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:34 pm

So it took about 48 hours for the PD Chief and Mayor to figure out they were outnumbered? Jesus.
His tenure as Mayor should be a short one at that.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The rioters began targeting that precinct that Tues. The mayor ordered it abandoned that Thur night. It wasn't a moment's notice.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Yep, they dithered. The Gov has no excuse either, as he either dithered, or was unaware when he should have been.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:03 pm

The rioters began targeting that precinct that Tues. The mayor ordered it abandoned that Thur night. It wasn't a moment's notice.
So they should shoot up the crowd of 3000+ and add to the violence like a third world county.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Yep, they dithered. The Gov has no excuse either, as he either dithered, or was unaware when he should have been.
What would you have done better?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:28 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:05 pm
-Called out the NG earlier.
-Mobilized other assets earlier (like state police).
-Reinforced the precinct earlier and not abandoned it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:26 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:03 pm
So they should shoot up the crowd of 3000+ and add to the violence like a third world county.
-Should have been reinforced earlier.
-Could have held them back with OC, CS, rubber bullets.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:36 pm

Sounds so easy. To begin with it's one of the highest crime area's in Minneapolis. Defending the precinct lead to more violence.

In response, police made two controversial decisions:

They initially focused on defending the 3rd Precinct building, which critics say left the rest of the neighborhood largely unprotected against a few looters and arsonists among the protesters. Dozens of buildings were burned and damage has been estimated at least in the tens of millions of dollars.

And when protests were still largely peaceful in the first days following Floyd’s death, police fired tear gas and rubber bullets into the crowd outside the precinct, an action that protesters and city leaders say escalated an already volatile situation.

As protests around the precinct became more violent, several City Council members urged the mayor and police chief to surrender the building, believing that the traditional police tactics — to hold the building at all costs — were further angering the public.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

You sound just like Tackleberry from Police Academy. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:57 pm
You sound just like Tackleberry from Police Academy. :coffee: