Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Heaven and stuff

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:47 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:23 pm

John. Trump is not the Christian savior. Supporting Trump does not equate one to being a hypocrite.
Which Commandments has Trump broken?
  • Thou shalt have no other gods before me - Trump worships himself before all others
  • Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image - What is prominently displayed on any building owned by Trump?
  • Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy - does he respect the sabbath?
  • Thou shalt not commit adultery - Stormy Daniels, Karen McDougal, etc.
  • Thou shalt not steal - He was a New York City real estate developer, he definitely cheated and stole from people.
  • Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor - A list of all his BS tweets and statements would be very long.
  • Thou shalt not covet - Is he really a billionaire? I don't think so but he sure likes to pretend that he was a successful businessman.
Christians who support Trump are definitely demonstrating their ability to forgive. I just wish they could show the same compassion toward the poor, LBGTQ, etc.
How would Hillary have been a better choice for Christians? That was the choice. Either Trump or Hillary.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Hillary is way more of a Christian than Trump is. But that's not what it's about. The question is about supporting someone as evil as Trump is. And those hypocrites that call themselves Christians who did that did that.
Hillary is way more than a Christian than Trump? You don't think Hillary's stance on abortion is problematic in attracting Christians?
Please let me know where Jesus talked about abortion (or homosexuality). He did talk about feeding the poor, healing the sick, rioted in the temple and trashed the banks.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

SDHornet wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:41 pm
CAA Flagship wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:05 pm
Jesus supported Hillary?
:lol: :notworthy:
Jesus plays on my softball team, and he supported Hillary!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Hillary is way more than a Christian than Trump? You don't think Hillary's stance on abortion is problematic in attracting Christians?
Please let me know where Jesus talked about abortion (or homosexuality). He did talk about feeding the poor, healing the sick, rioted in the temple and trashed the banks.
You know as well as everyone else, that many Christians equate abortion to murder.

As far as your other statements, I can only speak of my own church that does a fairly large amount of works to support the poor and sick. I can't tell you exactly how many people outside the church come to us looking for assistance, but it is rarely denied. Many are not members of the church nor Christians.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:21 pm
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm

Yeah that pretty much applies to Trump supporters who call themselves Christian as well. Christian supporting Trump = hypocrite.
As an agnostic, you have no standing to make any faith-based argument. :|
King eh?

Well I didn’t vote for ya.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

dbackjon wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:18 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:41 pm
:lol: :notworthy:
Jesus plays on my softball team, and he supported Hillary!
Go Griz!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:25 pm

You know as well as everyone else, that many Christians equate abortion to murder.

As far as your other statements, I can only speak of my own church that does a fairly large amount of works to support the poor and sick. I can't tell you exactly how many people outside the church come to us looking for assistance, but it is rarely denied. Many are not members of the church nor Christians.
Those are the great things that religious folks do and there is much of it that deserves more attention.

Not singling you out here, SG, but it seems to me that religion is way too often still used as an atonement crutch for selfish (unchristian) behavior. Trump and Trump supporters are a shining example of that right now.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:06 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:47 pm
Which Commandments has Trump broken?
  • Thou shalt have no other gods before me - Trump worships himself before all others
  • Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image - What is prominently displayed on any building owned by Trump?
  • Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy - does he respect the sabbath?
  • Thou shalt not commit adultery - Stormy Daniels, Karen McDougal, etc.
  • Thou shalt not steal - He was a New York City real estate developer, he definitely cheated and stole from people.
  • Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor - A list of all his BS tweets and statements would be very long.
  • Thou shalt not covet - Is he really a billionaire? I don't think so but he sure likes to pretend that he was a successful businessman.
Christians who support Trump are definitely demonstrating their ability to forgive. I just wish they could show the same compassion toward the poor, LBGTQ, etc.
How would Hillary have been a better choice for Christians? That was the choice. Either Trump or Hillary.
Did I say Hillary would have been a better choice? I can understand how someone chose Trump as the lesser of two evils. But he is still wicked so I reserve the right to mock the hypocrisy of anyone, especially Christians, who defend, rationalize or overlook his many moral shortcomings. He is a cockroach in more ways than one.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:57 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:21 pm

As an agnostic, you have no standing to make any faith-based argument. :|
King eh?

Well I didn’t vote for ya.
Good old klam.

Always standing up for the oppressed!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:22 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:06 pm

Did I say Hillary would have been a better choice? I can understand how someone chose Trump as the lesser of two evils. But he is still wicked so I reserve the right to mock the hypocrisy of anyone, especially Christians, who defend, rationalize or overlook his many moral shortcomings. He is a cockroach in more ways than one.
So what do you expect of Christians in regards to Trump? By the way, are you Christian?

I think where we are not seeing eye to eye, is that I don't support Trump the man. I support the job that Trump is performing as the President.

Hell, I wouldn't support 30% of my own actions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:25 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:22 pm
So what do you expect of Christians in regards to Trump? By the way, are you Christian?

I think where we are not seeing eye to eye, is that I don't support Trump the man. I support the job that Trump is performing as the President.

You're fine as long as you're not defending the stupid shit Trump has done or said. You can support his policies (tax cut, China tariffs, etc.) without condoning his behavior by defending, rationalizing, or overlooking it. Anyone who calls Biden, "Creepy Uncle Joe" but isn't equally or more critical of Trump's sexual misconduct is a hypocrite. Trump is a cockroach.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:21 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:25 pm

You're fine as long as you're not defending the stupid shit Trump has done or said. You can support his policies (tax cut, China tariffs, etc.) without condoning his behavior by defending, rationalizing, or overlooking it. Anyone who calls Biden, "Creepy Uncle Joe" but isn't equally or more critical of Trump's sexual misconduct is a hypocrite. Trump is a cockroach.

Thus saith Pope 88. :angel: Ego te absolvo...
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Oh wait, this isn't an Iowa thread.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm

Yeah that pretty much applies to Trump supporters who call themselves Christian as well. Christian supporting Trump = hypocrite.
John. Trump is not the Christian savior. Supporting Trump does not equate one to being a hypocrite.
Supporting someone that is the antitheses of your principles and religion kind of does. :twocents: It at least makes his supporters unprincipled.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

:tothehand: :tothehand: :tothehand: HEY! Leave the banks outta this!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:48 am

Supporting someone that is the antitheses of your principles and religion kind of does. :twocents: It at least makes his supporters unprincipled.
As I mentioned to UNI, I believe many support him as President and not the man, but to be honest, I've seen some real interesting ones out there.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:28 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:21 pm

I told you I was going to start my own religion. It won't be based on catholicism though so you can skip the Latin. :D
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:36 am
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:28 pm

I told you I was going to start my own religion. It won't be based on catholicism though so you can skip the Latin. :D
Will you be serving snacks at your services?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:50 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:48 am

As I mentioned to UNI, I believe many support him as President and not the man, but to be honest, I've seen some real interesting ones out there.
I think it's difficult to separate the two and, IMHO, the MAGA crowd aka let me spend $1000s to buy Trump flags and wrap my car/boat/rv in TRUMP 2020 support the man b/c he's "pwns the libruls" or some other nonsense. :twocents:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:25 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:36 am
Beer, edibles, etc.
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Did it ever occur to anyone else that the Big Bang was God sneezing?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AshevilleApp wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:22 pm Did it ever occur to anyone else that the Big Bang was God sneezing?
We're living on a booger?
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:25 pm
AshevilleApp wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:22 pm Did it ever occur to anyone else that the Big Bang was God sneezing?
We're living on a booger?
Or the sun is a booger we're revolving around. Big sneeze too, since the universe is still expanding.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

If it was a fart, does that change anything?
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:19 am
dbackjon wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:25 am

Beer, edibles, etc.
Home brew, craft or PBR? Any locally sourced, organically grown small batch spirits instead?

And WILL THERE BE PATCHOULI??