Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Political discussions
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: Political memes, Posters, Funny Pics, Etc.

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:17 am You're right on that one and so are both Ivy and Ibanez on their posts ...
Well I can't argue that one way or the other because I haven't been on AGS's poli board in I guess 11 years. I went on the football board occasionally during the last couple of seasons, posted a handful of times, because the football discussion on here for some reason is severely lacking. That doesn't make any sense, because this is suppose to be, 1st and foremost, a FCS football message board..But I can't stand being on the AGS football board more than occasionally, because I find it to be one giant NDSU circle jerk for national, and even for CAA threads..So football wise you have a choice between a lack of discussion on here, or an NDSU circle jerk on AGS. You can't win.
And if you’re a SoCon fan, you get treated to that douchecanoe Mercer guy who played for fermin... he’s literally worse than JSO and I’m not exaggerating about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

You guys haven't seen anything until you've been to the political board on CSN. Basically 90% is the Breitbart comment section and most of the rest are Aho Old Guy-type trolls. And the few people that made it interesting were banned or got fed up and left years ago.

I actually got ticked off at Cat Mom for moving the discussion about the Georgia Southern book burning from the Sun Belt board to the political board when she wasn't required to do that. Could've been a good thread that was flushed into the sewer.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:53 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:12 pm

There’s a solid core of CAA* folks on here, BDK. Don’t be discouraged! Go on a mission to improve the CS football chatter. :)

And the few NDSU people on here (Gil and Winterborn, mostly) are good dudes. So that’s another plus! :nod:

*well, at least UD folks. 8-)
Hens have sucked for years but still outdraw all the other teams in the CAA except Madison. Can you imagine if the Hens were in a streak where they were the bridesmaid to NDSU every year? Have we ever had more than one UNH, URI, Toroson, Spidey, VillaNoFun... fan at one time? CAA fans suck with only two exceptions, and one of those two is still in infancy stage. Only Montana can imagine drawing 20k a game for 50 years. :tothehand:
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

There’s a solid core of CAA* folks on here, BDK. Don’t be discouraged! Go on a mission to improve the CS football chatter. :)

And the few NDSU people on here (Gil and Winterborn, mostly) are good dudes. So that’s another plus! :nod:

Hens have sucked for years but still outdraw all the other teams in the CAA except Madison. Can you imagine if the Hens were in a streak where they were the bridesmaid to NDSU every year? Have we ever had more than one UNH, URI, Toroson, Spidey, VillaNoFun... fan at one time? CAA fans suck with only two exceptions, and one of those two is still in infancy stage. Only Montana can imagine drawing 20k a game for 50 years. :tothehand:
Welcome back, friend!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:12 pm
Welcome back, friend!
:nod:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:37 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:12 pm

Welcome back, friend!
Oh sure...the one thing you agree with me on is my main nemesis returning. JFC! :ohno:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:58 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:17 am

You're right on that one and so are both Ivy and Ibanez on their posts ...
Well I can't argue that one way or the other because I haven't been on AGS's poli board in I guess 11 years. I went on the football board occasionally during the last couple of seasons, posted a handful of times, because the football discussion on here for some reason is severely lacking. That doesn't make any sense, because this is suppose to be, 1st and foremost, a FCS football message board..But I can't stand being on the AGS football board more than occasionally, because I find it to be one giant NDSU circle jerk for national, and even for CAA threads..So football wise you have a choice between a lack of discussion on here, or an NDSU circle jerk on AGS. You can't win.
NDSU circle jerk is the most apt description of what goes on over there. But since you haven't been there in 11 years, let me tell you that you'd fit in well. It's an NDSU/MAGA/Trump-apologist/cultist circle jerk.

I hope you aren't taking issue that 3 people have accurately described you (in this thread at least). :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

That's an interesting point. This board is heavy with CAA folks and light on everything else. :lol:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:46 am
UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Oh sure...the one thing you agree with me on is my main nemesis returning. JFC! :ohno:
Nemesis? CID never left.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:37 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:46 am

Nemesis? CID never left.
Nah...CID is like putty in my hands... :mrgreen:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:43 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:37 am
Nemesis? CID never left.
Nah...CID is like putty in my hands... :mrgreen:
Made of clay from the banks of the Vltava River and brought to life to defend the libertarians of CS. :)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I have for years...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:32 am

That's an interesting point. This board is heavy with CAA folks and light on everything else. :lol:
The only regular CAA are UD folks, me, and MaineJearff on and off. Once in a while a random other poster from a CAA school will pop in.

Most of this board is
-Big Sky
-MVFC (UNI/NDSU).
-UD
-Former I-AA

The rest is randoms..
Last edited by BDKJMU on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am
Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:32 am
The only regular CAA are UD folks, me, and MaineJearff on and off. Once in a while a random other poster from a CAA school will pop in.

Most of this board is
-Big Sky
-MVFC (UNI/NSU).
-UD
-Former I-AA

The rest is randoms..
:roll: You're exhausting
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:13 am
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:52 am

Most of this board is
-Big Sky
-MVFC (UNI/NSU).
-UD
-Former I-AA

The rest is randoms..
:roll: You're exhausting
Yup. Some folks just won’t let you be nice to them.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

Ibanez wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:26 am
Ivytalk wrote:
You mean...the conservatives on AGS are more like ....BDK? :shock:

I haven’t been on that Poli board in years. Even to kibitz. But the football talk is better over there, once you get by the Ungulate Hordes from the American Steppe.
I go over there a few times a year. The poli board is full of BDKs slapping each other on the backs and insulting anyone that uses 1A to have voice a difference of opinion.

AGS is AGS, both boards have their own tone and posters stick to that.

I have had some conversations with some of the "ungulates" that would make 88 and Gannon pause to think. ;) Just because somebody posts one way, doesn't necessarily mean that they think that way. People get caught up in their online personas sometimes. :thumb:

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:33 am
I go over there a few times a year. The poli board is full of BDKs slapping each other on the backs and insulting anyone that uses 1A to have voice a difference of opinion.

I have had some conversations with some of the "ungulates" that would make 88 and Gannon pause to think. ;) Just because somebody posts one way, doesn't necessarily mean that they think that way. People get caught up in their online personas sometimes. :thumb:
I had to look up ungulate and only came up with large mammals with hooves - is that what you meant? You'll have to dumb it down for me, I'm sure it's way over my head. :lol:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:42 am

I had to look up ungulate and only came up with large mammals with hooves - is that what you meant? You'll have to dumb it down for me, I'm sure it's way over my head. :lol:
It is Ivy's nickname for NDSU fans (Bison are large mammals) and it fits. Most of us tend to travel in herds and are fat..... :D :thumb:

Gill and I are probably the exception, we tend to stay away from the herds and do our own thing.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

I don't disagree WB. I prefer the tone of this board but AGS has its place. There seems to be more vitriol and less respect on AGS. While I love to bait the ungulates there, I also think there are some pretty cool ones that I would like to have a beer with. I was hoping that would happen with one or two this September but it looks like it will have to wait.

Another thing to BDK's point about infractions & bans - Ursus owns both boards and while the ban hammer is probably used more on AGS, it's not done without reason and ample warnings.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:19 am

I don't disagree WB. I prefer the tone of this board but AGS has its place. There seems to be more vitriol and less respect on AGS. While I love to bait the ungulates there, I also think there are some pretty cool ones that I would like to have a beer with. I was hoping that would happen with one or two this September but it looks like it will have to wait.

Another thing to BDK's point about infractions & bans - Ursus owns both boards and while the ban hammer is probably used more on AGS, it's not done without reason and ample warnings.
I do as well. I like discussion, trolling and jabs have their place but in moderation IMHO.

Ursus is definitely a fair bear. :nod: He gives plenty of warnings and the rules are clear. If you get banned, the only person to blame is yourself.

HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Is 6.93 still at AGS? I think my last post there was a response to him talking about how 529 plans for college savings is stupid. I said I got 6.93% return on my investment. He didn't respond. :lol:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:29 am Is 6.93 still at AGS? I think my last post there was a response to him talking about how 529 plans for college savings is stupid. I said I got 6.93% return on my investment. He didn't respond. :lol:
I don't think so but that is brilliant! :rofl:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:29 am Is 6.93 still at AGS? I think my last post there was a response to him talking about how 529 plans for college savings is stupid. I said I got 6.93% return on my investment. He didn't respond. :lol:
hasn't posted since February.

I was just reading his golf course thread. Andy :ohno:
:thumb: