The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:12 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:02 pm Like I said, very different generational mindsets.

GenX and above are typically more guarded of their privacy, Millennials and below are more open to sharing personal stuff.
Earth to Tripz: Nobody here cares to share your personal stuff. Keep it to yourself. Honor that right to privacy that you don’t recognize. Under the Constitution that you don’t recognize.
????

I honor it (and why I'm against the Patriot Act). If you want to live as privately as possible, I hope that for you.

I'm just pointing out this HUGE generational divide when it comes to the mindset regarding privacy.

And your argument is a little funny considering y'all share so much about your personal lives on a football message board, as well as the constant text messages I get all day about what's going on in your lives.

It's cute for a bunch of grown men though. :kisswink:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:10 pm Yeah that's not actually civil liberties, but ok.

Private platform does not equal free speech.
:nod:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:19 pm

Earth to Tripz: Nobody here cares to share your personal stuff. Keep it to yourself. Honor that right to privacy that you don’t recognize. Under the Constitution that you don’t recognize.
????

I honor it (and why I'm against the Patriot Act). If you want to live as privately as possible, I hope that for you.

I'm just pointing out this HUGE generational divide when it comes to the mindset regarding privacy.

And this argument is a little funny considering y'all share so much about your personal lives on a football message board, as well as the constant text messages I get all day about what's going on in your lives.

Well, Junior, I’m pleased that you’re willing to share all the tawdry
details of your personal life with the Twitterverse. And those “constant text messages” must divert your attention from your carefully cultivated professional self-image. But, hey, it’s your choice.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I don't even know what that means.

I'm a pretty private person...certainly more than you are from our post histories.

I'm just pointing out the generational divide.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:31 pm I don't even know what that means.

I'm a pretty private person...certainly more than you are from our post histories.

I'm literally just pointing out the generational divide.
Well, not private enough not to read “constant texts” about what’s going on in our personal lives. I guess you believe in one-way privacy. My friends on here post as much or as little about their personal lives as they’re comfortable with.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:35 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:31 pm I don't even know what that means.

I'm literally just pointing out the generational divide.
Well, not private enough not to read texts about what’s going on in our personal lives. I guess you believe in one-way privacy. My friends on here post as much or as little about their personal lives as they’re comfortable with.
Don't worry, it's on silent. I gave up removing myself from it cause everytime I did, it just comes back with notifications since it was considered a new chain of messages. I already asked to be removed, so if anything, seems like y'all ignored my privacy.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:39 pm

Well, not private enough not to read texts about what’s going on in our personal lives. I guess you believe in one-way privacy. My friends on here post as much or as little about their personal lives as they’re comfortable with.
Don't worry, it's on silent. I gave up removing myself from it cause everytime I did, it just comes back with notifications since it was considered a new chain of messages. I already asked to be removed, so if anything, seems like y'all ignored my privacy.
I don’t even know what that means.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:41 pm

I don’t even know what that means.
:lol:

I'll give you that one.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:16 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Well, when the left is trying to make it sound as if they kept people from showing up, the obvious needs to be stated.

I bet a bunch were worried about COVID and having to deal with harassment.

Would it have been better if it was only 500,000 tickets?
All I know is if I wanted to attend a Trump rally but thought there were going to be 500,000 or 1,000,000 people vying for 35,000 seats, I’m pretty sure I’d pass. So, to say they didn’t affect turnout is absurd.
Oh, I agree it affected turnout, but I think it was more changing the date, protestors and COVID that affected attendance. BOK seated 20k. I wouldn't have gone unless the weather was awesome, had some beer around, didn't have to wear a mask, there were a ton of chicks in skimpy clothing and reserved tickets were under 30k.

Trump had this small rally of 1,400, but had 20,000 in reservations. There is always going to be that threshold and it wasn't Tik Tokkers that saved the day here.

On a separate note, as I told Klam, 100k in data points to keep building your "digital copy" of a mean, hateful Democrats is invaluable.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:15 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:16 pm

All I know is if I wanted to attend a Trump rally but thought there were going to be 500,000 or 1,000,000 people vying for 35,000 seats, I’m pretty sure I’d pass. So, to say they didn’t affect turnout is absurd.
Oh, I agree it affected turnout, but I think it was more changing the date, protestors and COVID that affected attendance. BOK seated 20k. I wouldn't have gone unless the weather was awesome, had some beer around, didn't have to wear a mask, there were a ton of chicks in skimpy clothing and reserved tickets were under 30k.

Trump had this small rally of 1,400, but had 20,000 in reservations. There is always going to be that threshold and it wasn't Tik Tokkers that saved the day here.

On a separate note, as I told Klam, 100k in data points to keep building your "digital copy" of a mean, hateful Democrats is invaluable.
BOK seats 20, but with the SRO I would imagine packed would be more like 25k (if the Firemarshal allowed that many)
Firemarshal said tickets 6,200 scanned (not including staff, security, VIPS, etc).

Yep on the 4 reasons keeping the crowd size down
-Think the virus kept away a lot, esp the older.
-Threat of violence kept away alot, including families and older.
-Changing the date some.
-Ti Tokkers some.

If pro sports were going on right now and allowed fans, there's no reason to limit them. They'll limit themselves over virus fears.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:47 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:15 pm

BOK seats 20, but with the SRO I would imagine packed would be more like 25k (if the Firemarshal allowed that many)
Firemarshal said tickets 6,200 scanned (not including staff, security, VIPS, etc).

-Changing the date some.
-Ti Tokkers some.

If pro sports were going on right now and allowed fans, there's no reason to limit them. They'll limit themselves over virus fears.
Holy spinnings bat boys. :lol:

Trump is a grade A douchebag and is toast. Resign yourselves to that fact now and it will be far easier for you in November.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:47 pm BOK seats 20, but with the SRO I would imagine packed would be more like 25k (if the Firemarshal allowed that many)

-Changing the date some.
-Ti Tokkers some.

Trump is a grade A douchebag and is toast. Resign yourselves to that fact now and it will be far easier for you in November.
I wouldn’t be so sure.

I thought Hillary was going to win in a landslide.

Now the Dems are running a demonstrably senile old man.

And it looks like he could possibly pick Susan Rice (the second most dishonest Obama cabinet member behind Holder) or the thoroughly unlikeable Warren.

Again, with this kind of crappy binary shit sandwich we are all being offered, I’d say all bets are off in November.

Of course, we could all vote Libertarian and give them enough points to get on future debate stages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Trump is getting at least 4 more years.

Reign that in

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The Official

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:33 pm
kalm wrote:

I wouldn’t be so sure.

And it looks like he could possibly pick Susan Rice (the second most dishonest Obama cabinet member behind Holder) or the thoroughly unlikeable Warren.

Again, with this kind of crappy binary shit sandwich we are all being offered, I’d say all bets are off in November.

Of course, we could all vote Libertarian and give them enough points to get on future debate stages

They will shield Biden and let Trump run his mouth. I don’t care for Rice either but I don’t see Trumps numbers improving anymore than Biden’s cognitive abilities. Things are not going to suddenly improve and even though that’s not all Trump’s fault, I don’t see independent voters swinging his direction.

Agree on a third party making headway.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Today?

WTF

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Also from Trip's favorite teens:

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

????

And your argument is a little funny considering y'all share so much about your personal lives on a football message board, as well as the constant text messages I get all day about what's going on in your lives.

Are you mocking friendship? I honestly can't tell.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

With an iPhone you're allowed to leave the convo and not receive texts. You might want to ask 93 or CAA (I forget who set it up) to remove you.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:10 pm Yeah that's not actually civil liberties, but ok.

Except those digital spaces are the new "town square", but go ahead with whatever mental gymnastics you need to justify your ideology. :coffee:
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:33 pm Of course, we could all vote Libertarian and give them enough points to get on future debate stages
At this rate I'll be doing that for every election for the rest of time
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:19 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:47 pm

-Changing the date some.
-Ti Tokkers some.

The SS said 12k through the magnetometers, which makes sense (10k lower bowl almost totally full + looked like a couple k standing).

And nope, 4 more years. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:17 am

????

Are you mocking friendship? I honestly can't tell.
Really? You can't tell? :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:23 am

Except those digital spaces are the new "town square", but go ahead with whatever mental gymnastics you need to justify your ideology. :coffee:
So you’re now agreeing with making them a utility? Somewhere in the Seattle area is a smug prick smiling at this. :lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

More Trumptillas this past weekend from NC to FL..
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:18 pm
CID1990 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:33 pm
I wouldn’t be so sure.

They will shield Biden and let Trump run his mouth. I don’t care for Rice either but I don’t see Trumps numbers improving anymore than Biden’s cognitive abilities. Things are not going to suddenly improve and even though that’s not all Trump’s fault, I don’t see independent voters swinging his direction.

Agree on a third party making headway.
:lol: They can't shield Biden..
-Biden campaign just agreed to 3 general election debates.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... ion-debate
-Biden has not done a press conference in 82 days, which he will eventually have to do (interviews with hand picked journalists & questions & ground rules don't count).
-Biden will have to come out of his basement and campaign. That's typically 80-100 hr weeks for a couple months straight.

Biden's liable to brag how he picked for VP 'a colored woman who's clean and articulate' and similar comments..