Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Hey Seattle and Portland.....

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:34 am
kalm wrote:
That’s not what I read last night or updated by the Seattle Times here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattl ... t/%3famp=1

It says he continued for 2 miles before being stopped.
What you read was incorrect. The video clearly shows him stopping, with his hazard lights on. He doesn’t flee until he is approached by a couple of protesters. The guy is obviously trying to figure out what to do and then decides sticking around is the bad option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Misinformation from the Seattle Times. Why am I not surprised.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:35 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
Both are still alive at this point, but one is in critical, the other stable.
Well, shoes go flyin in some nonfatal autopeds too... but not all

So my observation still stands! I never saw a dead autoped that didn’t have bare feets

Did they still have their socks on?
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Winterborn wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:35 pm Well, shoes go flyin in some nonfatal autopeds too... but not all

So my observation still stands! I never saw a dead autoped that didn’t have bare feets

If they were wearing them in the first place, yeah.

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:34 pm
Winterborn wrote:

Drat. All those times I threatened my brother to "knock his socks off" and I wouldn't have even been able to do it. :ohno: :lol:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:43 am
CID1990 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:34 pm

Drat. All those times I threatened my brother to "knock his socks off" and I wouldn't have even been able to do it. :ohno: :lol:
I thought that phrase was a euphemism for sex. :? You guys have really tight families in Nodak I guess...
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:09 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:43 am

I thought that phrase was a euphemism for sex. :? You guys have really tight families in Nodak I guess...
:tothehand:

The phrase you are looking for is "Knocking boots". I am really starting to question the education quality of the Palouse..... :suspicious:

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Winterborn wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:27 am
kalm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:09 am

The phrase you are looking for is "Knocking boots". I am really starting to question the education quality of the Palouse..... :suspicious:
:lol: :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:24 am
Winterborn wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:27 am

Shut up, Flaggy!

“Knocking Birkenstocks” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:29 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:24 am
Shut up, Flaggy!

“Knocking Birkenstocks” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
No it does not. :lol:

Can one even knock Birkenstocks? In any toes down situation, I think they would fall right off. I mean unless it was so good your toes curled and kept them on your feet.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Where’s Cleets? Buying ammo? Admiring Musk’s flamethrower collection? :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Read that the Seattle city council has a veto proof majority to cut the police budget by 50%. That should work well.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 am Read that the Seattle city council has a veto proof majority to cut the police budget by 50%. That should work well.
God, I can’t wait for this experiment in “government”. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

In six months, Seattle and Minneapolis will look just like Somalia, and it’ll take YEARS to recover (if ever). We’ll have our own little Petri dish experiments right here in the good ol’ U S of A.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:55 am
HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 am Read that the Seattle city council has a veto proof majority to cut the police budget by 50%. That should work well.

In six months, Seattle and Minneapolis will look just like Somalia, and it’ll take YEARS to recover (if ever). We’ll have our own little Petri dish experiments right here in the good ol’ U S of A.
Minneapolis already has a little mogadishu. :coffee:

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:10 am

Minneapolis already has a little mogadishu. :coffee:
Represented by a little Mogadishun, Omar.
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

They will just come back and say the reason it failed is they didn't throw enough money at each of the locations.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:20 am

They will just come back and say the reason it failed is they didn't throw enough money at each of the locations.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Can Trip, Kalm or someone else explain the reasoning behind this so that a toxic, straight, white, middle-aged male can understand?

It seems to me that there is an underlying belief that cops are bad and that criminals are just misunderstood and if they were treated differently we wouldn't have as great of a need for the police. It belies the reality that there are evil people in this world.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:20 am

R
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 pm

Can Trip, Kalm or someone else explain the reasoning behind this so that a toxic, straight, white, middle-aged male can understand?

It seems to me that there is an underlying belief that cops are bad and that criminals are just misunderstood and if they were treated differently we wouldn't have as great of a need for the police. It belies the reality that there are evil people in this world.
I can't explain the folks that say "defund and dismantle" - those are the folks that are flat out crazy and think all policing in this world started with slave catcher patrols in the 19th century (ignoring the centuries of policing and other public safety measures that came before that).

I can certainly understand the gripe with policing, though. I think I may have been stopped by cops once in my life when I wasn't doing something patently illegal (like speeding or running a stop sign). The one time I got pulled over by a cop because she said my brake light was out - it was a Sunday morning, a mile from my house, and she even gave me a warning on it. And I was annoyed about that. I can't imagine the Black folks who have been pulled over or stopped by the police 20, 30, 40 times in their lives. And I know it has to be at least mostly true. There's no way they were speeding or running lights that many times. That has to be incredibly disconcerting, especially when you also look at the number of violent interactions with cops that some of these stops result in. If there's a 1 in 1000 chance an encounter with a cop ends up in a violent outcome, of course you're going to be concerned when you get pulled over 30 or 40 times throughout your life. I've been pulled over once for really nothing, and that one time pissed me off. I think I read the other day that Will Smith said growing up in Philly he got stopped by the cops on numerous occasions, and he lost track of how many times cops used the n word when dealing with him. That's just patently unacceptable and until we clean that up we'll never get anywhere.

Policing has to change for us to get past this. You can't stop a person in a vehicle or just walking down the street simply because they're Black, yet I'm sure it happens every day. And I'm good with the idea that not every incident deserves police presence. If you're dealing with drug abuse or a homeless person or mental illness then even if the cop is there someone else who's not a cop should probably take the lead. If that's what defunding means, then by all means, call it something else and talk about doing that. Talk about being able to not have police stop Blacks 30-40 times in their lifetimes, or more even, and then we can make some progress.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:08 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:27 pm

I can't explain the folks that say "defund and dismantle" - those are the folks that are flat out crazy and think all policing in this world started with slave catcher patrols in the 19th century (ignoring the centuries of policing and other public safety measures that came before that).

I can certainly understand the gripe with policing, though. I think I may have been stopped by cops once in my life when I wasn't doing something patently illegal (like speeding or running a stop sign). The one time I got pulled over by a cop because she said my brake light was out - it was a Sunday morning, a mile from my house, and she even gave me a warning on it. And I was annoyed about that. I can't imagine the Black folks who have been pulled over or stopped by the police 20, 30, 40 times in their lives. And I know it has to be at least mostly true. There's no way they were speeding or running lights that many times. That has to be incredibly disconcerting, especially when you also look at the number of violent interactions with cops that some of these stops result in. If there's a 1 in 1000 chance an encounter with a cop ends up in a violent outcome, of course you're going to be concerned when you get pulled over 30 or 40 times throughout your life. I've been pulled over once for really nothing, and that one time pissed me off. I think I read the other day that Will Smith said growing up in Philly he got stopped by the cops on numerous occasions, and he lost track of how many times cops used the n word when dealing with him. That's just patently unacceptable and until we clean that up we'll never get anywhere.

Policing has to change for us to get past this. You can't stop a person in a vehicle or just walking down the street simply because they're Black, yet I'm sure it happens every day. And I'm good with the idea that not every incident deserves police presence. If you're dealing with drug abuse or a homeless person or mental illness then even if the cop is there someone else who's not a cop should probably take the lead. If that's what defunding means, then by all means, call it something else and talk about doing that. Talk about being able to not have police stop Blacks 30-40 times in their lifetimes, or more even, and then we can make some progress.
None of that changes the fact that a 50% reduction in funding/staffing is gonna result in an absolute free-for-all in those cities. Drugs. Sex trafficking. Armed robbery. B&E. Random killings...Seattle couldn’t self-police a 6-square block area for 2 weeks without there being 2 shooting deaths. Think “Chicago” on steroids.

Hell, just look at what’s happened in NYC since the cops basically said “fuck it”. :shock:

Do there need to be changes in the way police forces work/profile? No doubt. But it’s a fine line between a semblance of law and order and anarchy. We’re about to find out exactly where that line is....
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:18 pm
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:08 pm

None of that changes the fact that a 50% reduction in funding/staffing is gonna result in an absolute free-for-all in those cities. Drugs. Sex trafficking. Armed robbery. B&E. Random killings...Seattle couldn’t self-police a 6-square block area for 2 weeks without there being 2 shooting deaths. Think “Chicago” on steroids.

Hell, just look at what’s happened in NYC since the cops basically said “fuck it”. :shock:

It’s a fine line between a semblance of law and order and anarchy. We’re about to find out exactly where that line is....
I don't disagree with that at all - I think it is damaging to come out with "defund and disband". You give more license to bad people to do bad things because they think they can act with impunity now and you basically tell the cops to stop doing their job (especially if it puts them at risk of injury or death) because no one's going to support them if they do protect themselves. Heck, even before all of this happened you already had scenes in NYC where folks would taunt and throw things at cops who were doing perfectly legit arrests or stops. It's a toxic brew and I'm not sure how we get out of it - the left side of the political divide abandoned rational thought at about the same time that the right abandoned integrity.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

400% spike in NYPD retirement applications

Can’t blame them.

DiBlasio and his ilk can EAD and prepare for anarchy in the streets.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

You could replace "police" with "education" in that meme
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)