UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: Cancel Culture thread

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:45 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:34 pm
Just because a bunch of woke, whiny faggity, cancel culture liberals don’t like the name, doesn’t mean it should be changed.
Nah, it's literally a racist name. From 2014:

I remember this issue for at least 15 years now (if not longer). REALLY hope its finally coming to a head this time around.

ps. DC won't allow the Redskins to move back to RFK site unless they change the name. Good stuff.
I agree with Trip. Redskins is a racist name and should be replaced. It isn't a tribal group like Seminoles, Illini, Sioux, etc. that you could argue is the Native American equivalent of European groups like the Vandals, Vikings, Highlanders, etc.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I think it's as simple as this: Would you call a Native American a Redskin to their face?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

The NFL has completely bent the knee (pun intended). There’s no WAY the Redskins take the field as the Redskins ever again.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:Also Nike just removed all Redskins items off their site.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You’re more worried about whose logos they sell than you are by their overseas labor practices

All about style over substance as usual

That’s why this isn’t about “justice”. It is about making “the man” do things
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:02 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:Also Nike just removed all Redskins items off their site.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You’re more worried about whose logos they sell than you are by their overseas labor practices

Nah, many problems can be solved at once but some are tougher than others. The abuse of overseas labor is an issue that's being tackled, but that one is a grind and takes time. It also requires a complete overhaul of capitalism (something I doubt you approve of).

Nike's day will come too. And your 401 (and mine) too. Gonna be a radical decade or two. :nod:
Last edited by ∞∞∞ on Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:08 pm

Nah, many problems can be solved at once but some are tougher than others. The abuse of overseas labor is an issue that's being tackled, but that one is a grind and takes time. It also requires a complete overhaul of capitalism (something I doubt you approve of).
Or....or.....you could just stop buying their shit. :coffee: :coffee: How hard is that?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 pm

Or....or.....you could just stop buying their shit. :coffee: :coffee: How hard is that?
From Asia, I don't buy anything not made in Taiwan, Japan, or South Korea.

Started doing that about a year ago. I also try to buy American as much as possible.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:02 pm You’re more worried about whose logos they sell than you are by their overseas labor practices

Nike's day will come too. And your 401 (and mine) too. Gonna be a radical decade or two. :nod:
I’m sure you’d love that last part

But invested wealth will flee long before the collectivist rabble can get their hands on it, mine included

it is as much a part of the script as the misery, authoritarianism, and eventual failure of all peasant revolts, ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:07 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:

But invested wealth will flee long before the collectivist rabble can get their hands on it, mine included

it is as much a part of the script as the misery, authoritarianism, and eventual failure of all peasant revolts, ever

Reminds me of this scene. One of our favorite all time movies and we just happened to be watching it last night.

Peter O’toole...

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:03 pm Speaking of cancel culture...has anyone signed Kaepernick yet?

I hear the Dixie Chicks are changing their name...
The NFL is changing their name to The CKB - Colin Kaepernick's Bitches

I think they should hire him as CEO and keep Goodell as his assistant to make coffee
:coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:07 pm
∞∞∞ wrote:

I thought it was already in Panama?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: Not it's not. LeBron and the NBA keep bending the knee to China, one of this biggest abusers of labor (and lives), all to get into that market. These people, and most of the celebrity SJW's, couldn't give 2 fucks about actual change.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:15 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 pm

From Asia, I don't buy anything not made in Taiwan, Japan, or South Korea.

Started doing that about a year ago. I also try to buy American as much as possible.
So you have no Nike gear? But you support their “social justice’ campaign despite the skeletons in their own closet....which makes you no better than the average NBA player. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Now they don't even want people going to church. And I was told all protesters wore masks to stop spreading the Chinese Flu.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

SDHornet wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:47 am

:lol: Not it's not. LeBron and the NBA keep bending the knee to China, one of this biggest abusers of labor (and lives), all to get into that market. These people, and most of the celebrity SJW's, couldn't give 2 fucks about actual change.
Heck, I think someone finally got into Daniel Snyder's ear and let him know that he could make a fortune out of a name change considering the amount of new merchandise that will have to be purchased to replace the old merchandise. Heck, he could go for a two-fer in this climate and pick that Red-Tails name and even get the SJW/BLM buy in for it. These guys, like the NBA folks, follow the money. Ultimately, it's always about the money.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:51 am
SDHornet wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:47 am

Heck, I think someone finally got into Daniel Snyder's ear and let him know that he could make a fortune out of a name change considering the amount of new merchandise that will have to be purchased to replace the old merchandise. Heck, he could go for a two-fer in this climate and pick that Red-Tails name and even get the SJW/BLM buy in for it. These guys, like the NBA folks, follow the money. Ultimately, it's always about the money.
:nod:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Words that should be banned according to CNN:
-master bedroom
-master bathroom
-Master’s Tournament
-blacklists
-whitelists
-black ball
-peanut gallery
-grandfathered
-cakewalk
-lynch mob
-uppity
-sold down the river
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/every ... r-BB16nYUx
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The L'Oreal Group has decided to remove the words white/whitening, fair/fairness, light/lightening from all its skin evening products.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/loreal-re ... g-products
Unilever says it is dropping terms like “whitening,” “lightening” and “fair” from its marketing language to better promote racial inclusivity in the beauty industry.
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/unile ... air-lovely
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:04 pm

All this talk of “master” makes me wanna go have a quick tug.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
catbooster
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by catbooster »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:04 pm

I've been meaning to update my resume. What do we call a Master of Science now?

While I'm at it, I suppose Bachelor of Science is a misogynistic term. What should I put for my undergrad degree?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

A bunch of people in media, entertainment, and academia signed a letter condemning cancel culture.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/j-k-rowli ... l-culture/

Naturally, a lot of blue cbeckmarks on Twitter are really livid. One Vox writer Tweeted a letter she wrote to her boss to report Matt Iglesias for it, saying it made her feel "unsafe". This is a letter that Noam Chomsky signed.

Just start calling these people "the alt left".
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Pwns wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 pm A bunch of people in media, entertainment, and academia signed a letter condemning cancel culture.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/j-k-rowli ... l-culture/

Naturally, a lot of blue cbeckmarks on Twitter are really livid. One Vox writer Tweeted a letter she wrote to her boss to report Matt Iglesias for it, saying it made her feel "unsafe". This is a letter that Noam Chomsky signed.

Just start calling these people "the alt left".
Well, some Leftists claim "Cancel Culture" doesn't exist (kinda like antifa) so there's that. :lol:

Oh and: