Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: 2020 General Election

Post by kalm »

Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:22 am Hey, kalmie, why don’t you find an article about the soul-crushing, idea-killing effect of the Duopoly on American politics?
Listen to the Jimmy Doré podcast. Or this interview with Mark Thompson.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/the-edge ... -65709880/
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:48 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:46 pm Voted Johnson in 2016.

I think the Democratic candidate is better this time and the Libertarian is worse. Change my mind.
The only thing better about Biden is he’s NOT Hillary. He’s mush. Gonna be “handled” by the deep state or dead in a year.
Do you have an organization chart for the Deep State - so we can keep trac of the players?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:46 pm Voted Johnson in 2016.

I think the Democratic candidate is better this time and the Libertarian is worse. Change my mind.
IMO, the strength of Biden's candidacy depends on his VP choice so it's premature to try. Until then it's like comparing a ventriloquist's dummy to a thinking human. :D
Tammy Duckworth :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:34 pm Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with forced mail in ballots. :coffee:
In the City Council election, 16,747 vote-by-mail ballots were received, but only 13,557 votes were counted. More than 3,190 votes, 19% of the total ballots cast, were disqualified by the board of elections. Due to the pandemic, Paterson’s election was done through vote-by-mail. Community organizations, such as the city’s NAACP chapter, are calling for the entire election to be invalidated.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 43551.html

Is that how you intend to spin the Blue Tsunami? :lol:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:48 pm

I held on to the both sides suck concept as long as I could and I can still understand a third party protest vote but anyone considering voting for Trump over a roadkill raccoon at this point is stupid and/or out of their fucking mind.

:nod:
One side is criminally insane (D) and the other side is criminally stupid (R).

Trump only looks somewhat good because the Donks have decided to embrace the opinions of a bunch of woke windsocks and follow their lead. :ohno:
the other side is criminally criminal :coffee:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:08 pm
Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:31 pm
One side is criminally insane (D) and the other side is criminally stupid (R).

Trump only looks somewhat good because the Donks have decided to embrace the opinions of a bunch of woke windsocks and follow their lead. :ohno:
the other side is criminally criminal :coffee:
You are correct, the Illinois Democratic Party is criminally Criminal:
Rod Blagojevich
Jesse Jackson Jr.
Mel Reynolds
Dan Rostenkowski
To name a few.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:56 am
IMO, the strength of Biden's candidacy depends on his VP choice so it's premature to try. Until then it's like comparing a ventriloquist's dummy to a thinking human. :D
Based on what little I know about Tammy, I like her. But will the woke left support a war-mongering Vet who lost her legs spreading US imperialism?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:56 am

Too white.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:53 pm IMO, the strength of Biden's candidacy depends on his VP choice so it's premature to try. Until then it's like comparing a ventriloquist's dummy to a thinking human. :D
She’s actually palatable.

I saw some media making noise about her this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CID1990 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:39 pm
houndawg wrote:

Nah, The Squat and the blm crowd will never stand for it. She might get a prime-time convention speech, though.

I know you dig Thai women, but....
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 am

Nah, The Squat and the blm crowd will never stand for it. She might get a prime-time convention speech, though.

I think that your incel-like fascination with them leads you to attribute greater power and influence to them than they actually posess. Biden, and the handful of corporate persons funding him, desperately want to avoid having Stacy Abrams as VP, and theirs are the voices that matter in the Democrat party.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

houndawg wrote:

I'm surprised that her name wasn't in the mix from the get go, she's clearly ambitious and I don't see any boxes she doesn't check
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:36 am
Ivytalk wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:22 am Hey, kalmie, why don’t you find an article about the soul-crushing, idea-killing effect of the Duopoly on American politics?

Where did you find the accent aigu?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:48 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:36 am

Where did you find the accent aigu?
My phone must have auto corrected for it.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:30 am
Ivytalk wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 am

I think that your incel-like fascination with them leads you to attribute greater power and influence to them than they actually posess. Biden, and the handful of corporate persons funding him, desperately want to avoid having Stacy Abrams as VP, and theirs are the voices that matter in the Democrat party.
I still say it’s Caramel Harris’s slot to lose. Jamaica>Thai this year.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

This is an idea I can certainly get behind - the Atlanta Hawks are going to be opening their arena as a polling place for November's election, and help to staff it with workers from that arena.

IMO, I think this is great. Whenever there are issues with polling places and long lines, it's almost always due to not having enough venues to host polling spots and not having enough volunteers to man the polling places - i.e., it's almost always a local issue. Hopefully this helps to foster more interest and participation locally for folks, especially the younger generations, to get off their butts and start helping civically. :thumb:

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/06/30/hawks ... 0-election
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 am This is an idea I can certainly get behind - the Atlanta Hawks are going to be opening their arena as a polling place for November's election, and help to staff it with workers from that arena.

IMO, I think this is great. Whenever there are issues with polling places and long lines, it's almost always due to not having enough venues to host polling spots and not having enough volunteers to man the polling places - i.e., it's almost always a local issue. Hopefully this helps to foster more interest and participation locally for folks, especially the younger generations, to get off their butts and start helping civically. :thumb:

Donk
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

8.3 million background checks from March 1 to June 30th...what will the anti-gun Biden campaign say on gun control now...

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:07 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 am This is an idea I can certainly get behind - the Atlanta Hawks are going to be opening their arena as a polling place for November's election, and help to staff it with workers from that arena.

Donk
Do you have anything more to add? Care to expound on that?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Col Hogan wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 am 8.3 million background checks from March 1 to June 30th...what will the anti-gun Biden campaign say on gun control now...

Probably ignore it. :coffee:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

There seems to be some Internet buzz now about a
“Unity Ticket” featuring Andrew Yang and William McRaven in the top slots. Theory is that those two would exchange ideas and swap spots every 4 years for 16 years. Supposedly a center-left/center-right alliance that is big among “ranked choice voting” supporters. Problem is that the train has pretty much left the station this year in terms of ballot access.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 pm There seems to be some Internet buzz now about a
“Unity Ticket” featuring Andrew Yang and William McRaven in the top slots. Theory is that those two would exchange ideas and swap spots every 4 years for 16 years. Supposedly a center-left/center-right alliance that is big among “ranked choice voting” supporters. Problem is that the train has pretty much left the station this year in terms of ballot access.
:lol: :roll:

Gotta love the BS the internet comes up with.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm
Ivytalk wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:13 pm There seems to be some Internet buzz now about a

But you’d take that over a Biden presidency, right? I would. You now live in a swing state, so chose wisely.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:07 pm
Donk
Do you have anything more to add? Care to expound on that?
Did you miss where I bolded 'local'? Yes it is almost always a local issue. Almost always a local donk issue. Its not something of concern in conk run districts.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:34 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:23 pm

But you’d take that over a Biden presidency, right? I would. You now live in a swing state, so chose wisely.
Yes, I’d take that in a fucking heartbeat over a Biden (or a Trump) presidency. :nod: :nod: I was referring more to the “changing positions every 4 years for 16 years), like we’re going to rewrite the constitution in the next 4 months. :lol:

Edit: Although, for clarity, I don’t look at anyone who’s primary campaign plank was Universal Income to be “center-left”. :roll:

Oh, and I can assure you that all the BLM/Antifa/Rioters/Protesters/Karens/AOC’s of the world won’t settle for a ticket like that either. :suspicious: :suspicious:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12