Post by AshevilleApp »

Okay, the boat was pretty cool!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Master Race

Post by AZGrizFan »

Analjelly, I’m failing to see your point with this new thread....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I actually have thought of occasionally flying the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. And I'm in good shape. 6'1", 177 pounds. BMI 23.3. Exercise every day with good muscle definition; especially for a 62 year old.

But I probably won't. Too much grief if I do it.

I might see if I can find a Bonnie Blue flag though. Nobody would understand what it is so I wouldn't get any grief about it. And I do live in what was once the Republic of West Florida before the United States invaded it for no reason.

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:51 pm Analjelly, I’m failing to see your point with this new thread....
I think Cit Grad's microaggressions triggered him.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Baldy wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:21 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:51 pm Analjelly, I’m failing to see your point with this new thread....
I think Cit Grad's microaggressions triggered him.
Only micro? Damn! I was going for macro.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:Analjelly, I’m failing to see your point with this new thread....
He's trying to shame people into submission because they are white. White people can't have a culture or any kind of identity.

That only for blacks, Mexicans and Aisians

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Jelly's mad at his family for not inviting him to the family reunion so he posted their pictures.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:11 pm I actually have thought of occasionally flying the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. And I'm in good shape. 6'1", 177 pounds. BMI 23.3. Exercise every day with good muscle definition; especially for a 62 year old.

I might see if I can find a Bonnie Blue flag though. Nobody would understand what it is so I wouldn't get any grief about it. And I do live in what was once the Republic of West Florida before the United States invaded it for no reason.

"No reason"? We invaded it because we wanted it. And because the language in the Louisiana Purchase was a little sloppy. Madison was very Jeffersonian when he wanted to skirt the Constitution to do what he wanted to do.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:11 pm I actually have thought of occasionally flying the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. And I'm in good shape. 6'1", 177 pounds. BMI 23.3. Exercise every day with good muscle definition; especially for a 62 year old.

"No reason"? We invaded it because we wanted it. And because the language in the Louisiana Purchase was a little sloppy. Madison was very Jeffersonian when he wanted to skirt the Constitution to do what he wanted to do.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

We have a “Gorillas in the Mist” thread but PCU level triggering when Skelly starts a thread about Cgrad’s and BDK’s homies.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:32 am We have a “Gorillas in the Mist” thread but PCU level triggering when Skelly starts a thread about Cgrad’s and BDK’s homies.
The Invisible Empire has always been a little shaky when it comes to self-realization. I think they're invisible so they don't need to see what they look like. I imagine mirrors are not plentiful in their houses either. :coffee:
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

You know I struggle somewhat with this one. I grew up with a Confederate flag hanging in my bedroom. Went to southern rock concerts in my late teens and early adulthood with a confederate battle flag hanging behind the stage. To me it said "I'm southern. I proud to be Southern. I like southern music, southern food, southern literature, even southern accents. ;) "

So from that level, I have no problem with the battle flag.

On the other hand, after I became an adult and had adult conversations with black friends and co-workers and understood the agony their family suffered with the KKK and other groups waving the flag in their face. I concluded that their arguments against the flag were stronger than arguments for it. I am very sad about the incident that promoted the removal of the flag from the SC State house grounds, but very glad it has been moved.

With that said, I still know people that have a flag somewhere, on their car or in their front yard and as far as I can tell based on the conversations I have with them, they fly it for the southern heritage reasons I stated above and they are not the people pictured in the first post. They aren't racists, although maybe somewhat insensitive.

Personally, I would prefer the flag to stay out of sight but like most issues, it isn't as easy as we would like for it to be.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

OL FU wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:44 am You know I struggle somewhat with this one. I grew up with a Confederate flag hanging in my bedroom. Went to southern rock concerts in my late teens and early adulthood with a confederate battle flag hanging behind the stage. To me it said "I'm southern. I proud to be Southern. I like southern music, southern food, southern literature, even southern accents. ;) "

So from that level, I have no problem with the battle flag.

On the other hand, after I became an adult and had adult conversations with black friends and co-workers and understood the agony their family suffered with the KKK and other groups waving the flag in their face. I concluded that their arguments against the flag were stronger than arguments for it. I am very sad about the incident that promoted the removal of the flag from the SC State house grounds, but very glad it has been moved.

With that said, I still know people that have a flag somewhere, on their car or in their front yard and as far as I can tell based on the conversations I have with them, they fly it for the southern heritage reasons I stated above and they are not the people pictured in the first post. They aren't racists, although maybe somewhat insensitive.

Personally, I would prefer the flag to stay out of sight but like most issues, it isn't as easy as we would like for it to be.
All good points. Bad people doing bad things can certainly dictate what symbols mean. The swatzika was a good symbol before the Nazis got their hands on it.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 amAll good points. Bad people doing bad things can certainly dictate what symbols mean. The swatzika was a good symbol before the Nazis got their hands on it.
I mean to be fair, you still see them in Asian households (at least around here) and it was everywhere when I visited India.

But yes, in the US and Europe public displays of the swastika are obviously a no-go.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:12 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:06 amAll good points. Bad people doing bad things can certainly dictate what symbols mean. The swatzika was a good symbol before the Nazis got their hands on it.
I mean to be fair, you still see them in Asian households (at least around here) and it was everywhere when I visited India.

But yes, in the US and Europe public displays of the swastika are obviously a no-go.
Understood.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:We have a “Gorillas in the Mist” thread but PCU level triggering when Skelly starts a thread about Cgrad’s and BDK’s homies.
Nobody is triggered klam, we are just honoring TMan and CS history and culture.

TMan Threads Matter

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Why?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:32 am We have a “Gorillas in the Mist” thread but PCU level triggering when Skelly starts a thread about Cgrad’s and BDK’s homies.
That 'Gorillas in the Mist' thread is the worst. TMan started it right after the Charleston church shooting. Dylan Roof was inspired by sites that similarly catalog black people doing shitty things. I guess TMan was also inspired. :?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:47 am
That 'Gorillas in the Mist' thread is the worst. TMan started it right after the Charleston church shooting. Dylan Roof was inspired by sites that similarly catalog black people doing shitty things. I guess TMan was also inspired. :?
Yeah I've never posted in there because it's blatantly racist. I hate the title.

Pretty sure it's a ripoff from Stormfront too.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

Anyone notice all the black posters slowly left this site one by one...

Well, except Dal. Nothing gets rid of that guy :ohno:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Silenoz wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:52 am
Anyone notice all the black posters slowly left this site one by one...

Well, except Dal. Nothing gets rid of that guy :ohno:
I have and was thinking the same. Tampajag was a great poster.

I don’t blame them.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

HI54UNI wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:32 am Jelly's mad at his family for not inviting him to the family reunion so he posted their pictures.
So of those pics were taken in Bama. Where is Jelly from again?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Alabama.

I love the South and I love Alabama. I just love it enough to recognize its flaws and shortcomings. :thumb:
Ain't about no hatred better raise a glass
It's a little about some rebels but it ain't about the past
Ain't about no foolish pride, Ain't about no flag
Hate's the only thing that my truck would want to drag
You think I'm dumb, maybe not too bright
You wonder how I sleep at night
Proud of the glory, stare down the shame
Duality of the southern thing
Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:48 am Alabama.

I love the South and I love Alabama. I just love it enough to recognize its flaws and shortcomings. :thumb:
I knew you were from Bama. Was trolling..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.