BLM: Riddle Me This....

Political discussions
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

BLM: Riddle Me This....

Post by AZGrizFan »

#BlackLivesMatter. An interesting catch-phrase. I’ve had well meaning people try to explain it to me that “if you answer “Black Lives Matter” with “All Lives Matter” that it’s akin to running through a funeral yelling “but I’ve suffered loss too!!”” So, let’s apply that logic to this slogan. Honestly, to be truly accurate it should really read #BlackLivesMatterButOnlyIfTheyWereOneofTheFifteenKilledEachYearByAnObviouslyRacistCop because it’s readily apparent that only CERTAIN black lives matter to the people behind the slogan. It’s readily apparent that the tens of thousands of OTHER black lives that are lost each year do not seem to matter. Or is it too much to ask them to look INWARD at some cultural and social issues before they focus on the minutia? 50% of AA pregnancies are aborted—never given a chance at life. Less than 20% of the AA children who make it to delivery grow up with a father figure in their life (40 years ago that figure was reversed—80% grew up with a father figure). This lack of a male influence increases their odds of ending up poor, pregnant or in prison by over 20x. Over 7,000 blacks are killed by OTHER blacks every year. A number of blacks have lost their lives in just the recent round of riots. Their lives don’t seem to matter. To anyone.

I’m no social worker, but that’s multiple HUUUUUUUUGE cultural issues that the black community should address, yet you hear almost nothing but crickets from the AA community and the political left. Why? Is it because it’s easier and more politically expedient to demonize the entirety of America’s police force over the minutia than risk losing the black vote? Is it because it plays right into young radical leftists’ hands and is like feeding them red meat? Is it because it gives the AA community something to galvanize around while simultaneously creating/blaming an imaginary bogeyman (“systemic racism”), while being able to turn a blind eye to the truly gigantic cultural issues facing their communities? I’m honestly asking.

To me, focusing on the insignificant number (and shrinking each year) of AA’s killed by cops (justly or unjustly) is akin to the Captain worrying about the placement of deck chairs on the Titanic as it’s going down by the bow. And I’m not trying to trivialize those deaths. Some (George Floyd, etc.) are tragic. Some appear to be deserved. But at the end of the day, fewer blacks are killed by cops in a YEAR than are killed by other blacks in JUST Chicago in ONE WEEKEND. So if #BlackLivesMatter were REALLY true, it would apply to ALL black lives, and it seems to this layman they’d be focusing on something else, something bigger, something much more impactful, than the handful that are killed interacting with their local police force.

Someone please explain to me what I’m missing here....I honestly want to know.

P.S. And God fucking HELP the NFL player who doesn’t kneel now. He will be branded a racist, a bad teammate, and be run out of the league on a rail. Ask Drew Brees.....

And queue all the leftist posters here calling me a racist for daring to question BLM. :tothehand:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Re: BLM: Riddle Me This....

Post by dbackjon »

:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

TL;DR
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:39 pmTL;DR
Not surprising. There’s some nuance in there too, so probably not for you. :thumb:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

My take:
I think the slogan is great (I love a good marketing campaign). BTW, there is a local roof company that has a commercial where they have a jingle that says "For a hole in your roof, or a whole new roof. Frederic Roofing. It's simple and clever at the same time. But I digress.

I think we all get caught up with the "deaths" at the hands of the police. I think the movement is meant to shine a light on everything from what the BLM'ers perceive as unnecessary surveillance, questioning, stops, frisks, arrests, physical abuse, shootings, etc., and everything in between. I don't have any statistics for any of that, but I'm sure they exist in some form. I have no idea what percentage of any of these things are warranted compared with what is truly unnecessary. And I don't believe that the BLM'ers do either. And if they did, they certainly would not discuss the lack of accountability for the warranted interactions.

That's not to say I buy into any of this, but I don't dismiss it either. I want to see proof. Do unnecessary interactions occur? Of course they do. To what degree though? Show me (a little Missouri lingo for ya). We have all heard about the Harvard study. I have never looked at it, and I'm not sure how broad of a research it was. So I'm in the middle here until I feel it's required reading for me. Either way, my approach with people won't have to change. I judge you for you. Except Palousians. Those fuckers should be shot.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:23 pm My take:
I think the slogan is great (I love a good marketing campaign). BTW, there is a local roof company that has a commercial where they have a jingle that says "For a hole in your roof, or a whole new roof. Frederic Roofing. It's simple and clever at the same time. But I digress.

I think we all get caught up with the "deaths" at the hands of the police. I think the movement is meant to shine a light on everything from what the BLM'ers perceive as unnecessary surveillance, questioning, stops, frisks, arrests, physical abuse, shootings, etc., and everything in between. I don't have any statistics for any of that, but I'm sure they exist in some form. I have no idea what percentage of any of these things are warranted compared with what is truly unnecessary. And I don't believe that the BLM'ers do either. And if they did, they certainly would not discuss the lack of accountability for the warranted interactions.

That's not to say I buy into any of this, but I don't dismiss it either. I want to see proof. Do unnecessary interactions occur? Of course they do. To what degree though? Show me (a little Missouri lingo for ya). We have all heard about the Harvard study. I have never looked at it, and I'm not sure how broad of a research it was. So I'm in the middle here until I feel it's required reading for me. Either way, my approach with people won't have to change. I judge you for you. Except Palousians. Those fuckers should be shot.
Empty threat there, Flaggy. This is too long for him to read anyways. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:44 pm
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:23 pm My take:

“Black Lives Matter”.

Easy concept. They do. And I don’t get butthurt by the phrase nor feel a need to defend or reject it.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:21 pm

“Black Lives Matter”.

Easy concept. They do. And I don’t get butthurt by the phrase nor feel a need to defend or reject it.
I’m not “butthurt”. I’m trying to understand why they picked the .1% to focus on instead of the 99.4%. If you can’t explain it, just say so.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:34 pm

“Black Lives Matter”.

I’m not “butthurt”. I’m trying to understand why they picked the .1% to focus on instead of the 99.4%. If you can’t explain it, just say so.
The idea is that currently black people are dealing with some shit. Other people might deal with some shit as well, but right now black people are dealing with the worst shit. Yes, all lives do matter, but we should focus on the people who are going through the worst shit. Imagine WW2 and there is a hashtag #jewlivesmatter and then people came out saying #alllivesmatter. You would say, yes, they do, but maybe we should focus on this one group for a little bit. That's it. It's not that hard. Tom, you aren't a dumb feller, just change your focus.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

“Black Lives Matter”.

Sure, what’s not to like about open borders, the end of jails and prisons, end of fossil fuels, wealth redistribution, reparations, and every other Marxist-Leninist, reverse racism policy you can think of in the BLM manifesto
https://m4bl.org/policy-platforms/
which ignores the elephant in the room, black on black crime..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

“Black Lives Matter”.

It makes zero sense. Clearly Black Lives DON’T MATTER to people who focus on the George Floyd’s, and ignore all the black on black crime. You’re right, for ever George Floyd there’s a thousand black on black homicides in insert your inner city here, but those don’t make for good headlines, riots and protests.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:58 pm

It makes zero sense. Clearly Black Lives DON’T MATTER to people who focus on the George Floyd’s, and ignore all the black on black crime. You’re right, for ever George Floyd there’s a thousand black on black homicides in insert your inner city here, but those don’t make for good headlines, riots and protests.
You are really dumb. Keep sucking off the Fox News hosts. Enjoy Tuckers juice.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

You have two entirely different things..."Black Lives Matter", the slogan. Nobody will argue with that.

Then you have the Black Lives Matter organization. They're proud Marxists, and can politely fuck off.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Vidav wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:10 pm
You are really dumb. Keep sucking off the Fox News hosts. Enjoy Tuckers juice.
Typical simpleton leftist response. Don’t refute what I said, just resort to an ad hominem attack.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

I mean, it's who and what they are. :coffee:

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

There is no racial bias in police killings.

#DataMattersDogmaDoesnt
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Black live don't matter

Anymore or less than anyone else or any other race. If they want anyone to really listen how about quit killing their own kind first so we know it's not just a sham like it is.

Fuck you

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BDKJMU wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:34 pm I’m not “butthurt”. I’m trying to understand why they picked the .1% to focus on instead of the 99.4%. If you can’t explain it, just say so.
Nailed it.

There is no logic behind their bullshit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

“Black Lives Matter”.

Oh...so NOW you care about the other 99%...

:coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

“Black Lives Matter”.

Sure, what’s not to like about open borders, the end of jails and prisons, end of fossil fuels, wealth redistribution, reparations, and every other Marxist-Leninist, reverse racism policy you can think of in the BLM manifesto
https://m4bl.org/policy-platforms/
which ignores the elephant in the room, black on black crime..
I also support MAGA.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Marx and Lenin were in favor of open borders, the end of jails and prisons, and the end of fossil fuels?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

So based on the lack of intelligent responses, I guess lefties simply can’t explain the conundrum and it doesn’t make any sense to them either. That’s what I figured.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

It was a little hard following the original post, but here's a black person to explain what (I think) you're trying to understand:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:40 pm It was a little hard following the original post, but here's a black person to explain what (I think) you're trying to understand:

I like the Monopoly analogy but that video has ZERO to do with why BLM focuses on the .1% of black deaths by cops and virtually ignores the 99.4% caused by other blacks. Nor does BLM attempt to solve or even address or mention any of the social/cultural issues that are inherent in their communities.

It just seeks a boogeyman (“systemic racism” and racist cops) and blames all their woes on that. THAT’S their focal point.

Hell, her Monopoly analogy is better than anything BLM has put out.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

That Monopoly analogy is the reason for the social/cultural issues.

Take almost any place in the world: poverty and violence are intertwined no matter the race.

The problem is that we systemically kept blacks in poverty for centuries and still keep them in poverty through economic and educational inequalities (in addition to a racist criminal justice system).

The solution has to come from people like us who can vote to distribute wealth more fairly because in our system: money is power. Due to the Monopoly analogy, the black community has little power. That's how it ties into your question and why Black Lives Matter.